User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 08:53   #1
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts
Arrow Prizes for Top Players

Currently, only the top 3 planets of each round are getting individual rewards(1 credit per each). I've been thinking since forever that this is hardly fair. I do understand, however, that giving too many credits away considering the small player base, is not a good option either. So, here's what I'm proposing.

TOP PLAYERS, BASED ON SCORE:
#1 - Credit + 15% increased RP or CU startup bonus for next round.
#2 - Credit + 12.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#3 - Credit + 10% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#4 - 9% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#5 - 8.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#6 - 8% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#7 - 7.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#8 - 7% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#9 - 6.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#10 - 6% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#11 - 5.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#12 - 5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#13 - 4.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#14 - 4% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#15 - 3.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#16 - 3% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#17 - 2.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#18 - 2% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#19 - 1.5% increased RP or CU startup bonus.
#20 - 1% increased RP or CU startup bonus.

So, for example, you have ended up the last round 10th, you get +6% on ur RP or CU startup bonus for next round. Can only pick one of them. This way we have 20 spots providing a significant bonus for next round and it's really worth fighting for them, rather than supporting the 5 planets fighting for top3. After all, those that get into top20 have worked as hard as the top 3 planets and deserve some recognition. (yeah, I've famously missed top 3 on several occasions, I can clearly relate here).

TOP PLAYERS, BASED ON VALUE:
#1 - 15% increased Resources startup bonus.
#2 - 12.5% increased Resources startup bonus.
#3 - 10% increased Resources startup bonus.
#4 - 7.5% increased Resources startup bonus.
#5 - 5% increased Resources startup bonus.

Keeping value is not an easy thing to do, although it's often not enough for a top-placed finish. I still think those really good at it, should get some recognition for their efforts. (Could be nerfed since on most occasions the top 5 value planets end up top20 too, still worth a reward in someway).

TOP PLAYERS, BASED ON XP
#1 - 2000 RP startup bonus.
#2 - 1500 RP startup bonus.
#3 - 1000 RP startup bonus.

XP players can be annoying, but that said, playing an effective XP planet require quite some skills. And the bonus as RP rather than CU is a fitting reward for their efforts.

TOP SCANNERS
#1 - 2500 CU startup bonus.
#2 - 2000 CU startup bonus.
#3 - 1500 CU startup bonus.

Support planets are the backbone of any good alliance out there. And the best of them deserve some recognition.

TOP COVERT OPERATIONS
#1 - 1500 RP startup bonus.
#2 - 1000 RP startup bonus.
#3 - 500 RP startup bonus.

Covert Operations can be very useful in certain situation, hence I think those really good at it should get some reward for their efforts. (Debatable if it should be given to those with most completed operations or those with highest success rate).

Best Roid Capper of the Round: 1500 RP startup bonus.

What am I trying to achieve with these changes?
To reward more than 3 players for their efforts during the round and motivate them before going into the next one.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 09:11   #2
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Re: Prizes for Top Players

I approve of this change.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 09:20   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think the people who are already winning need any more help winning more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 09:32   #4
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I don't think the people who are already winning need any more help winning more.
Only 2 players in the last 2 rounds were top20 on both occasions (LukeyLove and Turjake), so I don't find that argument valid.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 09:38   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

It's like having the winner of the Premier League start the new season 3 points ahead of the rest.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 09:50   #6
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
It's like having the winner of the Premier League start the new season 3 points ahead of the rest.
No, it's giving a reward depending on one's performance. They are doing the same thing, just give more money.

r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 09:57   #7
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
It’s not. It’s like giving them £100m prize so they have an even better chance of winning.

I’d like to see some more prizes for random events:
- most roids lost
- biggest XP land
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 10:00   #8
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
It’s not. It’s like giving them £100m prize so they have an even better chance of winning.

I’d like to see some more prizes for random events:
- most roids lost
- biggest XP land
I thought about those too. Didn't want to push it too much though
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 10:50   #9
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I vote in favour.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 11:10   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'm against the idea. Each new round should give the same chances at the start to every (paying) player.
if you want to boost some players, you should help those who finished last. That would give them an incentive to play again.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 11:39   #11
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
I'm against the idea. Each new round should give the same chances at the start to every (paying) player.
if you want to boost some players, you should help those who finished last. That would give them an incentive to play again.
So, people are not rewarded based on their efforts and performance, but on how much they underperformed? Makes no sense to me. The idea of having a competition is that a group of people fight to win and deserve some reward depending on their score at the end. I'm just proposing to widen the group of rewarded from 3 players to a lot more. And, if you calculate, it's not some huge kind of bonus, rather a motivational one. And it works only for the next round.

A good addition to this is to have each rewarded players from rounds marked somehow in the Universe/Galaxy pages. In that way, you won't know who exactly it is, but you will know he received a small boost to his startup bonus. The perks of being a top 20 player.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 11:55   #12
Makhil

There's only 1 winner and he's already rewarded.
You want to reward people who lost, that doesn't make more sense than my proposal.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 12:03   #13
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

I love this!!!

Creates a real purpose for aiming for those top spots !

And even better encourages the top players to go hard the next round.

Lots of guys go hard 1 round then dip out the next

Awesome suggestion

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 12:26   #14
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
There's only 1 winner and he's already rewarded.
You want to reward people who lost, that doesn't make more sense than my proposal.
That's how most sports work and I see no reason why Planetarion should be any different. We can't reward everyone with credits, hence this is the way to go.

Thanks, @CBA! Good point too!
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 12:31   #15
Makhil

PA is not a sport, it's a wargame.
You can put it anyway you want, i hate the idea of giving an advantage to anyone for the following round.
If you want to have rewards so much for finishing 15th, find something that wont impact the next round.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 12:35   #16
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
PA is not a sport, it's a wargame.
You can put it anyway you want, i hate the idea of giving an advantage to anyone for the following round.
If you want to have rewards so much for finishing 15th, find something that wont impact the next round.
You didn't even calc how much the reward for finishing 15th would be, did you? Planetarion is a competition, if you want to put it that way, you need to motivate the players to perform, rather than supporting 5 people for top spots half of the round. Not to mention that score is hardly the only field in which Planetarion players deserve recognition. I don't see you proposing anything constructive.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 12:42   #17
Makhil

That's your point of view, excuse me to disagree and to find that the current rewards are good enough.
I don't play for a reward but to have a fun time with my gals and ally mates.
When you make a good suggestion like the reflective tech, i applaud.
But this one is a no for me.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:04   #18
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
That's your point of view, excuse me to disagree and to find that the current rewards are good enough.
I don't play for a reward but to have a fun time with my gals and ally mates.
When you make a good suggestion like the reflective tech, i applaud.
But this one is a no for me.
It's Ok to disagree, not everyone shares the same point of view anyway. Good day to you
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:21   #19
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road

Interesting suggestion that definitely triggers the right sorts of conversations about more tangible presence flowing between rounds.

I think it's right to give people a reason to care about those ranks, but not to give the winners an edge. The edge is laughingly small based on the above, but in PA these tiny variables can be capitalized into some momentum.

I'd be more interested in seeing some form of cross-round ranking or hall of fame, either based on all rounds from X point or based on the last 5 rounds akin to the coefficient used in Champions League seeding.

It seems madness that we have all the data, but we aren't using it to provide motivation to play across rounds and not do some last week dramatic crash.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:25   #20
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:36   #21
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Only 2 players in the last 2 rounds were top20 on both occasions (LukeyLove and Turjake), so I don't find that argument valid.

As I already posted above. Most top players go for one solid round and take the next one slightly or completely off. Barely anyone maintains the same level of activity for two or three rounds. Maybe I should've calced how much the bonus would be rather than giving percentages, I think too many people don't calc before commenting. It's a system to motivate people to aim for top20 and to keep that level of performance, rather than giving an "edge". An edge would be to give the winner 10k CU or RP. He is getting 1200 as we speak.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:41   #22
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
Interesting suggestion that definitely triggers the right sorts of conversations about more tangible presence flowing between rounds.

I think it's right to give people a reason to care about those ranks, but not to give the winners an edge. The edge is laughingly small based on the above, but in PA these tiny variables can be capitalized into some momentum.

I'd be more interested in seeing some form of cross-round ranking or hall of fame, either based on all rounds from X point or based on the last 5 rounds akin to the coefficient used in Champions League seeding.

It seems madness that we have all the data, but we aren't using it to provide motivation to play across rounds and not do some last week dramatic crash.
Agreed about the hall of fame, that's a good thing to have.

However, I disagree about the first part of your post. Most of those tiny variables can be compensated with a bit more activity and dedication, don't think any of these bonuses would somewhat give a player a real advantage over the others. They key is to keep the players motivated and to aim higher. Too many people end top 20 and feel disappointed because they were way behind the top 3, I don't think that's right. They deserve a recognition too. Same goes for best scanners and covoppers. We just tend to ignore their efforts. The best they can hope for is a mention at EoRC.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 15:05   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's even more abusable than the original idea. At least finishing top 20 is hard:

"Well, shit, not even top 100 this round, and it's tick 1100. Time to crash my fleet away so I have a better chance next round."

"Alright, guys, we didn't get ally win this round. Time to waste our value so we start with a bonus next time."

Or even: "Meh, I don't really feel like playing this round, but I'll log in once a week to keep a shitty 0 roid planet alive for next round."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
But you propose to increase that number by giving players who did well one round a bonus in the next. I don't think that's a good idea.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 15:38   #24
Alezzar
Bibliophile

I don’t think that’s going to happen as the competition for top20 will get a lot more intense and the offered bonus some players might have from the previous round will unlikely prove to be decisive. On the other hand, the proposed change will make a lot of players keep fighting to the end rather then give up when they figure out top3 is not doable, which is the case sometimes atm.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 16:14   #25
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:

I really do admire your intelligence here Lukey.....

I support all of the above

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 17:00   #26
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Lukey

I suggested that here: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201404

I concur, there should be an overall leadership ranking of sorts. Also once your nick is tied to a login, that’s your nick... round on round.

Edit: I didn’t articulate it as well as you but this is due to my significantly lower IQ...
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 20:45   #27
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:

This ^^

I would sort the passport out so it creates a detailed profile of each player (rank/score/xp/race preffered etc..) so you can chekc out your favourite pa player or brag to your mates - medals and shizz awarded to go on your page for planet ranks/ally wins/ top gals and other randomcrap like def fleets sent, attack fleets, scans, you name im sure can think of loads.

Winner of PA should get a mug and 3 credits, 2nd place gets 2 credits, 3rd place gets 1 credit - top ally gets 6 credits and top gal gets 4 credits. That is all that is needed in actual hard currency rewards. Also Allcomp tag shit shoudl be stopped as we all use TG now except ND
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 20:50   #28
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
I could just say that I don't find your argument valid - but I won't. I just disagree with your proposal.

Speaking of invalid arguments:
Quote:
As I already posted above. Most top players go for one solid round and take the next one slightly or completely off. Barely anyone maintains the same level of activity for two or three rounds.
Do you really think that offering such players a few extra RP would make them try harder?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 20:53   #29
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
good post
This sounds more like it. A new round should be a fresh start.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 21:09   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
passport
Ahh, 2009, where did you go.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 21:13   #31
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Speaking of invalid arguments:
Do you really think that offering such players a few extra RP would make them try harder?
So a few extra RP/CU aren’t not enough to motivate, yet are too big of an advantage. Double standard at their best.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 21:14   #32
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
This ^^

I would sort the passport out so it creates a detailed profile of each player (rank/score/xp/race preffered etc..) so you can chekc out your favourite pa player or brag to your mates - medals and shizz awarded to go on your page for planet ranks/ally wins/ top gals and other randomcrap like def fleets sent, attack fleets, scans, you name im sure can think of loads.

Winner of PA should get a mug and 3 credits, 2nd place gets 2 credits, 3rd place gets 1 credit - top ally gets 6 credits and top gal gets 4 credits. That is all that is needed in actual hard currency rewards. Also Allcomp tag shit shoudl be stopped as we all use TG now except ND
Increasing the given credits is hardly helping PA, hence my proposition.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 21:24   #33
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
So a few extra RP/CU aren’t not enough to motivate, yet are too big of an advantage. Double standard at their best.
No one said that they were a big advantage - just a (small) step in a wrong direction.
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 22:37   #34
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Increasing the given credits is hardly helping PA, hence my proposition.
Your proposed reward isnt worth the effort, sorry. Do i want to graft a whole round for 7 ticks of RP at tick 1? No.

Do i want 3 more paid rounds and bloody 'I won Rd74 and Appoco spoke to me!' mug? Hell yes!
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 22:43   #35
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Ahh, 2009, where did you go.
As far as im aware its still there in the code gathering information about everyone who plays PA. It would be such a nice thing to have your account history stored in one linkable area with awards and trophies et al to show off (or in some peoples case put on your CV). This is one thing i really wish PA had actually finished and done properly. Shame on them.

Also Allezaar, giving every a small incentive to play well does nothing, giving everyone the chance at a big reward makes them scramble to get it
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 22:48   #36
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Your proposed reward isnt worth the effort, sorry. Do i want to graft a whole round for 7 ticks of RP at tick 1? No.

Do i want 3 more paid rounds and bloody 'I won Rd74 and Appoco spoke to me!' mug? Hell yes!
If you win r74 i'll get a you a mug myself!

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 23:06   #37
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
As far as im aware its still there in the code gathering information about everyone who plays PA. It would be such a nice thing to have your account history stored in one linkable area with awards and trophies et al to show off (or in some peoples case put on your CV). This is one thing i really wish PA had actually finished and done properly. Shame on them.

Also Allezaar, giving every a small incentive to play well does nothing, giving everyone the chance at a big reward makes them scramble to get it
There’s no big award and it won’t be. And imagine the outcry if I proposed bigger bonuses, my god.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 00:16   #38
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
There’s no big award and it won’t be. And imagine the outcry if I proposed bigger bonuses, my god.
What does your suggestion provide that mine doesn't?
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 00:18   #39
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
If you win r74 i'll get a you a mug myself!
I'd have to play it first!
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 02:38   #40
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

How about mandatory bonus roids for finishing top 10 at the start of next round...that way its a burden and a benefit.
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 05:48   #41
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
What does your suggestion provide that mine doesn't?
The idea was to reward a wider group of people based on their efforts, not just the top 3.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 08:46   #42
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
The idea was to reward a wider group of people based on their efforts, not just the top 3.
You want to award mediocrity? give everyone 100 RP for participation. If there is no drive to better yourself and prizes are handed out for not really trying then what is the point in trying at all. You need to make the prizes at the top better so people push harder to obtain them, not dilute the prizes so everyone just turns up and gets something.
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 08:53   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
How about mandatory bonus roids for finishing top 10 at the start of next round...that way its a burden and a benefit.
I like the idea of bonus roids
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 08:57   #44
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

what about starting to give penalty to cheaters and alliacnes that house cheaters.
Let all Ultores planets start with -1k RP/CP on all planet after having Zwansdick around and cheating this long
Apprime gets -2k for having brazil and elviz

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 08:58   #45
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
You want to award mediocrity? give everyone 100 RP for participation. If there is no drive to better yourself and prizes are handed out for not really trying then what is the point in trying at all. You need to make the prizes at the top better so people push harder to obtain them, not dilute the prizes so everyone just turns up and gets something.
You mean to say that top 20 is everyone? And top 20 = mediocrity? Are you even for real?

I didn't propose bigger rewards as you can see people already raging about this being a HUGE EDGE over the others. How and why - completely beyond me.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 10:17   #46
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
You mean to say that top 20 is everyone? And top 20 = mediocrity? Are you even for real?

I didn't propose bigger rewards as you can see people already raging about this being a HUGE EDGE over the others. How and why - completely beyond me.

Yes I do. If you finishing behind 19 other people is success and you showed be given a reward for it, then you are deluded to what actual success is
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 10:30   #47
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Yes I do. If you finishing behind 19 other people is success and you showed be given a reward for it, then you are deluded to what actual success is
I'm just going to ignore this.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 10:52   #48
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
I'm just going to ignore this.
Because the reality of people definition of success doesn't fit with yours so you are going to pay no attention?

Why did you ask for input then?
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 11:00   #49
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Quote:
Because the reality of people definition of success doesn't fit with yours so you are going to pay no attention?

Why did you ask for input then?
Simply because our views on the definition of success are completely different and this is not leading towards anything. You basically want to increase rewarding for the 3 top players and I want more than 3 players to be rewarded each round. Two different points of views, that's it.

Thanks for the input.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 11:31   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
That's rich, coming from someone who just attempted to provide a definition of "what actual success is".

But regardless, you don't think the #20 should be rewarded, fine, but the exact number '20' is hardly the point of this thread.
Closed Thread