User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 Feb 2007, 10:07   #1
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
An alliance base

I propose:

Having an alliance base, this is somewhere you can send some ships over night/during the day and the alliance has free use of them. Just like any other fleet, they can be recalled on demand etc.

i.e.

I send 500 merc's to my alliance base, they take 3/4 ticks to get there or something. This way your alliance has ships at the ready to defend if incomings occur.

Benefits: small alliances will gain because there less active members can defend without having to be online at unsociable hours.

Discuss.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 10:11   #2
JFK-NL
Why me

JFK-NL is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: An alliance base

sounds very good i think this rocks
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 12:35   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Care to elaborate a bit. Its a pretty big idea with alot of elements and questions yet you have written 2 lines describing the idea.

Flesh the idea out please as its hard to tell if it seems good or not with so little detail
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 13:45   #4
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Okay okay..

So general idea is an alliance base, similar to a home base. ships are stored there until put into fleets (alliances have 10/12 fleet slots at there disposal) when a player goes to bed at night, he can send the remained of his fleet to alliance base, travel takes 5 ticks. once the ships are at the base, officers and hc have full control of his fleet. a player can recall all/remained of his fleet at anytime. as his fleet is stil shown out in fleet slot 1, 2 or 3.

these may only be used for defence purposes. incomings come in.. defence is sent.. when the fleet is on its way back it returns to players planet and not the alliance base. so the fleet/ships can only be used once a night.

i cant think of any other way to describe it, if anyone else has an idea to add to it, id be grateful for the help

Veil
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 15:06   #5
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

No No No. 1 DC can defend half of an alliance incomings on his own without anyone else needing to be there. While this helps the small allies, it makes it far harder to attack the majority of medium to large alliances and nearly impossible to attack their top few players. We don't want to restrict the flow of roids transfering around the universe in my opinion, which this idea will do.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 15:49   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
Okay okay..

So general idea is an alliance base, similar to a home base. ships are stored there until put into fleets (alliances have 10/12 fleet slots at there disposal) when a player goes to bed at night, he can send the remained of his fleet to alliance base, travel takes 5 ticks. once the ships are at the base, officers and hc have full control of his fleet. a player can recall all/remained of his fleet at anytime. as his fleet is stil shown out in fleet slot 1, 2 or 3.

these may only be used for defence purposes. incomings come in.. defence is sent.. when the fleet is on its way back it returns to players planet and not the alliance base. so the fleet/ships can only be used once a night.

i cant think of any other way to describe it, if anyone else has an idea to add to it, id be grateful for the help

Veil
So what happens if I'm dcing, i send the ships out and then the player decided to recall them. Do the recall or do they continue defending?

And would the fleets have to be used as they are, or could a dc mix and match? If you have to send fleets as they are then its probally less useful than having them available as your going to have to send a fleet full of unsuitable ships but if you can mix and match you have the issue of how do the other ships get home, they could be in different fleets launched at different times or some may not be used and be eta 5 from base while some may be returning from a defence on an eta of 8

Also as Cm said while it may make defending easier especially for smaller alliances do we really want a game where defending is made this easy? I know defence is an issue across the board because nearly all attacks are launched in a period where not many people are around but do you not think being unable to land attacks is actually more frustrating than losing roids at times. 10 or 12 fleets of any kind of ships you need would make landing attacks really pretty tough.

Another thing do you not think that possible in the long run it damages the smaller alliances that would use it. To have the ships there in time for peak incoming people are going to have to send the alliance their ships pretty early. Its going to drain smaller alliances defence for the early part of the evening and then im assuming it will take 5 hours to get them back in the morning if they haven't been used so again drains defence. It would make hitting smaller alliances who would use this pretty easy.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 18:01   #7
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

i like the idea, but it needs restrictions, maybe if its an alliance defence, maybe the stats can be reduced slightly? im not sure, nice idea tho
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 19:16   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Dont see whats hard to get.
If Im not reading this wrong the "base" would simply be another planet, just not controlled by a single person, but the hc of an alliance.

It would ofcourse be alittle different as it can contain ships of all types, but its basicly a semialtered planet =/

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 20:55   #9
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
wasnt there a gal fleet at one time? or did i hallucinate that?
There was not & you did.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 20:58   #10
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
There was not & you did.
There was and he's not
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 20:59   #11
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
There was and he's not
orly? Which round was that?

Unread 19 Feb 2007, 21:10   #12
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
orly? Which round was that?
Round 2 (or was it 3)

When the round started it wasn't fully implemented, there was a GDF but the ships in it weren't controllable but were instead spread evenly at planets with incoming but the intention was for it to be controllable my the MoW sometime during the round.

There was alot of negative feedback, and a number of issues raised so it never got to the fully implemented stage and disappeared the following round
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 21:56   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

I see, then forgive my previous comment.

Unread 19 Feb 2007, 23:25   #14
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I remember pia having it for gals so it was a gal def fleet that was controled by the MoW
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 01:01   #15
Veil05
NE

Quote:
So what happens if I'm dcing, i send the ships out and then the player decided to recall them. Do the recall or do they continue defending?
The ships need to be back at the alliance base in order to recall them, it may seem un fair to the player. Maybe this will deter bigger/selfish players from handing over there fleet to there alliance.

Quote:
And would the fleets have to be used as they are, or could a dc mix and match? If you have to send fleets as they are then its probally less useful than having them available as your going to have to send a fleet full of unsuitable ships but if you can mix and match you have the issue of how do the other ships get home, they could be in different fleets launched at different times or some may not be used and be eta 5 from base while some may be returning from a defence on an eta of 8
Pretty much what allfather said, this is just like our home planet base. you can do what you like with the ships once they are there. not just one player has control of the alliance defence ships. the HC can dictate who has control over them.. I.E. HC // Officer // Set individuals.

Quote:
Another thing do you not think that possible in the long run it damages the smaller alliances that would use it. To have the ships there in time for peak incoming people are going to have to send the alliance their ships pretty early. Its going to drain smaller alliances defence for the early part of the evening and then im assuming it will take 5 hours to get them back in the morning if they haven't been used so again drains defence. It would make hitting smaller alliances who would use this pretty easy.
Like i said, this fund is for when your going to sleep, unless it escaped your attention, you will be asleep during this time and therefore wouldnt be draining anything. (you'll be asleep and couldnt defend anyway) atleast this way your alliance has a chance to use your ships, i didnt say FIVE ticks as if that was a must. i was just thinking aloud.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 18:12   #16
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

If you have an idea like this then surely it would allow people just to park ships they dont want to lose there if they're going away. I loved the idea of an alliance base if it can also be attacked for example if you have an eta for attacking an alliance base which is slightly longer than standard eta in the universe and then it can also be defended by the alliance members.

You could have it that the reward for successfully landing at an alliance base would be a certain amount of score and also a portion of the alliance fund. It would of course have to be so that the alliance bases were ranked on score of the alliance maybe by having each base as a planet in a galaxy that just contains alliance bases? This could add a new dimension to alliance waring if implemented properly

Cue rant by wakey or some1 on how to make better posts
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote