User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 17 Aug 2009, 21:57   #1
williams

williams is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Structure Killers in Fighter and Corvettes Class

Whats your Decision???

Simple yes or no wil do, i know some want to post endless stories about there reasons but a simple yes or no wil do fine

Thanks All.
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 21:58   #2
williams

Re: Structure Killers in Fighter and Corvettes Class

My vote is No
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:00   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My vote is for you to shut up. Will a mod please delete this utterly irrelevant thread so zaejii can continue making the stats as he sees fit.
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:04   #4
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

^^ what he said.

in a set of stats where there is not much 2 tick defence making cr/bs ships, fr/de ships, and fi/co ships just as viable to land (excluding galaxy defence) - where the sk's are should not matter.

that being said, i do not care where they end up, but if you would take time look at the stats i doubt you would want them to end up in zik fr/de/cr/bs (as far as that race goes). with the way these stats are set up, if all of the sk's were in cr/bs with the mechanic set in play where 2 tick def is rarely useful at best with the cr/bs fleets for most races being one a lot of people have expressed interest in playing - you will probably see more of them.
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:40   #5
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

And I still feel it's important to point out that you need Siege Hulls (that's the third one, yes!) to actually be able to produce SKs.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:59   #6
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

Lets add new dimensions to the game.
NewDawn - Scanner - Round 31
NewDawn - HC/Peon - Round 32
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - Peon - Round 33/34
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
damo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 23:36   #7
TXC
xVx

TXC is on a distinguished road

sk's i have never bought 1 of and will never do, tho i see both sides of this discussion i vote a clear no
TXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 02:38   #8
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
And I still feel it's important to point out that you need Siege Hulls (that's the third one, yes!) to actually be able to produce SKs.
Why does having siege hulls need to be a standard prerequisite for SK's? What if your race doesnt have the option to build a CR/BS class ship?

This thread and argument is ridiculous and has absolutely no foundation besides "i dont like SK's"

Find an actual reason why Fi/Co SK's are bad please

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 03:44   #9
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

its always just been "one of those things" posi. you still build them with the requisite factory though afaik.
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 19:27   #10
williams

Lol like not listening to the people in the community and doing your own thingy you also want to put away this forum post?? good going peeps.

Last round it was a clear no why do you put it back in again??? I know you love to lose members for this game it seems!

its always just been "one of those things" posi. you still build them with the requisite factory though afaik. <=== exactly like respecting you need cr/bs hulls to make sks respect peoples wishes to have no sks in fi/co class!!!
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 22:50   #11
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

Where can i vote? I vote Yes!
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 23:52   #12
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

SKs play a very small role in this game, mainly because you need to research siege hulls 3 to get it. If it just stays like this, then people need to make a large sacrifice to get SKs. So why change something that is working ? (atleast i rarely see people complain about them)
I vote SKs to stay as they are now for that reason.

Nice language there JBG, you are really helpful!! I suppose you were too drunk to find the right words needed to kindly point him to last rounds discussion about SKs
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2009, 00:33   #13
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

The discussion last round wasn't about SKs being Fi/Co - it was about them being the same class as pods. That's a very different proposition.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2009, 02:29   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

it remains that SKs in FiCo class are not a problem as long as they're not in the race pod class. That doesn't deserve a heated discussion, hardly a discussion at all.
ArcChas is right, last round the discussion was completely different.
Unread 19 Aug 2009, 18:32   #15
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

wiggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2009, 18:44   #16
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

cov ops are far more dirty then SKs ever were. Also I didnt see anyone come up with any serious reasons to remove either of them. Ive seen you rant about this in #pastats too williams.

Both there and inhere you dont have any real support. If the community is really so much on one line with you, then where are they now? Or where were they when you came to #pastats? Your attitude is wrong; you are claiming to have the silent masses on your side. You dont, they probably dont give a f* about SKs. As for killing oot scanners, thats a pretty cool tactic. If you are worried about it then just take your scanners intag/ingal.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2009, 17:42   #17
williams

Oh well clearly i have lots of support here but you need glasses it seems and i dont rant. You wil see what happens with people that play planetarion after you do this.
Unread 20 Aug 2009, 18:12   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You realise exactly one person has agreed with you in this thread, right?

I mean, I totally agree that JBG could be less of a cock, but he's pretty much right. We had a poll about a similar issue last round, and it came out pretty even. Had the poll been about the question if there should be fi/co SKs, there isn't a doubt on my mind the poll would have come out significantly in favour of the "yes" voters.

As posi said, this thread is just a "I don't like SKs" whine, without any arguments why fi/co SKs should not be in the game. Yeah, providing arguments makes threads longer than simple yes and no answers, but the simple matter is that votes carry no weight; arguments do.

So, if you have good reasons why fi/co SKs should not be allowed in the game, I'm sure everyone (well, almost everyone) would be glad to hear them. If not, can we please let this thread die?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 20 Aug 2009 at 20:37. Reason: so bad
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2009, 10:40   #19
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

FI/CO SK's?

Retarded.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2009, 10:48   #20
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
FI/CO SK's?

Retarded.
As if more proof were needed that FI/CO SK's are actually a bloody good idea!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 10:39   #21
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Structure killers are a way to truely devastate a planet if you manage to land several waves including them. Having SKs in FI/CO class reduces the time window and opportunities for alliance def against such waves, hence making it more likely for people to get bombed to bits.

Now, looking at the _real_ situation in PA...
From what I´ve seen, structure killers get rarely used, despite the fact they´re usually in the same meta class as at least one pod, and pretty usable in teamups, which dominate attacks from mid round on. Most people obviously don´t even bother getting SK in the first place.

Coming to the end, there´s only one thing left to say: We´ve never had FI/CO class SKs, why not just try this out for once. If it turns out shit, scrap it for next round. It´s as simple as this.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 11:14   #22
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I thought we'd had Xan Fi (or Co) class SKs in at least one previous round.

(Although I may be mistaken).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote