User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 26 Nov 2008, 08:17   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
new info on overview

Would it be possible to have on the overview a warning about the time left before the next ships are out of production : Next ships out of production in 10 ticks
When under attack it is an easy way to control that either your ships will or won't be out for the incomings.
It could be placed just above the fleet overview.
Unread 26 Nov 2008, 16:05   #2
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: new info on overview

This is excessive. What's so hard about "co-ordinating" between your production screen and Overview?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2008, 14:45   #3
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

To be fair the overview IS an overview. I don't see why it couldn't include it, apart from the fact it is a little clustered!

(perhaps put quests in it's own page)
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 19:12   #4
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
To be fair the overview IS an overview. I don't see why it couldn't include it, apart from the fact it is a little clustered!

(perhaps put quests in it's own page)
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 18:20   #5
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

if you prod something, get incomings, and forget about your production causing it to die.. i'd say thats your own fault for not keeping up. we already have notices for exile votes, galaxy disbands, alliance incomings, alliance messages, government picking, etc etc etc. its getting a little cluttered imo.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 18:28   #6
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
we already have notices for exile votes, galaxy disbands, alliance incomings, alliance messages, government picking, etc etc etc.
agreed, all these things are (or can be) effectively started by an outside influence, someone else starts the exile vote, or the disband, it wont be you attacking your gal or your alliance , and governments are not something you have started, and there is a timelimit on... so all of these things it makes sense having some kind of notice.
even things like research and constructions that are shown on overview at least have a pretty fixed time period, and are constant (one research after the next) and often being finished at inconvenient times (at least at the start of the round!)

production on the other hand is started by YOU, YOU decide what you are building, and how long it will take (by fiddling with the number of factories) to make sure it comes out when YOU want it too... as such it is YOUR responsibility to remember when that was!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 01:56   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

from your demonstration i suppose we should remove the outgoing fleets from the overview.
I made the suggestion because i thought it would be usefull but i have little to reply to your kind of attitude.
When i made the suggestion of having the eta and status of each fleet on the fleet page i got the same kind of reactions... I'm glad PA team was more sensible to its benefits.

Production is a major feature in the game, not having something about it on the overview is wrong. And it would be useful to new players... but i guess you don't care about that.
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 05:57   #8
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

they are so good they dont need it :P
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 07:52   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think you're misunderstanding each other. Makhil is not suggesting your production should be displayed at the top of every page, just at some section of the overview page.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 19:25   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

It's own place would be nice on overview.
Doesn't have to be huge just some box.

My planet:
Our scientists are currently researching: ... completed in tick: ...
Our construction teams are currently building: ... completed in tick: ...
Our factories are currently building: .... completed in tick: ...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 09:43   #11
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

the problem is that you can have so many productions running it'd be utterly retarded to look at. if you argued that only the one that finished sooner should be shown, then you could also argue that one of the others could be prod-caught by an incoming or such. i regularly have 3+ productions going and i'd hate to see:

My planet:
Our scientists are currently researching: ... completed in tick: ...
Our construction teams are currently building: ... completed in tick: ...

edit: not saying its a bad suggestion, just that i'd like to see how you'd implement it without letting it become a huge wall of spam.
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 10:03   #12
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

despite what I said earlier I am not against the suggestion, simply that I think it should be easy enough to remember and therefore not a necessary feature. I dont think it would affect me at all as I look at the production page more than the overview page (which I admit I dont really use) so if people think that this would be useful for new players to help them get into the game then good suggestion, if it would result in information overload then bad. Given you can hide most things on the overview then there should really be no problems with information overload.

most spam on the the overview usually comes from the GC and the MOTD rather than the bits telling you whats happening in your planet

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 06:42   #13
Makhil

Here is how I see the
OVERVIEW
- 'news' and 'messages' are removed from the menu as they're already present at the top of the page.
- Race and coords are moved to allow the placement of a 'title' next to the ruler name. The title depends on the government chosen.
- Roid count is placed directly under Metal-Crystal-Eonium
- Hidden features titles are smaller and light grey. The Hide/Show option is aligned to the right.
- Prod warning is added as suggested by VDM
- The planet represents a picture that each player could upload from his own computer (with obvious Kb limitations)

Last edited by Makhil; 6 Dec 2008 at 06:51.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 10:43   #14
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Ur overview seems to tell us U produced ships last tick 'Our factories next production will be completed at tick 823' when its clearly tick 824 !

but generally I rather like it
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 12:33   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That link does not work, DNS fails.

[edit]Now it does.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 7 Dec 2008 at 21:23.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 21:18   #16
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

i don't mind the news / mail on the left (personally i usually only use the Mail!/News! buttons at the top when they're red). rest looks fine, but like i mentioned in my last post - the later productions could be fleet caught by incoming. so if that's the reason that you want to add the feature, it should include all affected production orders.