User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 20 Jan 2009, 20:04   #1
EnqVertisua

EnqVertisua is an unknown quantity at this point
Zik Strat

Hi this is my second round playing and was wondering what people thought about ZIK this round.. there bonuses, weaknesses etc.
I went CAT last round and did ok but was annoyed as never actually killed anything lol. anyway any help would be greatly appreciated!

=)
EnqVertisua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 21:36   #2
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Zik Strat

Of the two attack fleets, I think FR look very weak.

You get obliterated by pulsars, which are cloaked and have 2 ticks to be gathered. Ghosts are also a problem (and cloaked), so you can't really hit etd. You can't hit terran or zik either, which just leaves you with cath... and not even them, if they build lots of locust.

So that leaves you with CR. I'd build cutlass (for ally defence... they're really tough and resilient to EMP too) and cruisers. Possibly just the stealers, although some rogues too if xands start spamming peacekeeper.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 21:51   #3
EnqVertisua

thanks so you think the ZIK CR fleet is a formidable force then..
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 22:10   #4
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

You're going to need some anti FI to though, don't forget.
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 22:49   #5
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

You really shouldnt play Zik if your new to the game, they are a race which needs carefull planning as there starter stats are pretty weak and you need to go and cap the right ships to become strong.

Go with something standard like Terran CR with Harpies for anti fi/co.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 01:14   #6
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You really shouldnt play Zik if your new to the game, they are a race which needs carefull planning as there starter stats are pretty weak and you need to go and cap the right ships to become strong.

Go with something standard like Terran CR with Harpies for anti fi/co.
The uni needs more ziks, so I disagree, with a good ally guiding him he can easily pull off playing Zik and probably enjoy it more.
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 10:39   #7
EnqVertisua

I was thinking mass cutlass at begining of game for early attacks and raids then focus on making a big CR and using cutlass for anti co/fi def
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 10:50   #8
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I agree with Zeyi, Terr is boring, that said im likely to go for it... again!

The zik kill ships are not so good as usual but quite a few ppl have played zik well in past rounds concentrating on stealers; however I do agree with Light that Zik requires some planning, I have generally been epicly incompetent at stealing, but to assume that someone new is incapable of the more sophisticated strategies seems odd coming from a relative nub like U light
Some of it is just a matter of who is gonna attack U and working out how to make that profit you, If ur Cr principly then an etd is likely to knock at ur door with bs at some point... obvious solution build or better have in production, some buccs.
Hope for some good steals early!
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 10:58   #9
EnqVertisua

Cheers, im gonna go for it. Im sure if an ETD comes bashing alli or BP will help out. Look forward to seeing you all next round =)