User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 13:00   #1
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
rollback

is someone getting roided or fleetcaught? or did it really crash by coincidence

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 13:05   #2
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about
Re: rollback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros
is someone getting roided or fleetcaught? or did it really crash by coincidence
24 hour stop for 2 hour rollback. Sounds like someone in PAteam just whants a day off...
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 13:25   #3
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

WWF Second wind for my shippies!! hurah!
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 13:49   #4
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

It's a devine intervention
God is trying to save our lives from the internet
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 13:55   #5
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

what the hell happened to NO ROLLBACKS??
god damn it and I'm through on both attacks.
stupid pa, I quit.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 14:23   #6
Kuener
Autobot

Kuener has a little shameless behaviour in the past

As Long as they only roll it back the 2 ticks I cant complain yet....
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 14:36   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Please read this announcement.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:04   #8
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I think I need to change my launch times cause this is happening at specific times too much. I will be at eta 6 when I was 5 minutes away from checking my planet at eta 4.

Deletion is starting to look good.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:03   #9
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

I agree before the game crashed I was eta 4 with no defence. Now with rollback I am eta 5 and the gal can gang up on my fleets. This is complete crap.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:12   #10
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad
I agree before the game crashed I was eta 4 with no defence. Now with rollback I am eta 5 and the gal can gang up on my fleets. This is complete crap.
how the fk can u know u were at eta 4 with no defence when nobody could access the game the last 2 ticks?
or am I missing something here?
I don't think I am tho:
<myk> well if someone was eta 4 in tick 732, we are recommencing in 732 to 733 tick, so it will be eta 4 until it ticks to 733 at which point it will be 3
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:19   #11
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

It's great how a tick's downtime results in 2 ticks rolling back and a day offline, stated reason being that it's downtime is to prevent pesky allies organising defence.

That'd be great and all except most allies do have external records of incoming and it's a trivial matter to spend the day asking people with xxx ships to be here at xxx time so send them. Heh, I'm planning to do exactly that myself.

It was a ridiculous call.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:20   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The fact is we need a formal procedure for these kind of situations so everyone knows what is going on and no one can complain.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:34   #13
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
how the fk can u know u were at eta 4 with no defence when nobody could access the game the last 2 ticks?
or am I missing something here?
I don't think I am tho:
<myk> well if someone was eta 4 in tick 732, we are recommencing in 732 to 733 tick, so it will be eta 4 until it ticks to 733 at which point it will be 3
It was really only 30 minutes that the game was not accessable. I awoke at :40 past the hour done my construction which was due then JGP my eta 4 target. As I was doing my next task of recalling defence the game crashed at about the sametime irc.london crashed with P. I then went left for work and 30 minutes later when I arrived here the game was back up. I dont know what tick it was but it still up on my PC at home so when I get home I will edit

Looking at the screen I logged on 9:36:44 game time tick 733 and was eta 4. So the roll back was too far
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "

Last edited by LocknLoad; 7 Nov 2006 at 21:07.
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 17:51   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Good job in pulling the gun before you knew what had happened!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:09   #15
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Just to make you aware guys. Firstly at the time the game went down many of the PA Team were offline (I know I was and I assume others were too), Kloopy made a portal announcement at what I assume was the first available opportunity. All members of the PA Team do have the access to post announcements to the portal (not always to the forum) and to set the topic in #planetarion.

However if we are not online at the time things occur our response time will not always be the greatest, we make every effort to make sure that one or more of us can be contacted at the first available opportunity (mainly by the fact that the whole support team has our personal mobile numbers so we can be contacted in emergencies).

We are currently in the process of writing up a set of guidelines and policy which, when completed, will be posted on the portal as an announcement for all to see. We are doing this in consultation with the group known as the "Planetarion Reps" (this includes; the support team, the portal team, the ops team, the moderators, the beta team and anyone helping with development.). As soon as this document has been completed I will be sure to make it available to the community as a whole.

On behalf of the PATeam

This has been crossposted on the thread called "admins handling of ticks" also.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:10   #16
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The fact is we need a formal procedure for these kind of situations so everyone knows what is going on and no one can complain.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:13   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
(mainly by the fact that the whole support team has our personal mobile numbers so we can be contacted in emergencies).

We are currently in the process of writing up a set of guidelines and policy which, when completed, will be posted on the portal as an announcement for all to see.
this is the 2nd such incident that has occured this rd and im still baffled as to why these guidelines and policy were not set up after the 1st incident

-Rommel
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:23   #18
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

I think PA ow us a free 19.5 round for the problems caused as we are paying?
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:25   #19
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl
I think PA ow us a free 19.5 round for the problems caused as we are paying?
i expect it will start when they finish their plans for the flying pig squadron

-Rommel
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:32   #20
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
It is my opinion, that anytime this happens, no matter what ALL fleets should be recalled.

That way it happens to everyone and no one can complain. It also garuntees that no advantage is recieved because of the downtime, which I am sure is taking place right now.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:43   #21
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

you honestly think nobody will complain if all the fleets are recalled?

Chef - do we just not use the forums announcement board anymore? Two tick stoppages and nothing there.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:48   #22
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Chef - do we just not use the forums announcement board anymore? Two tick stoppages and nothing there.
Ok the issue with that is that only a few people have access to carry out forum announcements. We are currently in the process of coding the parts of the portal that are required so that when an announcement is being posted on the portal it is automatically posted to the forum as well. Additional to this I am in the process of making sure that until the necessary coding is completed everyone is given the necessary access to post forum announcements.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:53   #23
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

In addition - when you try to login now...it brings you to the 'Planetarion is closed lbahblahblahba' page, and links to http://support.planetarion.com

If you actually go there, expecting support, you're in for a surprise! Because, instead of support, theres a picture of a spaceship! Maybe in the future, link to said announcement?
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:54   #24
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
If you actually go there, expecting support, you're in for a surprise! Because, instead of support, theres a picture of a spaceship! Maybe in the future, link to said announcement?
I will speak to the development team about making it possible for their to be some kind of "custom downtime message" or linkage to the relevant announcement.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:56   #25
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

no, don't distract them from coding the next round of pa. it's not worth it.

edit: additionally - the message is already customized, as it explains what time the ticks will be up and on what day, etc etc.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 20:02   #26
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

As much as I agree that a set of procedures for events like this should be in effect, I'd also like to congratulate PATeam on making the right decision for this situation. Since at the moment there has to be a choice from someone, it's nice to see the best option being chosen.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:01   #27
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with shev
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:27   #28
Ver

Ver is an unknown quantity at this point

Jupps. I can't complain with the PA Team on this one.
Ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 22:05   #29
G|afk

G|afk is an unknown quantity at this point

so back to the original topic

....Nitros said *read up*
G|afk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 22:44   #30
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Is it possible that the tick before the rollback u landed and got roids..but after it ur eta1 again...and get roids again??

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 00:36   #31
Quasar

Quasar is an unknown quantity at this point

In another tick based game I play, the server tries to connect to Google and Yahoo before it ticks. If it doesn't respond, (i.e, when there's a situation like what happened this morning) it doesn't tick.
Maybe something like that could be implemented so at least if this kinda thing happens again, the game won't keep on ticking ?
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:14   #32
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

I would prefer that ticks are stopped as soon as there are problems coming up, not going on with them.

Having said that, I ask PA-Crew to - no matter what - never ever do rollbacks again.
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:43   #33
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiXX
Is it possible that the tick before the rollback u landed and got roids..but after it ur eta1 again...and get roids again??
You would get roids again, but you wouldnt still own the roids you captured.

Eg, the first time you were on 500 roids and you captured 200.
Then the rollback happened.
You would still be on 500 roids, and you will still capture 200 (again).
ie, nothing changed.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 02:36   #34
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
you honestly think nobody will complain if all the fleets are recalled?
HA! This is the PA comunity, and I don't believe in miracles so yes I would expect at least 90% to complain no matter what the decision is.

The recalling of all fleets is a situation that affects all, where as the current situation benefits some and screws others.

My point is that they would have no room to complain because it is equally detrimental to all.

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 02:39   #35
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
My point is that they would have no room to complain because it is equally detrimental to all.
But it wouldnt be equally detrimental to all, because some people would be potentially gaining more than others; if a fleet recall lost you 400 roids and great XP, you would care more than someone who might have capped 20 ships and 50 roids :\.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 03:51   #36
Amycus
Flame me...

Good point, however, you can argue that the roids are not their's yet.

You can also argue the same with the rollback without fleet recall, because some--that would have landed freely--will now get defended against, because people have the rollback and the extra 24 hours to muster defence.

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 08:39   #37
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
You would get roids again, but you wouldnt still own the roids you captured.

Eg, the first time you were on 500 roids and you captured 200.
Then the rollback happened.
You would still be on 500 roids, and you will still capture 200 (again).
ie, nothing changed.
Does this also count for the XP, score and ships (Ziks) u got before the rollback and after?

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 08:52   #38
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiXX
Does this also count for the XP, score and ships (Ziks) u got before the rollback and after?
Yes everything rolls back, it will be as if those 3 ticks never happened.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 09:44   #39
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

The rollback is incorrect. I couldn't tell properly yesterday without seeing it in front of me, but the rollback is to one tick earlier than the game went down.

I believe this means that the failure occured after tick 733 (it happened at about 45 minutes past the hour - so the tick had completed). Therefore is needs to start after tick 733 had completed not before (not 732 which is where the game is currently at). Game should be started from that point, not 732.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 09:48   #40
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

Backups are only done every two ticks, tick 732 was the last backed up one so the game is resumining from there.
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 10:13   #41
Thex
Average Thex

ok, that would explain it - pity that this is not written down in the Portal Announcement

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 12:00   #42
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just like to thank PAteam for their handling of yesterday's downtime. They made the correct decisions and I hope we will see more of this approach to handling problems.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 13:32   #43
Insane0ne
Atheist

Insane0ne is infamous around these partsInsane0ne is infamous around these parts

Rollback had to be fked up, I sent my fleet out to be saved from my inc, when game crashed it was eta7 to target (3 hours later), I login and my fleet was never launched so now I lose all my CR. This is uber retarded.
Insane0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 13:53   #44
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

same here altho I just prelaunched tho, but then again, it got me more XP a few ticks later \o/
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 14:00   #45
Insane0ne
Atheist

Insane0ne is infamous around these partsInsane0ne is infamous around these parts

I cant garuntee the eta that is was when it crashed as I was in bed, the point is I launched b4 the tick eta10, and it was eta9 when I went to bed, so why were my ships recalled? I want a refund.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 17:47   #46
Thex
Average Thex

It's because of the backup is only done every 2 ticks, so the restore has gone back to a tick before the problem happened, ie 2 ticks before, not just one.

I personally think this was unclear as no one will remember what tick it went down, and putting an announcement up about restarting at tick 732 will not mean much to people who don't think in ticks. So if you think that the restore will happen at the tick it went down then you were wrong and hence lose your fleet or other some such disaster.

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 17:47   #47
Insane0ne
Atheist

I see that it rollbacked to the right tick now that I look, I launched after the tick not before it. I would pay a extra fking dollar for the ticks to backed up EVERY tick instead of every 2.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 17:53   #48
Insane0ne
Atheist

I tell you what, I will even send you brits a spare 10gb hdd I have since they seem to be in short demand over there.