User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 May 2003, 02:01   #1
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Smallest country in the world

I know this has been up a time ago, but I lost the website of the country (saeland or something like that)
Any1 who can help me?
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 02:19   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The smallest not-made-up-for-a-laugh country is Vatican City.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 02:34   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
http://www.sealandgov.com/
Unread 10 May 2003, 12:12   #4
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Sealand isn't a country. It hasn't even got any land for crying out loud. It's like parking a boat in the middle of the Atlantic, dropping the anchor, and claiming it's a country.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 12:31   #5
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually there is even a smaller country than the Vatican. It is the Order of Templars, which is basically one building and the remnant of the Templar Crusaders.
Unread 10 May 2003, 12:41   #6
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Archi
Actually there is even a smaller country than the Vatican. It is the Order of Templars, which is basically one building and the remnant of the Templar Crusaders.
Find me somewhere showing that a major government recognises it as a country and I'll believe you.

By the way, there are organisations (like the Sovereign Military Order of Malta) which have "sovereignty" but not territory, and so are not countries.

Sealand, unfortunately for its inhabitants, has neither.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 10 May 2003, 13:31   #7
Archi
Mack Daddy

By the way, there are organisations (like the Sovereign Military Order of Malta) which have "sovereignty" but not territory, and so are not countries.

Actually the order of Malta is what I was trying to think of, I couldnt remember it off the top of my head. However I was watching a tv documentary on it and it is in the Guiness book of world records as the smallest country.
Unread 10 May 2003, 13:39   #8
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
The Order is still recognized under international law as a "sovereign entity"; and exchanges ambassadors and diplomatic representatives with over 90 countries. On August 24, 1994, the Order was admitted to the United Nations by being granted "Permanent Observer" status. This status, similar to the status granted to the international Red Cross and other relief organization, allows the Order to participate in the discussions of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
From the Sovereign Military Order of Malta's website. The Guiness Book of Records is therefore wrong.
Unread 10 May 2003, 13:45   #9
Archi
Mack Daddy

Well I stand corrected then.
Unread 10 May 2003, 15:03   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The smallest not-made-up-for-a-laugh country is Vatican City.
But even the Vatican is made up out of spite.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 15:30   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
But even the Vatican is made up out of spite.
Eh?
Unread 10 May 2003, 15:37   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It doesn't need to be there, they just feel like having there own country and sits in the middle of Italy to annoy people.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 16:04   #13
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
don't forget Singapore