User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 31 Aug 2010, 20:24   #51
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: NFI Statement on todays political shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
If Kenny's word isn't good enough, you can have mine. Over 10 years now I've held to it, and I've no intention of going back on it this round either.

ND/CT/Osiris will not be targeted to either ensure NFI win or advance our planet/gal ranks unless they first take hostile actions against us.

ps. I'm rather appalled that there's such disbelief that someone playing this game might actually strive to be honorable in their actions.
Nah it's not a question of honour, i'm just not sure what you're going to do for the next month? Your big planets may as well start initing..
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 20:32   #52
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

You act like Apprime and Asc aren't planning to hit us for the rest of the round, Religfree

<3
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 20:59   #53
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree View Post
Nah it's not a question of honour, i'm just not sure what you're going to do for the next month? Your big planets may as well start initing..
Personally I was planning on burning App/Asc to the ground, and then just galraid.

Our reputation means more to me than backstabbing friends to mop up a round once we've secured a win. Those ranks are hollow and barely earned, and it's disrespectful towards the hard work good players in friendly alliances have put in to get where they are.
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:02   #54
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
If Kenny's word isn't good enough, you can have mine. Over 10 years now I've held to it, and I've no intention of going back on it this round either.

ND/CT/Osiris will not be targeted to either ensure NFI win or advance our planet/gal ranks unless they first take hostile actions against us.

ps. I'm rather appalled that there's such disbelief that someone playing this game might actually strive to be honorable in their actions.
You have never been in a position to break a word on alliance politics level.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:05   #55
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

o.O
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:06   #56
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
You have never been in a position to break a word on alliance politics level.
That's actually not true.
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:12   #57
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That's actually not true.
Then correct me with facts instead of just saying YES when i say NO.
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:12   #58
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't think he's questioning whether you would honour those agreements but why you would decide to make the round even more boring by making them.
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:24   #59
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
I don't think he's questioning whether you would honour those agreements but why you would decide to make the round even more boring by making them.
Boring is relative.

To me, there's more to this game than simply the #1 rank. Friendship is important to me. Trying to run as good an alliance as you can for your members is another. When an alliance works hard and does its best and tries to improve as an alliance, it has earned my respect, regardless what rank it finishes.
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 21:44   #60
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Boring is relative.

To me, there's more to this game than simply the #1 rank. Friendship is important to me. Trying to run as good an alliance as you can for your members is another. When an alliance works hard and does its best and tries to improve as an alliance, it has earned my respect, regardless what rank it finishes.
See, this is what I was touching upon pre-round in the discussion of the new alliance points system where I said there should definitely be more competition in PA, but that there should be more to compete for rather than allowing everyone to compete for the same thing.

[NFI] is not now nor was it ever intended to be an alliance that will go for #1 at all costs. We have our own goals, and stepping on toes and backstabbing to acheive victory just don't enter into them. If we can go the whole round without any mass-crashing (let's face it, our HC team don't have the best recent track record!), finishing above Asc and Apprime, and having stuck to our words for the entire duration, then that will be a win for us.
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 22:04   #61
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I regret to inform you that you seem to have read the exact opposite thing of what I wrote. Feel free to try again, though. This time, please don't replace actually reading my post with picking out the one long word and engaging in a session of creative association about what you feel the rest of it might possibly mean. It doesn't make you look very clever.
No I definately read what you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
It actually does. You just don't see what options you have.

[edit] Originally I wrote a step-by-step plan for victory here, but when I finished it I deleted it because that's the kind of bastard I am.

However, if you're only interested in getting big numbers in the PA spreadsheet, then perhaps, yes, napping as many alliances as possible is the best move to make. Me, I play this game to enjoy myself. Napping the #1 alliance and gal raiding for the remainder of the round does not fit my definition of "fun".
Sorry for the egregious error but this seems to be suggesting that the strategy we've taken (accepting we can't win, and NAPing the top ally in order to achieve as high a rank as possible) is akin to just "getting big numbers in the PA spreadsheet". What you then describe as "playing the game to enjoy yourself", seems like a pretty obvious affirmation of what you've been advocating so far in this discussion, which is that we should have joined a more "fun" block war with you and Apprime in hitting NFI.
If you think I've over reached some conclusions here then you're an idiot. It's the pretty obvious interpretation of what you're saying here, and if you'd like people to think otherwise, then can you explicitly detail exactly what you would consider the "fun" option for CT to be, thanks.

Quote:
I for one am glad that you appear to have proven me correct when I said you didn't see what options you have.
Just so you know, the next time you plan on approaching our HC with a plan to attack someone, you should probably offer an incentive other than "Hey I thought of a way you can win, let me just type it up for you here..... Ok I'm done. Ok I just deleted it. That's the kind of guy I am. So.... are you convinced yet?"

Quote:
I would, however, like to point out (again) that Ascendancy have not in fact been hitting you. We have actually attacked NFI-heavy galaxies, as demonstrated above. And, oh, have those foolish attempts ever cost us.
I don't ****ing care if we're just collateral damage to you. The fact is you were hitting us and nfi weren't. And, as I mentioned before, Apprime had been and still are probably the most hostile alliance to us in terms of incomming.

Quote:
And what goals would those be, exactly? The magical coming up from 5th-soon-6th spot to snatch up the #1 position while one is watching? Or the mass crashing then kicking a top planet from tag plan of dread, doom and devastation that has been Ascendancy's approach so far? No, no, no, much better to play it safe and nap the alliance that's already 30m score and 25k roids ahead of you.
To achieve as high a rank as possible and I imagine to help some enterprising individuals to finish with high planet ranks.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 23:12   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post
Sorry for the egregious error but this seems to be suggesting that the strategy we've taken (accepting we can't win, and NAPing the top ally in order to achieve as high a rank as possible) is akin to just "getting big numbers in the PA spreadsheet". What you then describe as "playing the game to enjoy yourself", seems like a pretty obvious affirmation of what you've been advocating so far in this discussion, which is that we should have joined a more "fun" block war with you and Apprime in hitting NFI.
If you think I've over reached some conclusions here then you're an idiot. It's the pretty obvious interpretation of what you're saying here, and if you'd like people to think otherwise, then can you explicitly detail exactly what you would consider the "fun" option for CT to be, thanks.
No need to apologize, it appears you have now indeed gotten it. It's a bit odd that you ask what it is that I consider the fun option, right after accurately describing what I consider the fun option, but this is definitely a step in the right direction!

Quote:
Just so you know, the next time you plan on approaching our HC
Let me stop your right there. It's never gonna happen. In fact, the reason I didn't post it in the first place is because alliance politics (outside of AD) is a minefield I would not enter if my life depended on it. I leave that in the very capable hands of more knowledgeable and experienced members of Ascendancy.

Quote:
I don't ****ing care if we're just collateral damage to you. The fact is you were hitting us and nfi weren't. And, as I mentioned before, Apprime had been and still are probably the most hostile alliance to us in terms of incomming.
If our random incomings on you look like active targetting to you, then perhaps we can revise the meaning of the word to include that we have been viciously targetted by Howling Rain (who are even more hostile to us than NFI!).

By the way, CT are our most hostile opponent. Not that it matters in the slightest, that is kind of my point, but I think it's funny all the same. Hihi.

Quote:
To achieve as high a rank as possible and I imagine to help some enterprising individuals to finish with high planet ranks.
First of all, engaging in wars against higher ranked alliance with a lot of time and fleets on their hands, while failing to get the required teamup partners (that's you guys) is a very bad way to secure ranks of any sort, be they for alliances or planets. No, if we wanted planet ranks, we would have napped NFI long before even you did. In fact, I kind of like this statement of yours, because that's exactly what CT is known (and known well) for doing: fencing and flag shipping. It is not surprising (but mistaken, all the same) that a CT member of all poeple would expect other alliances to aim for the same goals.

Secondly, you may want to check your arbiter. In fact, since you seemed a bit peeved that I didn't share my three step master plan to victory with you (I do apologise), I will instead share this bit of information with you: we have a single planet in the bottom half of the top 10 and an additional 8 other planets in the top 100, all but two of which are in the bottom half. My point? No, it's not very high on our list of priorities, at the moment.

It is much simpler than this. I'm a little surprised you guessed incorrectly, because I've said it several times in this thread: we want to have fun.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 23:26   #63
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
The NAP is written in the form of a temporary agreement, and only features attack co-ordination against Apprime and whomever would block with them. We have no intent to take down any neutral alliances, much less anyone who has been friendly to us.
Sincerely,
NFI Command Team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
We told ND when we made our NAP that we'd not target them or break the nap, but if they beat us by roiding more effectively then credit where credit's due etc.
Do I take it 'Temporary' is now permanent?
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 23:39   #64
t3k
The Video Guy

Just because we have not set an end time and date doesn't mean that it's going to last forever, nor does it mean that NFI having no intention of ending the NAP by any specific timetable, either as defined at the time of the original agreement or by popular demand from external parties such as Asc or App, have decided that it's definitely 100% permanent.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 00:08   #65
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No need to apologize, it appears you have now indeed gotten it. It's a bit odd that you ask what it is that I consider the fun option, right after accurately describing what I consider the fun option, but this is definitely a step in the right direction!
I asked you what you considered to be the fun option because when I correctly identified what you meant the first time, you claimed I'd totally misunderstood what you were saying.

Quote:
Let me stop your right there. It's never gonna happen. In fact, the reason I didn't post it in the first place is because alliance politics (outside of AD) is a minefield I would not enter if my life depended on it. I leave that in the very capable hands of more knowledgeable and experienced members of Ascendancy.
Thanks for informing me about your future aspirations within the Ascendancy alliance. Really interesting stuff.

Quote:
If our random incomings on you look like active targetting to you, then perhaps we can revise the meaning of the word to include that we have been viciously targetted by Howling Rain (who are even more hostile to us than NFI!).
I don't ****ING CARE IF IT WAS ACTIVE TARGETTING OR NOT. The fact is you were more hostile than NFI and that App was even moreso. That's the point. Either respond to what I've said in regards to how that affected our decision not to block with you, or stop ****ing crying about how we don't know what real incomming looks like. No one cares.

Quote:
By the way, CT are our most hostile opponent. Not that it matters in the slightest, that is kind of my point, but I think it's funny all the same. Hihi.
Yeah the fact we're hitting the alliance above us is an absolute ****ing laugh riot.

Quote:
First of all, engaging in wars against higher ranked alliance with a lot of time and fleets on their hands, while failing to get the required teamup partners (that's you guys) is a very bad way to secure ranks of any sort, be they for alliances or planets. No, if we wanted planet ranks, we would have napped NFI long before even you did. In fact, I kind of like this statement of yours, because that's exactly what CT is known (and known well) for doing: fencing and flag shipping. It is not surprising (but mistaken, all the same) that a CT member of all poeple would expect other alliances to aim for the same goals.

Secondly, you may want to check your arbiter. In fact, since you seemed a bit peeved that I didn't share my three step master plan to victory with you (I do apologise), I will instead share this bit of information with you: we have a single planet in the bottom half of the top 10 and an additional 8 other planets in the top 100, all but two of which are in the bottom half. My point? No, it's not very high on our list of priorities, at the moment.

It is much simpler than this. I'm a little surprised you guessed incorrectly, because I've said it several times in this thread: we want to have fun.
Wow, awesome. So my post was actually referencing our own plans for the round, not yours.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 00:19   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll make it short.

Quote:
I asked you what you considered to be the fun option because when I correctly identified what you meant the first time, you claimed I'd totally misunderstood what you were saying.
Because you did.

Quote:
I don't ****ING CARE IF IT WAS ACTIVE TARGETTING OR NOT. The fact is you were more hostile than NFI and that App was even moreso. That's the point. Either respond to what I've said in regards to how that affected our decision not to block with you, or stop ****ing crying about how we don't know what real incomming looks like. No one cares.
You seem pretty angry for someone who doesn't care. You also seem to be confusing me with Hanzi.

Anyway, this fact of yours continutes to be irrelevant. I refer to earlier posts.

Quote:
Wow, awesome. So my post was actually referencing our own plans for the round, not yours.
I misunderstood. My apologies.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 00:27   #67
oil

Quote:
Because you did.

You seem pretty angry for someone who doesn't care. You also seem to be confusing me with Hanzi.

Anyway, this fact of yours continutes to be irrelevant. I refer to earlier posts.
If you want to end the discussion then stop replying, don't just offer up this kind of evasive rubbish.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 01:36   #68
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
See, this is what I was touching upon pre-round in the discussion of the new alliance points system where I said there should definitely be more competition in PA, but that there should be more to compete for rather than allowing everyone to compete for the same thing.

[NFI] is not now nor was it ever intended to be an alliance that will go for #1 at all costs. We have our own goals, and stepping on toes and backstabbing to acheive victory just don't enter into them. If we can go the whole round without any mass-crashing (let's face it, our HC team don't have the best recent track record!), finishing above Asc and Apprime, and having stuck to our words for the entire duration, then that will be a win for us.
And you secured your definition of "win" (ironically as you sat in #1 the entire time; everyone else's definition) very early.

I will admit there were a few ticks where it must've been a bit scary seeing App #2 (and approaching your score). But no worry, a NewF***ingBlock solved that!

Grats, next round please? Maybe a no block "Sid challenge" too?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 08:24   #69
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
If you want to end the discussion then stop replying, don't just offer up this kind of evasive rubbish.
Far be it from me to put a stop to the finest display of my awesomeness since that one time I did Hosie's and Benneh's mums at the same time. Oh, the memories.

No, the real reasons I kept it short like I did was 1) I was about to go to bed, and 2) you seemed to have run out of things to fail to refute my points with. It does get tiresome (which ties in neatly with point 1).

I will gladly reply to any new points you wish to make, but will just quote myself when you repeat an old one, and ignore you if you make another contentless post like this one.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 09:07   #70
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Personally I was planning on burning App/Asc to the ground, and then just galraid.
/me lubes up and bends over...
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 10:19   #71
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Personally I was planning on burning App/Asc to the ground, and then just galraid..

overdue
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 10:30   #72
oil

Quote:
Far be it from me to put a stop to the finest display of my awesomeness since that one time I did Hosie's and Benneh's mums at the same time. Oh, the memories.

No, the real reasons I kept it short like I did was 1) I was about to go to bed, and 2) you seemed to have run out of things to fail to refute my points with. It does get tiresome (which ties in neatly with point 1).

I will gladly reply to any new points you wish to make, but will just quote myself when you repeat an old one, and ignore you if you make another contentless post like this one.
Great well now that you're not about to go to bed, would you like to go back and exapnd on:
Quote:
Because you did.
What exactly did I misunderstand? Try not to be an evasive spastic and actually explain, as lucidly as possible, what I misunderstood.

Quote:
"Hey I'm having some trouble winning this argument here so I'm going to really vaguely suggest you've confused me with someone else. I'm not going to say why. I'm just going to name the poster. You're then going to have to read his posts and guess what I'm talking about. Good luck!!!"

Quote:
Well refer to your earlier posts then... You haven't responded to my point yet. Don't respond to this with "yes I have", or "I think you're confusing me with someone else", or "I can pad out my contentless posting with unfunny anecdotes about how I had sex with this guys mum who I'm constantly riffing with in our private channel". Just repsond to the point.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 11:24   #73
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Im beginning to wonder if oil is not actually trying to get CT hit by Asc?
And why not indeed, beyond hubris there seems little point in a continued campaign against NFI that is doomed to failure. Indeed, Asc has not been attacking these last few days (at least not in an organised way). On the other hand, I couldn't count the number of times the Asc troll squad has told other alliances to man up and hit the top, for anything else is pointless.
The continued protestations that they have no intention of farming anyone but AA [I think this is an appropriate abbreviation for our block] notwithstanding, the longer we fight, the easier we make it for them to avoid adding to their list of enemies. Its only pt600, another few hundred ticks and AA will stand for Asteroids Anonymous, ie we will have given up having any, that is certainly how other rounds with such a dominant force have gone. The plus side of this is ofc the strain that would put on their obligations not to batter their partners, but at the cost of our not being in a position to act.
I expect to be char-grilled for this volte-face and rank cowardice, but it will happen anyway, stopping fighting them reduces their motivation to keep hitting ever thinner targets.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 12:20   #74
oil

If you don't think getting Ascendancy to give up the several year pretence of heroically gunning for the top spot no matter what because I out trolled them on the forums as being a pretty impressive victory, you're deluded.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 12:21   #75
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
What exactly did I misunderstand? Try not to be evasive and actually explain, as lucidly as possible, what I misunderstood.
Here you go. First my post:
Quote:
However, if you're only interested in getting big numbers in the PA spreadsheet, then perhaps, yes, napping as many alliances as possible is the best move to make. Me, I play this game to enjoy myself. Napping the #1 alliance and gal raiding for the remainder of the round does not fit my definition of "fun".
I took the liberty of quoting the entire paragraph, rather than just the one-liner you tried to snipe, as below:
Quote:
Ah yes, the internet spreadsheet reduction. In what way does winning the round (rather than just getting a high rank) transcend this rather irksome realisation that every PA achievement outside of ****ing one of the female members at a meet, is subject to being boiled down to "uh, yeah, but dude.... it's just a box in excel lol"
I am not really interested in continuing the discussion on this particular point. It gets rather meta, as you've already corrected yourself in a later post. You will have to forgive me that I'm not going to repost everything you've said in this thread, I'm going to (foolishly, perhaps) assume you have at least a vague recollection of the things you yourself have posted.

Quote:
"Hey I'm having some trouble winning this argument here so I'm going to really vaguely suggest you've confused me with someone else. I'm not going to say why. I'm just going to name the poster. You're then going to have to read his posts and guess what I'm talking about. Good luck!!!"
I do apologize. It was wrong of me to expect you to read the posts in this thread before replying to them. But, maybe, if you had done so, I would not be wasting my and your time endlessly reposting shit that has already been posted. I keep my promises, though, so first your bit:
Quote:
And then the bit by Hanzi, whom (as I said) you confused with me:
Quote:
Dude, you dont know what real incs is. You have actually never been in such a position. Weeks of continuously fighting enemy fleets equal to 1,5-2x of the entire alliance 3-fleet deffing, thats real incs and you never had it. NFI doesnt even get close either.
I never have and never will make a statement like that. I merely commented on the inanity of taking offense to random incomings, which, as the phrase implies, are random. I believe I called it "short sighted".

Quote:
Well refer to your earlier posts then... You haven't responded to my point yet.
There I go again, expecting you to read the thread before posting in it. Very unreasonable of me. But, never fear, I am at your service:
Quote:
So take measures to prevent that. PA is not a 1-on-1 game. Evolution did not take out Apprime, Ascendancy and NewDawn on their own last round. Show some initiative.
Quote:
You just don't see what options you have.
Considering that you have shown that you're incapable of figuring out a way to stop this extreme aggression from A&A (and are in fact doing the exact opposite of what would work, or, possibly, by now, what would have worked), you continue to prove me right. Hint: try that thing we did with ND.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:24   #76
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
If you don't think getting Ascendancy to give up the several year pretence of heroically gunning for the top spot no matter what because I out trolled them on the forums as being a pretty impressive victory, you're deluded.
Its never been a pretence; as in a false affectation, its always been a true goal, if it seemed credible. It does not, therefore there would be pretence not in giving it up, but rather in sustaining it.
If we ever claimed the laurels of being heroic then that would be pretence indeed, for we are scumbags.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:24   #77
t3k
The Video Guy

Can you guys not go and get a CT thread please? Kinda stepping on toes here, lads...
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:25   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My only regret this round is that I didn't actually nap nfi thereby confirming that it's far and away the worst round in pa history.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:32   #79
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Can you guys not go and get a CT thread please? Kinda stepping on toes here, lads...
Just read the lack of attention paid to the main topic as a metaphor for the round.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:43   #80
oil

Quote:
Here you go. First my post:

I took the liberty of quoting the entire paragraph, rather than just the one-liner you tried to snipe, as below:

I am not really interested in continuing the discussion on this particular point. It gets rather meta, as you've already corrected yourself in a later post. You will have to forgive me that I'm not going to repost everything you've said in this thread, I'm going to (foolishly, perhaps) assume you have at least a vague recollection of the things you yourself have posted.
Great so your response to me asking you to elucidate in the most clear terms possible where I was mistaken has resulted in you............. re-pasting what you already said. Followed by a complaint that this is getting a bit too "meta". Well done.

Quote:
I do apologize. It was wrong of me to expect you to read the posts in this thread before replying to them. But, maybe, if you had done so, I would not be wasting my and your time endlessly reposting shit that has already been posted. I keep my promises, though, so first your bit:
I'm responding to you not Hanzi you dipshit.

Quote:
And then the bit by Hanzi, whom (as I said) you confused with me:

I never have and never will make a statement like that. I merely commented on the inanity of taking offense to random incomings, which, as the phrase implies, are random. I believe I called it "short sighted".
Quote:
To me that kind of reads like you're sending up the idea of my thinking the amount of inc you sent to us could amount to active targetting. You can pretend like my interpretation of what you said above is so wildly off base that the natural conclusion is that I had infact mistaken what you said for Hanzi's insult towards NFI, but no one's going to think you're being anything other than a pedantic moron, so just shut up.

Quote:
There I go again, expecting you to read the thread before posting in it. Very unreasonable of me. But, never fear, I am at your service:
No I've read your posts in it. You appear to be under the impression that the posts of yours you quoted actually responded to the point I made.... But they didn't. The most you've managed to come up with so far is to assure us that you at one point typed up a plan for CT to win the round or something and that this apparently negates everything I've said in regards to suggesting that blocking with you to hit NFI isn't in our interests.

Quote:
Considering that you have shown that you're incapable of figuring out a way to stop this extreme aggression from A&A (and are in fact doing the exact opposite of what would work, or, possibly, by now, what would have worked), you continue to prove me right. Hint: try that thing we did with ND.
I already said what I think would happen if we joined a block with you to hit NFI. Namely that ND and NFI (or just NFI assuming you're suggesting we NAP ND and that they'd accept it) would smack the shit out of us until we went neutral again. You apparently have some answer for this problem, but you keep forgetting to post it.
If you think "Hint: try that thing we did with ND" offers some kind of masterplan route to victory for us, I've got to concede I'm a few steps behind you.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:45   #81
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That is the angriest, most pointless rant I've seen in a long time.

I mean seriously we're talking about how you think that he thinks that his posts responded to your posts when they didn't but he thinks they did. Maybe we could talk about the actual matter being argued over as opposed to the many ways we can misinterpret each other.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:48   #82
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
That is the angriest, most pointless rant I've seen in a long time.

I mean seriously we're talking about how you think that he thinks that his posts responded to your posts when they didn't but he thinks they did. Maybe we could talk about the actual matter being argued over as opposed to the many ways we can misinterpret each other.
That's cool but it's only one person purposely trying to obfuscate the argument because they're losing.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:50   #83
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
That's cool but it's only one person purposely trying to obfuscate the argument because they're losing.
Heaven forfend that someone might lose an argument on the internet! So, rapidly moving on from who is or isn't trying doing what with whose mum, what exactly is your point?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 13:58   #84
oil

Quote:
Heaven forfend that someone might lose an argument on the internet!
I'm saying it's a big enough of a deal for me to continue replying on an internet forum, not that he needs to be put to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
So, rapidly moving on from who is or isn't trying doing what with whose mum, what exactly is your point?
That listening to ascendancy players whinge about us not helping them do better in the game is kind of annoying and that it would be nice to have extended to us the "we're interested only in what bennefits us" rhetoric that I've seen your players espouse on these boards over the years. We don't owe you anything, and while I'd personally like to see the CT HC rescind the NAP with NFI, I don't think we have any real obligation to do so and I'd understand if the HC felt they were doing a disservice to their members if they did.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:06   #85
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
My only regret this round is that I didn't actually nap nfi thereby confirming that it's far and away the worst round in pa history.
Well, I'd say it was definitely Ascendancy's worst round in pa history.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:07   #86
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Dude, you dont know what real incs is. You have actually never been in such a position. Weeks of continuously fighting enemy fleets equal to 1,5-2x of the entire alliance 3-fleet deffing, thats real incs and you never had it. NFI doesnt even get close either.
Whay you dont understand Mz is that i never said 1,5x-2x was enough to roid Apprime/asc. I stated that these numbers were the opposition for weeks and they actively targeted us with these numbers. Lets say it started somewhere around 1,5x and when the block grew even bigger it tipper over 2x, successfully roiding us slowly. Thats how i read the graphs, because i ****ing played the rounds! unlike yourself who only guess what the graphs mean.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:10   #87
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Its the worst round in PA history simply because you manage to top round37, which again topped round 36, on the matter of having other alliances dicks up your ass.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:11   #88
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
U didnt play round 35?
we were 14th. I dont see u pushing us down below xVx with 11 ppl even if u hit us 24/7 for the rest of the round.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:16   #89
t3k
The Video Guy

Did you have 74 people in the tag in R35?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:18   #90
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

70 was the limit.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:19   #91
t3k
The Video Guy

And err.. you know... actually don't think I did play R35 beyond having a planet I logged into once or twice a week.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:19   #92
t3k
The Video Guy

Were you at tag limit?
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:24   #93
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

cough..., cough... choke, no, 29 ppl. Still with 29 ppl i would still expect us to be higher than 14th this round.
But our lack of success this round has more to do with our long term declining trend than your own awesomeness, i would not expect Asc's fortunes to perk up at all if NFI just instantly disappeared.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:35   #94
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Well, we'd go up to second place! Game would be proud.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 14:43   #95
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
cough..., cough... choke, no, 29 ppl. Still with 29 ppl i would still expect us to be higher than 14th this round.
But our lack of success this round has more to do with our long term declining trend than your own awesomeness, i would not expect Asc's fortunes to perk up at all if NFI just instantly disappeared.
Don't get me wrong dude, I'm not claiming to have knocked you guys out of your stride whilst in your prime or anything - it just seems like there's a little bit of resentment for us because we're not quite as shit as you this round.

I could be wrong, that's just how it's coming across.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 15:29   #96
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Don't get me wrong dude, I'm not claiming to have knocked you guys out of your stride whilst in your prime or anything - it just seems like there's a little bit of resentment for us because we're not quite as shit as you this round.

I could be wrong, that's just how it's coming across.
Im afraid not, i would have to be very resentful, as we are very lame, it would take some doing to be shitter than we, (no other ally carries around the amount of furniture we do so merrily). That we got as far as third is a source of amazement, our natural place should be about 5th given our activity.
The resentment, if such there is, stems from ur not having had to fight a proper fight, not from ur being better than us. Ppl have been better than us since r32, I think we have gotten over it. We have re-adjusted to our diminished place in the universe, but others have not (take oils post about our heroic pretensions!) which in part keeps people from seeing us as the underdog, which traditionally would cause ppl to join us, not join u.
Tho App is as much a problem there as any lingering sense of Asc r28-31.
Would I like Asc to be better than it is? you bet! but Im not likely to put in the effort in order to achieve that, this round im even more sub par than usual
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 15:31   #97
t3k
The Video Guy

I was really hoping you guys would put up more of a fight tbh.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 15:37   #98
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Opposition to Asc in its prime always needed strength in numbers to sustain it, why should you expect weaker alliances to fight against the odds both outnumbered and outgunned?
Asc tended to leap up from a lowly position due to being underestimated, to be overestimated now is just symmetry.
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 15:47   #99
t3k
The Video Guy

symmetry, smoke and mirrors!
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 19:42   #100
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Due to recent developments where by NewDawn has chosen to agree to Ascendancys request for a NAP, we’ve chosen to extend a NAP to Conspiracy, for their continued friendly disposition towards us.

Regards,

NFI Command Team
Not sure my colleagues will approve of me doing this, but doubt they care to be honest. So, instead of nuking Ascendancy and Apprime with the top two alliances, which was well within your reach on your own and with more than sufficient resources to do that, you just napped another alliance.

Both Apprime and Ascendancy are lazy as anything, playing one of the worst rounds I can remember and are fairly harmless (hence the extra lol to your napping). If NFI take us on we'll lose pretty easily, but this is just pathetic. In fact the sum total of your posts have been pretty much been throwing the toys out of the pram because you aren't able to outgrow your nearest competitor (who you are napped to) to a level where it is beyond comfortable.

Essentially your strategy amounts to stagnation at any cost when there is absolutely no need for it whatsoever, because the round is barely competitive in any sense. A patently excessive strategy in a round where it certainly isn't relevant and in a round where you will win pretty much no matter what. You can cruise to victory without measures such as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny

Really, this post is just a complete lie. This NAP is a total demonstration that NFI are willing to shut down any kind of gameplay to assure a victory that is pretty much already assured (and has been rated by many in Ascendancy as politically certain since before tick 500). This move is nothing to do with 'competition'.

No problems with NFI winning, but their line of argument in this thread is just laughable in the extreme.