User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Nov 2008, 14:21   #1
Greendog
Royal Cheese Inspector

Greendog is an unknown quantity at this point
Commando Ships - Landing Crafts - Anti Co-Op

My suggestion is for an extra ship type, namely a Landing Craft. This ship would have a relatively high Init since its purpose is to kill agents and security guards.

The idea for this ship is to counter co-op players who themselves are immune to covert operations. It will also give a co-opper a chance to attack an immune player.

It is fairly easy now to make a planet immune to co-ops and once it is immune, that rules out a part of the game that can be played against them. Since security guards have a value attached to them, surely there should be away of attacking that value (Poisoning wont work on immune targets).

To fit this ship in, I would suggest one final tier of research and the ship class would be from the smallest pod that a race can have. These ships would sacrifice themselves on a successful landing.
Rd 31: Pilot Officer of The Duxford Wing 1:7:10 [F-Crew]
Rd 32: Question of Time 9:9:8 [Violent Realm]
Rd 33: Daydreams of Being a Cylon 8:3:7 [F-Crew]
Rd 34: 25ft Tall Dog of Calvins imagination 4:9:11 [F-Crew]
Rd 35: Teh return of of Teh Dog 8:6:7 [F-Crew]
Greendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2008, 15:39   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Commando Ships - Landing Crafts - Anti Co-Op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
The idea for this ship is to counter co-op players who themselves are immune to covert operations. It will also give a co-opper a chance to attack an immune player.
Cov oppers have a too low value to be attacked, making this ship useless to normal players.
Cov oppers themself don't need a ship to improve their cov opping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
It is fairly easy now to make a planet immune to co-ops and once it is immune, that rules out a part of the game that can be played against them. Since security guards have a value attached to them, surely there should be away of attacking that value (Poisoning wont work on immune targets).
There is nothing wrong with being immune to the most irritating part of the game.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2008, 18:16   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I personally think it is an interesting suggestion and should be fleshed out some.

How many guards/agents would each ship kill? I would think there should be a cap on the number of agents/guards that can be killed each tick, say 10% like structure killers?

I disagree that all covert oppers are tiny, some are decent sized, plus this would also allow people who are "immune" to be knocked down, I don't see that as bad. Perhaps rather then building a new ship, maybe structure killers could also kill agents/guards.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2008, 18:21   #4
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

This idea is original and interesting, i think developers should put some thought into this. Good suggestion!
Unread 25 Nov 2008, 19:03   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When you lose roids, you can get revenge, but you cannot become immune.
When you get cov opped, you (generally) can't take revenge, but you can become immune.

I like this system and see no reason to change it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2008, 08:22   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I favor the addition of a landing ship but not to counter cov ops, rather to take control of buildings or kill the population (reducing the bonus they allow)
Unread 26 Nov 2008, 15:07   #7
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...ght=slave+ship

prehaps make security guards part of a planets population, a formula for the growth of population can easily be made and i agree becoming immune is too easy and effectively has the potential to remove part of the game (thank god for noobs) :P

good post greendog
Unread 26 Nov 2008, 15:11   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Covert ops make baby jesus cry!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2008, 16:15   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree that becoming immune is a little bit too easy, but I'd rather see Agents/Guards removed (sorry Appoco!) than this ship added.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 26 Nov 2008, 17:37   #10
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

actually yeh im with Mz on this id rather see agents and security guards removed
Unread 27 Nov 2008, 14:52   #11
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairypalms View Post
actually yeh im with Mz on this id rather see agents and security guards removed
Thats fine if you're one of the few players who actually enjoys covert operations, however the other 1000 or so who despise it might want to stay immune?

We cannot retaliate against you, it's easy for a cov opper to consistently hit someone without getting hit back. So it should be easy to become immune to such things.

It annoys me enough that I have to pay 10k res every tick to employ security guards, plus the initial cost. Without them we'd be reliant on security centres, and most of us actually playing the game properly would rather have other buildings.

Sorry for the rant, but I think that was quite an absurd suggestion in favour only of yourself and this covop ally you're putting together.
Unread 27 Nov 2008, 15:04   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It was easy before guards showed up.

Get SCs. Use population. If everyone has to, no one loses out. I don't see the problem.

I would like to add that I've not played a cov op planet in over a year, nor intend to do so any time soon, just in case you're going to question my motivation instead of (crazy idea!) my arguments.
Unread 27 Nov 2008, 18:57   #13
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

You dont need to remove anything, just give the agents/guards a stacking penalty, so you can never reach 100%.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote