User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 Oct 2016, 21:56   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Round 69 PA mail from PA HQ

Quote:
Welcome to Round 69 - Shattered Time Fri, 07 Oct 16:01:08

Welcome, all, to Round 69 - Shattered Time!

As before:

Buddy Packs are limited to 4 (or 3 and a late joiner in tick 336) - this must be done before the shuffle on the morning of Saturday, 15th October.
Alliances are limited to 60, with only 40 counting.

Races and ship stats are FINAL.

Major changes:

Alliance Defense fleets can only be shared 30 times in a 24 hour period (excluding cancelled fleets).
Alliance wars are now more profitable, with your primary target alliance generating 25% more XP from combat and all the target's allied alliances generating 15% more XP from combat (was 20% and 10%)
Pods can now not be stolen through covert opping
Dist counts are now available in intel and populated based on the latest dev scan or failed scan - this is not editable.

For a list of other changes, please visit our changelog.

Best of luck this round!

PA Team
So does anyone else besides me feel like we got sucker punched? Seems the powers that be make changes and we, or maybe its just me, find out about it by signing up and not before hand. I realize that the community is not the best at coming up with a good consensus and there is a lot of baggage between community members, but it would be nice to be informed of changes ahead of time.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2016, 21:58   #2
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 69 PA mail from PA HQ

BAH
posted in wrong forum again, if a mod wants to move it go for it....my fingers dont want to cooperate atm

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 7 Oct 2016, 22:18   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why would we need to be consulted beforehand?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2016, 23:59   #4
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Probably someone was convinced that there was too much cheating among ship cov opers. My suggestion for next rounds stats, if there is a ship that can be a form a good team-up with another race, give it a pod.
Unread 8 Oct 2016, 22:40   #5
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Why would we need to be consulted beforehand?
Well maybe not consult but how about informing beforehand. There are several changes which do change how people will play the game. Not saying they are bad, but getting a heads up would be nice.

I am not sure if I like the alliance fleet limitation in conjugation with the alliance limit being 60 with 40 counting. The alliance fleet did make it nice for smaller less active alliances who now have a better chance of defending vs incomings at bad times. But now that they are limited to only 30 launches in a 24 hour period the bigger and/or more organized alliances will be able to drain alliance fleets quicker.

Making war more profitable is always good and the cov op change will help combat farm planets (hopefully). Or at least make it more obvious so hunters can now close planets easier.

@BButcher
Kindly go away. You always post things and try to derail the original post/topic with whatever axe you have to grind coming from that imaginary brain of yours.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 8 Oct 2016, 23:35   #6
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Pre-launch bug also fixed.

Alliance fleets adjustment is ok, let's see if something changes.

I thought there would be whining about the cov op change. It clear states that cov op is not to be used for fleet adjustment. I think there should be an alternative, like being able to select an extra pod before tick starts.
Unread 9 Oct 2016, 01:22   #7
fortran

There should be an option to steal only a certain class and only pods through cov oping
Unread 9 Oct 2016, 11:36   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thread's been moderated, please stay on topic.
Unread 9 Oct 2016, 12:01   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Well maybe not consult but how about informing beforehand. There are several changes which do change how people will play the game. Not saying they are bad, but getting a heads up would be nice.
The mail was sent when signups opened. That gives us a week to digest the information. I think that's enough time for a game like PA and a community like ours. Opening of signups is the deadline, and that deadline needs to be met. If the mail had been sent (or if changes from last round had been updated) a day or two later, I would've agreed with you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2016, 20:58   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Thread's been moderated, please stay on topic.
What is the topic?
Seeing the change mz/benneh brought upon PA, the ship cov-op was a natural change after last round?
Im pretty sure that soon we will have to remove steal ships and roid stealing, as removing ship covopping wont be sufficient.

RexDrax obviously aint paying much attention if he feels that the changes hasnt been alerted for quite some time.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 09:30   #11
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
What is the topic?
Seeing the change mz/benneh brought upon PA, the ship cov-op was a natural change after last round?
Im pretty sure that soon we will have to remove steal ships and roid stealing, as removing ship covopping wont be sufficient.

RexDrax obviously aint paying much attention if he feels that the changes hasnt been alerted for quite some time.
Please provide a forum link to the announced change or before and after screenshots of the rule changes. I can't find any official changes anywhere regarding this. Thanks in advance
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 18:02   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Please provide a forum link to the announced change or before and after screenshots of the rule changes. I can't find any official changes anywhere regarding this. Thanks in advance
If you are in doubt go ask in #multihunters.
In the past, prior to mz/benneh paid of Ace i guess, you would get closed if you built only pods to be covop/stolen or if you initiated roids only to get stolen.
This was practised, even though the rules mightve been claiming that it had to be an agreement between attacker/covopper and the farm, wich you cant prove ever unless it was agreed upon through ingame mail.

The rules/practise was changed to suit Mz/Bennehs strat, norse simply abused this to covop CO pods for free last round.

Or maybe you think pod covopping was randomly removed for this round?

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 05:27   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
In the past, prior to mz/benneh paid of Ace i guess, you would get closed if you built only pods to be covop/stolen or if you initiated roids only to get stolen.
This was practised, even though the rules mightve been claiming that it had to be an agreement between attacker/covopper and the farm, wich you cant prove ever unless it was agreed upon through ingame mail.

The rules/practise was changed to suit Mz/Bennehs strat, norse simply abused this to covop CO pods for free last round.

So basically no then. Didn't think so, ever heard of 'The Boy who cried Wolf'?

If you keep making things up then no one is gonna believe you when you have a genuine issue.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 07:53   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

You are free to belive what you want.

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 07:57   #15
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
You are free to belive what you want.
Correct, but you aren't free to slander and besmirch people's names at will. It has consequences.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 08:04   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Correct, but you aren't free to slander and besmirch people's names at will. It has consequences.
Who is being besmirched?
Mz/Benneh is not denying what they did, neither is Norse

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 08:17   #17
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Who is being besmirched?
Mz/Benneh is not denying what they did, neither is Norse
Oh sorry do we live in a world where you are guilty until proven innocent?

I think not.

When you actually have proof they are guilty of something then present it along with your accusation. Until then you are slandering them and are the one in the wrong.

Constantly accusing and abusing individuals on here is a bannable offence I believe. Maybe a mod should look into that
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 08:30   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Oh sorry do we live in a world where you are guilty until proven innocent?

I think not.

When you actually have proof they are guilty of something then present it along with your accusation. Until then you are slandering them and are the one in the wrong.

Constantly accusing and abusing individuals on here is a bannable offence I believe. Maybe a mod should look into that
Nobody is did anything that was illegale, so i have no clue what you are on about.
The rules were changed, after r67 you cant get closed for being a farm, unless the MH proves there is an agreement(only ingame mail confession/agreement mail is valud evidence)

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 09:59   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Nobody is did anything that was illegale, so i have no clue what you are on about.
The rules were changed, after r67 you cant get closed for being a farm, unless the MH proves there is an agreement(only ingame mail confession/agreement mail is valud evidence)
Once again, please show the rule change. A major change to the rules like that would be documented here
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 10:23   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Once again, please show the rule change. A major change to the rules like that would be documented here
Before you would get closed for giving away roids and pods for free, now you don't.
Go ask the MHs

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 10:59   #21
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Before you would get closed for giving away roids and pods for free, now you don't.
Go ask the MHs
No you specifically said they changed the rules. A rule change would be documented. I want to see that.

What I know you actually mean is that the MH team took on the case, assessed the information and made a decision, which you disagree with. This has happened on many occasions over many rounds. They did their job and made a decision.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 11:47   #22
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Go ask the MHs
Are you high?

It was a legitimate way of playing, pretty boring tbh but if high ranking and trolling emotional players are the objectives then do it.

I refused to attack any of them that round. How many Bows launched on them? What did you do to deter that kind of behaviour? Nothing other than frowning on it. As the leader of one of the biggest ally's in the game you really should have done more.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 11:55   #23
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
I refused to attack any of them that round. How many Bows launched on them? What did you do to deter that kind of behaviour? Nothing other than frowning on it. As the leader of one of the biggest ally's in the game you really should have done more.
Bows was the alliance which least launched at them. There was a policy against attacking them. Check the stats thread.
Besides that, what could Bows have done? Prayed more?
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 12:19   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Are you high?

It was a legitimate way of playing, pretty boring tbh but if high ranking and trolling emotional players are the objectives then do it.

I wasnt in BowS half of that round.
After i joined i got one guy that attacked them kicked out, after all members had been warned to NOT ATTACK them through ally mail.

Looking at the preliminary inc stats on that gal, BowS sent 0,6% of the fleets that was sent at mz/benneh, or 6/1000 fleets if you wish.

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 12:37   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Butcher just likes to skew the rules to justify his round on round inadequacies and his alliance (bows) allows him to make them look like fools. Says a lot about the competence there.

It has never been frowned upon to init roids. Intact it's been a staple of fort play as long as I have been here. The issue is init WHEN you have incommings, which gives the attacker extra roids. This is not allowed and is a closable offence. Benneh et al didn't do this, which is why they weren't closed. There is nothing in the rules that says you have to defend your incommings, nor that you have to send a certain amount of ships/value when defending. So again no rule broken there.

Advertising you aren't going to defend via your gal or r/p name is very much a grey area as names and slogans can be interpreted differently. That is solely up to the MH to decide, which they did, and the names stayed. That's all there is to it. End of.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 13:08   #26
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Bows was the alliance which least launched at them. There was a policy against attacking them. Check the stats thread.
Besides that, what could Bows have done? Prayed more?
Good on you BB, I stand corrected.

Still doesn't mean Benneh breached the EULA. It was a very clever way of playing, albeit, boring.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 13:26   #27
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Good on you BB, I stand corrected.

Still doesn't mean Benneh breached the EULA. It was a very clever way of playing, albeit, boring.
Ive accepted that what Benneh/mz and norse did not get them closed, even though i disagree with the change to the rules/practise that allowed them to do this.
In the past you would get closed for stuff like this, now you dont.

If you disagree please show examples for this not being true in the past.

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 14:10   #28
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Ive accepted that what Benneh/mz and norse did not get them closed, even though i disagree with the change to the rules/practise that allowed them to do this.
In the past you would get closed for stuff like this, now you dont.

If you disagree please show examples for this not being true in the past.
We don't have to prove anything. You are the one dropping accusations every single post. There was no change to the rules. The rules were not broken. Get over it
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 16:49   #29
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

@BButcher
As Kaiba already mentioned there was no announcement or anything given to the general community regarding the changes made to the upcoming round. That is why I posted the original thread and the reason I posted what I did when I asked you to go away is because all you always seem to do is bring up past items which have been discussed in other threads to death. Hell if I remember correctly you have even been banned at least once from the forums.

With respect to the whole benneh/mz win, good for them. Hell if I thought of that strategy and gotten my friends to go along with it and make a gal/bp and make us such an attractive target that others keep attacking us so I can get lots of XP I would have done the same thing. They came up with a original way of playing the game that was not done in the past. Minimal effort required on their part and all you have to do is defend in gal so you can even sleep longer.

Nowhere in the rules does it say you are not allowed to initiate roids even though there is pretty much no chance in you keeping them. I know some people on purpose init up to 500 roids when tick starts because they want incomings and want to be able to steal ships. Same tactic that benneh used but nobody has been screaming about them. Guess it must be because its benneh and the fact that BB didnt think of it sooner or implement it.

Notice I did not talk about any collusion or agreement between people to purposely attack bennehs gal. Too much of a grey area and its up to the MH/Admins to make a decision on it. They have so we just move on with it since none of us are the Admins.

@lokken
Thanks for moderating the thread

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 17:06   #30
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well this is where you might not be up to scratch with what is actualy happening ingame, and perhaps behind "closed" doors.
The changes to cov-op was more or less "set in stone" once people started to use the same approach to the rules as Benneh/Mz regarding setting up "pod farms".
It is not against the rules, what so ever, to build pods and not log in for the next week, and then suddently half the univers had cov-opped all your pods while you was away.
Unless you can prove there is a agreement between part A and part B, you cannot ever get closed for farming after the Benneh/Mz incident.

Are you surprised that pod cov-opping was removed now as theyve allowed farming to take place?
If you are this out-of-sync with what is actualy happening around in the univers, perhaps it would be better to just stay away from bothering your mind with what ever changes PA crew does each round?

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 22:22   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

What evidence have you got of this?
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 23:21   #32
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
What evidence have you got of this?
Since when do i have access to MH reports to share with you?
Are you denying this, or is anyone denying, that giving away roids or ships for free wasnt a punishable offense earlier? Im sure, even though its prolly 15 years since you last played, that you remeber someone that was closed for giving away roids for free, or giving away ships for free?
What Ace has said, wich is the new changes to the rules, that unless you can prove that there is an agreement between farmer/farmed, they wont close anyone. And the ONLY acceptable proof of a farming agreement is that farmer/farmed agreed upon this through ingame mail, wich only admins/MHs have access to.

IRC logs as proof? Not accepted.
Whatsapp/SMS/telegram log as proof? Not accepted.

If you are in doubt, go ask Ace yourself. and/or ask lunar_lamp/cin/appoco or any of the other PA team for trollz aswell.

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 23:56   #33
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody can post logs, and apparently PA Team aren't going to comment.

Seems pretty pointless to continue this then doesn't it?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2016, 00:24   #34
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Or we can continue ranting untill PA team starts commenting

Unread 12 Oct 2016, 00:32   #35
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Well yeah I suppose there is that.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote