User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 06:30   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
US Army world tour - new dates to be confirmed

Anyone surprised at this ?

apart from how long it took for Rumsfeld to find an excuse

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 06:45   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: US Army world tour - new dates to be confirmed

I wonder if they have 'Made in Iran' on them.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 09:09   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

why on earth would iran give iraq weapons? this is pretty poor even for them
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 09:42   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: US Army world tour - new dates to be confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
why on earth would iran give iraq weapons? this is pretty poor even for them
Really? This data point would seem to fit right on the curve with their other activities. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 09:55   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is the US army in any fit state to actually invade Iran? Even discounting the fact that they are much tougher invasion proposition than Iraq was (this is actually just a guess, so feel free to say im wrong ) the army is bogged down IN Iraq making invading ANYWHERE else very difficult.

Unless some miracle happens soon the only way the US would be ready would be by basically admitting defeat in Iraq and leaving the poor domestic forces to deal with the troubles there.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 10:05   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

and i thought this thread was about their nuclear program
no, i dont think they are in any state to invade iran. all they could possibly manage is a few air strikes and i doubt they would do that. the chinese would be pissed, the oil prices would rise even further and that wouldnt be very good for the economy.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 10:07   #7
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

Ahh so the weapons were in Iran all along, and then they moved them back into Iraq, but they were in Iraq before the war and they moved them to Iran at the start, so they are really.....

ummm did we find Osama yet?

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 10:10   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

If Iran was supplying arms to the Rebels/Insurgents its probably because they know there isn't a very high chance of them being invaded any time soon, or they wouldn't push their luck on the Nuclear issue at the same time, seeing how they invaded Iraq with far less evidence of a Nuclear programme. Thats how i see it (wrongly?).

It'd be 'interesting' if they did have the manpower to invade, tho. Attacking from both Afghanistan and Iraq would split the Iranian forces up, tho i don't know much about Iran's military strength, other than they used to have a load of old US stuff, so if someone more knowledgable could tell me what sort of a chance Iran would have, that'd be great.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 10:54   #9
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i dont think sanctions (at least un-sanctions) are very likely. the chinese are in desperate need for oil and they just made some big deal with Iran. They blocked sanctions against Sudan, which, at the time, was slaughtering its own population, so i doubt they worry too much about a few nukes in Iran as long as they get oil.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 11:07   #10
wu_trax

i have no doubt that they attempt to get nukes, but personally i couldnt care less. its the fault of the US really, today you need nukes, just to be sure you are not the next target of their crussade against terrorism or whatever.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 11:47   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I wonder if USA will also go to war against Russia.
I hear rumours that there might be AK-47s around Iraq somewhere....mere rumours of course.

because the ak-47 isn't the ingle most easily copied weapon in the world and isn't made in god knows how many different countries or anything
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:28   #12
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, it`s a bit rich Rumsfeld describing the Iranians as acting in an "unhelpful" manor. During the Iran-Iraq war, I seem to remember the Americans provided satelite photos and information to the Iraqs on Iran`s defences. This made the targeting of Iranian millitary assets by Iraqi artillery (very possibly involving chemical weapons) very effective; a fact that the Iranians have never forgot. Talk about being unhelpful.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 18:20   #13
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't know why the US, UK and Europe are so worried. The Israeli air force has probably only to work out what picture to paint on the side of the bombers post mission before their plan to bomb the reactor is complete

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 19:14   #14
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Iran does not want nukes in order to protect themselves from American agression.
Iran does not want nukes so that they can bomb Isreal.
Iran does not want nukes so that they can invade neighboring countries.
Iran wants nukes so that they can become the big kid on the mid-East block.
Iran would like to see Iraq fail to develope a genuinely strong central government which would rival them for leadership in their neck of the woods.

Oh, by the way, Iran attacked US territory when they seized the American Embassy and kidnapped American citizens and refused to release them for quite a little while. So, I am not buying the poor Iranians as victims bs.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 19:32   #15
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Oh, by the way, Iran attacked US territory when they seized the American Embassy and kidnapped American citizens and refused to release them for quite a little while. So, I am not buying the poor Iranians as victims bs.
Oh, by the way, if we start counting terrorist acts the US would clearly be their very own next target.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 22:45   #16
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Hehe.

Did you catch the CSI-episode he wrote by the way? I heard it was quite good.
It was amazing.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 23:13   #17
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Iran does not want nukes in order to protect themselves from American agression.
Iran does not want nukes so that they can bomb Isreal.
Iran does not want nukes so that they can invade neighboring countries.
Iran wants nukes so that they can become the big kid on the mid-East block.
Iran would like to see Iraq fail to develope a genuinely strong central government which would rival them for leadership in their neck of the woods.

nn all. I have work tomorrow.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 01:46   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
It was amazing.
it really was. the highlight was the autopsy dream sequence.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 08:25   #19
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
But the US is the big kid on the block, so much bigger than everyone else.
It's interesting you used that phrase.

The US has been behaving like a big kid since 9/11. Striking out everywhere without thinking and creating new enemies where there were none before. If the UK had acted in the same fashion when the various irish terrorist groups (I believe that americans call them freedom fighters) were busy blowing up London and Manchester then Belfast would have been carpet bombed years ago.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 08:27   #20
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

ta for the neg rep whoever it was

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:17   #21
wu_trax

i got negreped yesterday for this http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...69#post2820269 !!! its from january, i guess someone was really bored
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 14:57   #22
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I say shoot all middle easterns* and the U.S. doesn't have to go on tour anymore.

*including Leshy
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 00:45   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Does it really matter? We aren't talking about people that are able to think logically and rationally. We are dealing with war-mongering, rabid, right-wing people looking for a fight.
This is like that big bully at your grade school, who would pummel you for looking at him funnily.*

its the difference between invading a country because you want its oil and you can use chemical weapons as a convenient excuse and invading one of the countries with teh most nuclear weapons in the world for no good reason as everyone and their dog knows that there are a good 30 countries at least turning out ak copies

please, argue when you have something approaching an opinion that wont just get you ridiculed
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 04:51   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
But the US is the big kid on the block, so much bigger than everyone else.
Different leagues. Iran does not want to be the biggest kid in the world, they want to be the biggest kid in their neighborhood.

Quote:
If we are using the taking of the US embassy as an excuse for all this then perhaps we should cast our minds back to the imposition of the Shah on the Iranian people, not really comparable are they.
No one said it was an "excuse" for anything. I was pointing out that the Iranians struck first before we started backing Iraq against them. 
Quote:
Certainly its simply a logical assumption that more sabre rattling by the US and Israel only increases the likelyhood of Iran wanting nukes in order to defend itself from an openly hostile foreign power. What country backs down in the face of a security threat and agrees to do as their told? That's the point of the all the grandstanding by the US, to make Iran do something stupid so that they can have an excuse to take further action.
Grandstanding may be coming but "unhelpful" is pretty tepid language for grandstanding. 
Quote:
This is not to say that the Iranian government are the last bastions of freedom or that Iran is a paradise
good, you got one right.  [quote]simply that the US has no right to go stomping around that region throwing threats around.[/quote ]When did rights ever have anything to do with foreign policy? 
Quote:
Iran wouldn't even bother with nukes if it weren't for this threat.
Surely you can't be this naive?

Quote:
One of the only fair things in such a discussion is to apply to our selves the same standards we apply to others, to fail to do this is the very definition of hypocracy. Why does the US have nukes? Should the UN be allowed to investigate US military installations? What about Israel? What about the UK?
Power is not about being fair. All foreign policy is ultimately unfair and hypocritical. To fail to recognize this is unfair and hypocritical. 

Quote:
Before we accuse others of wanting to be the big kid we should perhaps look no further than the vast power that the US wields throughout the globe, power which has hardly been a force for good.
Which country has ever been a force for good by everyone else's standards? Why expect it? We are are a force for our good or at least think we are.

Quote:
I think DDA that you should also ask yourself if the US has done ANYTHING to reduce terror or WMD in the world? That's not a biased statement, its simply a question.
Time frame please.
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 08:35   #25
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
We are are a force for our good or at least think we are. .
I think that sums up the problem with US foreign policy.

What's good for the US is usually a disaster for everyone else concerned, including their allies..

Yes, I know he is dead !