User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Which day should the next round start
Monday 29 30.21%
Tuesday 2 2.08%
Wednesday 2 2.08%
Thursday 5 5.21%
Friday 53 55.21%
Saturday 3 3.13%
Sunday 15 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 23 Mar 2009, 21:48   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
Start of Next Round

I have another poll for everyone, I have been thinking about when to start the next round. It has been a friday for a while, but that might not suit everyone.

I was thinking perhaps sunday night might be better because everyone is almost guaranteed to be home.

Please could you vote on what your ideal start day would be for a round.

Obviously it will be the evening, it's just the day that I would like to vote on.
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:05   #2
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all
Re: Start of Next Round

The idea of fridays is/was that people can start off with their research and constructions during their free days (the weekend). That way everybody (or most, as some people work weekends) has a fair start.

If you would change the start to a sunday, as you suggest, people aren't always able to get online to start a new res/con item. Whch will place them behind on everybody else.

However, since you can now queue your research/constructions. The question you ask is a fair one.

Just my toughts about this idea.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:10   #3
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

No one day is going to suit "everyone". Friday is the best fit for the majority, so I wouldn't recommend changing it.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 23:11   #4
Storm3r
Furious Angel

Storm3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Friday suits a big % of "everyone".
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 01:17   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I've actually noticed a lack of participation on weekends than during week days, not sure why that is (everyother game gets a rise during weekend days).

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 01:44   #6
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

'Never' isnt an option, so i guess ill go with wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 02:21   #7
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Personally, Friday night starts are very bad for me, so it's nice to see this being opened up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I was thinking perhaps sunday night might be better because everyone is almost guaranteed to be home.
I take issue with this detail though: The evening the round starts has very little impact, there's very little to do so it doesn't really matter if you miss that first night (missing a whole 24 hours is a bigger issue).

However, as has been suggested multiple times in the past, it'd be nice to have the first few ticks running faster. Say 30min ticks for the first 24-48 hours. (I'll leave the details to the statisticians and mathematicians out there.) This would make the first night a bit more of an "event", and get the action going a bit sooner.

It'd be nice if it could be made so that the period of fast ticks applied to every new planet whenever they sign up but I can foresee this being more complicated to implement.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 02:31   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take a look at this thread before committing to anything Pete. Will take some coding, but will also keep most people from gouging their eyes out at the thought of sitting around all weekend, clicking a button once every hour.

I'm also agreeing with what posi mentioned; there;s not a "never" option in there anywhere

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 03:21   #9
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Hadn't seen that suggestion when I made my post above, but I like it!
Please check it out Pete!
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 03:48   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

It smells of "fix something that's not broken".
I understand the need for the new team to show they're doing things differently, but why not trying to fix the serious issues such as 'team up bashing' which has become the rule to attack big or small planets.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 06:21   #11
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

i had completely forgotten about that suggestion. nice dig up cochese

voted for monday just because i feel like a lot of people go out partying on the weekends. friday starts usually leave me with no sleep over the weekend while i init, which might end up better than not being able to sleep during the week - but a change could be nice!
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 22:09   #12
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

ive always thought how friday is the best solution.. aint normal ppl usually out that time? younger ones partying, tad older ones spending weekends off with family? i personally usually miss hell of a ticks cos of this friday thingy and cos of being away from home as much as possible and try to enjoy the free time from work :P

Imo monday is the best solution :P start of the week, ppl are around even if they are at work, etc.. also droxie brought out that now we got an option to queue the con and save the research, so its only about initiating roids

edit: ppl have diffrent commitments, etc. ofc.. so i must agree theres not a perfect time for all the players, that was just my own thought
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 00:13   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have been annoyed for years that they for some reason hate us drunkards, and wish to give us a shitty saturday night out with inniting roids on phone while drunk.

Plz start it on sunday / monday / tuesday / wednesday

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 01:11   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I picked Monday... just because I can.
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 01:12   #15
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Monday. Because I hate those and I won't play anyway.
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 01:12   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Marry me
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 02:14   #17
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Ähm, im out drinking on mondays! So am i on tuesdays... and sundays....

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 18:15   #18
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

I prefer Friday, as I dont work on weekends it gives me the chance to get my inital research going without missing any ticks.
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 22:55   #19
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

keep it friday please, I cant be up all night innitting roids on a work day
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 23:16   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

change the day the round starts its not like the 1st 72 ticks matter that much at rd end
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 12:35   #21
ellonweb

Why do you guys care about initing your precious roids so much? It counts for jack shit. Better waste your time at work doing it (or don't waste time at all) than waste a weekend initing!
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 15:35   #22
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Voted for monday. I other things todo then to sit at my computer in the weekends.
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 16:11   #23
adjuhh

adjuhh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I have been annoyed for years that they for some reason hate us drunkards, and wish to give us a shitty saturday night out with inniting roids on phone while drunk.

Plz start it on sunday / monday / tuesday / wednesday
Totally agreed! And when you have to work in between on saturday or play sports sunday it sucks even more! I'd say change the day it starts, upcomming round sunday, next one friday, etc...
adjuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 16:33   #24
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

monday ffs, friday and saturday is for drinking, sunday is for being hungover.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote