User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jan 2007, 23:10   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Busking in London

Anyone done it? Or anywhere else for that matter? this very evening I have had the idea of travelling down to London quite soon and trying my hand at busking, unless the weather is too bad.

Basically, I want to go somewhere which is suitibly populated yet where I don't know anyone. Seeing as it's only £22 return to London and the odds of bumping into the only person there who would recognise my face is rather slim I think it makes it a good destination considering I can't sing. But my 'band' should be playing some shows soon and I may have to do some backing vocals so I need to practice.

Any advice?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 23:25   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Busking in London

I shall come watch you play if you do come down. I'll also throw pennies at you if you dance.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 23:48   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As long as it's money then it's all good!

I draw the line at fecal matter though.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 00:33   #4
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

lol i think its a good idea to make money and practice. There are people in Manchester who i know Busk and they can make quite abit of money in a night.

A bit of advice though - To save embarassment of singing just sit there with a dog from RSPCA and an old hat upturned infront of you.
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 01:38   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't you need a licence or some sort of permit to busk?

If not, I'd recommend somewhere near a major station. The little area in between London Waterloo and the Shell Building (near the London Eye/Westminster etc) has quite a lot of people, and is sheltered. I've seen buskers there before but they aren't a regular occurence.
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 02:08   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Don't you need a licence or some sort of permit to busk?
Yes in most major cities.

You need to contact whichever council it is that governs the area you want to busk in. (Greater / Central London Council? I don't know).

I've done it with varying success in a few cities.* The trick is not to really be "good" or "flashy" but to do something *different*. There is a million guys out there with guitars (I assume it's guitar your going to play) busking on the streets and they are all the same. The ones that make the money on the streets are the ones that do something a bit different, preferably with songs everyone knows, while at the same time being totally shit when it comes to actually playing their instrument. Don't play obscure tunes you love, play your own arrangements of tunes in the charts. It's the familiarity that people will latch onto in the back of their mind, while you very probably hate it.

I think busking is refining the skill of getting people interested and paying attention while still being able to carry on what they are doing with out noticing you are there ie getting in touch with their subconscious.

Before you go through all the hassle of a London licence, maybe try your material out somewhere closer to home, see how it goes down solo on the street.

Just my thoughts form experience.

*5 string bass & tenor sax \o/

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 13:00   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

The weather is shit, wait a bit and pay £1 for the trip. And please, please, make sure you tell me.

Don't go in the tube though, they never seem to get any money.