User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2006, 00:47   #1
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Mountain Bikes

I'm going on a biking holiday to France this summer, and since i need a new bike for it i was wondering if anyone here knew anything about bike frames.

I'm a rather tall chap and the largest frame i seem to be able to find is 22" (i assume this is the height not the length, but i dunno), is this the largest i'm likely to find? I don't want to be the biking equivalent of Donkey Kong squashed into one of those karts on Mario Kart.
Unread 17 May 2006, 00:58   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Mountain Bikes

is this chart of any use?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2006, 01:01   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Very much so, thanks a lot. :)
Unread 17 May 2006, 08:39   #4
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
I don't want to be the biking equivalent of Donkey Kong squashed into one of those karts on Mario Kart.
but those were the quickest karts...
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2006, 11:16   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

not sure how tall you are, but im 6' and inside leg 34, yet i have a 22" frame not a 20" which is what that chart would suggest, just an observation
Unread 17 May 2006, 16:21   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
not sure how tall you are, but im 6' and inside leg 34, yet i have a 22" frame not a 20" which is what that chart would suggest, just an observation
The chart measures inside leg to the floor rather than the ankle, so it shows me i need a frame larger than 22" because i'm 6'11 with an inside leg of 38" to the ankle, so that's maybe 40" or 41" to the floor.

Dunno where i'll find a frame that large. :(
Unread 17 May 2006, 16:48   #7
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You'll just have to ride along gracefully with your knees up by your ears.

You'll look like you're on one of those little stunt bikes but nevermind.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2006, 17:04   #8
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think a 22" frame is as big as you'll get, but that could work with a long seatpost, possibly bought separately?

edit : just found 23" frame options @ http://www.bikepedlar.co.uk/acatalog...TB_s_2007.html

and here's a 25" frame so they are out there somewhere... http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/Trek-7200-pr-21089.html
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2006, 01:20   #9
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I think a 22" frame is as big as you'll get, but that could work with a long seatpost, possibly bought separately?

edit : just found 23" frame options @ http://www.bikepedlar.co.uk/acatalog...TB_s_2007.html

and here's a 25" frame so they are out there somewhere... http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/Trek-7200-pr-21089.html
Yeah, i saw a 25" frame on ebay earlier, my brother thinks he's a knows a place local to him that sells them, so i keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the effort. :)
Unread 18 May 2006, 12:56   #10
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

6'11 my god:|
Unread 18 May 2006, 13:06   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

heh, i'm 6'9 so i know how you feel. I've all sorts of entertaining additions and modifications to my bike (namely, a bit of aluminium added the the bottom of the seat shaft to rise it up a bit). Problem is that i am less stable than i otherwise would be, though the solution is to ride faster i suppose...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2006, 13:07   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, get the biggest frame you can or you will end up damaging your knees, also, as 1-X said, look into a long seatpost as well which might help you, although your riding position may not be optimal, it should be ok