User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Mar 2007, 19:07   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It Feels So Good To Be Back!

Salutations my children! How I have missed you all.

Last Sunday afternoon my already troublesome laptop charger decided to hold its own indoor fireworks display. Whilst it was splendid in its own deadly way I decided to unplug my laptop lest my house be consumed by flame.

Needless to say this past week has been a torrid time with trips to Merthyr Tydfil (this in itself is more than enough to evoke pity even for the most hideous fiends), Cardiff and finally my adopted home, Swansea.

Merthyr was unsurprisingly dreadful, even the New Currys store (which is rather impressive) did not have what I needed. So I set off for Cardiff which seems to be shutting down, I could find no shop to sell me the precious gift of illumination. There is no longer a Currys nor a Dixons as far as I could establish.

With the stench of desperation upon me I ventured into PC World. After a short scouting mission I discovered what the label implied that I needed, but I dismissed this out of hand as the price indicated something far superior than what I was searching for.

After many, many attempts to get some customer support I finally managed to confront a member of staff and explained what I needed (this basically involved me mumbling incoherently whilsy shoving a broken power unit in his face) and we on our way.

Lo and behold he took me back to where I didn't want to be and I immediatly attempted to dismiss him in case he managed to sell me what I needed.

This is the part of the tale my friends which is enough to make grown men weep tears of blood. I strongly suggest those of a nervous disposition turn away now.

It slowly became clear to me that what I anticipated being a £20-£30 bill was going to set me back at least £60! SIXTY ****ING POUNDS FOR A GLORIFIED EXTENSION LEAD! That was the generic brand! A HP one owuld have cost me £100!

To show my utter disgust at such appalling over-pricing I displayed my pure emotion in the way any red-blooded male would. I thanked the assistant, waited until I was sure he was preoccupied with something else, put the generic charger (which I was pretending I was considering buying) neatly back on the shelf and briskly left the store.

A friend informed me of a spare charger he had for a Dell laptop so I went to Swansea to retrieve it only to get home and find it did not fit.

So I using my really old PC with Windows 98SE to connect to my wireless network which was in itself a tale even duller than the one you have just 'tldr' but I suppose at the end of the day this thread can be (and probably should have been) summed up in one sentance:

Where can I get a laptop charger for my HP laptop which isn't going to cost me a kidney?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 19:17   #2
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: It Feels So Good To Be Back!

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...Search+Froogle
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 19:19   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: It Feels So Good To Be Back!

£15 - 20 on eBay?