User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 31 Dec 2007, 20:39   #1
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Planetarion: Seven Years Later

I just realized it's been seven years since I first found this game, and started played. I was on Christmas break from school, and looking online for something to "kill some time".

If I only knew how much time it would end up killing

Though my activity has faded much over the past two years due to, essentially, living my dream life and working my dream job--in paradise no less--I still try to read the boards, chat on irc, and now play the ongoing speedgame when I have time.

Anyways, I just wanted to say 'thank you' to the PA community and all my friends in it, and to all the people who--for better or worse--still make it happen.

Dare I say, here's to another seven years

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2008, 02:53   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion: Seven Years Later

Been a ****ing long time since i was in ur gal yo, hope im not playing this game in 7 years time
Unread 1 Jan 2008, 16:18   #3
Kenny

I can't remember what the first round I played was. It was either late 2000 or early 2001. I didn't play it seriously, I wasn't on IRC ever and didn't have a fking scooby what an alliance was.

Nothing much has changed really!
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 10:37   #4
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

7 years, i remember the 5th year aniversary it doesnt seem that long ago though.

Hi Cochese .. MOOO!
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 11:21   #5
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

3 years I think. I'm pretty sure I found it during December whilst bored in 2004. Time flies.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 12:07   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How long since r1 ended?

I joined the last days of r1

Been too long, been a too big part of my life. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 17:43   #7
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

this thread just depresses me :/

should have retired 6 and a half year ago to never return. And if not at least after r3...
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 18:46   #8
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Holy crap 0_o 7 years? I joined in R3, so not quite as long, but dang, to realize thats how long it's been. lol. Who would have thought...

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:46   #9
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been retired since round 15 (started playing around 11) just come back now to see how it is all going.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 08:04   #10
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Left after round seven and came back last week.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:42   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Dare I say, here's to another seven years
That is indeed, very brave.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2008, 02:41   #12
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7n
I've been retired since round 15 (started playing around 11) just come back now to see how it is all going.
o/ Hows my favourite kid/nub doing? Grown old now? Hope you're doing good

Joined the game a few weeks into R2, man its long ago! Good to see that its still somewhat alive, I guesss I finally retired after round 23 or 24

Take care all

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 09:42   #13
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Who knows if planetarion will last another seven years, but in all honestly i didn't expect it to last this seven.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2008, 22:12   #14
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Hmm.. it has been 7 years. Wow..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 00:31   #15
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

it wil

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2008, 05:58   #16
MysticQue
Spy of the Spy

MysticQue is an unknown quantity at this point

i can't recall when i actually played. but it was 2-3 round before the p2p start.
that time i still remmeber the page was not so nice and we have turrets (PDS)
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 14:57   #17
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Personally I should have shot the guy who told me about pa... Someday in year 2000 I think it was, We where shopping with amon some normal computer games and this seller mentioned planetarion and gave me it's url... God help me when the modem bills came in after one hectic round to my parents when I played 16-18h per day for the duration of round... (The bill wasn't month one.. but according to time) Long round, not some 1month round. Propably round 4... was the day when that huge bill came, had better results with less time consumption in other rounds, but that bill was memorable.

Got loads of friends from planetarion and a network of online gamers with whom we always now and then group up and own in some game... We played lineage2, WoW, eve, ******** also, now waiting for age of conan.. to see how it goes.. and always someone is playing pa even if it's not even close to good as it was.

Not to mention pa teaches one good rule in gaming, be the one who affects decision.. no point joining groups unless you are one of the leaders or have some pull on leadership positioned player. Otherwise prepare for frustration to the max when there's a chance that unknown people do stupid stunts in leadership and it screws up all yer effort to that point in that game/round.

Not to mention old pa vet's.. are the most efficient machine still alive in online games.. never seen in any other game people putting so much effort and time to a game as in planetarion before pre-launch feature.

Heh... not to mention the evolving curve in pa.. MSN/ICQ => IRC => Private IRC servers => SMS tools for mobile users ("we got incoming"), and all the uber automated cheating, leadership and statistics tools in between what where ultimate piece work even if I loathed them to hell. HC's controlling whole fleets of their members by tools what used members own ip's if needed, proxy maskings.. anti-spy methods at their peaks. Personal guard galaxies/planets runned by programs... seriously those where the days when you could just be stunned when your learned what effort people put into the game to win themselfs or to make their alliance survive.

PA was it's own miniworld I gues.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so

Last edited by LordNieminen; 8 Mar 2008 at 15:32. Reason: Grammar
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 21:33   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen
PA was it's own miniworld I gues.
It still is that, although a bit more mini than it used to be. :P
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2008, 05:55   #19
Mobster Lobster
tides of fire

Mobster Lobster is an unknown quantity at this point

heyu, I'm knitting a yellow thang for easter and was wondering if anyone knew of a good yarn for nubs?
Mobster Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote