User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 09:12   #301
WiD

WiD is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

still crying about blocks? sigh
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 09:30   #302
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiD
still crying about blocks? sigh
The loss of #1 alliance in universe was inevitable, they are just trying to make them all out to look like the bad guys.
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 11:50   #303
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
KJ it makes alot of sense really you like the attention you get from it & like what about last round when you tried to urge on Mistu & FAnG to attack phraktos.
You my friend have a ego the size of yeh's & that is saying something
First of all, stop lying about last round. It's no secret I hated phraktos but ask mistu HC's, I didn't push them into a fight with phraktos. I figured you'd be smart enough to realize that ....

And tbh, when I pm'd sid to talk about certain things, I didn't expect 1up PR squad and the rest of AD to make such a fking big deal out of this. If you JUST read what me and sid wrote, then any person with a functioning brain knows the facts (or most). Yet that is not enough for you pple, you all need to create your own little version of it.

That's why I decided to leave it as it is and not giving you the pleasure of explaining it further. I've talked to a few pple in pm who asked me, instead of whining on AD about it. They received more info cause I know they won't use it to troll on AD.

And what got my ego to do with any of this? I'm well aware it's big compared to the avg player or HC. I wouldn't call it a bad thing though, I'd call it self-confident in everything you do.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 14:12   #304
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
First of all, stop lying about last round. It's no secret I hated phraktos but ask mistu HC's, I didn't push them into a fight with phraktos. I figured you'd be smart enough to realize that ....

And tbh, when I pm'd sid to talk about certain things, I didn't expect 1up PR squad and the rest of AD to make such a fking big deal out of this. If you JUST read what me and sid wrote, then any person with a functioning brain knows the facts (or most). Yet that is not enough for you pple, you all need to create your own little version of it.

That's why I decided to leave it as it is and not giving you the pleasure of explaining it further. I've talked to a few pple in pm who asked me, instead of whining on AD about it. They received more info cause I know they won't use it to troll on AD.

And what got my ego to do with any of this? I'm well aware it's big compared to the avg player or HC. I wouldn't call it a bad thing though, I'd call it self-confident in everything you do.
I was WP last round remember & you had WP in your gal so isn't that funny how you said you wanted to go to war with them & what have you so you so sure you want to stick to that story stiill about not pushing for a war with phraktos then?
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 14:33   #305
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Mister TomKat.

How 1337, arrogant and ellitist you are in terms of your discrimination towards the skills of other players not in your genre or level.

Considering you only got more or less 400 roids and 700k score. You're one of the liabilities in 1up score then - you have 300k+ to catch up. I highly suggest, work on your planet. There are lots of Rock/ND/Wolfpack players higher than your roid count and score (rock's average is higher than you).

Look in the mirror. You dont know what you're talkin' about.
you make me sad furs :/

i bet you know that you now really talked bullshit, why your doing that ? personal grudges shouldt interest you.

score hanst much to do with skill and so on....its only one factor....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 15:27   #306
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Legs, i know. I dont have grudge with him, dont even know him - Youre wrong about the personal interest you're saying. Simple point behind my quote is: n00bs like me shouldn't be discrimated like that - which he just did, nothing more. Hence, I point your reply against him, instead of mine.
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 15:39   #307
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Mister TomKat.

How 1337, arrogant and ellitist you are in terms of your discrimination towards the skills of other players not in your genre or level.

Considering you only got more or less 400 roids and 700k score. You're one of the liabilities in 1up score then - you have 300k+ to catch up. I highly suggest, work on your planet. There are lots of Rock/ND/Wolfpack players higher than your roid count and score (rock's average is higher than you).

Look in the mirror. You dont know what you're talkin' about.

I have been given other things to worry about recently, than PA.
Getting 2 letters from separate banks threatening you and telling you to cut up your credit cards, and post them to them was a little worrying. So I have had to come home from uni, and work my arse off to pay off the debts in the short space of time I've been given.

That's my defence.

And it's 200 roids, ~1mil score. Get it right, Mr.Intel.
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 18:12   #308
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I formed a block, would anyone else like to block with me?
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 18:26   #309
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

Sid grow up.

1st off - was it better without blocks? Better for you cos you were winnig. Better for anyone else whe still get beat to oblivion NO. Make block and hey the beaten up ppl now have a litle chance to play the round a bit longer.

You started blocks - you're the granddaddy of blocking so stop crying. trying to do a blockfre round was just a scam anyway, it wasn't for any other reason than to help you win.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 19:12   #310
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

How would none-blocking help the "granddaddy of blocking" to win? The logic of some ppl.....
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 19:18   #311
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
How would none-blocking help the "granddaddy of blocking" to win? The logic of some ppl.....
Because man for man, 1up are a better alliance than anyone else. Hence, 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 etc, they will win. Like LDK in 9.5
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 19:30   #312
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikay
Sid grow up.

1st off - was it better without blocks? Better for you cos you were winnig. Better for anyone else whe still get beat to oblivion NO. Make block and hey the beaten up ppl now have a litle chance to play the round a bit longer.
you will always whine. What should the other players do? Stop playing so only your alliance can play? I mean seriously a round without blocks levels the playfield far more since it moves the point of stagnation further into the future and prevents solo alliances to fight against impossible odds. If you are now (in a completely solo round) walked over its noone's fault but your own. So just face it, you suck. This might be harsh but for the rest of the universe which doesnt "suck" there is quiet a difference, compare this round to the last one and even you will find the difference.

Quote:
You started blocks - you're the granddaddy of blocking so stop crying. trying to do a blockfre round was just a scam anyway, it wasn't for any other reason than to help you win.
Did you miss a few rounds ? R3 was barely a blocking round, since only 3 alliances cooperated, out of 400. R4 blocking appeared from all sides, due to a fear of a repeated r3 scenario. How there is sid to blame for that is beyond me, it takes mroe than 1 person to block sherlock. On a sidenote mr smart, when was the last round sid blocked ? r6 ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 19:32   #313
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Sid grow up.

I freely admit my bias as a 1up member, but I think you're wrong. The non-block aspect of the round has made the game much more enjoyable. The whole discussion here is against the background of a leading alliance being pegged back by the others, some acting in coordination and others acting independently. In a block round, that would never have happened - had blocks existed, 1up would have been shielded from at least some of its incoming due to NAPs/alliances - of which we had none.

The politics are also more fluid, alliances are able to change their targetting strategy on a nightly basis rather than having to go back to the same galaxies night after night until one side can't take any more and starts to lose activity.

I'm surprised at how many people have turned against the idea of non-blocking, considering that the idea of a round without blocks was regarded as a highly enviable prospect for many. We have been talking about it for a long time, and it hasn't truly happened until now. I don't think 1up deserve any special credit for that, because it has required agreement from everyone, but it has made this round much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. Let's face it, at this stage we have no idea who the final winner will be. That contrasts greatly with a block round, in which there are really only two contenders, and once one gains the upper hand it is impossible for the other to recover.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 19:33   #314
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Because man for man, 1up are a better alliance than anyone else. Hence, 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 etc, they will win. Like LDK in 9.5
Only differnce LDK was "family" vs 1 better than any alliance playing

Dont forget the twinbrothers planets and mom helping out in defence
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 21:31   #315
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
On a sidenote mr smart, when was the last round sid blocked ? r6 ?
rd8 Fury/FAnG/adelante...

im sure u remember rd7 too
Ultores
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 22:02   #316
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sid grow up.
If you refer to "grow up" in a way of "think before acting" and purely based upon this thread, I totally agree. If not, I totally disagree.

Quote:
As a reply, I'd like to quote Razorback who drew some very true conclusions:
Quote:
I mean seriously a round without blocks levels the playfield far more since it moves the point of stagnation further into the future and prevents solo alliances to fight against impossible odds. If you are now (in a completely solo round) walked over its noone's fault but your own. So just face it, you suck.
There are a million ways for alliance leaders to ensure their alliance can survive and fight in a free for all as we face it at the moment.
Just as a short summary of what it takes to ensure good survival:
- ensure team-work in your alliance
- be kind to your opponents
- don't claim stuff you cannot claim and admit your mistakes (basically ensure that your team or alliance has the material it takes to reach a top spot in a free-for-all round, which means knowledge of the game and it's strategies etc.)
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 22:02   #317
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
On a sidenote mr smart, when was the last round sid blocked ? r6 ?

for a second there i thought he called him mr. smartypants. i think my gradmas terminology didnt die with her but reincarnated itself in fochts ad propaganda writings.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 00:42   #318
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
rd8 Fury/FAnG/adelante...

im sure u remember rd7 too
Your memory seems abit bad so i will help you, r7 sid didnt play and r8 Fury started solo and only joined the Fang-ToT block after their former triad partner Adelante broke apart. This was quiet late in the round and already after the Fang bg closure incident and LDK having the topspot. The existing block approached Fury and not vice versa, so i doubt the term "father of blocking" would fit if you join an existing block anyways.

You shouldnt try to remember ppl about things you dont have any ideas about.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 00:44   #319
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
for a second there i thought he called him mr. smartypants. i think my gradmas terminology didnt die with her but reincarnated itself in fochts ad propaganda writings.
your grandma must have been a wise woman
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 00:52   #320
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Did you miss a few rounds ? R3 was barely a blocking round, since only 3 alliances cooperated, out of 400. R4 blocking appeared from all sides, due to a fear of a repeated r3 scenario. How there is sid to blame for that is beyond me, it takes mroe than 1 person to block sherlock. On a sidenote mr smart, when was the last round sid blocked ? r6 ?
the r3 block was wholly and totally unreasonable. 2 of 3 of the good alliances in the game and RB (who's core was cheating) were blocked, so eternals got swiftly wtfpwned, while the rest of alliances who were learning their trade were left behind.

r4 only resulted because of Legion's attitude towards Fury as found out by Sid when reading the Legion HC boards. There was no 'fear' about it - It's just the way things panned out. Even though r4 fury lost, it made them a hell of a lot stronger.

The original blockers are arguably bluetuba r2 under the old HC, Fury just carried that on and used it successfully as opposed to the disaster that befell them

Last edited by lokken; 11 Jul 2004 at 01:07.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 02:04   #321
WiD

WiD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Only differnce LDK was "family" vs 1 better than any alliance playing

Dont forget the twinbrothers planets and mom helping out in defence
lmfao funiest thing iv heard in my life and true aswell

ldk with there surprisinly large hillbilly families with 12 kids who all appeared to play planetarion!! nice

round 9.5 - 10.5 : missed cos i had kids (yes that requires sex)

Round 11 : GUESS WHOS BACK!

/me passes a hankerchief to Sid

Last edited by WiD; 11 Jul 2004 at 02:10.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 07:08   #322
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
and RB (who's core was cheating)

Correction, the core alliance wasnt cheating, it was a wing who worked totally independently.

(as well u know)

p.s lua lua/fuller/unsworth wooot wooot
9And crouch for the scummers, BRING THE LANKY GIT ON!!!)
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 07:55   #323
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

mmmm

not too sure about splashing the cash for Fuller though
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 09:23   #324
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

its this whole r4 bla bla r7 bla bla grudge attitude that people should get rid off
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 09:36   #325
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
the r3 block was wholly and totally unreasonable. 2 of 3 of the good alliances in the game and RB (who's core was cheating) were blocked, so eternals got swiftly wtfpwned, while the rest of alliances who were learning their trade were left behind.

r4 only resulted because of Legion's attitude towards Fury as found out by Sid when reading the Legion HC boards. There was no 'fear' about it - It's just the way things panned out. Even though r4 fury lost, it made them a hell of a lot stronger.

The original blockers are arguably bluetuba r2 under the old HC, Fury just carried that on and used it successfully as opposed to the disaster that befell them
That's not entirely correct. It was expected for their to be much more resistance and such to Fury/Legion for that round.

Anyone remember the ill-fated STEL?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 10:08   #326
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its funny how PA always ends in the same equilibrium every round, but its not strange at all. This round the way to the equlibrium has been a bit differentthan others, but the equilibrium has still been reached.
I don't play and therefore don't know too much more than what I hear from good m8s who is still playing, but I will still try to explain how I see the things here from the sideline.
I think everyone should give sid at least some of the credit for making this round somewhat more interesting than the last many rounds has been. He (1up) was the first to announce that they would not allie anyone and he made it in a way so ppl in the universe trusted in him. Therefore we have seen far less alliances (between alliances) and NAPS (between alliances) this round than in any of the latest rounds and that is for sure good for the game and its for sure one of the main reasons why this round has been more exciting than many of the latest rounds (This round is far from over and anything can still happen). So everyone should give Sid and the rest of 1up some credit for that.

But when that is said then we also have to look at their reasons for doing it and those reasons were obvious cause as long as noone allied then they for sure had the strongest alliance and they still have.

Now everyone has realised that if nothing happened then 1up would just keep moving away from all other alliances and they would twat everyone else, so the obvious move from some of the other alliances is to allie and try to make a block that can actualy take up the fight aggainst 1up. As I see it the 3:2 score advantage is nothing serious cause the score vasted in Mistu/FAnG/Rock is devided over a lot of ppl which means that if they are organized as well as 1up its an extra advantage, but that is VERY hard to belive so its more likely a disadvantage(I would almost say for sure).

Now there is formed a block which is actualy able to fight 1up, but what will happen when 1up is considerably smaller than the block? We can hope that they will break up the block and fight alone once again in what would be an equal fight, but that is very hard to understand and therefore its obvious that Sid wants to find some allies now. Such a move will ofc give 1up an advantage again and once again Mistu/FAnG/Rock will have to find more allies and then the equilibrium of massive blocking is getting near.

Another reason why we end where we end is what Sid explains between the lines. There is no doubt that Sid has got a sweeter eye to LCH than to for eksampel FAnG and therefore when a FAnG hits 1up its far more likely that 1up will retall than if LCH attacks 1up. Therefore 1up and LCH ends up in an equilibrium where LCH and 1up doesn't really fight aggainst eachother and the effect on the rest of the universe is as if 1up and LCH had an alliance (almost).

This was my humble view from the sideline on the universe and my conclusion will have to be that noone is the blame for the situation PA ends in every round (massive blocking) but Sid can have a little credit for it taking some time b4 we ends there. So all the whining in this thread should just stop and everyone should just fight the game as it is, but with one correction: When you block someone because you feal that you are too weak compared to other alliances then agree to some realistic goals to fullfill. Try to fulfill them and then break up the alliance again cause then the game will stay fun at all time with loads of equal fights. (with a too small universe this is not posible, but just an idealistic view on how things should be.

cbk
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 11:11   #327
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
That's not entirely correct. It was expected for their to be much more resistance and such to Fury/Legion for that round.

Anyone remember the ill-fated STEL?
STEL were a joke.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 11:43   #328
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
STEL were a joke.
So were Tuba
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 11:45   #329
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
So were Tuba
And, I'm not going deny that?

Do you want some kind of prize?
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 11:47   #330
Forest

2 prizes please

and all my roids back

ta
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 12:02   #331
mikay

Simple answer to how fun this round would be without blocks - 3 weeks in and it's over. It's definitely over for anyone bar LCH/1up. 1-2 more weeks and the victor of that senario would be decided. All the other alliances would barely log in and a week after that (approx 6-7 weeks into the round) the winning alliance would moan there were no targetts. Cue 6 weeks of stagnation.

With blocks, especially as it looks this round, there is likely to be a fight to the end - or a lot longer at least. You have a scenario where the blocks will probably swirl and change and constntly be at war, the winner decided in the last 2 weeks.

Rob you anna diss blocs - how many was in our block in R6, 11 alliances? Wasn't that possibly the bet round ever for being interesting and optn til the end.

Focht I'm whining and I suck or is that FAnG? I'm not whining, you are - I'm cool with how things happen, 1up are the guys who are whining cos they don't like it. On the whole FAnG don't really suck, but they/we have a different set of goals to the rest of you. Lets just say FAnG don't take this all as seriously and personally as you guys.

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 12:15   #332
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

erm, first of all, mikey m8y, you're not in the position to speak for FAnG and its goals. I know what you're trying to do, which is defending us against Focht's attack. But I know Focht's opinion about us well enough, and it's not the first time he called us a failure.

Don't let it get to you m8, it's just his opinion and that of a few others.

ohh and cbk001, for you the same rules as everyone else ... FAnG is in no block, got no agreements or naps or allies. So either accept that or be a troll who makes up things on AD, which won't get you any respect from me but maybe you'll be respected by the trollers

FA Gaming community

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 12:18   #333
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Simple answer to how fun this round would be without blocks - 3 weeks in and it's over. It's definitely over for anyone bar LCH/1up. 1-2 more weeks and the victor of that senario would be decided. All the other alliances would barely log in and a week after that (approx 6-7 weeks into the round) the winning alliance would moan there were no targetts. Cue 6 weeks of stagnation.
This means you blame your lack of playing skills on the other alliances? Dude wake up, what should others do so your round is completely fun ? not play ?
you say 3 weeks without blocks, 3 weeks with blocks, any solution or just whining ?
I suggest you either kick your members ass abit and get them to play this damn game or you stop whining and applying your very low standards to the rest of the universe. I for one have read replies from ND, Vision and other alliances who are all far more pleased with a block free round than with any uberblock round. That this doesnt fit you is noones fault but your own and to be blunt if you dont change your attitude its unlikely you will ever have fun in the game based on success.

Quote:
With blocks, especially as it looks this round, there is likely to be a fight to the end - or a lot longer at least. You have a scenario where the blocks will probably swirl and change and constntly be at war, the winner decided in the last 2 weeks.
Did you miss last round ? The universe is small enough for a group of 3 alliances to dominate the rest.. A totally random FFA round would be interesting till the last moment.

Quote:
Rob you anna diss blocs - how many was in our block in R6, 11 alliances? Wasn't that possibly the bet round ever for being interesting and optn til the end.
According to Robs earlier statements he enjoys this round more. R6 however had a different purpose, beating some "mighty" enemy like Furgion (r5 total domination) into the ground gives alot of fun. Its now debateable that the main difference was that furgion, eventho outnumbered, still fought instead of just rolling over or disbanding.

Quote:
Focht I'm whining and I suck or is that FAnG? I'm not whining, you are - I'm cool with how things happen, 1up are the guys who are whining cos they don't like it. On the whole FAnG don't really suck, but they/we have a different set of goals to the rest of you. Lets just say FAnG don't take this all as seriously and personally as you guys.
You constantly whine about "small alliances" and how unfair all this and that is and how you have no fun in this game. Strangely you complain if its random, private, blocks, no blocks. So there is a tendancy that you might be never pleased.
About Fang having another approach, lmao. We have seen that last round and the rounds before. Apart from their cheating and moral scandals they bring us every round they are a normal alliance with the same normal goals. To win this game. They block, they launch fleets and they fight like any other alliance.
Like i said earlier its somehow hypocratic to point out how much more fun you have in other alliances and how cooler the community is. You cant judge all alliances you are not member of and you cant apply your standard for fun on them either. The only thing you can measure are ppl happy in their alliance and how successfull are they in the game as a group. If you guys meet irl every 2nd day or if you play other games is totally unimportant for anyone bar you and any defiant "we rule in other aspects" will not bring you any prize and any pity.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 13:35   #334
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Yeah, but there aren't enough alliances now to sustain that kind of block scenario. There's only really enough decent alliances for two sides, and a two-sided war rarely lasts long, and once it's over then stagnation is inevitable.

I think there are still 4 realistic potential winners to this round - 1up, LCH, Vision and MISTU. The latter two have more ground to catch up, but they have closed the gap on the top two by a fairly substantial amount already. The fact remains that they can fight back. If we had a block situation now, the top two alliances would probably be allied, and impossible to catch.

There is also a lot less predictability to non-block rounds. In round 9 we knew exactly how Eclipse was going to win the round even before ticks started. It was fun for a while, watching the plan simply roll into action, but once you've done something like that once, you don't really want to do it again - it'd just be boring. Having no blocks means that we don't know where our incoming is going to come from tonight, or when it will be launched. We have to constantly adjust our strategy depending on the actions of others, and I think it is a lot more challenging (and therefore enjoyable to be a part of). This kind of thing simply does not happen in non-block rounds, where everything is determined from the start, unless some wildcard alliance can throw a spanner in the works (something which doesn't happen very often at all).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 15:59   #335
mikay

Quote:
This means you blame your lack of playing skills on the other alliances? Dude wake up, what should others do so your round is completely fun ? not play ?
you say 3 weeks without blocks, 3 weeks with blocks, any solution or just whining ?
I suggest you either kick your members ass abit and get them to play this damn game or you stop whining and applying your very low standards to the rest of the universe. I for one have read replies from ND, Vision and other alliances who are all far more pleased with a block free round than with any uberblock round. That this doesnt fit you is noones fault but your own and to be blunt if you dont change your attitude its unlikely you will ever have fun in the game based on success.
Nobody who ever played with me would accuse me of lack of skill. I know of many other very skillful players in FAnG and other alliances.

Quote:
Did you miss last round ? The universe is small enough for a group of 3 alliances to dominate the rest..
Yeah, didn't play last round. Possibly it is if it's a block from the start but if it's a block of 3 defeated alliances then diffefent story.

Quote:
According to Robs earlier statements he enjoys this round more.
Everyone enjoys the 1st 4 weeks, then it get dull. Wonder how much he'd enjoy 2 months of stagnation.

Quote:
bla bla bla....

Blocks aren't illegal. Blocks aren't new. 1up went on this crusade to make them look dirty cos it's the best chance they had of winning but they knew they weren't gonna pull it off solo, they just waned the high moral ground when they ally up or an excuse when they get shafted. Like hat gives a new alliance the right to come into a game and say this is how you got to play boys and girls. Nobody is doing anyhing wrong, they just aren't letting you win. if you honestly didn't expect to be targetted once you got to number 1 how naieve are you.

You think the game is 1 sided? Rob says any one of 4 alliances could win now in his opinion, a week ago that was 1 of 2 - that sounds more opn to me, sounds like twice as many people have something to play for, sounds like ppl in other alliances have a piece to write too.

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 17:12   #336
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
erm, first of all, mikey m8y, you're not in the position to speak for FAnG and its goals. I know what you're trying to do, which is defending us against Focht's attack. But I know Focht's opinion about us well enough, and it's not the first time he called us a failure.

Don't let it get to you m8, it's just his opinion and that of a few others.

ohh and cbk001, for you the same rules as everyone else ... FAnG is in no block, got no agreements or naps or allies. So either accept that or be a troll who makes up things on AD, which won't get you any respect from me but maybe you'll be respected by the trollers
Well if you want to comment on what I write then read all of my post instead of just some of it. I think I make it very clear that I don't play and that I therefore don't have too much insight, but just talk of what I hear and what I read here on the forums. Here in this post it is said that FAnG has some kind of cooperation with some alliances and that there is some kind of thing going on between 1up and LCH. It might be true and it might not... All I say is that if it is true then its understandable.

But hey I can put 2 and 2 together and its quite obvious that someone are having some kind of teamwork, not just because Sid says so, but because there was no fast replies dening it. Also its kinda obvious since 1up has suddenly begun to get into problems. That is kinda strange unless something has happened with the alliance situation.

cbk
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 17:56   #337
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blocks aren't illegal. Blocks aren't new. 1up went on this crusade to make them look dirty cos it's the best chance they had of winning but they knew they weren't gonna pull it off solo, they just waned the high moral ground when they ally up or an excuse when they get shafted
Blocks aren't illegal, and shouldn't be. However, since the maturation of alliances blocks have been the defacto standard. I'm quite sure that if 1up had wished, they could've made alliances that would've ensured their victory, it's not that hard, especially not when you have the clout of Deity Sid to back you up.

When Cryptic first pointed it out, I thought he was making an AD point, but more than before the current line of 'we want blocking back!' has reinforced it as a truism: whatever that alliance* decides to commit itself to, people will complain. When they block and smash their way to victory, they're obliged to break up the block later. When they break up a block, they're backstabbers. When they refuse to block, they're trying to shape the round in their favor. Whatever they do, someone whinges about the ulterior motives, how horrid their ways are. The simple fact of the matter is that if 1up had blocked, this same discussion would be going, except 1up posters would be defending their alliances/wars, while people like you would be talking about how they put themselves in a secured position at the beginning of the round by making the biggest block.

You are whinging. And that's ok. AD is all about creative whinging. Just realize that you don't look much better than the 1up folks complaining about massive targeting and even, *gasp*, blocking.

* That alliance isn't Fury, nor is it 1up, it's That Alliance. The one everyone on AD is talking about, the one with loads of crap board spammers who latch on to their leaders' rhetoric and try to hammer away at the people who seemingly refuse to admit that said leaders may have a point.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 18:09   #338
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Yeah, didn't play last round. Possibly it is if it's a block from the start but if it's a block of 3 defeated alliances then diffefent story.
The round isnt over so noone is defeated. There have been many comebacks and many surprises over the last rounds so i would be carefull labeling anything defeated.
On the otherhand for beeing defeated mistu has still a good shot at the top spot and especially with the additional numerical backup, if it exists.

Quote:
Everyone enjoys the 1st 4 weeks, then it get dull. Wonder how much he'd enjoy 2 months of stagnation.
Is that the case ? He had last round 2 months of stagnation and surely the game will never be exciting for every player till the last minute. In the end there is a winner and a loser and depending on many circumstances and roundsettings it can take 1 week for this group/soloalliance to win or it can be a hard fight till shortly before the end. However even if the 2nd scenario applies one enemy will be the first to fall so certainly for him and other (not so skilled) alliances the round is lacking fun earlier.

Quote:
Blocks aren't illegal. Blocks aren't new. 1up went on this crusade to make them look dirty cos it's the best chance they had of winning but they knew they weren't gonna pull it off solo, they just waned the high moral ground when they ally up or an excuse when they get shafted. Like hat gives a new alliance the right to come into a game and say this is how you got to play boys and girls. Nobody is doing anyhing wrong, they just aren't letting you win. if you honestly didn't expect to be targetted once you got to number 1 how naieve are you.
Eventho considering im not playing i would disagree with you. After last round, a round you missed, many ppl were miffed off and had enough of the blocks and the stagnation. If you believe anyone in pa would just be told how the show runs and act accordingly you are the naive not i am.
Many ppl saw a chance for the round to start off and bring more fun. The tides apparently turned now against 1up but unless you have info i dont, 1up didnt use any excuses yet to form an alliance or cooperation to their advantage. This means your conclusion about their motives is flawed. However i do agree with 1up complaining that ppl focus on them, who wouldnt complain ?

Quote:
You think the game is 1 sided? Rob says any one of 4 alliances could win now in his opinion, a week ago that was 1 of 2 - that sounds more opn to me, sounds like twice as many people have something to play for, sounds like ppl in other alliances have a piece to write too.
The game isnt one sided this round and never was before. LCH made their way to the top without involving themself to beat the #1 too much. I think that is a good move since no "block" or coop was started from a direct benefitor of it and there is still more alliances with a decent chance to end #1. 1up had a 10-15k roidgap not a week ago so lets wait how mistu does with new recruits and vision etc etc. To have already a winner celebration is kinda early :P
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 18:45   #339
mikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
When Cryptic first pointed it out, I thought he was making an AD point, but more than before the current line of 'we want blocking back!' has reinforced it as a truism: whatever that alliance* decides to commit itself to, people will complain. When they block and smash their way to victory, they're obliged to break up the block later. When they break up a block, they're backstabbers. When they refuse to block, they're trying to shape the round in their favor. Whatever they do, someone whinges about the ulterior motives, how horrid their ways are. The simple fact of the matter is that if 1up had blocked, this same discussion would be going, except 1up posters would be defending their alliances/wars, while people like you would be talking about how they put themselves in a secured position at the beginning of the round by making the biggest block.
That's a but heady so I've not read it 5 times to get every ounce of subtlety out of it but basically - yeah. Here's the real deal - Sid, he's not a moron is he. Personally I think he's the best whoever played this game, especially in the alliance leader role. The way I see it Sid goes into a round with what he believes is the best strategy to win. He's not here to make ppl happy, he's here to win. So blocks/blockless - it's all about what gives Sid the best advantage. 1up tried this daring strategy of going blockless and it's starting to fail so bring on the guilt to try and keep the status quo.

And for the record I'm not really playing the FAnG angle here, the names could be easily intrchanged. I did originally want to join 1UP but as it's all the old fury boys not much chance of a vouch. I'm tagged FAnG but that's just a case of who gets my score added on to theirs, I don't log on to the private server, barely go n the channel even on netgamers, don't send defence and don't ask for it (3 incoming fleets atm, not even informed FAnG). I don't and never did take rhetoric from any leaders of any allaince I've been in but I am always loyal while tagged. Criticise me if you want, I'm not a drain on FAnG and I add score and if they get someone who can add more I'd untag. Boom.

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 18:51   #340
mikay

Really simple question Focht - do you think any block that may exist this round will make he round more or less stagnated. That's the only question you need to answer, it's the only thing that will get sympathy.

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 19:34   #341
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
But hey I can put 2 and 2 together and its quite obvious that someone are having some kind of teamwork, not just because Sid says so, but because there was no fast replies dening it. Also its kinda obvious since 1up has suddenly begun to get into problems. That is kinda strange unless something has happened with the alliance situation.

cbk
like I said, for all I care everyone is blocking against 1up. FAnG is NOT involved in any of such. In your reply you stated FAnG cause you "heared" it from someone or "read" it on AD. I just correct you.
FAnG aka me replied fairly quick to this thread. I've said more then once what the position is from my own alliance. If you read the entire thread, you would have known this. All I did was correct something in your post which simply is/was wrong.

FA Gaming community

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 20:49   #342
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Really simple question Focht - do you think any block that may exist this round will make he round more or less stagnated. That's the only question you need to answer, it's the only thing that will get sympathy.
yes
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:08   #343
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
DISCLAIMER -- Everything posted is my own opinion and does NOT nescessary reflect the opinion of FAnG or the HC --

I think that we should not believe a word that you say Kj
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 22:28   #344
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
I think that we should not believe a word that you say Kj
Hence the disclaimer

FA Gaming community

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:04   #345
mikay

Quote:
yes
Good. Say tick 1500, that's 2/3 of the way through the round we'll have a look whats happening and if it's stagnation caused by blocking well you're probably right.... And if the battle still rages and the winner hasn't been decided then it would appear I'm right. Can't wait.

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:36   #346
Isambard

Isambard is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not even playing this round, so forgive me if I dont know everything first time (though I do read these posts, I want in for round 12...)

1) 1up is currently the #1 alliance.
It makes sense that the alliances ranked lower than this would want to attack 1up (in an organised way or not). It makes sense to take out the big guy first, as if you attack a smaller alliance you may not have enough left to attack the #1 after.

2) Sid is claiming that MISTU and Fang are ganging up on 1up.
But he offers no evidence, and even says he is not going to offer evidence. It seems that most PA players are wise to spin, and done believe him.

3) Fang and MISTU both deny they are co-ordinating attacks.
Kinda hard to prove you are NOT doing something, true.

4) Sid seems to be implying that to counter this blocking, 1up will block.
Seems like a bit of politics. They blocked first, so it is only fair we block as well.

Well, lets be honest. I think Sid is just trying to make excuses now. Question is, who believes him?
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:53   #347
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If your alliance isn't number one and you don't think it can be there's not really that much harm in blocking. 1up will also have to do something sooner or later about lch's greater roid growth.

PS Could lch be hiding their actual value by not spending resources. I neither know whether this is possible or happening it just occurred to me to be an incredibly witty way of diverting attention onto 1up before exploding onto the scene?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:04   #348
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I just went and scanned 20 sample LCH planets. As much as I'd like to start screaming about stockpiling it isn't (or doesn't appear to be) the case.

Actually a good idea though, it would increase my cov op revenues substantially.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:42   #349
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard
I am not even playing this round, so forgive me if I dont know everything first time (though I do read these posts, I want in for round 12...)

1) 1up is currently the #1 alliance.
It makes sense that the alliances ranked lower than this would want to attack 1up (in an organised way or not). It makes sense to take out the big guy first, as if you attack a smaller alliance you may not have enough left to attack the #1 after.
Problem is, you are replacing one evil with another. 1up may be #1 right now, but compare our ratio to that of other alliances. It's not so clearcut.

Quote:
2) Sid is claiming that MISTU and Fang are ganging up on 1up.
But he offers no evidence, and even says he is not going to offer evidence. It seems that most PA players are wise to spin, and done believe him.
He doesn't need to offer any evidence - it's extremely easy for anyone with a brain to figure out. The ones who 'spin' are those which were involved in the first place (And I do not refer to KJ)

Quote:
3) Fang and MISTU both deny they are co-ordinating attacks.
Kinda hard to prove you are NOT doing something, true.
I don't think you are reading things in context to the timeframe of when this thread was posted. Infact, KJ has actually been rather clever in the timing of his posts - whilst those from Mistu and ROCK failed in that department in my honest opinion. Mistu more so, for outright lies.

Quote:
4) Sid seems to be implying that to counter this blocking, 1up will block.
Seems like a bit of politics. They blocked first, so it is only fair we block as well.
Considering 1up has no NAPs nor alliances with any other alliance, I don't see the supreme politics that Sid is quite renowned for. I know 1up could win this round if we chose the political route early on, but that wasn't the intent for so many ppl to return. I don't see 1up blocking, do you?

Quote:
Well, lets be honest. I think Sid is just trying to make excuses now. Question is, who believes him?
Sid doesn't need to make any excuse for anything. When has public opinion really stopped Sid before? So indeed, lets be honest, what exactly are these excuses and the motives behind them?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 07:07   #350
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Sitting here watching 1up and lch about to nab 4k+ roids from mistu. Probably just a coincidence that they launched together though.
Closed Thread