User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 10 Nov 2008, 19:33   #1
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Security Guards

Well security guards have been added and I haven't been around awhile - the manual page is a little ambiguous.

Was just wondering about alertness - these security guard they've introduced... apparently alertness lowers every tick back down to the minimum value (this is around 50 I believe). Therefore if I were to buy 500 security guards and say had a new max of 65 and my alertness then lowered over several ticks back down to 50.

Are those 500 security guards now redundant? So I may as well fire them all and then train another 500?

...or does alertness raise back up?

Cheers for any input, I've been trying to get my head around it.
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 21:00   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Security Guards

You actually have a max alert level that your alert will tend towards every tick (this is on the cov-ops page for your planet). If you hire 500 security guards your alert will actually increase as long as you still keep them. So no, the security guards are not redundant and you should definitely keep them.
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 22:43   #3
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Security Guards

OK Cool. Problem sorted, I either misread the covert ops manual page or it needs to be altered because I found out it quite ambiguous.