User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Aug 2006, 13:47   #51
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: tv-shows

I watched a few episodes of Deadwood, which seems to be nice, except that I hardly understand a word :/
Not sure about Eureka yet, I saw the Pilot yesterday, yould become good, could become total crap
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 14:22   #52
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm glad I'm not the only one completely in love with Deadwood.

I'm currently working my way through Series 3, which is even better than Series 2.

Its one of the few shows on TV that I will go out of my way to watch, its so gritty, violent and down right evil in places it warms my cold heart*

* and my cold bed when I ejaculate thinking about Ian McShane.
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 15:02   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i actually quite enjoy series 1. although i think it's more of a cuddly blanket kind of thing as opposed to high regard for it's comical value :/
captain flashheart is the only thing i liked about black adder goes forth. it just feels tired and damp compared to 2&3, less colourful (yeah i know it's WW2). bladrick's jokes seem a bit laboured and hugh laurie's character is forever in the shadow of the welsh prince.
at least that's how i remember it. it just didn't like it
A lot of the humour is more formulaic in BGF, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad; extended metaphors don't really make up much of an episode.

Oh, and the prince isn't welsh. He's German by descent, from the House of Hanover. He's just the prince of wales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
explain the planes!!!
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWRFC.htm
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 15:16   #54
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Anyway is there something in particular that’s putting you off?
I didn't like any of the characters. I didn't expect to like Veronica particularly (Buffy is probably one of the weaker of the four main characters, despite SMG's stellat efforts) but every single character on VM left me non-plussed. It might be they get better in later episodes, but from what I've seen they're all thoroughly unlikable have very little screen presence and I'm not crazy about their acting skills either. Buffy's characters (even more so than it's excellent writing) are what save the show from being just another banal American action show.
Quote:
As for “How I Met Your Mother” if you think it’s awful you clearly haven’t seen many of the 3 Camera Sitcoms.
Maybe I have but the fact they're generally awful as well doesn't save this show from being shit either? True, I've not analysed whether it's actually worse than Will & Grace or Joey but that seems besides the point.

Even if we're comparing this show only to other three-camera shows then this still does extraordinarily poorly against things like Seinfeld or (the good bits of) Red Dwarf.
Quote:
Since Friends (Which itself wasn’t exactly stellar in its later seasons)
Friends was almost entirely diabolically bad. Yes, the earlier seasons were better than the latter, but only in the sense a punch in the face is better than being stabbed in the groin.
Quote:
Alyson Hannigan as Lilly is also excellent
The only reason I watched this show was so I could get to see Alyson Hannigan. I felt embarrassed and ashamed for her most of the time I was watching it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 18:00   #55
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lost restarts soon.
Battlestar Galactica does too, for the military sci-fi geeks among us.
Top Gear has finished but is well worth looking at (by which i mean buy the dvds ofc)
Seconding the motion for The Shield, as it is indeed awesome.

I'm thinking about getting Ultimate Force as it's kind of like the Shield but in the British military and I keep bloody missing it on TV.
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 18:20   #56
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lost premieres October 4th. Can't wait.

24 doesn't restart until January though
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 20:54   #57
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

I can heartily recommend The 4400.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 21:05   #58
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
I can heartily recommend The 4400.
I can too now I've watched all the episodes in a very short space of time
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 21:15   #59
Vikman
F-crew HC

Vikman is on a distinguished road

These are the shows I'm going to be watching this fall:
Lost
House
Veronica Mars (wakey got me hooked on this)

I'm really into House atm. The way season 2 ended leaves a lot up in the air and the previews for season 3 are great.
From seeing an interview with Kristen Bell(Veronica Mars), this season is suppose to be less complicated with maybe just a couple main story lines.
[email protected]
Vikman is offline   Reply With Quote