User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Sep 2005, 22:50   #1
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute
What is your talent?

Hello Friends!

So, what is everyone good at then?

I've recently started learning the electric guitar and Japanese (see: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187274 )

The guitar learning is going pretty craply actually because it is harder than I thought.

Does anyone else play the electric guitar? How hard was it to get started? How long will it take before I can impress the panties off the girls by playing like this guy: http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Ang...--Speed-Kills- ?

Anyway, what else are you lot good at and enjoy doing?
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:07   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: What is your talent?

http://newsbot3.deviantart.com/gallery

that.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:16   #3
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

I started playing the electric guitar 9 months ago, and am now at a level where I can play Sultans of Swing in its entirety fairly competently (yes, including the final solo). www.ultimate-guitar.com is the best place I can recommend. Try out some simple tunes to get your fingers used to playing. House of the rising sun is a nice, simple arpeggio to get you started. Winds Of Change is good too, although the solo will be beyond you at the moment, I should imagine. Learning your chords is important, but the more songs you try to play the chords for, the more you will learn. I'd suggest http://www.8notes.com/guitar_chord_chart/Am7.asp for a comprehensive list of chords.

Remember to start off slowly. Don't rush into being great - these things take years of practice. Try learning something relatively simple like Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles. Might seem a bit complicated at first but it really isn't. Stairway to heaven is another one you should be able to play after a couple of weeks of playing around getting the feel for the guitar. I think I learnt that my second or third week into getting it. Not the solo of course - way too difficult even now. More Than A Feeling is another song I'd recommend trying to play. It is once again simple and incorperated a few techniques you'll want to learn.

For me it is easy to, when trying to play a riff or series of riffs, realise which chord is being used to form the riff. For instance, more than a feeling can be played around the D chord, as can here comes the sun (though play this with the guitar capoed at 7th for it to sound authentic - although this is really a matter of choice. Pick some songs you like the sound of that aren't particularly difficult, or that you think you could play with a little practice. Learn them. You'll do much better if it is a song you know and a song you like (so you will keep playing it and not realise that you hate the song and give up).

Most of all - don't give up. Keep playing. If something is too difficult, try something a little easier. If you want to get good fast, learn things that you feel are slightly too difficult for you until you can play them well, and keep doing this. This way you'll progress quickly. It would also be useful to get a book on theory although, if you just want to muck around and not join a band or anything, this isn't overly important, though some knowledge of theory is useful. Practice, practice practice. I stayed up until 5 in the morning until I could play the solo for More Than A Feeling at least semi competently, then when I got up I played it for another couple of hours and then some more later until I had it down. I play for about 5 hours every day. More than that usually to be honest. I enjoy it. I bought this beauty a month ago. The picture really doesn't do her justice. Have her stuck into my 100W Marshall amp as we speak connected with a Monster Performer 500. OOOOh yeah!

I'm also fairly good at flying aeroplanes. Origami, too. I also have a talent for creative writing - poetry, song-writing, stories, etc - although I rarely get to flex my creative muscles any more, which is a shame really because it's something I enjoy doing.

[Edit on one of the links]

Please keep in mind that this is just from the point of view of a beginner who has, as of yet, had no formal training, so take the advice of others who have had proper training over mine if they contradict me. Hope this helps. Rock on.

Last edited by HAL-9000; 26 Sep 2005 at 23:29.
HAL-9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:28   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

i started playing the double bass and from a techniqual point of view my teacher says i am pretty talented. however as it is my first instrument i have ever played, musically i am crap.

oh and every sport which has something to do with balls, i am pretty good.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:34   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The wind of change solo is ****ing easy, actually, most solo's on the guitar are, once you noticed the chords that you have to use.

Actually I just can't keep a proper rythm, but technically what is difficult about playing a guitar?

Also I do not get this 'going to learn something', mostly since I do not have the discipline to do such things..

However, learning Japanese is actually rather wonderfull, I wish I would be motivated enough to do something like that ...
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:38   #6
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
The wind of change solo is ****ing easy, actually, most solo's on the guitar are, once you noticed the chords that you have to use.

Actually I just can't keep a proper rythm, but technically what is difficult about playing a guitar?

Also I do not get this 'going to learn something', mostly since I do not have the discipline to do such things..

However, learning Japanese is actually rather wonderfull, I wish I would be motivated enough to do something like that ...
Well considering that the 'solo' uses 2 guitars, playing it with 1 guitar and having it sound decent is not '****ing easy'for someone who hasn't been playing for very long and is struggling. I have no idea how far he is and am taking it from the view that he has played absolutely nothing. Did you pick up a guitar for the first time and play that? Thought not.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:40   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I played guitar for about 7 years and to be honest everyone can play that one....
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:43   #8
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Quote:
I played guitar for about 7 years and to be honest everyone can play that one....
He has been playing guitar for no years and claims to be finding it difficult. Get some idea of your 'target audience' when saying things.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:46   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Well I am only discrediting the idea that the 'Wind of Change' solo is difficult.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:47   #10
HAL-9000
I'm great!

I said that it is beyond him at the moment. As I said I am taking it from the point that he has never picked up a guitar before. I did not say that it was difficult. Bloody hell you're picky!
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:54   #11
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

In that case I have to agree with you, I am sorry for this misunderstanding, it was mostly my fault then, however, if you want to train yourself with a guitar, the tockle from 'the house of the rising sun' is perfect for training exercises as it is easy and you can speed it up like no other tockle.
Another one should be the intro of street spirit (Am7/Am/Asus-something and C7/C/Csus) which is also a winner.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:58   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
Anyway, what else are you lot good at and enjoy doing?
sex
[/obvious answer]
but seriously. I've never had any complaints and had many many compliments... *shrug*

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 00:15   #13
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I take photos but I don't know if I'm talented at it I just enjoy it.

Last edited by KaneED; 29 Aug 2006 at 21:43.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 00:21   #14
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Singing. My sight reading is still a little dodgy, but I have an exceptional vocal range.

The ability to learn. I can learn many different things that are easy or hard for many different reasons, and that may be taught in many different ways.

I've always been something of an artist, I've not done much for a long time, but I have a natural ability in certain media.

Physics. Kind of goes without saying, really.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 00:21   #15
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh and boys too, apparently.

Fnar.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 00:57   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jenny completed her degree in either oxford or cambridge last summer I think. She's doing some bizzare phd in like QNC (which involves the words quantum and computing and possibly national but I really doubt it). Also as with most things on the internet you know that someone knows a fair amount about something because they've frequently been proven right in the past.

I'm a pretty good poker player and I guess I'm slightly better than average at lateral thinking. Oh and probably a strong drive to learn. That'd be pretty much it.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 01:09   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I've come to understand that you are something of the resident physics guru here.
But just how deserved is it?

What formal education do you have?
she is my college daughter
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 01:09   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So she's sort of the hot version of Stephen Hawking?

Has she got an amazing wheelchair fitted with nuclear missiles and miniscule black holes, ready to take over the world?
A few years ago she and nodrog went out for a while.

That is all.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 01:19   #19
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm very good at fooling/lying/hustling people, althought I don't like to do it. However, it comes in handy in lots of situations (like exams or poker games), and I use it when I have too or when it's the appropriate thing to do. I'm also pretty good at cooking (my chicken is the shiznit, according to the streets) and I'm getting better at brawling (in a friendly manner, that is). I had a talent for painting graffiti, but I've almost quitted (getting older) so I'm very shitty now
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 05:11   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That depends on who's playing. For me the biggest challenge I've had with attempting to play the guitar is my hand wont pysically fit around the fretboard properly. This means I can't apply nearly enough pressure to get an accurate pitch, nor am I able to manouvere my hand adequately enough to change chords. So technically, I find playing a guitar quite difficult.

I am however a talented pianist, not a skill I put into use frequently but I can if I want to.

My only genuine legacy though is probably in computers, I've spent my entire life since I was 4 playing around and modifying them in every possible way, but truth be told it's been more of a curse than a benifit typically.

I've also found I have a talent for both still life photography and moving film. Its also the direction I'd most like to go with my life, only I got curve-balled by above computer talent. Prior to that I spent 7 years in the film industry.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 05:17   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
That depends on who's playing. For me the biggest challenge I've had with attempting to play the guitar is my hand wont pysically fit around the fretboard properly.
small hands = small cock
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 07:33   #22
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I think I am a pretty decent chess player but I haven't had a serious game since like a month (blame world of warcraft). All my exes say I am a great kisser and I know how to go down with the exception of one weirdo.

Thinking of my talents now , I think I am a rather average duder.

Also, I used to be a pretty good drawer, but due to lack of exercise all is gone.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 11:48   #23
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Quote:
I've come to understand that you are something of the resident physics guru here.
But just how deserved is it?

What formal education do you have?
I'm not resident here, I just show up from time to time.

GCSEs including double science and maths
A Levels chem, phys, double maths
Master of Physics, University of Oxford (I don't get a BA, we skip straight to the masters, it's a 4 year course)
Cycling proficiency award

All of the above were at top grades (ie GCSEs A*and A Levels A, and degree first class with honours) except Futher Maths which was a B, and cycling proficiency which took me three attempts.

I begin my DPhil (Oxford-ish for PhD) next Monday, in condensed matter physics, working on organic semiconductors. The QC group I wanted to work with never got funding, so I couldn't afford to take a place in that dept even though they were willing to offer it to me anyway. In addition, I've been elected DeBreyne Scholar by my college, which means I rock.

And what is more, I have a great college Dad.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 11:51   #24
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Quote:
Not hot then?

Just the female version of Stephen Hawking?
Oi. I am hot.

If I'm not hot, how do you explain the super sexy man I've been 'seeing' for the last 2 months, hm?
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 11:59   #25
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
I'm not resident here, I just show up from time to time.
You know, a bit like a coldsore.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:02   #26
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Seeing as you asked, Im a bit of a hit with the ladies.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:08   #27
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

'mariokart' and 'kick off 3: european challenge'.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:14   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Never played Kick off 3 but I am pretty sure I'll kick your ass with Kick off 2 dude.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:16   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
Oi. I am hot.

If I'm not hot, how do you explain the super sexy man I've been 'seeing' for the last 2 months, hm?

Don't know but I see them all the time when walking downtown, all those orcs with rather sexy women, I guess it oftenly goes the other way around as well.

As far I can judge and remember from the picture I once saw of you, you aren't that hideous though.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:17   #30
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Never played Kick off 3 but I am pretty sure I'll kick your ass with Kick off 2 dude.

on the SNES?

i'm playing part 3 since 1995, about every day.
i don't think you'd stand a chance tbh, but ok, you're welcome to visit me some time and find out for yourself.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:18   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

On the Amiga, I am sure I suck playing it on a snes pad.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:21   #32
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
How long will it take before I can impress the panties off the girls by playing like this guy: http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Ang...--Speed-Kills- ?
To play like this guy, you only need to get the same hairstyle as him. Much like Samson, the power of playing cheesy metal comes with the hair!
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:22   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no talent.

I very rarely lose my temper, but I wouldn't consider that a talent.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:55   #34
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-9000
blah
Cool links and good tips.

Mine!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 12:59   #35
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im quite good at go these days.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:01   #36
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I have no talent.

I very rarely lose my temper, but I wouldn't consider that a talent.
your talent is discipline than.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:03   #37
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
'mariokart' and 'kick off 3: european challenge'.
your lucky you live some distance away or i'd have to come and kick your arse in mariokart
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:04   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
your talent is discipline than.
I prefer to think of it as apathy.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:04   #39
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
your lucky you live some distance away or i'd have to come and kick your arse in mariokart

don't worry, i may come visit your island in october/december again.

Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:28   #40
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm exceptionally good at gorping at attractive women.
I'm also a dab hand at Super Street Fighter 2 using the Dhalsim character.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:42   #41
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Come on, you can't win versus a fairly skilled oponent with Dhalsim, I would crush your ass with Ken, Chun li, Honda, Balrog and Guile!
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 13:52   #42
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I can't see that happening, boyo.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:02   #43
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm pretty good at retro games, i still own my Sega MD with SSF2, N64 with Golden Eye, SNES with Mario Kart and Killer Instinct all of which i still play regularly with a mate who comes over every week just to rerto game and i'm pretty confident i could beat most people.

Apart from PA the only other game i played seriously online was Star Wars Force Commander and i was consistantly in the top 3 on Cases Ladder for a couple of years during its peak popularity.

I have no talent that is of use to me in real life though.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:05   #44
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

heh 'I rock at oldschool planetarion speed games'

haha, that's no talent, that's having no life.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:15   #45
djbass
mmm.. pills

I used to be good with Dhalsim/Balrog.. lack of practice though over the years has left me unable to beat even the most easy cpu opponent

I still rock at Mortal Kombat though ... it's a brave soul that challenges me to that game
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:15   #46
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Come on, you can't win versus a fairly skilled oponent with Dhalsim, I would crush your ass with Ken, Chun li, Honda, Balrog and Guile!
I believe most people would be able to beat Dhalsim with Guile mainly because Guile is solid to break down if someone is just sitting back and countering with him, i have often teleported myself into trouble just to end the tedium of the stand off but you can use that tactic with Dhalsim against the other characters and just teleport out of harms way if they get too close. I'm a dab hand with Ken/Ryu, Zangief, Dhalsim and Blanka/E Honda.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:20   #47
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
don't worry, i may come visit your island in october/december again.

Well I am due for a long holiday around december, so the possibility of travelling to a more civilised city is very good.

I'd also like to catch up with The General in Adelaide but yet to hear from the bastard since his move here.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:25   #48
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
A few years ago she and nodrog went out for a while.
Didnt Kura did some comics about that?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 14:29   #49
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I would claim I am quite a considerate shag, very versatile and communistic in bed.
You tell the birds you shag about Marx's added value theory? Or Lenin's imperialism theory and how it matters today?

If you do, I want to be sent the recordings of it, so I can have a laugh.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 18:07   #50
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: What is your talent?

My talent is moderating this board. And what a talent it is!

Oh, and blowjobs.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote