User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Mar 2009, 15:29   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Ship Builders Unite!

Ok so I was looking at others ways the change the current production system.

1) Keep the current 3 factories (Light/Medium/Heavy).

2) If you have 0 factories in a meta class, you cannot produce anything, and any current production is stopped until you have built a new factory in that meta class.

3) Each planet has 6 production lines (Fi/CO/FR/DE/CR/BS) and a prefix build time of 8 ticks (slots), you can add production to the end of the line (as like the old days).

4) Each factory you build reduces production costs by 5%, up to a maximum of 15%.

NOTES:
a) I did have the idea, that you could have fi/co taking less time to build than cr/bs, but we're still talking about the same amount of resouces.

b) I also toyed with the idea that each factory reduces time taken to build ships, but then thats not a very useful bonus.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 18:24   #2
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ship Builders Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
3) Each planet has 6 production lines (Fi/CO/FR/DE/CR/BS) and a prefix build time of 8 ticks (slots), you can add production to the end of the line (as like the old days).
Whats the advantage of "production lines?" You're saying that rather than adding to an existing order, we will have to place an entirely new one?

You must have a grudge against prod hiders
Quote:
4) Each factory you build reduces production costs by 5%, up to a maximum of 15%.
It looks to me like you're just trying to implement feudalism into the actual mechanics of production, rather than making it a choice. I really don't see any positive effects of this idea, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote