User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2007, 13:09   #1
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

Duncasaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Skin Competition - Round 23

Skin Competition for all you budding web designers and such like.

After becoming bored with the usual skins I was contemplating creating a new skin for PA to co-incide with the new round but I'm unsure if I'll have the time to do one so seen as I have a credit spare I thought I'd create a competition.

Rules:
1. Each entry must be unique. But may use some aspects of existing designs
2. Entry is limited to 2 designs per user.
3. Competition ends Friday 31st August 2pm GMT.
4. All entries must have a screenshot and working example to be entered into competition, as the winner will have his template tested on the speedgame before being available for the use in R23 (subject to compatibility).
5. Skins must be browser compatible. Skins will be tested on IE6, 7 and FF at a minimum

Useful files:
An old template package: http://oldportal.planetarion.com/template.zip
A current CSS file: http://game.planetarion.com/images/t...lanetarion.css

Designers must own or have permission to use any images within the designs. Images must not be excessive (to prevent excessive bandwidth usage), but as every good designer knows images can add that extra little uuumph to a design.

Anyone without webspace will be able to PM me there designs and files and I will upload them to my own.

The winner will receive a free credit debited to the account of their choice (donated by myself). The winner will be chosen by myself.

Entries and discussions on topic only below please. Any other users with spare credits or worthwhile prizes who wish to donate them to the competition are welcome. After all were trying to create something for the community here.

Good luck,
BigD
Duncasaurus

Last edited by Appocomaster; 25 Aug 2007 at 17:42.
Duncasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 13:22   #2
Oizo

Oizo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Skin Competition - Round 23

Does my Terran-skin thats already in beta count for the competition?
Oizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 13:34   #3
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

I don't see why not, link or ss please?
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 14:57   #4
Oizo

Its already in the Beta, but have a look at:

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

http://project-phobos.de/pa/ter-skin/overview.htm

http://project-phobos.de/pa/ter-skin/population.htm
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 15:00   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heh, I read and edited your post so quickly that the 'edited by' message doesn't show up. I've completed the URLs for you.
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 15:40   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's in the game as well as in the beta, btw
Unread 26 Aug 2007, 14:35   #7
Oizo

Looks like i should get a credit (especially because i got no creditcard and im too lazy to find a friend who got one)
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 19:56   #8
Envy

Envy is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my contribution. I went for something original but non game themed.. I guess you'll either like it or you wont!

Envy

insecureinc.com/xskin/overview.htm

insecureinc.com/xskin/population.htm

P.S sorry for the shitty links I haven't made enough posts to do the proper ones :S

Last edited by furball; 28 Aug 2007 at 01:01.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 01:02   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I really like your contribution - consider the links fixed
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 10:24   #10
Envy

Envy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 23:44   #11
Duncasaurus
Quit yo Jibba Jabba

Anymore entries?
Its a shame but I will be judging tomorrow...
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 00:38   #12
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

I wanted to do one, then i got sick of the css div setup.

I dont find the current html files that good tbh, its done with absolute positioning which limits a lot of possibilities for ajustability and also the setup of the header, menu etc. seems strange to me.

Anyways i changed the html files too and redid the basic setup of the div's. (see html files).

http://vision.redweb.dk/skin/overview.html
http://vision.redweb.dk/skin/population.html

I didnt complete the css file 100% but the files reflect what i had in thought along with some of the problem areas in the div placements.

PS. yes i know the bg pic isnt rather mobile friendly :P
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 00:07   #13
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

http://vision.redweb.dk/skin2/overview.html
http://vision.redweb.dk/skin2/population.html
http://vision.redweb.dk/skin3/overview.html
http://vision.redweb.dk/skin3/population.html

using newest pa overview.pl
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 00:25   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Red-: No to the /skin2/. Looks like a mess having all that on top. /skin3/ looked interesting however.
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 01:28   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncasaurus
Anymore entries?
Its a shame but I will be judging tomorrow...
Designing a skin takes hours. When it is rewarded by a free credit from PA team, you know you won't waste your time. When it is a competition with one winner, chances are great you'll have spent time for nothing... hence the low amount of entries.
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 01:34   #16
Red-

Not really caring about the credit - i just want a centered wider skin so my monitor doesnt seem soo huge for pa :P
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 01:54   #17
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

can you make the overview with the MOTD below the Message of the Commander ?
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 08:19   #18
Red-

nopes all placements of inner content is controlled by the pateam.
Unread 11 Sep 2007, 16:27   #19
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oizo
Its already in the Beta, but have a look at:

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

http://project-phobos.de/pa/ter-skin/overview.htm

http://project-phobos.de/pa/ter-skin/population.htm
That was a skin made for Planetarion Round 8 I believe - I hosted the set of 4 when it was decided that they weren't to be used.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 14:52   #20
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

give us back original rnd 23 skin fs
Unread 15 Sep 2007, 11:45   #21
dedin

dedin is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah seriously, wheres the skin gone ?
dedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2007, 23:24   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think it is being remade, but fixing the portal is currently a higher priority.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 17:33   #23
dedin

dedin is an unknown quantity at this point

It was awesome, give it high priority ! Actually i dont understand why the original one cant be used while its being remade Whos in charge of the skin stuff ?
dedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 10:33   #24
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ quite disappointing that rnd 23 design is not ready in rnd 23
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 11:32   #25
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

To all you *skinners*
I'm not capable ... but a skin that works well on wap phones would be nice.
All the current skins have little issues.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 16:45   #26
`Spider
teh 1 and only

`Spider is an unknown quantity at this point

i really like envy's design