User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 11:17   #1
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Who slaps the slappers?

Yes ladies and gentlemen, God has been found and is circulating the internet. Tables turned on the happy slappers. hopefully there will be a wave of people doing this.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...137321,00.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Pe6...pper%20slapped

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 11:55   #2
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Who slaps the slappers?

oh my god thats ****ing awesome
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:03   #3
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Thats fake.

As if his camera man "friend" wouldnt attempt to help him, but instead film his motionless body.

Poor effort
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:27   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

well if some muppet tried to give me a happy slap i would have top be pulled off him,
fair play to the slapped for decking him

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 15:38   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

mmmm isn't he pretty.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:42   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Coverage of the phenomenon in the press has been mirrored by constant chatter in internet chatrooms and on online message boards.

Some attackers post messages boasting of their slaps, some request new footage to be sent via e-mail.

Others condemn the craze. “Try that in Liverpool,” wrote one correspondent, “theyed (sic) be lucky to get out the city alive.”
I like the way they make it sound like this is an issue which there is reasonable debate over, like the war in Iraq or something.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:50   #7
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

According to my flatmate, when seen on a higher resolution it looks incredibly fake. Fair play if it is real though.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 18:18   #8
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

These incidents aren't the first. A guy got happy slapped on the bus I was on last week. The guy then took out a cricket bat from his cricket bag and smashed the happy slapper's head against the bus window. Blood spured out. Quite cool before we had to be taken off and had police questioning everyone although I disappeared, better things to do with my time.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:36   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

If you meet the guy with the cricket bat again, Androme2, please send him my regards.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:38   #10
ilh
I forgot how to play:(

ilh has a spectacular aura aboutilh has a spectacular aura about

hi
8:38:8 ilh of Planet Bah!
35:24:24 The-Revenant of The-Returned
36:5:16 FuSBuS of moooooncheeeeese
6:5:23 Penfold of Crumbs!
19:19:19 Ozymandias of king of kings
26:23:2 Master Samwise of Bagshot Row
2:22:1 Huan of Hound Dog
20:6:10 The Kinslayers of Alqualondë
50:4:2 The Strokes of Is This It?
38:9:9 Memories of Everything of Lemon Trees on Mercury
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:42   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilh
hi
Hello ilh, you only have 5 posts, are you 'new here' ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:48   #12
ilh
I forgot how to play:(

ilh has a spectacular aura aboutilh has a spectacular aura about

no :-)
started round 1. And made more than 5 posts. Just haven't been here since about round 10 :]

I was mainly posting to see my sig cos i couldn't remember my last planet name and what round i might have stopped at. My memory is bad:/
8:38:8 ilh of Planet Bah!
35:24:24 The-Revenant of The-Returned
36:5:16 FuSBuS of moooooncheeeeese
6:5:23 Penfold of Crumbs!
19:19:19 Ozymandias of king of kings
26:23:2 Master Samwise of Bagshot Row
2:22:1 Huan of Hound Dog
20:6:10 The Kinslayers of Alqualondë
50:4:2 The Strokes of Is This It?
38:9:9 Memories of Everything of Lemon Trees on Mercury
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:54   #13
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
These incidents aren't the first. A guy got happy slapped on the bus I was on last week. The guy then took out a cricket bat from his cricket bag and smashed the happy slapper's head against the bus window. Blood spured out. Quite cool before we had to be taken off and had police questioning everyone although I disappeared, better things to do with my time.
Some might call that a slight over-reaction.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:57   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Will do Zhukov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Some might call that a slight over-reaction.
I'd call it a warning message to the happy-slappers.

I carry pepper spray with me in the event of a happy slap, I'll spray them in the eyes, kick them in the balls and run away.
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:00   #15
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I carry pepper spray with me in the event of a happy slap, I'll spray them in the eyes, kick them in the balls and run away.
oh dear oh dear oh dear
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:03   #16
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Hello ilh, you only have 5 posts, are you 'new here' ?
ilh is round1 c8a/round 2 Fury

Know your PA history :eng101:
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:04   #17
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Isn't it illegal to carry pepper spray?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:06   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Thats fake.

As if his camera man "friend" wouldnt attempt to help him, but instead film his motionless body.

Poor effort
I agree that it looks pretty fake. But a happy slapper does not strike me as the most brash and heroic of people, and they just might be scared when somebody retaliates. It's a common trait in youngsters who think they got fighting skills and a mad crew or insane balls, if somebody goes up in their face (especially at higher odds) they just back off.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:07   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Even with their low standards, I'm surprised the Times covered this story.

And yeah, the vide while amusing does look kind of fake.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:07   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
yes.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:08   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to hit people in the face in most circumstances too.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:10   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to hit people in the face in most circumstances too.
two wrongs don't make a right dante.

they just fill up two prison cells instead of one.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:12   #23
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
ilh is round1 c8a/round 2 Fury

Know your PA history :eng101:
who cares about pa tbh :/
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:12   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I didn't mean to imply they did.

(Although in this circumstances I'd say carrying pepper spray wasn't (morally) wrong and retaliation seems reasonable to me but that wasn't the point of my post)
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:13   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply they did.

(Although in this circumstances I'd say carrying pepper spray wasn't (morally) wrong and retaliation seems reasonable to me but that wasn't the point of my post)
then what was the point of your post?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:15   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
then what was the point of your post?
To point out (again) that something being illegal hardly stops something from happening.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:17   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
To point out (again) that something being illegal hardly stops something from happening.
but no one was suggesting otherwise.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:18   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
but no one was suggesting otherwise.
And I wasn't suggesting that anyone was suggesting....and so on.

Would you like to dance?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:20   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
And I wasn't suggesting that anyone was suggesting....and so on.

Would you like to dance?
no.

i'd like to stop you posting banal statements for no obvious reason and no possible value; if i'm allowed to choose something other than dancing that is.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:21   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
if i'm allowed to choose something other than dancing that is.
I'm afraid not.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:23   #31
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I'm afraid not.
you may as well go around spamming threads with such on topic comments as "rain is wet" or "the sun is yellow" or "ice is cold"

you'll become GD's equivalent of a senile old lady.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:34   #32
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to know how happy slapping became a 'trend', if I got happy slapped I'd happy kill them back
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 20:41   #33
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
I'd like to know how happy slapping became a 'trend', if I got happy slapped I'd happy kill them back
the Mirror
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:14   #34
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
It's not illegal for me to retaliate back when my life is in danger. I have a blood disorder so getting hit is a worry and strain on my life because if I bruise, the internal bleeding is unlikely to stop. Therefore, if I was to get happy slapped which I haven't so far (touch-wood) then it'd be a risk to my life (well I know a happy slap wouldn't kill me but I can act dumb).
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:19   #35
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
It's not illegal for me to retaliate back when my life is in danger. I have a blood disorder so getting hit is a worry and strain on my life because if I bruise, the internal bleeding is unlikely to stop. Therefore, if I was to get happy slapped which I haven't so far (touch-wood) then it'd be a risk to my life (well I know a happy slap wouldn't kill me but I can act dumb).
it is not illegal to use reasonable self defense when assaulted.

It is however illegal to carry pepper spray in public and it is illegal to possess pepper spray.

you are under the law as much as everyone else.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:24   #36
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Steven I know how much you enjoy being asked questions about British self-defence laws, and I was curious whether what the guy done in the first video would fall under 'reasonable force'. I would assume punching someone after getting punched is 'reasonable', but then the attacker was walking away at the time so it wasnt really self-defence as such (the situation wasnt likely to escalate further, and it was more retaliation than anything else). Im guessing it would be 'provoked assault' or something equally stupid, but what would be the likely outcome in a court case?

thx xx
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:28   #37
Nodrog

lol I just googled and apparently in australia if you punch someone and they fight back then youre legally entitled to kill them (sort of)
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:29   #38
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Steven I know how much you enjoy being asked questions about British self-defence laws, and I was curious whether what the guy done in the first video would fall under 'reasonable force'. I would assume punching someone after getting punched is 'reasonable', but then the attacker was walking away at the time so it wasnt really self-defence as such (the situation wasnt likely to escalate further, and it was more retaliation than anything else). Im guessing it would be 'provoked assault' or something equally stupid, but what would be the likely outcome in a court case?

thx xx
It's not clear. the man was walking away as you rightly point out. so it's possible a jury would consider it to not be self defense.

however

his defence would argue that in the heat of the moment, having been attacked, the man couldn't be expected to know if he was in any further danger and so he used force to protect himself and prevent further attacks.

somebody mentioned a kick (i couldn't make it out) but if he did kick the man while he was down then that certainly isn't self defense.

provocation is not a defence (although it has a different role to play in murder). it only goes to mitigation of sentence innit.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:31   #39
Nodrog

Quote:
his defence would argue that in the heat of the moment, having been attacked, the man couldn't be expected to know if he was in any further danger and so he used force to protect himself and prevent further attacks.

provocation is not a defence (although it has a different role to play in murder). it only goes to mitigation of sentence innit.
So assuming he never kicked him while he was down, the likely outcome is he'd get charged and probably end up with a criminal record, although the sentence itself wouldnt be as serious as that for an unprovoked assault?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:32   #40
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
So assuming he never kicked him while he was down, the likely outcome is he'd get charged and probably end up with a criminal record, although the sentence itself wouldnt be as serious as an unprovoked assault?
it really depends on the jury. i doubt they like happy slappers much
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:34   #41
Androme
☆ ♥ 

So are you one of those lawyers then Yahwe? I don't check the boards often "innit".
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 23:45   #42
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Looks fake.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 00:03   #43
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

they just fill up two prison cells instead of one.
Might makes right!
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 00:35   #44
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is "innit"?
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 00:39   #45
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
What is "innit"?
It is a 'word' that the common folk in England seem to compusively say at the end of each sentence, sort of how the Aussies compulsively say bloody. Quite why Yahwe has taken to saying it is beyond me.
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 02:20   #46
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
What is "innit"?
innit is my favourite new word

it's like saying Q.E.D. but better and with less latin
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 10:20   #47
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=innit
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 11:48   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yahwe has picked up "innit" off me. It's sweet how impressionable he is :)))
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 12:57   #49
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The use of the word "innit" dates back to the signing of the Magna Carta. A rogueish page boy was travelling through the Castle it was signed in at night (his, and it's, exact names escape me) in order to enact a sexy rendesvous with the King's wife. He happened upon the document and was so impressed by it's potential for impacting on world history that he thought that it most definitely "was" in the most philosophical sense of the word. He wasn't certain if his sentiments were echoed amongst the general populace however so wrote at the end of the document "It is. Is it not? Innit." This was the first recorded usage of the word and it has been popular with the lower classes ever since.
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 13:12   #50
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yahwe has picked up "innit" off me. It's sweet how impressionable he is ))
****ing shocking