User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 20:34   #51
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
Re: AD mods

I think a look through mz's old posts would be a good enough cv for being a moderator.

No I am not Asc and never have been.

A moderator should be objective and have the entire communities interests at heart, mz has made consistently good posts on this forum to show this.

So he's also Asc, so what? More power to Asc for not being childish and banning members from posting. Which ultimately leads to players who add more to the (forum) community rather than those not given a chance to and so never do.

It's no slight on mz here, but the pool may not have been that big to choose from :/

Can't think of a but....

Good luck!
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:02   #52
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
I like the way Lok just "decided" to select a new mod and such without consulting the actual 'community'.
We have never appointed anyone who openly wanted to be a mod. Because that suggests they are after the power, rather than the responsibility. This is why we don't consult the community.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:22   #53
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
We have never appointed anyone who openly wanted to be a mod. Because that suggests they are after the power, rather than the responsibility. This is why we don't consult the community.
There was however that time when Kal put out an appeal to get moderators
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:23   #54
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Alliance HC's: don't ban your members from posting
Players: don't be ashamed to post on AD, if at first you run into some flaming etc etc, don't give up but keep on posting.
I agree with your post, but I do have to point out your siggy;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience
Rather fitting for AD

It does not stop me from posting, so the bar is not really set that high!
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:37   #55
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
There was however that time when Kal put out an appeal to get moderators
Not on this forum you won't.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:49   #56
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Im for mz being mod and im sure he will do an amazing job

im only worried that the overall quality of asc posts will be cut in half without mz as it will only be us asc goons who are posting

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 01:15   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I will not stop posting just because I'm also a moderator now.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 02:40   #58
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I will not stop posting just because I'm also a moderator now.
I was getting my hopes up
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 02:44   #59
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Surely with asc mods your going to get the reverse of biased towards and get biased against asc posts, because the back of the mind they'll be looking at posts and thinking if i dont mod this it will appear i am being biased !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL

Last edited by Mistwraith; 10 Apr 2009 at 02:45. Reason: surprise surprise i cant spell
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 06:50   #60
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
By sending everyone like you a textbook on "how to argue your position".
Written by a Mr YOUAREFKNGWRONG BECAUSEISAIDSO

Edit: Allthough i would suggest, after seeing the quality of some posts early round (maybe the r30 thread?) that perhaps mz isnt as angelic as appears thought, i do agree that he is one of PAforums more eloquent and intelligent posters and appears capable of doing a good job.

Congratulations on being selected to mod.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 10 Apr 2009 at 07:16.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 07:26   #61
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

congratz Mz.

I dont really think its an issue what alliance the mods are, Although as Mz said, i would also like it if there was a way to make mod'ing more transparent. So that if my post is deleted or moved, i get a message.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 10:16   #62
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So if 10 people applied for the post you wouldn't consider them because they're all power hungry?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 10:32   #63
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Just as a quick reminder, and correct me if I'm wrong. Was it or was it not mz who actually stated something similar to, whats the point in having mods on the forums if we cant use them?. I believe that was said in Ascendancy and the log was thrown around forums.

I have no doubt about mz' ability to mod the forums. I only query the fact that without this extra mod from a non ascendancy alliances, it will only further distance possible posters from the Alliance Discussions forum.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 10:44   #64
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Just as a quick reminder, and correct me if I'm wrong. Was it or was it not mz who actually stated something similar to, whats the point in having mods on the forums if we cant use them?. I believe that was said in Ascendancy and the log was thrown around forums.

I have no doubt about mz' ability to mod the forums. I only query the fact that without this extra mod from a non ascendancy alliances, it will only further distance possible posters from the Alliance Discussions forum.
I think it may have been me, yes. I think it's hilarious you take that serious.

[edit]Can't find the log, but it does sound like something I could've said!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 10:45   #65
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Not saying I take it serious at all. However other people reading these boards who dont know you and dont know Ascendancy may, and thats the problem.

Unread 10 Apr 2009, 10:59   #66
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it may have been me, yes. I think it's hilarious you take that serious.

[edit]Can't find the log, but it does sound like something I could've said!
It doesnt have to be said seriously, the fact remains that you said it and that reflects bad on you while also adding the 'Asc Biased' argument already on these forums.

It also doesnt help when the mod making the choice, claims it wasnt biased as he asked JBG for his advice?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 11:07   #67
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
It doesnt have to be said seriously, the fact remains that you said it and that reflects bad on you while also adding the 'Asc Biased' argument already on these forums.

It also doesnt help when the mod making the choice, claims it wasnt biased as he asked JBG for his advice?
Light seems to understand where I'm coming from. I trust JBG's judgement to a certain degree but sometimes one cannot help but show some form of favour to one of their own..

Unread 10 Apr 2009, 11:20   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You are all banned for questioning my superiority.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 11:29   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
You are all banned for questioning my superiority.
You chip off the old block.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 13:04   #70
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Who was he supposed to ask other than a past AD mod?
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 13:34   #71
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

This is a great ****ing point. If you've got good posters let them post on AD. If people are an embarrassment, you can always ask people not to post. I'd love to have heard more from CT and Omen last round.

Omen actually had quite a few players who posted actively last round. I never told any of them to stop posting. I actually wish more bothered to post, and if they wanted to know more about what was going on, I d also like for more people in my alliance to actually pm me and have a chat.

Its important that people participate in this community, more than just idling in 1-2 irc chans with people they have known for years, and send out an attack fleet every night, or 2.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:06   #72
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I see no reason why Light cant be a forum mod. If were gonna have 2, why not have 3, with a touch more neutrality?

There are other people to be suggested, but i dare say JBG would have another stroke

Edit: I dont agree with alot of her points, but the ego disease appears to have not struck her yet.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:18   #73
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I see no reason why Light cant be a forum mod. If were gonna have 2, why not have 3, with a touch more neutrality?

There are other people to be suggested, but i dare say JBG would have another stroke

Edit: I dont agree with alot of her points, but the ego disease appears to have not struck her yet.
Does light know the community well enough? Is that a good thing if so? it might very well be! shes active and she has her own opinions! God knows I got some whine in omen about her, but overall I like her! <3 light, one of my best recruits for last round!

edit: If my ego wasnt as big as ( something very big ) and if I mastered the english language a bit better, and if I wasnt an absolute **** which is very selfcentered and make too many shit posts, I would have been one for the job also! too bad I fail in like all criterias cept 2. activity and not being asc

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:27   #74
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I see no reason why Light cant be a forum mod.
JungleMuffin there are 2 1's before April, april fools day was 10 days ago man
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:28   #75
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:

I got labelled as 'Bitter' from afew Asc people so im seen as Biased, even though non of my posts are directly anti-Asc (that i remember) and saying multiple times that i'd prefer Asc to win (If Omen couldnt) and the fact that a large portion of the time i seen to be arguing the opposite of what JBG is saying .

tbh, i dont agree with afew of my points.. Some of the time i just put in the counter argument when no-one else is doing it (i.e. try to debate on the side of the new player or less active player).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Does light know the community well enough? Is that a good thing if so? it might very well be! shes active and she has her own opinions!
I dont really know the community tbh, if you ask me which alliance a random poster was.. I couldnt tell you with certainty. I didnt even realise lokken was/is Asc? but does that really matter when your responsibility is to clean up the mess/delete abusive posts/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
God knows I got some whine in omen about her, but overall I like her! <3 light, one of my best recruits for last round!
I presume most of the whine you got about me, was due to me whining at them first for doing something crap
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:33   #76
lokken
BlueTuba

I refuse to appoint a moderator who is clearly less able to do the job for political expediency (this is no slight on Light but a mere reflection on mz being the clear stand out choice). I would rather rocks thrown at me for alleged bias than appoint someone who I appointed for a quiet life and in favour of someone obviously more capable.

I have been at pains to explain my decision. I asked PA team if they thought I made a good choice. I asked the moderating team. I asked two former AD mods if they thought it was the best choice.

Political pressure to try and get a mod on board who you think might favour you is silliness in itself, because quite honestly, the point is that we don't do bias. If anything my main target of my general rage this round has been Ascendancy, I favour absolutely nobody. mz will be exactly the same.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:37   #77
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

A proper mod would close the thread and any threads relating to the topic and declare you were right and not take any crap...

...it ain't like the olds days...
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:41   #78
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I presume most of the whine you got about me, was due to me whining at them first for doing something crap
or cause youre annoying

either or....

#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:46   #79
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Political pressure to try and get a mod on board who you think might favour you is silliness in itself, because quite honestly, the point is that we don't do bias. If anything my main target of my general rage this round has been Ascendancy, I favour absolutely nobody. mz will be exactly the same.
I dont see how selecting Light to mod, is a slight, in any way, shape or form, on mz's ability to moderate these forums. Just because Light may not be up to the same standard as mz, it doesnt mean she isnt beneficial.

I believe its in the forum's interest to have moderators who are able to look at the situations from different perspectives. As much as yourself and mz are clearly different personalities, i do feel it is a case of "same shit, different stink."

Afaic, this has absolutely nothing to do with Asc, and more to do with enabling these forums to become much more diverse. Imo, this can only benefit the forums.

Furthermore, i dont see any problem with having another mod. In certain situations where yourself and mz cant see eye to eye on something, it could be positive to have someone to break the deadlock.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:46   #80
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I've hardly heard about Light before, and in all honesty, anyone with a forum account that got created for less than 6 months ago should not be forum mod.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:51   #81
[JungleMuffin]

As one of the many users on these forums, i feel we should have a choice with regards to who does/doesnt call the shots. A forum dictatorship is not something i, and surely many others, appreciate.

I feel the forum users should have a say in who moderates, if we are to accept their authority.

On much the same note, shouldnt the rules be something the community as a whole decides to adhere to, as opposed to something forced upon them?
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 19:12   #82
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I've hardly heard about Light before, and in all honesty, anyone with a forum account that got created for less than 6 months ago should not be forum mod.
And why not? I don't see what when you registered a forum account has to do with anything.
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 19:31   #83
CBA
Mind-boggling

Lokken you can close the thread now. I started this thread for some debate on deciding if a mod outside of Ascendancy should be used to increase this forums success, i.e. keeping posters/adding posters, etc. However no-one as far as I can tell has stepped up to the job. And there also seems to be alot of support for mz. I still feel another mod outside of Ascendancy would be appropriate but I dont see how anything else can be gained from this thread. Oh well, bad times.. I'm sure someone will come along soon enough

Unread 11 Apr 2009, 19:46   #84
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Lokken you can close the thread now.
you could always ask mz to close it
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 20:00   #85
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator View Post
you could always ask mz to close it
hypocrite I would become.

Unread 11 Apr 2009, 20:22   #86
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Congratulations mz.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Unread 11 Apr 2009, 20:49   #87
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I dont see how selecting Light to mod, is a slight, in any way, shape or form, on mz's ability to moderate these forums. Just because Light may not be up to the same standard as mz, it doesnt mean she isnt beneficial.
Light may be one for the future, but right now, no one is under consideration.

Quote:
I believe its in the forum's interest to have moderators who are able to look at the situations from different perspectives. As much as yourself and mz are clearly different personalities, i do feel it is a case of "same shit, different stink."
That's why we appoint the people we do. I have played at every level of the game from rookie, to HC'ing a newbie alliance, turned into a middling one, to winning alliances and the like. I feel mz is capable of thinking in the same way. Consistently make good posts as mz has done, or I did a long time ago or anyone else, then maybe you get considered.

Quote:
Afaic, this has absolutely nothing to do with Asc, and more to do with enabling these forums to become much more diverse. Imo, this can only benefit the forums.

Furthermore, i dont see any problem with having another mod. In certain situations where yourself and mz cant see eye to eye on something, it could be positive to have someone to break the deadlock.
I do, if they aren't ready to do the job yet. From my perspective I want a safe pair of hands to look after ad when i'm not around - I've got just that. PA team agree with that. The moderator admins agree.

And once again - there is no deadlock, because we are not biased anyway and our alliances have nothing to do with how we moderate.

Last edited by lokken; 11 Apr 2009 at 20:54.
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 02:00   #88
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Will Ascendancy be making their new forum rules public since the deletion/editting of posts atm is becoming somewhat bizarre or will they just be enforced at Ascendancy's discression?
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 02:15   #89
Centronic

Centronic has a spectacular aura aboutCentronic has a spectacular aura about

Hi! my name is Centronic, or my alias is atleast! And I recognize this forum to be ascendancy property!
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 02:21   #90
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
Will Ascendancy be making their new forum rules public since the deletion/editting of posts atm is becoming somewhat bizarre or will they just be enforced at Ascendancy's discression?
It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it get the hose again.
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 10:13   #91
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
When I have a day in to write them - yes. We are not using any new rules, because I haven't written them up yet so have no idea of their exact form yet.

The precise post you refer to was deemed unnecessarily aggressive by mz, so it was deleted. If deleting one of your posts is going to lead to some kind of crusade against the moderators, it's going to become rather tiresome.
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 13:33   #92
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Achilles again.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:48   #93
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I for one welcome our new overlord.
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 11:30   #94
[JungleMuffin]

Ironic, considering the sig
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 11:39   #95
lokken
BlueTuba

Good post to finish the thread.