User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:45   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
War on a Shoestring Budget

Today, and last Wednesday there was a Public Tannoy announcement where I am working atm, (RAF Station)

Quote:

"Could all military personel in possesion of Desert warfare Clothing who are not in immediate need of it, Please hand it in to the Stores"

End Quote.

How crap is that when our Soldiers and service personell are expected to go to a combat situation without the basic equipment.

There was a rumour going around today that some Soldiers have been issued with Steel Toe Capped Boots?
Whether true or not, it is certainly indicative of how much value the UK Gov, places on the lives of Servicemen.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:48   #2
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
whats wrong with that??? if they're not using it someone else might as well, its goverment property after all.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:49   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
:\
though i do agree with nusselt there. no point in having the equipment lying around in someone's closet
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:09   #4
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
At least they didn't ask for guns.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:54   #5
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
I have a set of desert BDUs (battle dress uniform) stored here in a box about four meters from my computer, but it is mine. I am keeping it as a memento. I was never deployed to the desert, but my room mate was and did not want to keep them when he got out of the military.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 00:08   #6
Flash! Ah AHH!

you guys know nothing. when you buys shoes the laces ie SHOESTRINGS come with them. so therfore there is no such thing as a SHOESTRING BUDGET and would mean by your logic that the war has no funds WHICH IT HAS.

you work it out
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:59   #7
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Flash! Ah AHH!
you guys know nothing. when you buys shoes the laces ie SHOESTRINGS come with them. so therfore there is no such thing as a SHOESTRING BUDGET and would mean by your logic that the war has no funds WHICH IT HAS.

you work it out

Cabbage Ahoy!
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote