User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Jul 2004, 17:01   #1
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road
Methedrine's universe analysis

The data for the analysis was taken from the PT 403 dump file, most attacks should have went through by then so that a rather correct result for today should be included as well.

Average absolute growth rates per day:
member count per day:
1Up - +0.6
LCH - +1.8
[VSN] - +0.2
NewDawn - +2
MISTU - -2
size per member:
1Up - +37.4
LCH - +35.2
[VSN] - +25.2
NewDawn - +22.2
MISTU - +32.4
score per member:
1Up - +65,333.6
LCH - +58,748
[VSN] - +46,870.4
NewDawn - +42,117.4
MISTU - +55,799.4
total size:
1Up - +4,005
LCH - +4,486.4
[VSN] - +2,394.2
NewDawn - +2,779.6
MISTU - +1,414.8
total score:
1Up - +6,689,358.8
LCH - +6,667,212.4
[VSN] - +4,345,275.8
NewDawn - +4,481,844.2
MISTU - +3,149,535.6
So, there we have the numbers. Now let's play with conclusions for the very interesting race for the top spot:

1Up is falling behind on LCH in size growth, but still biggest growth rates per member combind with the thrice as high member growth of LCH compared to 1Up let me conclude that LCH's main size growth came from recruitment. However, considering other factors like 1Up's stagnating size growth the past 3 days, there seems to be some weakness from 1Up's side - or just a little bluff to better up its ratio? Time will tell what is the real reason for 1Up's little performance breakdown - they are #1 and seem to heavily fight for it.

LCH has been recruiting to the limit the past 5 days, gaining a huge score and size boost which seems like it more or less closed the gap between LCH and 1Up. It looks like LCH officially opened the hunt upon 1Up, whether it is wise to do that right now or not is clearly a different question, but the next days promise some tension - will LCH take over the #1 or will they allow 1Up a few more days on the hot seat?

I am not going into further details concerning the other alliances for the pure reason that they cannot change things by themselves anymore. Yes it would mean you people could if you guys are interested in making the #1 spot race even more interesting than it currently is. Having only 2 alliances racing for the #1 means that stagnation can appear rather soon....
Methedrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 17:47   #2
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Methedrine's universe analysis

The analysis is unbiased, but I'm not sure where those numbers come from...

I am not really sure what the value of this post is, since people can get more accurate updates on the current situation from Sandmans or Pilkara.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”

Last edited by ComradeRob; 5 Jul 2004 at 18:37.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 19:48   #3
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Statistics are like bikinis, what they hide is often more important than what they show.
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 19:52   #4
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

LCH isn't the only one that has been going after 1up...LCH is pretty secure in going after 1up, knowing that they have the rest of the universe behind them as well.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 19:52   #5
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Sush game, didnt you read his conclusions? If we want to win, all we need to do is keep recruiting. Maybe another 20/30 guys would win it for us .o/
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 08:03   #6
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Sush game, didnt you read his conclusions? If we want to win, all we need to do is keep recruiting. Maybe another 20/30 guys would win it for us .o/
Then we should merge, right?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 09:45   #7
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Feel free to kick me to get a free spot, Ive heard PACrew dont care about rules if you chat them up in pm, so I wouldnt have to wait 72 hours for def O_o

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 10:14   #8
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Feel free to kick me to get a free spot, Ive heard PACrew dont care about rules if you chat them up in pm, so I wouldnt have to wait 72 hours for def O_o
Then i will merge to your planet TheRat. And once we done this, we can get 100 random planets (witch we make ourselfs) also merge in our UBER planet and get #1 spot while we can login on 102 different machines at the time without being a multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
Statistics are like bikinis, what they hide is often more important than what they show.

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Š] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 10:16   #9
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Can I merge a bot into my neurontissue and run a bot on my account without cheating?

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 03:41   #10
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
I almost cried