User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2004, 19:45   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
If you bet dead, you win.

What classifies an alliance as dead? When a member says its dead? When you go to the alliances channel to report incoming for one of its members and you repeatedly see no ops or voiced online to take the call? Or when Pilkara and sandmans shows that they are flat out wtf pwned.
Well a certain alliance displays these qualities. Are these guys dead? What do you think?
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 19:46   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: If you bet dead, you win.

When they disband.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 20:06   #3
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

7 Absolute 43727 82 865.633 70.981.982

dead yet?
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 20:11   #4
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolute does not care about the rankings they are weeding out the member base getting rid of inactives and those who are on but do not defend/attack.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 20:17   #5
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Sitting in #absolute, 1 fellow has been trying to get in touch with a voice/op for 3 hours....mebbe it was the voice/ops that absolute got rid of for being inactive?
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 00:03   #6
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Every new alliance has it's problems. Very few work perfectly from the start (1up), the big majority need 1-2 or even more rounds to settle themselves in this game and start functioning as a proper alliance. It involves getting to know each other, identifying spys, inactives and selfish/conflictive players. Absolute are in this process. Maybe this round wasn't as good as they aimed for, but i don't think they are dead.
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 00:22   #7
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

next few days will say alot about that indeed :P

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 00:52   #8
Amnesia
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Amnesia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Sitting in #absolute, 1 fellow has been trying to get in touch with a voice/op for 3 hours....mebbe it was the voice/ops that absolute got rid of for being inactive?
I remember having an Absolute galmate. Tried asking for defence in #absolute (since their bot was down), but that voice/ops behaviour already showed back then. So he was left without def. A couple of days later the galmate disappeared (multi orso), so that was my only impression
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 01:02   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
Absolute does not care about the rankings they are weeding out the member base getting rid of inactives and those who are on but do not defend/attack.
So there will be about 30 left then
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 01:07   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Every new alliance has it's problems. Very few work perfectly from the start (1up), the big majority need 1-2 or even more rounds to settle themselves in this game and start functioning as a proper alliance.
That's where you're wrong. Absolute might be a new "name" but it is hardly a new alliance because we've seen it happen before with phraktos. It is more a group of command who hire some mercenaries who fight for their own ranks and glory. It's obvious that you see EXACTLY the same problems in absolute as you saw in phraktos 2 rounds ago.

When you're winning battles etc then no doubt you can do well, but once you're on the receiving end, it goes downhill pretty fast and pple will start to leave to other places where they think they can protect their OWN roids better.

I know what it is to have mercenaries in your alliance who mainly care about personal glory. But it is not an alliance if you group such pple together and play under 1 name.

Then to answer to the question for this thread, an alliance imo is dead when it quit playing. There's a difference between defeated and dead ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 01:35   #11
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets see some people were kicked from being inactive, a few kicked because they never attacked with the alliance they just came to look for defence, those same people were kicked because they didnt defend either. Id much rather have 20 people who are dedicated and in there to help out instead of 93 people who do not lift a finger. New alliances have to work the kinks out. I mean if ya wanna look at it on paper, after all the kicks we are still doing better than some alliances which have been around since the early days of planetarion. Either way I am still having fun although this round is incredibly dull fight wise.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 12:10   #12
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

then declare war on some top alliance and it won't be dull anymore?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 12:48   #13
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Please take note that I didn't specify any alliance by name. SO any alliance defending themselves is a suspect.
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 14:20   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Every new alliance has it's problems. Very few work perfectly from the start (1up), the big majority need 1-2 or even more rounds to settle themselves in this game and start functioning as a proper alliance. It involves getting to know each other, identifying spys, inactives and selfish/conflictive players. Absolute are in this process. Maybe this round wasn't as good as they aimed for, but i don't think they are dead.
Speaking from my experience:

Eclipse - Joined when they were first starting out (think there were 20 or so people in the room) - they went off to a flying start, thanks to the great command/officers/memberbase.

Mistu - Joined right at the beginning also (think I was the 10th or so person to join). They had more work to do than Eclipse, but managed it very well and held a top spot for the round. Again, down to the command/officers/memberbase.

1up - Joined a bit later in this one - I think I was probably one of the 50th members to join. As you said, 1up did extremely well. And once again - it was down to good communications, great leadership, and not trying to make things too complicated.

So it doesn't seem to be that hard to start up a new alliance - but if the command isn't proficient, then the rest will fall apart.

A lot of new allainces concentrate on not-so-important stuff like getting private servers sorted, and deciding on little names for each position in command (oh, you can be Military Officer In Charge Of Paper Clip Arrangements!), when they should be getting a decent hierarchy in place and encouraging members to work.

1up never had a private server. We didn't even get forums until a week or two into the round (I think?). We trusted the command, and we didn't need to have constant reassurance things were moving forward.
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 17:27   #15
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

In the old Elysium command room we made a bet about what week this day would come

Since the day is near allow us to share it with you

[22:27] * Now talking in #command
[22:27] * Topic is 'Absolute collapsing: Which week of the round? -1(Racer) 1 2(rat) 3(xto) 4(stif) 5(xxx) 6(d-sun)7(butter) 9 10 || Every Absolute coord in the open(in ticks): Stifler was closest, he wins a muffin (pt54)'

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 17:30   #16
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
Lets see some people were kicked from being inactive, a few kicked because they never attacked with the alliance they just came to look for defence, those same people were kicked because they didnt defend either. Id much rather have 20 people who are dedicated and in there to help out instead of 93 people who do not lift a finger. New alliances have to work the kinks out. I mean if ya wanna look at it on paper, after all the kicks we are still doing better than some alliances which have been around since the early days of planetarion. Either way I am still having fun although this round is incredibly dull fight wise.
And some get kicked becoz of attitude problems heh /me smiles

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 03:18   #17
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I would like to definitively and emphatically deny Chika's implications.

1up is an active dynamic alliance. We may not have the membership of previous rounds or much of an alliance history, but that doesn't mean that we won't finish this round out . Our members are in this game to have fun, and we do. Filthy rumormongering doesn't help anyone, and I flame anyone who says we are are a dying alliance.

*Flame* *Flame* See... I'll do it.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 12:37   #18
Chika

9 1 SiN 37937 73 931.991 68.035.376
10 1 Absolute 34828 65 997.066 64.809.301

Ok so how about now.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 13:57   #19
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

there not out of top 10 yet, when that happens well use your imagination :/ .........
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 14:17   #20
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

sin are just snugglier
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 14:44   #21
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

now its dead

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 14:55   #22
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

what makes you so happy if an alliance is going down? I have never seen Absolute been flaming here or anything, so what's your problem with them?
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 14:59   #23
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
what makes you so happy if an alliance is going down? I have never seen Absolute been flaming here or anything, so what's your problem with them?
Playing Since round 3. I think there are mebbe 3 or 4 people in all of PA that I cannot stand. All of whom happen to be in absolute....
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:28   #24
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

personally, i give em a bit of respect for cleaning up etc, if their leftoer members don`t just jump ship etc next round, maybe they`ll turn out to be more along the lines of decent heh
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:34   #25
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I think the whole point is, they were going on and on about how they weren't going to be a "one hit wonder".

Guess they were right, as they didn't even get a hit.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:45   #26
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

They were good at initing roids Cochese. You gotta give em that hehe.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:46   #27
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waku
now its dead

is this week 3 or 4 ?

4 aint it?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:47   #28
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I think the whole point is, they were going on and on about how they weren't going to be a "one hit wonder".

Guess they were right, as they didn't even get a hit.
and that they werent phraktos 2

yet we are seeing the same symptoms

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:48   #29
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

week 4
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:50   #30
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
week 4
sweet, i won the ex-ely command bet in both areas

[22:27] * Now talking in #command
[22:27] * Topic is 'Absolute collapsing: Which week of the round? -1(Racer) 1 2(rat) 3(xto) 4(stif) 5(xxx) 6(d-sun)7(butter) 9 10 || Every Absolute coord in the open(in ticks): Stifler was closest, he wins a muffin (pt54)

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 23:44   #31
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

I would name them phraktos 3.

Phraktos died/disbanded twice iirc.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 03:14   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

They did? I didnt notice