User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Sep 2008, 21:07   #1
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Whats up with the top galaxy

Top gal loosing roids, and one planet closed?
They got caught being naughty?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2008, 21:11   #2
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Whats up with the top galaxy

No idea about the closed planet part, but i thought the lost roids may be rather obviously down to the at least 2 full allies hitting them...

p.s thanks for the roids B-Butcher

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2008, 21:13   #3
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

"When this scan was done the target planet was closed."
Is 9:8 and 1:7 batteling it out for top gal now?

and no problem ElAlan, ur welcomed back any time

Unread 18 Sep 2008, 21:44   #4
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No clue. At my planet I traded a couple of roids for 32 million resources from salvage. Quite some profit there :-)
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 01:46   #5
Kenny

The hit on 1:7 was b-butch3r abusing the little CT resources we actually have to keep his galaxy in contention for first spot. If I hadn't been making the most of freshers week I'd have caught it sooner.

This kind of "show of strength" was ill-applied and about two weeks too late to make any kind of difference to the alliance rankings. The execution was well organised, but having 14-fleets per wave is a little denial-esque to be effective in the grand scheme of things.

There were goals acheived today, for sure. Who's though, is another matter.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 01:54   #6
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Especially when you consider that 2 of only 3 landings on Ascendancy planets were absolutely ruinous for the attackers despite the number of fleets. It's quite the loose grip you seem to have on things over there Kenny.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 02:29   #7
Kenny

I never implied I had any kind of grip to begin with. I'm not HC, I'm simply trying to step up and help when I have the time available. It just so happens that university life is kicking off and I'd rather be out this week than sat in front of a computer telling people how to send binary ships at binary planets.

If this round has proved anything it's that you can have the good plans and good ideas fall through because of lack of participation. It's also proved that as long as you surround yourself with people who can play, you don't actually have to be any good at the game to do well.

And just to make a point - could Ascendancy please stop sending Xan fakes at people with incoming scans+enough amps to get past distorters. You look like twats.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 03:13   #8
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
The execution was well organised, but having 14-fleets per wave is a little denial-esque to be effective in the grand scheme of things.
Yes, because copying a tactic that an alliance used to gain #1 is idiotic.

Considering you've said on countless occasions that you bare no ill feelings towards Denial, in almost every thread u have shown that you still bare a grudge, but thats ok. I'd just like u to move on for your own sanity thats all
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 03:54   #9
Kenny

I'm sorry - who won round 26? I'm fairly sure it wasn't the alliance that employed the tactic I was referring to. Furthermore, you are foolish to believe that there's a single person in Planetarion to think that it was in any way whatsoever a good idea. Contrary to popular belief, that was arguably the most embarassing thing we did that round tactically.

Given you weren't in Denial in R26 (or even playing tbh), please stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

Disc, it's you that has the obsession. In two threads, and the 6-ish posts since I started posting on the forums again - I have made but one reference to Denial, and that was the one featured above.

You need to learn to tell the difference between a casually observed point of reference, and a digression in topic with deeper connotations. I think it is you that needs to move on, so consider this my request to you to do just that.

Oh, and your sig is retarded.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 04:58   #10
.Disc.

Yes Ascendancy won r26 while you were HC of Denial. I did infact start at about 500 that round.

Denial won r27, you were not Denial HC then, enough said

Now your flaming my sig? Yours says while you've been away you've revolutionised your life, maybe go away for abit longer and revolutionise your personality? Just a thought

Ontopic, it doesn't matter who wins the round, who wins top galaxy, Ascendancy wiped the floor with the lot of you, congratulations to them, the thing i don't understand is, what exactly does United Fleets gain from these raids on Ascendancy planets? judging by universe page your not denting them much. Personally i just think its a poor attempt at trying to gain abit of publicity.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 05:48   #11
Kenny

Congratulations on proving my point about obsession.

My personality is subjective to those who know me. Given that you're not one of these people, I'll take any opinions you have on the matter as irrellevent (much the same as I view you in general).

And when you say 'Asc wiped the floor with the lot of you' - you realise that you yourself were included in that, right?

If you read the thread properly (which lets face it, you'd probably struggle with, given the extensive amount of posts), you would observe that I had nothing to do with the flooding of fleets on Asc planets, and have infact spoken out against them as a monumental waste of time.

.Disc. you've not been around long enough, or done enough with your time in this game to ever be able to get one over on me. You can rack up all the cheap digs that you like, but me > you any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I think the reason you get so defensive over the things I say is that you know I'm right, and you're really quite insecure about it.

But it's ok, at least your sig has improved. Although, you've put two opening <Input> tags instead of closing one of them - if you're going to use the internet, at least understand it first.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 06:21   #12
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Whats up with the top galaxy

Quote:
.Disc. you've not been around long enough, or done enough with your time in this game to ever be able to get one over on me. You can rack up all the cheap digs that you like, but me > you any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

normally i would use this opportuniy to say something flamey and irrelevant, but that was probably the best rebuttal ive read on these forums in an extremely long time, so i'll go ahead and be nice

high five kenny o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 08:16   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My personality is subjective to those who know me.
What does this mean?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 09:23   #14
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Out of interest Kenny, which nights did you run CT's attacks?

I'm just wondering how many 'loltastic' and pathetic attempts at roiding Asc you planned, as you condemn the tactics used to attack 1:7 you surely have some "well I did X which resulted in Y" to backup your statements. Otherwise you are in the same boat as B-Butch3r, in the "nice try, but you suck" and certainly not in a position to pass judgment.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 12:52   #15
.Disc.

Quote:
And when you say 'Asc wiped the floor with the lot of you' - you realise that you yourself were included in that, right?

If you read the thread properly (which lets face it, you'd probably struggle with, given the extensive amount of posts), you would observe that I had nothing to do with the flooding of fleets on Asc planets, and have infact spoken out against them as a monumental waste of time.

I think the reason you get so defensive over the things I say is that you know I'm right, and you're really quite insecure about it.

But it's ok, at least your sig has improved. Although, you've put two opening <Input> tags instead of closing one of them - if you're going to use the internet, at least understand it first.
Lmao, u really are a complete and utter idiot

Ofcourse Asc wiped the floor with me, but from the point i saw that CareBears wasn't going to survive i haven't exactly done an awful lot with my planet.

Your right about your not flooding fleets on Asc, because your United Fleets attempt at good publicity fell on its ass, and there are more people in that room laughing at you than behind you.

I've not been around long enough? Ive played on and off from round1

Round 1-10.5
Round 18-21
Round 26-28

i'd say 18 rounds are long enough, and im quite insulted by the fact your slating me, when you had an amazing start due to high xp, u had lots of roids, and now your what? rank 400+?

Lastly, if u fail to see the sarcasm in my sig with the whole <Input> bit, then i feel very sorry for you.

Last edited by .Disc.; 19 Sep 2008 at 13:01.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 13:05   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pot, kettle.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 14:12   #17
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Black.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 14:23   #18
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:

And just to make a point - could Ascendancy please stop sending Xan fakes at people with incoming scans+enough amps to get past distorters. You look like twats.
Incoming Scan on x:y:z in tick 807Fleet: roiding time ! Mission: Attack
Illusion 1999
Mirage 1
Total Ships: 100466

Information stored for x:y:z - nick=riem alliance=Conspiracy

fresh one from your ally, there have been tons of those attacking us aswell. It's more a decline in player quality in general than an asc problem..

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by wakey; 19 Sep 2008 at 22:02.
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 14:57   #19
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Out of interest Kenny, which nights did you run CT's attacks?

I'm just wondering how many 'loltastic' and pathetic attempts at roiding Asc you planned, as you condemn the tactics used to attack 1:7 you surely have some "well I did X which resulted in Y" to backup your statements. Otherwise you are in the same boat as B-Butch3r, in the "nice try, but you suck" and certainly not in a position to pass judgment.
That's flawed logic. I don't need to be able to drive a race car in order to know the guy who finishes last all the time sucks, so why should I need a CV to "back up" my assessment of the situation.

And I condemn the tactics used on 1:7 simply because they were for personal gain and to the detriment of the alliance overall. I don't need your permission, blessing or even acknowledgement to do that.

mz - it means that how people view my personality is a matter of perspective, with the people who know me being in the best position to judge.

.Disc. I get sarcasm fine, all you're doing is looking like you're trying to be funny, and failing miserably. The "Quirky/Philosophical Quote" is fine, but at least surround it with what looks like proper HTML (hence the whole point behind the tags) or you look like you fail to understand basic principles.

United Fleets was never meant to be 100% serious. Again, those who know me will get that, especially given the name I used. I tried a 'call to arms' to try and acheive the success that newdawn failed to get in rallying troops and uniting alliances in an attempt to topple Asc. In a way, you're right Disc - it was a publicity stunt. But I wouldn't call it a total failure. Alliances are now working together and cooperating more closely. I really can't help it if we STILL suck, and to imply it was ever my responsibility to run everything in the four alliances (which actually turned out to be just three) is simply naive.

And Zotnam, dont even get me started on the quality in CT
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 15:37   #20
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's flawed logic. I don't need to be able to drive a race car in order to know the guy who finishes last all the time sucks, so why should I need a CV to "back up" my assessment of the situation.
Because otherwise what is your assessment based upon? You have limited knowledge and no experience, why would anyone want your assessment at all?

(Edit: Loving the infighting in CT on a public board, good work!)
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 15:40   #21
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm sorry - who won round 26? I'm fairly sure it wasn't the alliance that employed the tactic I was referring to. Furthermore, you are foolish to believe that there's a single person in Planetarion to think that it was in any way whatsoever a good idea. Contrary to popular belief, that was arguably the most embarassing thing we did that round tactically.
Sending fakes that can be incoming scanned? It's worked for me in the past, and was actually a great idea.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 15:46   #22
Kenny

Lol, if Asc posted on a "who-wants-to-hear-it" basis, these would be very quiet forums!

And what are these forums for if not for entertainment? People forget some times that this is just a game, and to treat it like an official center of politics is laughable. CT is a group of people playing the same game under the same banner, does it really really matter if we're not seen to be seeing eye to eye all the time?
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 15:48   #23
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Sending fakes that can be incoming scanned? It's worked for me in the past, and was actually a great idea.
I don't think you'll find that that's what I was referring to.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 16:24   #24
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

Quote:
You could be referring to me here and as useless an insult as it is I'm going to defend it anyway. When the raid scans were done stifler couldn't scan me with his amps. I gambled on him building something other than amps in between scans and launch time, my gamble didn't pay off but oh well one wasted fleet isn't going to lose asc the war.

But if your point is that ascendancy isn't any better than the competition why is your 4 (3?) alliance block failing to make any impact at all?
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 16:26   #25
Kenny

Impact lol.

Ahem.

And I'm just trying to remind you that while as a unit you're performing well above the standard - you're still human and not completely perfect. I dunno, some times it seems you guys need to be reminded of this as you have a tendancy to forget.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 17:51   #26
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Impact lol.

Ahem.

And I'm just trying to remind you that while as a unit you're performing well above the standard - you're still human and not completely perfect. I dunno, some times it seems you guys need to be reminded of this as you have a tendancy to forget.
Nobody claims we are perfect. We are, however, less shit at this game than the rest of you.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 17:59   #27
Kenny

I know
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 20:58   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Nobody claims we are perfect.
Speak for yourself
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 21:07   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Impact lol.

Ahem.

While we aren't perfect (and no alliance ever has been), regardless of the lack of competition, Ascendancy are playing a good round in context of the history of planetarion. And let me make it clear, this is well well above the current standard of play. They have been swamped on several occasions, defended resolutely yet still been able to take the game to their enemies and exact retribution upon them.

Now while Ascendancy's opponents' strategies and political moves have been far from perfect (in fact at times they verge on the moronic) Ascendancy man for man this round probably wouldn't look out of place in one of the early rounds. While they might not have outgunned really big alliances like Xanadu or Fury, they would certainly hold a fair deal of political weight and be considered a threat by them. The only difference is that in these rounds, the numbers involved were much larger and the logistics more difficult as a consequence and that is what made it harder for those organising to play the game.

The main task for us is to finish the job and dominate right to the last tick. I hope we can achieve that. If we achieve that, I think we can very pleased, if not proud of our performance - simply because we'd have shown the universe what we are capable of when we put our minds to it.
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 21:30   #30
Kenny

It's just a shame you're so inconsistent about it.

The universe (or at least the ones who know wtf they are talking about) has never questioned Asc's ability, but merely their commitment. This round has proved the ability, but the fact that it's such a rare performance only underlines the fact that most of the time - you can't be bothered.

And lets not kid ourselves, the universe is chasing a 2nd spot that frankly, nobody is particularly fussed about chasing.

It's a shame we can have such a good and balanced round like last round, only for it to come to this. I'm genuinely curious to see if Asc can double the score of #2. Let's be honest, that surely must be your goal by this point...
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 22:31   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I disagree.
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 03:27   #32
.Disc.

Quote:
I'm genuinely curious to see if Asc can double the score of #2. Let's be honest, that surely must be your goal by this point...
It will never happen, purely due to the fact of XP, value wise maybe, still doubtful, but maybe, but deffo not score wise
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 10:36   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

The universe (or at least the ones who know wtf they are talking about) has never questioned Asc's ability, but merely their commitment. This round has proved the ability, but the fact that it's such a rare performance only underlines the fact that most of the time - you can't be bothered.

Quote:
It's a shame we can have such a good and balanced round like last round, only for it to come to this. I'm genuinely curious to see if Asc can double the score of #2. Let's be honest, that surely must be your goal by this point...
I don't know about you, but there seems to be a huge ****ing contradiction here. You want us to play our A games, yet at the same time you want an open round. Can you decide and get back to me please?
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 14:57   #34
Kenny

There's no contradiction here. Asc stepped their game up several notches, and everyone esle fell apart this round. If Asc were awesome all the time, other alliances would have a 'bar' that they knew they'd have to meet in order to do well...
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 16:31   #35
.Disc.

Ascendancy shouldn't have to set a "bar" for everyone else to meet, if other alliances just set out to do as well as possible, with the most dedication possible, and the most organisation possible, then they can set their own bar, if they can't reach as high as Ascendancys "bar" then they should go back to the drawing board in order to think up a strategy to reach Ascendancy's "bar" height.
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 17:10   #36
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Having now had experience in several of the mentioned situations here, I think I can comment thusly:

Kenny, you're retarded.

Disc, it's useless arguing with him, he won't see logic.

Watching now the reaction of Asc to the attempts on their planets is actually quite fun. It really makes those trying to attack look like complete laughing stocks.

Kenny said that this round is unbalanced and last round was balanced, and that Asc stepped up their game...I think it is true, this round is unbalanced, but as for stepping up the game, I don't believe thats it. Asc have always been this skilled, everyone knows too, but last round there was a concentrated effort by Denial to win, and thus they would need to beat Asc to do that. Now when Denial started to run away with things, politics turned against them, and this created a very fluid top 3 rankings, thus more balance. Now it seems this round the politics did not turn early enough, or people just lacked the resolve to do anything, but Asc basically kept going on their merry little way while everyone else fell farther behind in their lack of accomplishing anything.

My planet alone proves that the skilled players left in this game are drastically thinning and becoming more and more concentrated in fewer and fewer alliances.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 17:39   #37
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
I think it is true, this round is unbalanced, but as for stepping up the game, I don't believe thats it. Asc have always been this skilled, everyone knows too, but last round there was a concentrated effort by Denial to win, and thus they would need to beat Asc to do that. Now when Denial started to run away with things, politics turned against them, and this created a very fluid top 3 rankings, thus more balance. Now it seems this round the politics did not turn early enough, or people just lacked the resolve to do anything, but Asc basically kept going on their merry little way while everyone else fell farther behind in their lack of accomplishing anything.
I hate to kill the basis of your argument there, but the case for Asc is that we probably didnt have that many people bothering to make an impact last round. I know that a good bunch of people in Asc did not play last round, or at least not for the Asc tag (we dont have any "you can only be in this one alliance" rules). So, yeah, we did somewhat step up for this round. But we did not really expect the easy ride we had.
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 18:07   #38
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
Kenny, you're retarded.
That's like a blind man shouting at somebody for not watching where they're going, whilst they're carrying groceries for an old lady and making sure kids don't run in to the street.

Because there's buses.
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 19:28   #39
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well for me it seems people are playing much more galaxy based now days.
People will defend against their own allies, for saving roids at their gal mates planets(playing in a hostile alliance).

Unread 20 Sep 2008, 19:33   #40
Kenny

I don't mind you playing for your gal, what I mind is you trying to get CT to play for your gal.
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 19:55   #41
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
This isn't true at all. The reality is that we have played most of the recent rounds with ~40 active planets in the tag. This round we're playing with 75 and that's the difference you notice. I very strongly suspect the reason we don't play with with more members generally is because the amount of effort required from the few for the benefit of the many rises almost exponentially. Whether or which, I certainly wouldn't say the standard of individual play in Ascendancy has been higher this round than previously.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2008, 19:55   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc. View Post
Ascendancy shouldn't have to set a "bar" for everyone else to meet, if other alliances just set out to do as well as possible, with the most dedication possible, and the most organisation possible, then they can set their own bar, if they can't reach as high as Ascendancys "bar" then they should go back to the drawing board in order to think up a strategy to reach Ascendancy's "bar" height.
Actually, if they want to win, they should meet the bar Ascendancy has set. And overtake it.
Unread 21 Sep 2008, 00:05   #43
BiGBaD
beer is my middle name!

BiGBaD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Top gal loosing roids, and one planet closed?
They got caught being naughty?
clearly naughty..... all of 'em......
Unread 21 Sep 2008, 20:57   #44
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Actually, if they want to win, they should meet the bar Ascendancy has set. And overtake it.
I'm pretty sure the last sentence of what I wrote states that, i said "If they can't reach the heigh of the bar Asc has set, go back to the drawing board".
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 08:07   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Then either you're contradicting yourself, or I haven't a clue what you were trying to say.

P.S. "both" is an acceptable and probable answer.
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 15:14   #46
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Then either you're contradicting yourself, or I haven't a clue what you were trying to say.

P.S. "both" is an acceptable and probable answer.
What im trying and think i succeeded in pointing out is, its not Asc who are trend setters, its upto individual alliances to do as well as they possibly can, you are just trying to cause an arguement by slating what i write, you do it quite often, so im used to it now, I tend to generally just ignore your statements, no matter how correct or uncorrect they are.
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 15:41   #47
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
What im trying and think i succeeded in pointing out is, its not Asc who are trend setters, its upto individual alliances to do as well as they possibly can, you are just trying to cause an arguement by slating what i write, you do it quite often, so im used to it now, I tend to generally just ignore your statements, no matter how correct or uncorrect they are.
I think this follows a fallacy that an alliance is static entity. If Ascendancy has set a bar this round, it doesn't mean that next round you have to reach up to that bar to win. I'd argue that 1up in round 14 didn't reach up to the bar set by 1up in round 11. Both of those wins were dominant, but 1up in round 14 was not as good as round 11.

Next round someone has to win. To do this, they have to do better than everyone playing next round. If Ascendancy is as good next round as this, they'll need to raise their game. If not, then maybe Denial should come back and win another round by 2m score.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 15:54   #48
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
How you manage to classify my posts in this thread as "slating" is beyond me, but whatever makes you happy. If you think my posts are unacceptable, report me. If not, stop whining.

P.S. I hope this won't turn into yet another biased mods topic; it does grow tiresome.
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 23:53   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That got pretty epically bad there for a few posts. Let's try and avoid that happening again.
Unread 24 Sep 2008, 11:09   #50
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

JBG to the rescue!