User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:34   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Neg Reps

ok i can understand why you neg rep someone, you perhaps disagree with someone, something they, or just dont like them, and your too cowardly to post about them because you scared of either getting negged repped or simple too scared of the other person writing back, so how about when you all start neg repping, why not write the name of yourself in the box after it so the person/people being negged repped can see it?

i personally have never had the need to neg rep anyone, i have only given positive comment, if i wanted to neg rep someone, i would simple to talk to then and show my disagreement, at least the problem could be discussed, etc.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:40   #2
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Neg Reps

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CBA again.

I posrepped you dude. But you make threads telling lies
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:43   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The one that said you made a shitty thread was mine, I don't know if I tacked my name on or not, I usually do. Also, if I had the power to neg rep you again for starting yet another shitty thread, I would.

Your signature was probably too long or to annoying, I can't remember what it looked like. Given the fact that it currently looks like some kind of christmas tree, I'm not quite surprised you got a bunch of neg reps about it. Instead of taking the hint and changing your signature, you created a horrible thread whining about getting neg repped of which the end result was that you got even more neg reps. And once again, instead of taking the hint that such threads are not very welcome, you go and create yet another one.

Delete this thread, deal with the fact that you got a bunch of neg rep and move on. Make some decent posts and get some positive rep back. No one cares about their Internet Points anyway.

Edit: Apparently I did indeed add my name. I'm a proper Internet Tough Guy I am
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:55   #4
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Go Leshy
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 14:19   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I know what you are saying there... wasnt Jammy Jim and the other Mods suppose to get rid of annom reps months ago or was that abandoned?
Comments from a Mod/Mod spokesperson would be welcomed about this.
In my case for example in r18 where I was being repped. Don't get me wrong like everyone else you are entitled to your opinion a few examples were...

"You're a stupid, pathetic coward, just like the rest of your command"

"The only thing you have any right to is my dismay at the fact that you value sycophancy and cowardice above the ideals your alliance so publically preaches. I hate hypocrisy and convenience of belief and I will not shirk from berating you for it."

So much so that they left it unsigned...Shock horror, kind of ironic isnt it.
You could argue that the purpose of annon neg rep is there to prevent retaliations / reprisals, because had it been signed / revealed neg rep I would have looked them up and Fleetcaught / bashed them. Sorry but I am that type of person. Then again if you can't take it don't dish it out could be the reverse arguement. I do think that rep should be revealed.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 14:25   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I only rep anonymously.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 14:34   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
I know what you are saying there... wasnt Jammy Jim and the other Mods suppose to get rid of annom reps months ago or was that abandoned?
Comments from a Mod/Mod spokesperson would be welcomed about this./
The change would have to be made by JJ, it's been in the pipeline for a while so I expect it'll be implemented at some time around 2030.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 14:41   #8
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
The one that said you made a shitty thread was mine, I don't know if I tacked my name on or not, I usually do. Also, if I had the power to neg rep you again for starting yet another shitty thread, I would.

Your signature was probably too long or to annoying, I can't remember what it looked like. Given the fact that it currently looks like some kind of christmas tree, I'm not quite surprised you got a bunch of neg reps about it. Instead of taking the hint and changing your signature, you created a horrible thread whining about getting neg repped of which the end result was that you got even more neg reps. And once again, instead of taking the hint that such threads are not very welcome, you go and create yet another one.

Delete this thread, deal with the fact that you got a bunch of neg rep and move on. Make some decent posts and get some positive rep back. No one cares about their Internet Points anyway.

Edit: Apparently I did indeed add my name. I'm a proper Internet Tough Guy I am
Yes, you did leave your name and i respect that. However i think the comments you just made are because of lack of understanding of my most, or mis-interpritation, simply because i was not moaning at me being negged repped in specific but negged repping as a whole and weather or not this causes more neg repping on me, iam not too botherd to tell you the truth, and as my sig looks like a christmas tree, well whats wrong with a bit of colour??? sheesh dam boring people.

i must also highlight this comment, 'No one cares about their Internet Points anyway.' Then why go round neg reppin people??

tbh there should be no such thing as neg repping only positive repping to see who gets green the most, to act as a neg rep just dont pos rep the person, its simple.. and yeh i do agree nicks should always be left or its just lame, you can simply neg rep people who you do not like for no reason whatsoever or neg rep ppl louds of times for some sort of old grudge...

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 15:00   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The change would have to be made by JJ, it's been in the pipeline for a while so I expect it'll be implemented at some time around 2030.
Any suggestions for nice ways of saying.... get the finger out?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 15:05   #10
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

stop whining.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 15:09   #11
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
stop whining.
no ones whining...

Paisley has a dam fine point there, i agree maybe their finger should be pulled out and get stuff sorted

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 15:23   #12
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont see the issue about anon reps. It allows you to speak your mind without being hounded back for it.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:31   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If criticism is valid, it doesn't matter who it's coming from.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:36   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, the validity in negreps when given can be questioned by the actual reason behind the negreps. When you give a negrep without actually giving a reason why, or just write some insulting that isnt really being useful with the negrep system is it? Besides i've seen too many times people on irc asking others to join in on "negrep" crusades against persons just because they want to, so making negreps public has more to gain than to lose really.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:49   #15
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, the validity in negreps when given can be questioned by the actual reason behind the negreps. When you give a negrep without actually giving a reason why, or just write some insulting that isnt really being useful with the negrep system is it? Besides i've seen too many times people on irc asking others to join in on "negrep" crusades against persons just because they want to, so making negreps public has more to gain than to lose really.
i agree with this alot, negreps can be abused so easily.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:50   #16
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
CBA, you're not wrong in getting worked up over the issue. the thing is that you've offered nothing new, nothing that hasn't been discussed before.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187592
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193189

that's rubbish. for more on that, the above links!
ok fair enuf, i did not realise this i was just highlightening my views

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:56   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

So its been said before the question is whats going to be done about it?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:58   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
When you give a negrep without actually giving a reason why, or just write some insulting that isnt really being useful with the negrep system is it?
And what exactly would knowing who neg repped you change about this? What purpose will this serve but for you to sit around waiting for an opportunity to take revenge upon whomever neg repped you?

Because I'm pretty sure that's not the idea of the rep system either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
i agree with this alot, negreps can be abused so easily.
Here I refer to my earlier statement that caring about Internet Points is really silly to begin with.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:06   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
And what exactly would knowing who neg repped you change about this? What purpose will this serve but for you to sit around waiting for an opportunity to take revenge upon whomever neg repped you?

Because I'm pretty sure that's not the idea of the rep system either.

Here I refer to my earlier statement that caring about Internet Points is really silly to begin with.
Well, I would prefer someone had the balls and talk to me or "write to me" in pm if they agreed with my views rather than seing a red blob on my user CP whenever I look at that, wich is about once pr month. The obivious abuse and chewing up new people on the board just because they dont apply the "right" way to behave on the forum and dont want to post here is also to me an indicator that the rep system isnt really working the way they wanted it to do. So just remove it totally as it really serves no purpose cept threads like this that flair up once in a while. And your statement about caring about internet points really is a mockery because if you really didnt care, why would you post here, and why would you make a point out of it at all
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:08   #20
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Is rep still an issue in PA/ I thought most agreed its useless....
Lets stop whining about it.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:17   #21
I am Idler
This is bat country

Reputation giving is for fun and games, nothing else. now drop it.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:18   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Well, I would prefer someone had the balls and talk to me or "write to me" in pm if they agreed with my views
That possibility is currently there through the PM system, and has been around long before the rep system was put into place. No one went around writing PMs to everyone detailing why they disagreed with a post.

Additionally, the rep system allows people to leave a comment as to why they are disapproving of a post - if people don't wish to fill it out, they're not going to bother contacting you to tell you why they disagree with you either.

So what you prefer is something which isn't realistic and isn't going to happen.

Quote:
The obivious abuse and chewing up new people on the board
You mean, the same abuse that has been complained about long before the rep system was in place? People getting chewed up is something that happens in plain view on the forum whenever it happens, and has little to nothing to do with whether someone is new or not, but whether they are shitty posters or not.

Complaining about being given neg rep and demanding that the forum admins "fix" the system because you care so much about your Internet Points that you cannot look at a red blob, conclude that someone has disagreed with your post and move on, rather than go "Rargh, someone has neg repped me my Internet Status has been diminished and I must know who is responsible for this", is all in all pretty silly.

Quote:
And your statement about caring about internet points really is a mockery because if you really didnt care, why would you post here, and why would you make a point out of it at all
I care about not seeing repeated whine threads about the rep system pop up. You may also want to note I haven't made a point out of anything, I'm merely responding to CBA and you making a big deal out of it, which is pretty laffo.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:25   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
blurb.
If its not that important to you, why not just have it removed as its obvious that someone actually don't like it and sees it as a weak point of this forum since this discussion keep popping up all the time.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:37   #24
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
If its not that important to you, why not just have it removed as its obvious that someone actually don't like it and sees it as a weak point of this forum since this discussion keep popping up all the time.
Its hardly the forum thats weak. Its everyone who just _have_ to have a opinion on something.

They eventually master the :careface:
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:42   #25
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
If its not that important to you, why not just have it removed
While the green blobs under my name give me almost unlimited Internet Powers which I can use to watch your house from space or turn little babies into cornstalks at my very whim, they are not a sign of me being a forum admin of sorts. In other words, it's not my call.

The fact that many people are using the system seems to suggest that it's a welcome feature, even if there is the occasional person who can't deal with getting negative rep and has to create two threads after each other to complain about getting neg repped. If, however, you feel you have a good case as to why JammyJim should overcome his natural inertia and remove the reputation system, feel free to send him a PM with your request.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:49   #26
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
While the green blobs under my name give me almost unlimited Internet Powers which I can use to watch your house from space or turn little babies into cornstalks at my very whim, they are not a sign of me being a forum admin of sorts. In other words, it's not my call.

The fact that many people are using the system seems to suggest that it's a welcome feature, even if there is the occasional person who can't deal with getting negative rep and has to create two threads after each other to complain about getting neg repped. If, however, you feel you have a good case as to why JammyJim should overcome his natural inertia and remove the reputation system, feel free to send him a PM with your request.
It has been done a couple of years ago, and you know how it is with him. He gives the To be continued a whole new meaning.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:54   #27
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

neg repping a person is fine when it is with regards to their post. when it is a personal attack then i think its just plain pathetic:

The rules for being a... 24 Nov 2006 21:10 You're a tosser.
ND whats your plan? 22 Nov 2006 12:37 You're a moaning imbecile. Get a grip.
admins handeling of ticks 28 Oct 2006 15:17 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, have some more negrep!
Official Angels... 9 Nov 2006 00:36 :/

can anyone explain the point to any of these neg reps. it doesnt bother me at all about people neg repping me, but if they have such a major issue with me then id appreciate if they had the guts to come find me on irc and discuss the matter or PM me via the boards

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:56   #28
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

making a thread crying about neg rep is a sure fire way to get more.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:01   #29
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
who?
Several regular GD posters did it to me when I banned s|k. A ban in repsonse to a customer complaint and enforced by JJ.

It happens, mostly I think because to many people take the rep system far to seriously. Look at mine. Mine is down there for things nothing to do with PA itself. Luckily for me I don't give a flying monkey rather than most and consider it an extension of my penis

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:11   #30
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
that was incredibly shit though.
The fact was he did it, got banned for it, lived with it. Sometimes you have to do things which make you unpopular when your in an admin / mod / senior / whatever position. I didn't really care when GD went on a rampage of neg rep against me. Especially when those little green & red dots make absolutly jack all diffrence to the world or anyones life. (Apart from upset those for who the little green or red dots make the diffrence between how "cool" and "uber" they think they are).

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:19   #31
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
making a thread crying about neg rep is a sure fire way to get more.
i think your completely missing the point.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:35   #32
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 17:29 dont whine about negreps d00d

i knew this neg rep shit would come. whoever is lame enough to use the word d00d in their rep message (both the word and the spelling of it) deserves to be taken outside and shot. frickin n00bs

and to whoever it was that did neg rep me, i was not whineing merely pointing out how shit the rep system is. but if negative repping me is what gets you off...thats totally your choice

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 9 Jan 2007 at 18:49.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:46   #33
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 17:29 dont whine about negreps d00d

i knew this neg rep shit would come. whoever is lame enough to use the word d00d in their rep messgae (both the word and the spelling of it) deserves to be taken outside and shot. frickin n00bs

and to whoever it was that did neg rep me, i was not whineing merely pointing out how shit the rep system is. but if negative repping me is what gets you off...thats totally your choice
Mek sorry for that, i feel iam partly to blame for creating this thread, because whoever shares similar views to me just gets negged repped, its so pathetic, people have been pos repping me but not posting, i can simple think the reason is because they will get a band of neg reps, people to think before acting how lame neg repping people are for the lamest reasons, just because you disagree with someone neg reping is so lame

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:26   #34
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
on what basis would you decide if an anoynmous, commentless neg rep is "valid" leshy?
One might argue that if someone went to the trouble of giving reputation, be it either positive or negative, it means they valued or disliked a post and as such the rep is valid on its own merit. Of course there will be the occasional giving of reputation for the heck of it rather than for an individual post. In such a case, however, one could argue that it is based off the actual non-numeric reputation someone has, in which case it still carries a modicum of validity - although ideally the reputation system should of course be primarily based on individual post quality.

In simple terms, if you act like a tosser you're more likely to receive negative rep than when you act like Fonzie from Happy Days. There's nothing really wrong with that.
Quote:
the other option is to make rep named. this is realistic.
My question is very simple: what purpose does it serve to know who repped you?

I can really only see three reasons why you want to enforce a naming policy on reputation. One is so that people are less likely to leave you no-comment negative rep, the second is so that you can give them negative rep in return and the last is so that you can individually contact someone to establish a dialogue with everyone who negreps you, so you can learn the error of your ways.

The first is basically just trying not to lose your precious Internet Points, the second means that you want to abuse the rep system even further, and the third is just highly unlikely.

Quote:
i posted at length about this and other aspects of the debate in the links supplied, but obviously you didn't bother reading them \o/
I did not.
Quote:
if you don't care about "internet" points, then why object to having your name supplied with the reps you leave? why do you care?
Personally, I don't. As said, I generally add my name onto the rep I give anyway. However, I can see how the amount of drama that would ensue from seeing who repped you wouldn't be worth it as people start neg repping each other just because the other person did it first to them.

The inconvenience of getting some neg rep without explanation probably doesn't outweigh your freedom to leave someone neg rep without that person getting his alliance buddies to neg rep you in return.
Quote:
exactly why is it that you debase people's valuation of you simply because while conversing your facial expressions aren't on show?
Seriously, what?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:45   #35
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

It's probably good that you put this thread here instead of on GD where it should be, because if you'd done that you'd get about 3 times as many responses and 4 times the neg rep for creating another thread about neg rep.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:47   #36
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
i think your completely missing the point.
Have i?
Tell me, just how many have you and all others agreeing with you been neg repped on this thread?
If there is even one then my point has been proven. Creating a thread complaining about rep resulted in more negative rep

as jt25man has said, if you did this on GD it would have been far far worse.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:54   #37
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I dont see the issue about anon reps. It allows you to speak your mind without being hounded back for it.
It also allows people to hound you without you finding out who they are, I lost track of the number of reps I get that have nothing to do with my post.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 20:18   #38
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 18:58 LOL@NEG REPS

I knew you'd do that!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 21:04   #39
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 19:39 being an ass, and having a sig that puts your eyes out

\o/

As i said: i dont care ^^
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 21:23   #40
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Drugs bust 17 Aug 2006 15:10 you're stupid to me.

i dont have cool and funny neg reps.

Everyone who negrepped me is unoriginal and distatefull asshole...
not even constructive critisism... thats one above is probably the most elaborate and original one i have

COMMON people ! get your gray matter going. Or google some cool neg reps. ya'll suck

all in all tho, i will never get tired of making fun of current rep system.

Yes. All the negreps should be signed. So we can show and point fingers at people who truly deserve that neg rep
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 21:27   #41
Marv
Jazz Man

Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 17:35

It's the one's who dictate from up on their pedestal but are not brave enough to show who they are that make me laugh

Last edited by Marv; 9 Jan 2007 at 21:34.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 22:34   #42
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 18:58 LOL@NEG REPS
I got this one too, lol, although the time was slightly different. Way to go to the ingenious one who's just going down the thread and copy/pasting this to everyone who posts.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 23:06   #43
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Have i?
Tell me, just how many have you and all others agreeing with you been neg repped on this thread?
If there is even one then my point has been proven. Creating a thread complaining about rep resulted in more negative rep

as jt25man has said, if you did this on GD it would have been far far worse.
still missing the point,

ask someone who knows you to explain...

you gotta lot to learn mate

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 23:10   #44
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
still missing the point,

ask someone who knows you to explain...

you gotta lot to learn mate
What point exactly is he missing? Do tell.

From reading what he wrote in both posts Phil^ is telling it exactly how it is.

Does comman sense not kick in that whining on a public forum about the rep system is bound to result in more neg rep from people thinking you're a tit?

So do explain, you appear to be claiming to be the expert on the subject.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 23:11   #45
Phil^
Insomniac

its useless trying marv, Evidently he doesnt want to listen - only to whine
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 23:29   #46
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
its useless trying marv, Evidently he doesnt want to listen - only to whine
I was looking forward to a good explanation as well.

You're right though.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 23:38   #47
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Any suggestions for nice ways of saying.... get the finger out?
As if I can tell JJ what to do
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 02:28   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
One might argue that if someone went to the trouble of giving reputation, be it either positive or negative, it means they valued or disliked a post and as such the rep is valid on its own merit. Of course there will be the occasional giving of reputation for the heck of it rather than for an individual post. In such a case, however, one could argue that it is based off the actual non-numeric reputation someone has, in which case it still carries a modicum of validity - although ideally the reputation system should of course be primarily based on individual post quality.

In simple terms, if you act like a tosser you're more likely to receive negative rep than when you act like Fonzie from Happy Days. There's nothing really wrong with that.
I'd tend to agree with this. Anyways seeing as it's a new year I guess we can change how reputation works. It's fairly easy to do but it wouldn't be fair on people have repped thinking it to be anonymous if I changed it now without any warning. There is a coding solution to this I believe and so this post is now a placeholder to remind me to ask someone about it all.

PS This is an appalling thread and I'd like to point out my severe dislike for everyone involved in it including myself.
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 04:07   #49
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

27 Jul 2006 19:35 for saying PDS
This one made me laugh, I think I deserved it...
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 12:13   #50
CBA
Mind-boggling

hehe gotta love the AD posters/community

Neg Reps 10 Jan 2007 07:55 oh you asked for it
Neg Reps 10 Jan 2007 06:59 i dont like your forums nick
Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 18:59 LOL@NEG REPS
Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 18:34 complaining about neg rep, shame on you.
Neg Reps 9 Jan 2007 18:24 have some neg rep!

and cheers JBG