User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Jul 2004, 07:13   #51
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Re: So now 1up are a little bit pwned....

1up's been hitting high profile planets/gals from the start. In effect, having better XP ( see Jester's valid suggestion in Suggestion Forum) - The reason why LCH will have a hard time claiming #1.

They have rely on praying day in day out that mistu hits 1up effectively for them to win their score race against 1up.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 08:30   #52
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

both 1up and lch are in a very high position still. In reality a second block to hammer them down is needed to enable the midsized alliances more say in the actual way the game will be decided.

1up and LCH need around 20k less roids each if the field is to be levelled. I say come on WP and ND do something for the middle sized guys and take em down
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 09:09   #53
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Rumad doesnt a 2nd block require a 1st one first?
And even you would realise that by this move you force top2 or top3 to ally up and fight this new block. Who would win this....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 09:43   #54
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikay

Basically 1up have been a little bit arrogant and manipulative and well - not gained a lot of fans looking at the posts. Somebody has to win and I'm sure many people don't care much who it is as long as it's not 1up. Maybe sad but its human nature.
Bingo.......

And somebody was talking about targetting LCH as soon as the roidcount was the same as 1up... Well ofcourse you don't do that, you got 1Up on there knees now, they have to much incoming and can't hold it anymore(Not because 1up is a bad allie or something like that, just because they are targetted by everyone) so you now roid them silly. It's prolly the easiest target with loads of roids, so you drain them a bit more. As soon as they become unjuicy, they become less targetted, they have less incoming and they can defend themself properly again. Then it's prolly time to move on to the next fish.... LCH.....

It might not be the smartest thing to do.. But it's how it will be.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:18   #55
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Rumad doesnt a 2nd block require a 1st one first?
And even you would realise that by this move you force top2 or top3 to ally up and fight this new block. Who would win this....
Are you really thick or are you just playing dumb?

If or if not there is a co opration to pull one up back is irrelevent. The fact is they NEED pulling back as do LCH,

Now if or if not the co-op exists threis a need for a secondary group to act in a similar fashion to ensure that oe alliance does not pull aay excessively.

It is my opinion that 1up still have too many roids and need pressing a little more, likewise I se the need fr LCH to also being squeezed. Ideally this would lead to a second informal co-op to press LCH as well and level out the universe.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:31   #56
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Are you really thick or are you just playing dumb?

If or if not there is a co opration to pull one up back is irrelevent. The fact is they NEED pulling back as do LCH,

Now if or if not the co-op exists threis a need for a secondary group to act in a similar fashion to ensure that oe alliance does not pull aay excessively.

It is my opinion that 1up still have too many roids and need pressing a little more, likewise I se the need fr LCH to also being squeezed. Ideally this would lead to a second informal co-op to press LCH as well and level out the universe.
Comedy gold, Rumad calling someone else thick or dumb. HAHAHAHAHA

On a more serious note it doesnt need blocks atm, the 10-15k difference is nothing huge and there is still plenty of time. The more important question is, do you really think 1up and LCH would just accept their fate in the case you are advocating ? Back we go to blockwars
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:43   #57
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
The more important question is, do you really think 1up and LCH would just accept their fate in the case you are advocating ? Back we go to blockwars
I don't really care if unlike numerous other rounds we have a more level playing field
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:20   #58
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I don't really care
Since youre not playing this is quiet understandable.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:40   #59
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
[...]
On a more serious note it doesnt need blocks atm, the 10-15k difference is nothing huge and there is still plenty of time. The more important question is, do you really think 1up and LCH would just accept their fate in the case you are advocating ? Back we go to blockwars
I remember having read a post by you where you stated that the round is almost half-through (before anybody tries to say it almost is, the post is from quite some time ago) and it is decided not in the last week. In your defence I simply assume you learned from your past mistake or simply learned the science of primary school mathematics.

Your more important question leads to the really important question: why should LCH go and - as you try to subliminally state - cooperate with 1up?
The answer to that question would be pretty simple: LCH would ally with 1up if they'd think they could beat 1up on their own (not taking into consideration possible partners later on - just because it equals back to this situation). Evaluating this more does simply mean "try to estimate 1up's power" - which has been pretty impressive. I simply assume right now that they were benefitting from lesser hostiles so far as they haven't whined as much as 1up has. Considering this it only allows one conclusion: 1up is a damn strong alliance which it is hard to compete with and thus the wiser leader would simply try to avoid such a situation (and a wiser universe maybe as well).

That is actually one of the main reasons why top alliances should be levelled back to the other alliances one-by-one, just to prevent such a situation.

Because then, and I agree on that one , we have block-wars again. And most likely a pretty fast decided one, thus stagnation for most of the universe and a fight between two parties in the end.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:56   #60
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methedrine
I remember having read a post by you where you stated that the round is almost half-through (before anybody tries to say it almost is, the post is from quite some time ago) and it is decided not in the last week. In your defence I simply assume you learned from your past mistake or simply learned the science of primary school mathematics.
A round beeing half over (atleast the interesting part) and still plenty time to catch up with good attacking is 2 different pair of shoes. The last week in general does not bear many changes in a block round, since we didnt have any random ffa rounds its hard to comment on any possible outcome

Quote:
Your more important question leads to the really important question: why should LCH go and - as you try to subliminally state - cooperate with 1up?
The answer to that question would be pretty simple: LCH would ally with 1up if they'd think they could beat 1up on their own (not taking into consideration possible partners later on - just because it equals back to this situation). Evaluating this more does simply mean "try to estimate 1up's power" - which has been pretty impressive. I simply assume right now that they were benefitting from lesser hostiles so far as they haven't whined as much as 1up has. Considering this it only allows one conclusion: 1up is a damn strong alliance which it is hard to compete with and thus the wiser leader would simply try to avoid such a situation (and a wiser universe maybe as well).

That is actually one of the main reasons why top alliances should be levelled back to the other alliances one-by-one, just to prevent such a situation.

Because then, and I agree on that one , we have block-wars again. And most likely a pretty fast decided one, thus stagnation for most of the universe and a fight between two parties in the end.
The question i raised is that surely 1up and LCH no matter of with each other would not just roll over and die but find partners themself to prevent getting "bashed down" again.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:10   #61
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A round beeing half over (atleast the interesting part) and still plenty time to catch up with good attacking is 2 different pair of shoes. The last week in general does not bear many changes in a block round, since we didnt have any random ffa rounds its hard to comment on any possible outcome
A round has roughly 2000 ticks - why try to have it being over (i.e. no more interesting) before that point? I'd say let's wait what the outcome of this round will be in a relaxed way, it's a game and winning is only a secondary target - unless you want to kill the fun for most parts of the round for a majority of players that is. Take a sunlounger at my pool in spain and watch the round passing by before we judge too fast about its outcome.

Quote:
The question i raised is that surely 1up and LCH no matter of with each other would not just roll over and die but find partners themself to prevent getting "bashed down" again.
With your previous statement being more precise now, I can only agree with it. Still leaves a few questions open like "why would other alliances want to cooperate with LCH or 1up?", though.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:40   #62
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methedrine
A round has roughly 2000 ticks - why try to have it being over (i.e. no more interesting) before that point? I'd say let's wait what the outcome of this round will be in a relaxed way, it's a game and winning is only a secondary target - unless you want to kill the fun for most parts of the round for a majority of players that is. Take a sunlounger at my pool in spain and watch the round passing by before we judge too fast about its outcome.
Indeed that shall be done.

Quote:
With your previous statement being more precise now, I can only agree with it. Still leaves a few questions open like "why would other alliances want to cooperate with LCH or 1up?", though.
Simple, there is always ppl who act out of hate (damn those nasty mistu, fang, nd, vsn etc etc) or personal greed, joining the winning team can help you climb in ranks, maybe bring your own alliance on #3 position, something which might not be in range without such a support. Not to mention a strong feeling for fairness "lets help those dudes under fire".Or last but not least friendships in the command, helping out m8s is always an option
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 14:18   #63
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Since youre not playing this is quiet understandable.
I have an account

Just no alliance
Proud to be Independent
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 06:27   #64
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Yeah, I think two alliances are probably enough to be a round-winning block these days, so long as they don't get too heavily targetted.
Round 3, Fury/Legion. Not exactly only "these days"...
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 06:34   #65
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
Round 3, Fury/Legion. Not exactly only "these days"...
You forgot RB. And the fact that there was no credible opposition. Almost every round since r3 has featured blocks of some kind, but generally no block of less than 4 alliances won. However, the diminishing player base and disappearance of some of the older alliances has led to a situation where alliances would now require fewer partners than in, say, r5, r7 or r9.

I wasn't implying that 2-alliance blocks had never been enough to win, merely that almost every recent round has required more than 2.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 23:47   #66
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
You forgot RB.
I did indeed, quite deliberately, though. RB were eaten alive mid-round, if my memory doesn't entirely fail me these days...
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:52   #67
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Maybe we were, but not before we helped legion/fury to a very good position, and only because of the cheating scandel
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:49   #68
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

but but.. in round 1..
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:11   #69
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Maybe we were, but not before we helped legion/fury to a very good position, and only because of the cheating scandel
Are U suggestion that if you guys werent closed you could have taken up agains fury/vts?
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:18   #70
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Are U suggestion that if you guys werent closed you could have taken up agains fury/vts?

Of course, VtS were rubbish and we could of taken em down at any time, and Fury always were our bitches.
/me hides his planet behind the sofa out of Sids reach

Seriously though, there was talk of either a full strength RB + a lot of other alliances V Fury/Legion, (in an effirt to make the game fun, our HC wree discussing it), OR a Fury/RB V Legion war (which was looking extremely likely at the time.

We never could of won against Fury/Legion, even full strength, and having Section deleted made us easy targets for all.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote