User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 May 2009, 03:18   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Mercenaries

Players without alliances could join the Mercenary Guild.
From there they could be contacted by alliances to join them for 24/48/72 ticks in exchange of payment set by the mercenary himself (cash taken from the ally fund) but with a maximum depending on his XP/Value (formulae to be found to prevent abuse).
Mercenaries wouldn't count in alliance score, if an alliance hires the same mercenary 3 times, he becomes part of that alliance.
Alliances who have reached the maximum size could not hire mercenaries.
A mercenary could not be hired by the same alliance twice in a row.

In the guild mercenaries could be listed:
- by race
- by specialty: warrior (FICO, FRDE, CRBS), covopper, scanner
- by price
- by score/value
- by coords

Last edited by Makhil; 2 May 2009 at 03:26.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2009, 06:50   #2
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Mercenaries

I really quite like this dynamic, I think it's very balanced - get paid by alliances to attack for them etc but run the risk of getting no ally defence.
Unread 2 May 2009, 07:03   #3
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I think a few of the details could be a problem, but overall i like the concept of a "gun for hire." I think any attempt to bring non alliance players into the game, encouraging them to be involved (and potentially hooked ) is an all round positive
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2009, 08:02   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

it can also be an alternative or a complement to the alliances recruitment interviews where everybody comes with the same questions and answers.
Unread 10 May 2009, 11:27   #5
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Seriously exploitable.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote