User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Nov 2007, 22:39   #1
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

Duncasaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow PA on Mobiles - Sony Ericsson K850i and Vodafone Live

Ok I used to have a sony ericsson K800i on O2 network, and I could access PA on it albeit very expensively.

I recently got a new phone (the K850i - new model of the K800i and K810i) on Vodafone and since when I try to log in to PA it won't let me citing a "possible cookie error"

I have options on my phone saying allow cookies, and I have been through every single option and security setting and ticked OK for them all and still no joy.

I was wondering if it was the Phone, or Vodafone live or the browser? Has Anyone had any luck with accessing PA using a
1) Sony-Ericsson K850i
2) Vodafone Live

Or both of the above??

The only other thing I can think of is downloading a new browser for my phone, which I'm not to sure would work, I know I can download Java Applications, but a Java based web browser anyone?

Thanks

BigD
Duncasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 22:41   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: PA on Mobiles - Sony Ericsson K850i and Vodafone Live

have you made sure the clock on it is accurate?
oh, and opera mini
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 22:42   #3
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Opera mini is worth to try. I use Nokia n73 and had some problems aswell when used the Nokia browser for PA. After getting opera mini it just works fine.
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 22:44   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Opera Mini is what you need and as Phil^ said make sure your time & date settings are correct :-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 23:10   #5
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

Time and date settings are correct, would it be any different if I have auto update off? e.g. so It doesn't try to correct time according to timezone/daylight saving hours etc?

I'll give opera mini a try thanks
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 23:19   #6
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

I have to say,

Opera Mini is the SHIZNIT

Thanks guys
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 23:30   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Another happy customer.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 23:31   #8
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncasaurus
Time and date settings are correct, would it be any different if I have auto update off? e.g. so It doesn't try to correct time according to timezone/daylight saving hours etc?

I'll give opera mini a try thanks
The time and date issue is so that the cookie doesn't break and prevent you from logging in.

From the sounds of it, if your T&D settings are correct it is most likely the browser.

Most browsers that come with phones tend not to be PA friendly.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 23:41   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

what I can advise is that t-mobile work a £1 per day web browsing on a handset... if you aquire a new sim put a £5 on it you get web access for 14 days (as you need to make a chargable call and they have a 10 day free internet trial in the UK )
you might need to get ya phone unlocked
Unread 21 Nov 2007, 22:37   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Symbian for your OS .. runs pa fine on my N95
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2007, 22:52   #11
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

It also works fine on iphone, tried it a few months ago.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 01:16   #12
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

I'm on Vodafone with unlimited free browsing after I was being a tight arse in phones 4 u and refused a deal till they added it on to my contract

One problem I have noticed with Opera Mini, I can log in fine, check overview, mail, news and production but no other links work?!?

I was originally using the text only skin and have tried others but to no avail, any thoughts anyone?

Cheers,
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 04:12   #13
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

text only really doesnt work very well at all on symbian either ..

i dont think its a skin thats very compatable with mobile os, though in theory it should be.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 04:54   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the research screen worked okay for me the one time i've tried to set a new research on a mobile
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote