User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 08:07   #351
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Sitting here watching 1up and lch about to nab 4k+ roids from mistu. Probably just a coincidence that they launched together though.
Stop for a moment and ask yourself if that would really be that farfetched. Launch times have coincided before in this round, I've heard about days where all the top alliances launched at the same time. And both 1up and LCH need to get their roids from either VsN, mistu or ND. 1up are targetting mistu for obvious reasons. I've heard LCH are somewhat friendly* toward VsN, so the logical choice after hitting ND for about a week is to go for mistu.

* Not cooperating, not NAPed, not allied, just friendly.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 09:05   #352
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikay
Good. Say tick 1500, that's 2/3 of the way through the round we'll have a look whats happening and if it's stagnation caused by blocking well you're probably right.... And if the battle still rages and the winner hasn't been decided then it would appear I'm right. Can't wait.
are you daft ?
You ask me if i think if blocking would stagnate the round more. I answer: YES.
How do you come to the conclusion that if there is no block and no stagnation you are right ?
I mean thats the result if there is no block. Your only possible conclusion would be "i wait till tick 1500 if blocks form now and i will see if the the round is stagnant with blocks" any other conclusion has nothing to do with your question.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:26   #353
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Even with all this x hitting y, a hitting b, there are definitely some A grade fencesitters this round (heh)
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:26   #354
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

so tell me what is this coordinated attack with #1 and #2 alliance, it seems you 2 are blocking since start of round id like to have an explanaiton why theres a coordinated attack between down1 and lch if theres no blocking ........ oh and i got proof .

edit : you fkers so fking lie it makes me sick, go to your little hole crawl back in there and dont come out for the rest of the round with any of your little propaganda.

Last edited by §pa¢e¢ook¦e; 12 Jul 2004 at 11:33.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:31   #355
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by §pa¢e¢ook¦e
so tell me what is this coordinated attack with #1 and #2 alliance, it seems you 2 are blocking since start of round id like to have an explanaiton why theres a coordinated attack between down1 and lch if theres no blocking ........ oh and i got proof .
Then please please please come PM me on irc - this I have got to see.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:34   #356
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
a coordinated attack by 1up and lch on who ? 1up? Since those are atm the only ones losing roids ?
P.S. why would 1up help lch to pull away further by supporting them, ever thought about that ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:44   #357
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

edit : you fkers so fking lie it makes me sick, go to your little hole crawl back in there and dont come out for the rest of the round with any of your little propaganda.
Came to pm me and told me that he was going to show the evidence when "the time was right". I'm guessing that means when he actually ahs some.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:54   #358
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Problem is, you are replacing one evil with another. 1up may be #1 right now, but compare our ratio to that of other alliances. It's not so clearcut.

He doesn't need to offer any evidence - it's extremely easy for anyone with a brain to figure out. The ones who 'spin' are those which were involved in the first place (And I do not refer to KJ)

[...]

Considering 1up has no NAPs nor alliances with any other alliance, I don't see the supreme politics that Sid is quite renowned for. I know 1up could win this round if we chose the political route early on, but that wasn't the intent for so many ppl to return. I don't see 1up blocking, do you?

[...]
I do very much agree that targetting only 1up right now is not really 'fair' since LCH has more asteroids and gains more ressources. However, given that LCH simply plays the game while 1up people like you think they would need to force people to share their opinion without giving any real backup for their claims (in fact you and your alliance people used to flame people to hell for having a different opinion) offer more potential aggression and hatred towards the alliance 1up - even if you or any other 1up member does not speak in it's name, their behaviour is reflecting on the alliance.

Also it doesn't only come down to ratios when you go for hitting people, it also gets to the fleets people built up, the price per roid you pay and in the end maybe even the "let's level the universe" mentality of quite a few alliances which started solo.

Actually Sid does need evidence like any other person if he wants to prove something. Take the average observer like me who has absolutely no idea which coordinates belong to which alliance nor who hits where - all I see is the daily statistics on the toolkit pages, and judging by those 1up and LCH should face quite some incoming soonish, just to keep the race for the #1 spot interesting. Additionally the smarter kind of people, and I assume you belong to them judging by your postings, will recognize that there is not a lot of potential for a single individual alliance to cause serious damage to either 1up or LCH.

Again, you claim 1up has no naps nor alliances (whether it is true or not will most likely be known to a very few people only) and request other people to trust that statement while you and your CEO demand at the same that people do not believe other alliances. The argument "Kjeldoran said this and that" doesn't work anymore since Kjeldoran himself stated Sid didn't give all information which lets the intellectually more gifted easily conclude that Sid didn't speak the full truth - in the end this simply damages your alliance's and/or CEO's reputation.

If 1up would start providing backup for claims and not simply tries to achieve goals by cheap and easy to relativate propaganda (even the old roman historian Tacitus was better at it and his documents combined with other historical sources from that time are also an interesting read, if you want to learn a bit more on how to manipulate public opinion), then even the public opinion is more likely to believe you. Elitist behaviour doesn't convince someone, trying to be avantgarde actually only boils it down to something that was stated in this thread already: Do we believe Sid or not?

I hope a lecture was learned by the hard way (i.e. this thread).

Regards,
Methedrine

PS Since it's obviously not topic of this thread anymore to evaluate the question of whether the accused block has formed, and if so to which extend, a moderator might consider closing this thread, as it looks like 1up isn't willed to provide information for their claims. For a more general discussion there should be created a thread.

[EDIT]: changed "moderator might consider this thread" to "moderator might consider closing this thread"

Last edited by Methedrine; 12 Jul 2004 at 12:06.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:57   #359
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Came to pm me and told me that he was going to show the evidence when "the time was right". I'm guessing that means when he actually ahs some.
it means that im not going to make it easy on you figuring out what my exact coords are, but the coordinated attack on my gal with lch and 1up coords plz do explain more precisely, and tell me it was all an coincedence ;p its not that im really roidfat
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:02   #360
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
it means that im not going to make it easy on you figuring out what my exact coords are, but the coordinated attack on my gal with lch and 1up coords plz do explain more precisely, and tell me it was all an coincedence ;p its not that im really roidfat
Of course it's a coincidence. Simply because 2 alliances attack one galaxy means they are in cahoots?

If thats the case then:

ND are allied with Vsn
FAnG are allied with ROCK
Mistu are allied with LCH
and
WP are allied with NoS.

Alternatively those attacks on my gal may quite well have been coincidence too which is exactly they way I'm going to treat them rather than running to the boards blubbing about my uber intel. I think I might put it down to random occurances rather than screamin agreements between these alliances.

And what on earth makes you think I place any importance whatsoever on working out your coords other than to assign the moron tag to it in the arb?

Quote:

Last edited by mazzelaar; 12 Jul 2004 at 13:21. Reason: To avoid further confusion
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:07   #361
Rimmerz
true seasider

Rimmerz is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=mazzelaar]
If thats the case then:

ND are allied with Vsn
FAnG are allied with ROCK
Mistu are allied with LCH
and
WP are allied with NoS.

QUOTE]

ok - try news scanning a few ppl

it's more likely that Vsn are at WAR with ND than allied
MISTU have had like 30+ incomings off LCH of the last 2 nights (so good allies there)
WP/NoS - who knows
FAnG/ROCK - same again

Last edited by Rimmerz; 12 Jul 2004 at 13:14.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:14   #362
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmerz
ok - try news scanning a few ppl

it's more likely that Vsn are at WAR with ND than allied
MISTU have had like 30+ incomings off LCH of the last 2 nights (so good allies there)
WP/NoS - who knows
FAnG/ROCK - same again
Ok

First of all - beautiful use of the quote tag.
Secondly - well done on missing the tongue in cheek content of my post. I was having a bit of a dig at spacecookie.

Quote:
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:16   #363
Rimmerz
true seasider

Rimmerz is an unknown quantity at this point

shows how often i use AD eh :P

guess i'll leave it to the regular board trolls (Hi Sid, Kj, Zhil etc)

btw - this thread is getting very boring now
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 14:51   #364
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmerz
shows how often i use AD eh :P

guess i'll leave it to the regular board trolls (Hi Sid, Kj, Zhil etc)

btw - this thread is getting very boring now
it idd states how often you use the boards, though when you do, you seem to fit right in with the rest of pple without a clue ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:38   #365
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
it idd states how often you use the boards, though when you do, you seem to fit right in with the rest of pple without a clue ...
and so do you KJ ......
btw mazzalaar shows how pathetic this thread is and all the other threads about cooperation between any alliance made by ...... if you guessed right your a winner
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:59   #366
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Closed Thread