User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jun 2011, 15:35   #151
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: Round 42 shipstats discussion

no idea patrikc, 25 planets disappeared. maybe they got Ace'd.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 15:40   #152
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

My main gripe with these stats is the uselessness of the FR fleet, but you can't have it all
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 17:18   #153
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I would say those 30 xans were there for spectres and then realised it wasnt gonna be bs dominated and changed race. Thats what it looks like anyway
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 17:42   #154
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

My Theory is some alliances going a dummy race .... wait a few days to assess the race ratio (%) and then make the final choice before the round starts / find out what other alliances are going
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 18:13   #155
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I dont see what all the fuss is about cr/bs dominated rounds and so on...

Regardless of stats if 3 of the top allies decided on a certain metaclass and all played the they would own everyone anyway - FR is weakest of the classes atm but i reckon if Apprime, CT and TGV all went FR then FR players would dominate the round.
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 18:31   #156
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I dont see what all the fuss is about cr/bs dominated rounds and so on...

Regardless of stats if 3 of the top allies decided on a certain metaclass and all played the they would own everyone anyway - FR is weakest of the classes atm but i reckon if Apprime, CT and TGV all went FR then FR players would dominate the round.
I take it the rummour I heard about apprime going zik is totally false?

(to the MoD / monroe if it starts going on an AD rather SD path I'll stop on this particular thread)

Last edited by Paisley; 10 Jun 2011 at 18:32. Reason: see brackets
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 20:59   #157
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
I would say those 30 xans were there for spectres and then realised it wasnt gonna be bs dominated and changed race. Thats what it looks like anyway
Changed to what, though?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 22:09   #158
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Terran DE i reckon - or Cath Co
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 22:55   #159
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Terran DE i reckon - or Cath Co
Sigh. 30 Xans disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate at 8:38

Terran 189(23%) OF (: 0
Cathaar 191(23%) OF (: 0
Xandathrii 175(21%) OF (: 0
Zikonian 170(20%) OF (: 0
Eitraides 93(11%) OF (: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate at 13:11
Terran:198(24%) OF (: 0
Cathaar 187(23%) OF (: 0
Xandathrii 145(18%) OF (: 0
Zikonian 170(21%) OF (: 0
Eitraides 93(11%) OF (: 0
+9-4-30=-25 planets disappeared within a few hours. I'm just curious to know what happened to them.
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 00:50   #160
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i think pretty much every race can be solo'd by a couple of different fleets.
but its easy to selfcover or get just one defence fleet to cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
IMO ST is about team up as you will, obviously, target less so need a buddy to cover those.

in other words, i couldnt disagree more with you light.
If you think ST is about teamups, then what is MT about? You know, where you're required to teamup to land.

ST should be focused on solo play and making solo lands extremely viable and the most profitable route. This also tends to be why alliance HC's and DC's tend to absolutely hate ST, as it means more incoming and people getting roided by crappy little fleets (which is a good thing!).

By the looks of these stats, solo roiding will not last past the first 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I think you need to look closer, then...
they each have holes but extremly easy to cover and in some cases, to self cover.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 00:56   #161
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

You cannot self cover a hole. That is why it's a hole.
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 09:35   #162
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post

+9-4-30=-25 planets disappeared within a few hours. I'm just curious to know what happened to them.

Ahh sorry missed teh point - yeh probably multi accounts or something - tho its hard to beleive the MH team is that effiecent
Unread 13 Jun 2011, 13:49   #163
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

I had forgotten the joys of not spamming 3 ship types.

Unread 26 Jun 2011, 20:03   #164
w3nnk
Banned

w3nnk is infamous around these partsw3nnk is infamous around these parts

the ships are not looking that bad atm guys and single targeting is better than last round.

well Done pa Team

Angry_OuZo
w3nnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2011, 20:45   #165
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You don't have to sign your posts manually, you can use a signature. Go here: http://pirate.planetarion.com/profil...=editsignature
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2011, 07:44   #166
Patrikc

Thanks w3nnk/Angry!

For those interested (like me!), here are the average numbers for planets in the top 500 (to exclude planets not actually playing):

Code:
        Size	 Score	        Value	  Xp     Number of planets (%)
Cat	564	1266106        826097    7333    123 (24.6)
Etd	607	1277093        876016    6685    64 (12.8)
Ter	583	1273848        875910    6632    99 (19.8)
Xan	710	1246818        899021    6359    100 (20)
Zik	550	1213724        819779    6566    124 (24.8)
My first reaction: what the hell is Xan doing up there? I suppose being this surprised has to do with being in a Ter based alliance and galaxy, but they're doing far better than I initially thought they would. Maybe it's because of DLR's Xans?

Cath still seem to be holding the xp trophy. Zik is actually doing quite poorly compared to what I expected, whereas Etd is doing quite a lot better (which may have to do with more skilled people picking it). Ter is Ter, they're pretty much average in all aspects. :P

Thoughts?
Unread 27 Jun 2011, 08:01   #167
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's only tick 400, plenty of time for Zik to get going.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote