User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 19:58   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
R 22 Construction/Production

Some of us had the privelidge (sarcasm) of playing in the closed Beta of R22.
During which time some substantial changes were made to the way ship production was implemented, and a requirement for each planet to build numerous ship production factories of each type.

The "idea" behind this was to make the production of ships a more realistic, in that the more you built the longer it took for a given number of factories.

So now it is no longer possible to play your planet the way it used to be (R21<).

Essentially you will need a minimum of 5 of each factory type, and that will probably mean producing ships every 5 or so ticks to get them in anything like a reasonable time.

If you attempt to save a few days resources and build ships, it could take hundreds of ticks for them to arrive. (not an exageration).

I made numerous complaints about the issues in the closed beta and was more or less told to "shut up and live with it as it will not be changed."

After a couple of days in the closed beta, i realised that this was true, and that no changes to this "feature" would be made so I stopped playing, in the hope that maybe it would change.

Today the open Beta started, along with new ship stats, well u guessed it, nothing changed they kept the stupid idea.

Well played Planetarion, you have implemented the worst ever change to the game since the idiot who invented PDS.

I have heard all the arguments for this idea, and to be honest there is a need for something to be done to stop resource hoarding/donations, distorter whoring and for the game to evolve.

This frankly is not it.

I am beyond caring what is done to the game, I was under the missguided impression that the opinions of beta testers was actually wanted, but it seems not, all they want are people to test the game, not actually contribute to it's development. And if you complain about it get told to shut up as it wont be changed and to live with it.

R22 is the death knell of planetarion, and certainly a round I wont be playing under the current "features"

Judge
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote