User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Nov 2012, 15:49   #251
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough
Re: Ult and App

<Connovar> .surprisesex rat
[14:49] <Angelica> Top attackers on alliance Ultores are (total: 2037) Sexy Pirates - 1272 | Conspiracy - 447 | xVx - 57 | NewDawn - 55 | Innuendo - 52

Nice try though..

Last edited by Connovar; 21 Nov 2012 at 15:56.
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 15:50   #252
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

The bots are a lot more accurate than some of the stuff you guys are trying to peddle.

I can teach you how the module works if you come speak to me on IRC. It's obviously giving you trouble if you think what you pasted means anything different!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 15:59   #253
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

No thanks, but really your just blowing hot air.

Who cares what you consider lies, when ultores are the dirtiest alliance out there!

Jog on pal!
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 16:02   #254
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Oh no, you consider us dirty. You'll be hurting our feelings next!

And really, if you're struggling to understand modules from a Munin/Merlin clone, any of us former Ascendancy lot can help you out. It's a genuine offer.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 16:11   #255
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

j0j0 queers

15:11:21] <@CBA> -surprisesex ult
[15:11:22] -LDK- Top attackers on alliance Ultores are (total: 408) Sexy Pirates - 121 | Apprime - 115 | Conspiracy - 55 | xVx - 30 | Unknown - 22

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 16:50   #256
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Aww my post got deleted...It was a good one too!

Couldnt care less about your lessons on bots, im no a programmer, nor do i care about it!

The bots arent accurate, any explanation of this you care to offer is irrelevant!

My my this thread has a lot of tangents!
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 17:07   #257
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
Aww my post got deleted...It was a good one too!

Couldnt care less about your lessons on bots, im no a programmer, nor do i care about it!

The bots arent accurate, any explanation of this you care to offer is irrelevant!

My my this thread has a lot of tangents!
It's still irrelevant anyway. I don't see why they won't answer the simple question of why they didn't attack us. Well I can obviously make conclusions but that would get us into the usual problems that occur within pa.
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 17:16   #258
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

I was probably unncecessarily rude to Shev, sorry. Thanks for the offer of a tutorial on merlin, i would like to politely decline, and apolgise for my earlier rudeness :P

If you would ever like a biology or natural history lesson I would be more than happy to oblige, to return the offer
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 18:56   #259
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiall View Post
Eh? When did I say we were neutral?
Various FAng posters have been making a point of claming they've been neutral this round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
<Ultores> Top attackers on alliance Ultores are (total: 1840) Conspiracy - 637 | Sexy Pirates - 591 | NewDawn - 159 | Howling Rain - 108 | xVx - 103
Quote:
<Connovar>[14:49] <Angelica> Top attackers on alliance Ultores are (total: 2037) Sexy Pirates - 1272 | Conspiracy - 447 | xVx - 57 | NewDawn - 55 | Innuendo - 52
Back in the day, when Munin was first written, incs were reported through defense channels. Munin would sit in these channels and pass on the information to #ascendancy, thereby seeing all of Ascendancy's incs. This data was mined by the !surprisesex command: who attacked us most?

The numbers were never accurate for other alliances, because Munin would not "see" every inc on those other alliances, just those that were captured on a JGP. This was obviously very biased. Any alliance that we were at war with would have a lot of Ascendancy incs in its !surprisesex overview: partly because we hit them a lot, but mostly because Munin would see a disproportionate number of Ascendancy incomings, because we would paste our JGPs into channels Munin was in. Obviously, other alliances would not.

Since then, with the introduction of the (excellent) ingame alliance defense overview, Munin and Merlin bots no longer see every inc on your alliance. This means that if you do !surprisesex on your own alliance, only a fraction of the actual incs will show up there. That said, while the exact numbers are going to be very inaccurate, there's no reason why the ratios between the numbers would be. They give you a handle on answering the question "what alliance has been the most hostile to us?", but not on "how many incs did alliance X give us?".

Most of your own attacks are still seen by Munin/Merlin, because you still paste most of your JGPs into channels they're in, and most of your attacks will be captured on a JGP, so you can say both "we've been most hostile to alliance Y" and "we've given alliance Y about 1200 incs this round".

This explains why you (misguidedly) believe that CT gave Ultores only 450 incomings. Your own number of 1200 is correct, but Angelica is underrepresenting CT's incs, because of the way the data for it is gathered. On the other hand, Ultores' !surprisesex overview underrepresents both of your attacks (you've given them more than the 600 incs their Merlin has seen), but does so without bias one way or the other. Since Ultores' Merlin has only seen half of your attacks, it's reasonable to assume it also only saw half of CT's attacks, and half of ND's attacks, half of HR's attacks, etc.

I hope this was helpful and having armed you with this valuable knowledge, I look forward to seeing more factual accuracy on AD!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 19:02   #260
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Various FAng posters have been making a point of claming they've been neutral this round.
bitcher doesnt count

I also wasnt using the data given by the bot for anything other than to demonstrate the differences we would all have between what was given out by them. I know whos attacked us most this round, I know who we have attacked most this round.
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 19:23   #261
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
........I look forward to seeing more factual accuracy on AD!
Hehe. I'm putting that forward for the "post of the year" competition. (You can take your tongue out of your cheek now).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 19:27   #262
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was a genuine sentiment, actually. Though evidently not a very realistic expectation.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 20:45   #263
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiall View Post
It's still irrelevant anyway. I don't see why they won't answer the simple question of why they didn't attack us. Well I can obviously make conclusions but that would get us into the usual problems that occur within pa.
I can counter that question tho, why did fang never attack ult solo?
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 20:53   #264
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
No thanks, but really your just blowing hot air.

Who cares what you consider lies, when ultores are the dirtiest alliance out there!

Jog on pal!
I repeat again, FAnG tried forming a block, Ult reacted to it. Untill we got word from several alliances you were trying to make naps we didnt hit FAnG.
As for being the dirtiest alliance around, look at yourself.. In all the rounds you played you backstabbed your allies. You made promises just to break them.
Do you really expect a single alliance to trust you? I know our allies trust Ult, cause we dont backstab those who are loyal.
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 21:08   #265
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I repeat again, FAnG tried forming a block, Ult reacted to it. Untill we got word from several alliances you were trying to make naps we didnt hit FAnG.
As for being the dirtiest alliance around, look at yourself.. In all the rounds you played you backstabbed your allies. You made promises just to break them.
Do you really expect a single alliance to trust you? I know our allies trust Ult, cause we dont backstab those who are loyal.
Why on earth would we need to make a block when we were ahead? There was no coordinations between FAnG and other alliances to attack ult or what ever

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 21:32   #266
Wouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Why on earth would we need to make a block when we were ahead? There was no coordinations between FAnG and other alliances to attack ult or what ever
I wonder why you were trying too. This is also the reason why you had to wait for support aswell I think.
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 22:52   #267
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I wonder why you were trying too. This is also the reason why you had to wait for support aswell I think.
We didnt need to wait for anything, we were ahead, you were behind. You had to do what you thought was best to catch up.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 22:57   #268
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I WILL ANSWER YOU HIALL!!!!!!!!!

the reason we waiting so long to attack you, is for three reasons.
First: we didn't have enough intel of your planets so we couldn't be sure where your planets were.

Second: We have had heavy incs for most of the round, so we've been grounded for a long long time, it wasn't until we found a friend in apprime that would help us out and allow us to go attacking again

Three: we wanted to stay neutral and not go to war with anyone?

(I hope that sounds as ridiculous as it sounds when you guys say it, but remember, it's true!)
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 23:13   #269
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't be surprised if this round's stats kills the game altogether.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2012, 23:37   #270
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this round's stats kills the game altogether.

i would be
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2012, 11:53   #271
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
I WILL ANSWER YOU HIALL!!!!!!!!!

the reason we waiting so long to attack you, is for three reasons.
First: we didn't have enough intel of your planets so we couldn't be sure where your planets were.

Second: We have had heavy incs for most of the round, so we've been grounded for a long long time, it wasn't until we found a friend in apprime that would help us out and allow us to go attacking again

Three: we wanted to stay neutral and not go to war with anyone?

(I hope that sounds as ridiculous as it sounds when you guys say it, but remember, it's true!)
Thanks blue_esper! Appreciated.
Should have asked your friend Apprime for our coords earlier they've had them most of the round

Yes utterly ridiculous but heh seemingly both sides are equally accountable for that!

An answer however ridiculous normally has some grain of truth within it, so we hopefully will grow from this to a clear picture.
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2012, 15:48   #272
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

We also tried to be neutral and just init roids.