User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Nov 2012, 22:31   #101
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ult and App

We're on the third night of faNg incomings, actually. Not that I mind, but it's important to get the facts right.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2012, 22:45   #102
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Same old record, same old song.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2012, 22:53   #103
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyy View Post
last round app/ult had oddr allyed and they also napped Ds and had advoidance with CT for over 300 ticks
ODDR was not allied to Ult, we were allied with dS and App.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2012, 23:30   #104
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
We're on the third night of faNg incomings, actually. Not that I mind, but it's important to get the facts right.
Can hardly say night 2 was 'fang incomings' seeing has so few were able to launch due to incomings from the ult block.

And fang arent targetting Apprime tonight as far as im aware.

I can agree with you about getting the facts straight though, you seem to be one of the few people on this thread that does.
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 00:35   #105
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think the trick you miss is that when you come with 5 then the other one of Ult/App helps out because full on bashing is gay and they will work together to neutralise it.

If you came with 2 (still twice the fleets of the alliance you attack) and you did some proper attacking instead of shitly planned 'gal raids' over 5-6 ticks you do now where no one actually picks the targets you want them to.. then you would get some success and there would be less need for Ult and App to help each other out fully.

Both appreciated that the alliances below them coud not beat either truly 1v1 they just take exception to 3+ v1..
Ah, right - I see what you're getting at now. Personally, I don't think it would make any difference but I can see your reasoning.

Anyway, it's not surprising to see Ult running up a sizeable lead this round because no one has organised a block to stop them. It seems that if CT doesn't do it then no one will. Despite the criticism that CT has taken over the last few rounds at least they had the balls to try to stop Ult. Who is prepared to step up and make the running this time?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 01:17   #106
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Ah, right - I see what you're getting at now. Personally, I don't think it would make any difference but I can see your reasoning.

Anyway, it's not surprising to see Ult running up a sizeable lead this round because no one has organised a block to stop them. It seems that if CT doesn't do it then no one will. Despite the criticism that CT has taken over the last few rounds at least they had the balls to try to stop Ult. Who is prepared to step up and make the running this time?
No body wanted a repeat of earlier rounds, except Ult/App/DFKTW, therefor there was no block created except the Ult/App block.

Unread 5 Nov 2012, 09:11   #107
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
Can hardly say night 2 was 'fang incomings' seeing has so few were able to launch due to incomings from the ult block.

And fang arent targetting Apprime tonight as far as im aware.
The first night was mass incs on my gal. The second night FAng also targetted my gal, but they got much less coverage, probably due to it being a weekend. I must admit I didn't look very deeply into the second night, but I checked 6 attackers and 4 of those were FanG. I am indeed not seeing fanG incomings tonight, and our attack also seems to be a random galraid.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 09:19   #108
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
No body wanted a repeat of earlier rounds, except Ult/App/DFKTW, therefor there was no block created except the Ult/App block.
And the Forest/B-Butcher block.
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 11:40   #109
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

So from what I understand of the current political situation is this.

App came into the round wanting nothing more than to feed of ND and CT roids left alone they would have quite happily roided CT and ND all round for "easy" roids.

Fang came into the round with an idea that they might be able to stop ult winning a 7th? However at least from the discussions I was around to hear Fang didn't want to be associated with any block and would rather do things on their own. Due to some bad intel and miss guided BCs a few app gals were put up very early with narked app a bit. Before app had retaliated, I assume because they wanted to build some value, Fang moved on to trying to fight ult. Then apparently recieved incs from app/ult looking like a block.

Meanwhile DFWTK have been working with ult, as usual, to roid/ occupy other elements of any potential block that could be forming whilst also "gal raiding".

The one thing i don't understand however, is that Fang's roid total hasn't changed significantly in over a week. Under sustained fire from both ult and app and yet ultores roid count has increased dramatically. What i can surmise from this is app and ult worked together to contain Fang under the mask of retaliation for hitting them while they roid the likes of CT/ND etc etc etc.
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 11:50   #110
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebos View Post
So from what I understand of the current political situation is this.

App came into the round wanting nothing more than to feed of ND and CT roids left alone they would have quite happily roided CT and ND all round for "easy" roids.

Fang came into the round with an idea that they might be able to stop ult winning a 7th? However at least from the discussions I was around to hear Fang didn't want to be associated with any block and would rather do things on their own. Due to some bad intel and miss guided BCs a few app gals were put up very early with narked app a bit. Before app had retaliated, I assume because they wanted to build some value, Fang moved on to trying to fight ult. Then apparently recieved incs from app/ult looking like a block.

Meanwhile DFWTK have been working with ult, as usual, to roid/ occupy other elements of any potential block that could be forming whilst also "gal raiding".

The one thing i don't understand however, is that Fang's roid total hasn't changed significantly in over a week. Under sustained fire from both ult and app and yet ultores roid count has increased dramatically. What i can surmise from this is app and ult worked together to contain Fang under the mask of retaliation for hitting them while they roid the likes of CT/ND etc etc etc.
Almost right
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 15:46   #111
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Sebos the first part of your post was okay

The latter backtracked on the former and you decided to change conclusions making the post turn into a load of dribble..

Fag Rat App are all n00b bashing at the moment

I'll add some useful information to readers

DWTFTS defence is good
Conspiracy's defence is better than usual
Apps def is getting better
Rat def is good
fag def is good
xvx def doesn't exist
hr def is pretty sub-standard
ND def is avg at best

Hope that helps all you roid hungry go getters!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 19:37   #112
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Conspiracy's defence is better than usual
Are you shitting me? I have had 2 of the high ranked CT deffers in my gal emoing today cos they got incs and instead of getting def nelito who has sent 1 def fleet this round jumped online and stole it all... why have some rigid points based system if ppl dont stick to it?

CT's defence sucks because they dont get up and defend. Simples...
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 22:15   #113
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Guess its too much to hope PA could change and be competitive again.
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 22:27   #114
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Guess its too much to hope PA could change and be competitive again.
As much as i dislike all the shitty Forest inspired propaganda about Ult and App they do hold a large majority of the best and most active players.

For all our whining about CT/ND defence and the lazy raiding styles they have if the members have no desire to wake up and defend or actually put some thought into their attacks (or wake up to recall them!!) then you cant change that.

The only thing that is remotely doable is for a new alliance to start up and go round and scoop up every active player sitting in one of the other alliances... people who will defend every night, who will look after their ships and plan proper attacks. It would need a decent HC team, not one of what we have but someone with desire and knowledge to compete with the top 2 and the ability to resist the idea that 4 on 1 is good!!!

That could then end up an intresting 3 way... i beleive a genuine challenger to Ultores that doesnt go down the bashing route would probably have support from Apprime rather than resistance....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 22:38   #115
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
As much as i dislike all the shitty Forest inspired propaganda about Ult and App they do hold a large majority of the best and most active players.

For all our whining about CT/ND defence and the lazy raiding styles they have if the members have no desire to wake up and defend or actually put some thought into their attacks (or wake up to recall them!!) then you cant change that.

The only thing that is remotely doable is for a new alliance to start up and go round and scoop up every active player sitting in one of the other alliances... people who will defend every night, who will look after their ships and plan proper attacks. It would need a decent HC team, not one of what we have but someone with desire and knowledge to compete with the top 2 and the ability to resist the idea that 4 on 1 is good!!!

That could then end up an intresting 3 way... i beleive a genuine challenger to Ultores that doesnt go down the bashing route would probably have support from Apprime rather than resistance....
Fang has alot of good, active players. All respond to sms/calls to defend. But it doesnt make a difference when 4 allies gang bang 2nd place, there is no competition, this game is dead, and its due to Ultores, and all their incestuous relationships with DFWTK and Apprime. OH, and CT who just love to jump on any old block thats going, apparently they just cant help themselves.
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 22:54   #116
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Fang has alot of good, active players. All respond to sms/calls to defend. But it doesnt make a difference when 4 allies gang bang 2nd place, there is no competition, this game is dead, and its due to Ultores, and all their incestuous relationships with DFWTK and Apprime. OH, and CT who just love to jump on any old block thats going, apparently they just cant help themselves.
You are scottish, same as gm... USE THE HAGGIS

Unread 5 Nov 2012, 23:18   #117
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Thank you for the advice CBA, as ever, it is most appreciated.
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 23:33   #118
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar
Fang did the same thing to ultores in your first round back(5v1 or whatever it was), whenever that was, why would they treat you any different?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 23:43   #119
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Are you shitting me? I have had 2 of the high ranked CT deffers in my gal emoing today cos they got incs and instead of getting def nelito who has sent 1 def fleet this round jumped online and stole it all... why have some rigid points based system if ppl dont stick to it?
Bullshit Alert!!!

<nelito> i had been attaked 10 times since i joined ct
<nelito> never got one fleet in def
<nelito> not even 1

He didnt get def today. EOS
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)

Last edited by Membrivio; 5 Nov 2012 at 23:45. Reason: CT defence is not superb... so that's no bullshit!
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2012, 23:46   #120
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Fang did the same thing to ultores in your first round back(5v1 or whatever it was), whenever that was, why would they treat you any different?
Fang havent formed any block this round.

I know ultores are incapable of going from one round to the next without maintaining the same best buddies, but the fact they have to form a block to fight their main threat, just shows what a pathetic alliance they really are. I hope everyone can see Ults true colours now, yellow.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 01:21   #121
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Fang havent formed any block this round.

I know ultores are incapable of going from one round to the next without maintaining the same best buddies, but the fact they have to form a block to fight their main threat, just shows what a pathetic alliance they really are. I hope everyone can see Ults true colours now, yellow.
He is talking about Fang's first round back, in which you most certainly did form a block against Ultores. If you claim to be a different alliance, use a different name. If not then you're just as pathetic as you claim we are.

Also, in both of those rounds Fang worked with CT, proving your alliance incapable of going from one round to the next without maintaining the same best buddies, another thing you attribute to Ultores!

Why is it one rule for Fang, another for us?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 01:23   #122
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Making a block to try avoid a round to stagnate is not the same as making a try achieve early stagnation.
Its funny that Kaiba call this Forest inspired propaganda, he is just pointing out the truth.

Unread 6 Nov 2012, 01:25   #123
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
He is talking about Fang's first round back, in which you most certainly did form a block against Ultores. If you claim to be a different alliance, use a different name. If not then you're just as pathetic as you claim we are.

Also, in both of those rounds Fang worked with CT, proving your alliance incapable of going from one round to the next without maintaining the same best buddies, another thing you attribute to Ultores!

Are you talking about the round were xVx/Ultores went into the round allied, sitting in #1 and #2, rejecting to split up, leading the round to stagnate very early on?
I remeber there was a little discussion about this over here http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199669
Please enlight me Shev.

Unread 6 Nov 2012, 01:33   #124
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Are you talking about the round were xVx/Ultores went into the round allied, sitting in #1 and #2, rejecting to split up, leading the round to stagnate very early on?
I remeber there was a little discussion about this over here http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199669
Please enlight me Shev.
What does that have to do with Fang and their blocking in that and other rounds?

I don't care if they have blocked or do block, nor if we have or do, I think alliances and blocks are perfectly viable political tools - I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in saying only Ultores are bad for doing it.

(That thread makes for some hilarious reading)

Consider yourself enlightened.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 6 Nov 2012 at 01:43.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 08:05   #125
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:

Sexy pirates ring a bell? Also, its ultores politics that decide how the cookie crumbles ( the same way) every round...

Last edited by Connovar; 6 Nov 2012 at 08:10.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 08:27   #126
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Honestly, a 4-on-1 gangbang on the #2 alliance was lame last round, and is lame this round. Legit, yes. Acceptable, yes. Lame? Also yes.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 09:32   #127
Shev
So what?

Quote:
Sexy pirates ring a bell? Also, its ultores politics that decide how the cookie crumbles ( the same way) every round...
It wasn't Ultores who caused Fang and CT to abandon a winning position and hand the round to us in 46. Or at least, if it was, then everyone involved from those alliances must be frighteningly weak willed.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 10:40   #128
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
It wasn't Ultores who caused Fang and CT to abandon a winning position and hand the round to us in 46. Or at least, if it was, then everyone involved from those alliances must be frighteningly weak willed.
Im really sorry. BUT why, are you talking about round 46? You do know its round 49? Who cares about round 46? Not me!

Scuse my insolence, i forget we are all supposed to repeat the mistakes of previous rounds so Ultores continue to win, otherwise the world might implode and we will all die.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 10:49   #129
Mzyxptlk
mz.

His point is that in round 46, FANg gave the win to Ultores by some mechanism, so the statement that Ultores politics is the only thing that matters in PA is incorrect.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 11:00   #130
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
His point is that in round 46, FANg gave the win to Ultores by some mechanism, so the statement that Ultores politics is the only thing that matters in PA is incorrect.
Actually Fang didnt, but Im not getting involved in a history discussion either. Fang have avoided blocks this round, on purpose.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 11:10   #131
Shev
So what?

Quote:
Actually Fang didnt, but Im not getting involved in a history discussion either.
Quote:
Also, its ultores politics that decide how the cookie crumbles ( the same way) every round...
Quote:
I know ultores are incapable of going from one round to the next without maintaining the same best buddies
It was you who turned this into a historical discussion. That your politics this round are different is admirable, but you can't damn one group with history and not the other.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 11:17   #132
tobyy

tobyy is an unknown quantity at this point

ct and app are now allied

does that mean they will attack ult and go for win?
or
was it a move to secure ult the win and get them 2nd/3rd place?
tobyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 11:42   #133
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Actually Fang didnt, but Im not getting involved in a history discussion either. Fang have avoided blocks this round, on purpose.
While avoiding blocks, why were several alliances contacted by fang to create a block? They just denied you though, cause of your history i guess..

1. fang was trying to make a block before receiving any incs
which leads to:
2. for every action, there is a reaction
which leads to:
3. make your actions count
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 11:49   #134
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:

or
less incs

Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:01   #135
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
While avoiding blocks, why were several alliances contacted by fang to create a block? They just denied you though, cause of your history i guess..

1. fang was trying to make a block before receiving any incs
which leads to:
2. for every action, there is a reaction
which leads to:
3. make your actions count
Utter tripe.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:03   #136
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
It was you who turned this into a historical discussion. That your politics this round are different is admirable, but you can't damn one group with history and not the other.
No, actually, I was just expressing my dissapointment at the unflexiblishness of this game, and how history repeats itself, despite fangs best intentions to avoid the whole ground hog day repetition that is PA now.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:10   #137
Shev
So what?

Quote:
No, actually, I was just expressing my dissapointment at the unflexiblishness of this game, and how history repeats itself, despite fangs best intentions to avoid the whole ground hog day repetition that is PA now.
Hey folks, Fang are here to save PA, we can all breathe easy now.

Similar efforts in the past haven't worked, despite all the high minded statements from their instigators.

I think it was round 9.5 where almost the entire universe went in solo and remained broadly so for the round. It didn't stick back then and unfortunately for your sake, I doubt it will now.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:16   #138
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Fang are here to save PA everyone, we can all breathe easy now.
Never said anything like that. Think its beyond saving, with all the incest between Ult and Apprime, the two best alliances everever. Or are we actually allowed to just say they are the same alliance now? And dfwtk, just one big super alliance!

Any suggestions on a name? Ultappriwiththekings? Appwtktores..hmm. Ill have to think about this for a while, nothing is jumping out at me!

What does zwanstic call his bp? Maybe that will help...
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:40   #139
Shev
So what?

What about the first three rounds of Ultores existence where Apprime were at the head of most attempts to stop us winning? Or does your extremely short term memory not do anything beyond the last two rounds. This game has been going a long time, and will no doubt continue regardless of any individual or group alliance antics, no matter what doom is ordained by people like yourself.

Blocks have been "ruining" PA for a very long time, if you believe what you read. Another good example is the battlegroups who tried to break up the Ascendancy dominance (Round 31, I think). They were eventually killed off by - yep, you've guessed it, an alliance between the 1st and 2nd ranks. Planetarion continued despite this terrible blow.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 6 Nov 2012 at 12:46.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:48   #140
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

I didnt play then, played up to around round 10 or so, then came back round 44, then went and lived in the jungle in Mexico for rnd 47 and most of rnd 48!

Anywho. Im only dissapointed with Ultores ignoring our desire for a 1v1 and then finding a block to hit us, then failing, so adding more and more people to their block. I just hoped people would see how pathetic you guys really are, and your not the unbeatable boogymen, just cowards with lots of friends, and HC who like to sit in their fenced gals and spend a round with no incomings.

I think this game would be much better if political slates were wiped clean every round, honestly dont know why anyone bothers to play anymore
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:51   #141
Shev
So what?

I certainly wont argue with you about fence gals!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:55   #142
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Glad we can agree on something
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 12:59   #143
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:

or
Ultores, Apprime, CT and possibly other alliances are now attacking FaNG. It was a very late launch, so nothing is showing yet on the various sandmanses.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 13:13   #144
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What about the first two rounds of Ultores existence where Apprime were at the head of most attempts to stop us winning? Or does your extremely short term memory not do anything beyond the last two rounds.
improved for historical accuracy.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 13:16   #145
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

So I'm just gonna go a head and say it...

Early round in the upper command of fang a option was voiced to NAP Apprime early in the round and not necessarily work with them in an attacking sense but to avoid each other incs wise. This was ignored and in fact rubbished as a bad idea.

I point this out mostly because there are several fang members complaining on here that the game repeats itself. Let me briefly explain why.

If you send incs on alliance X and then start a war with alliance Y it is reasonable to expect incs from both of those parties. If you persist to roid alliance X's fort gals while a member of your HC team is trying to negotiate avoidance it is usual to expect incs from said alliance.

If CT and ND and whoever else hasn't napped ult to avoid incs hits them while you are hitting them then of course it is expected that alliances X and Y will suspect a block is forming and take measures to insure they are not bashed.

Clearly it is through the actions of Fang in the political space that has caused history to repeat itself. Also before the fang guys come back on here and say fang are neutral there is no block let me outline something. Fang may well be neutral and not involved in any block but by having the same goal as any block that may or may not be in existence it might well look like a block.

I think that in a one on one fight given the defence capabilities of fang there could have been somewhat of a good war. I don't believe they could have won but it would certainly been a different outcome than imaginary block vs imaginary block.

However, for whatever reason we have now ended up with apprime/ult/dwftk vs anyone else and a lot of other napped / friendly / flak / whatever else there is out there. Therefore we are in my opinion heading for a very similar conclusion the only chance now to change the outcome is if the ppl against app/ult want to win or at least have it so ult dont win again we need to work together to a common goal and dont let personal goals get in the way.
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 13:22   #146
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Anywho. Im only dissapointed with Ultores ignoring our desire for a 1v1 and then finding a block to hit us, then failing, so adding more and more people to their block. I just hoped people would see how pathetic you guys really are, and your not the unbeatable boogymen, just cowards with lots of friends, and HC who like to sit in their fenced gals and spend a round with no incomings.
a) if you truely wanted a 1v1 you shouldn't have hit Apprime when you did. (just because you are getting incs from someone in week 1 doesn't mean they are in a block against you, or that you have to retalliate by hitting them, you could just defend against them).
b) if you think there is such a thing as 1v1 in this game you aren't too bright. When ppl know an alliance is fighting and are likely to have incs they will jump on the bandwagon and try to get their piece too.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 14:47   #147
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Utter tripe.
Strong arguement, very proud of you.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 14:50   #148
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Early round in the upper command of fang a option was voiced to NAP Apprime early in the round and not necessarily work with them in an attacking sense but to avoid each other incs wise. This was ignored and in fact rubbished as a bad idea.
FAng did make an attempt to secure a NAP with Apprime, but it was refused. That same day they went around asking for help to hit Apprime (and were again refused).

Quote:
If you send incs on alliance X and then start a war with alliance Y it is reasonable to expect incs from both of those parties.
I didn't pay a lot of attention the first week of the round, but it is my understanding that Apprime hit faNg before fANg hit Apprime.

Quote:
If you persist to roid alliance X's fort gals while a member of your HC team is trying to negotiate avoidance it is usual to expect incs from said alliance.
"We'll attack you until you ally us" is a common (but stupid) strategy in PA.

Quote:
If CT and ND and whoever else hasn't napped ult to avoid incs hits them while you are hitting them then of course it is expected that alliances X and Y will suspect a block is forming and take measures to insure they are not bashed.
ND were at war with HR at some point. I'm not sure if that's still going on, but I think it's unlikely they've also been hitting Ultores. CT has been on friendly terms with Apprime, though as far as I know, no avoidance or NAP agreements were made until the public one, yesterday evening. I don't know where they've been hitting, but being friendly with Apprime and hostile to Ultores seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Quote:
Therefore we are in my opinion heading for a very similar conclusion the only chance now to change the outcome is if the ppl against app/ult want to win or at least have it so ult dont win again we need to work together to a common goal and dont let personal goals get in the way.
I think it's a bit early to congratulate Ultores on another win. It's tick 426. A lot can happen in the remaining 751 ticks.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 14:53   #149
Wouter

Quote:
I didnt play then, played up to around round 10 or so, then came back round 44, then went and lived in the jungle in Mexico for rnd 47 and most of rnd 48!

I think this game would be much better if political slates were wiped clean every round, honestly dont know why anyone bothers to play anymore
You just made yourself out to be the biggest moron yet, i even think betty boob and forest would agree that ult did remarkable things.

On the up side, you can always get educated by b b.
Unread 6 Nov 2012, 15:28   #150
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
HC who like to sit in their fenced gals and spend a round with no incomings.
Bit like irv does you mean??
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote