User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 22:18   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alcohol or Pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I was originally making the point that objective reality exists despite our perceptions. No matter your perception of it, your problem remains the same on waking up as it was the night before.
Again, I agree.

Quote:
Our perception of reality should not cloud the fact that an objective reality exists. Perceptions only matter insofar as they affect our relationship with objective reality, and this relationship is always arbitrated by reality itself.
Well, I don't really know what you mean by "arbritrated" here. I suspect you're missing the dialectic (lol!) between reality, will and perception.

Let's use an example. You go to the doctors and they tell you that you have one year to live (and this being a hypothetical case we'll say it's pretty much 100% assured you will die at this point). You are mortified and go home feeling utterly depressed. The next few days you cannot get out of bed due to your emotional state and are a wreck. However, after one night's sleep you wake up feeling different. You feel much more positive and accept this reality and decide to get as much done in your remaining year as you possibly can. You will travel, you will meet people, you will write. And so on.

Now, the "reality" is that before and after this ephiphany your situation is the same (i.e. you will die in a years time). However, your outlook (and therefore your behaviour) will be completely different, depending on how you decide to view things. In a non-hypothetical case (i.e. where you don't know for sure you'll die) you can often improve your reality by changing your perspective (and thus behaviour).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote