User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Nov 2007, 13:52   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
The art of not tagging up.

While I most of the years I've played I've never really had a problem with this fantastic move of not tagging up, I've recently found out that what is really the point of not tagging up.

Come on now, we all know you got the members, we all know that most of you are a viable threat, and we're already gathering co-ords from other ways and means than this.

Conspiracy, ROCK, NewDawn, Vengeance,Urwins Tides Of Fire. I urge you all to just stop the "hiding" we all know you're "big" alliances, and there is no need to use the "hide" effort anymore.

With less than 1500 planets, whereas hardly 1k is active, the concept of not tagging up is really dead and useless.
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 14:26   #2
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future
Re: The art of not tagging up.

Wrong. When tagged up one spy can get 100% correct coordinates at t72 with a little effort.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 14:38   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Wrong. When tagged up one spy can get 100% correct coordinates at t72 with a little effort.
And a Spy cant get that allready?
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 14:42   #4
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

A spy doesn't most likely have access to intel tools. When you tag up you hand him the tools. I'll make this easier for you: you can't attack your own alliance.
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 15:41   #5
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
A spy doesn't most likely have access to intel tools. When you tag up you hand him the tools.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 16:25   #6
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Why do people act like planetarion is what it used to be?
Highly skilled hc, and dedicated intelstaff is something most alliances dont have anymore, and with only a handfull of players left, why bother to go all ninja?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 18:19   #7
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

its better for attacking stops members from sending def to ally and helps build roids up then u can tag nice and ready for def well thats how i feel its best for
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 18:40   #8
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

wtf i thought we only had 21 members =/
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 18:48   #9
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
With less than 1500 planets, whereas hardly 1k is active, the concept of not tagging up is really dead and useless.
But it's FUN!

Who gives a shit? Let us have our fun and enjoy playing cat and mouse with each other.

Stop being such a killjoy boring bastard

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 20:15   #10
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Why do people act like planetarion is what it used to be?
yea let's all sign up 20 accs each and build thiefs only and roid eachother ingal! sounds fun!

kiss <3
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 21:07   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

bloody hell kargool , how long you been playing you should be used to this by now

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 03:16   #12
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

I dont really see the point of not tagging, to me it hurts the alliance, intag scanners dont get the res they need, and the alliance doesnt benefit from -1 eta defence, unless its incluster ofc.

Then again, some alliances never let their scanners intag...

tbh, it doesnt matter that much to me, its just another way to play the game I suppose.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 04:08   #13
Scorpion-ice

Scorpion-ice is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see the point either really.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 08:52   #14
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Last round was a showcase of how its done properly.

You might want to debate if it was needed but it certainly wasn't useless.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 09:55   #15
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, the only alliance that spied like that last round was probably eXilition. You don't need the tools you just need to be in-tag. Doesn't take long to suss out coords if you can check any coord ingame.

I don't believe that's the main benefit. For an alliance not expecting to win, there's probably no point in tagging up. For one that does, there's a few points.. for example:

Firstly, most alliances that might have an interest in hitting you, won't actually do it they'll just sit around and make threads like this because it's hard to decide to hit something you can't clearly see.

Moreover, if someone does hit your non tagged alliance, they're probably going to get hurt more than you are. While not tagging, you're more agile, its easier to send three fleets out on attack and play with resend recalls. You've got very little to lose in the early ticks, so it's okay to lose and regain roids. For the alliance that did tag up and defend, they run a great risk of being pinned back, losing roids and not being able to attack enough to regain them. This is a very vulnerable position to take.

Members that play without tags also can develop good galaxy relations early on, since they can contribute to their defence very well, be a team player etc. Quite useful if someone tries to planet target you, since you'll expect the galaxy defence.

It depends what the rest of your plan is for winning or whatever, but potentially there's endless reasons for doing this. Not tagging up tends to go hand in hand with other complimentary ideas.
Unread 12 Nov 2007, 10:35   #16
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Hiding is for noobs who are ashamed of their selfs.