User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:22   #51
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No-one has an "obligation" to do anything, really - aside from observe and respect the rights for others (which America frequently fails to do, but that's another issue).
Thanks for singling out the US once again. I am sure Europe is without sin. Ask about every country in Africa that Europe raped in the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. No my friend this is a problem of the west and not just an American issue.

Quote:
PS American used slaves nod heh. Long after the revolution.
We lost over half a million people and gutted half of our country trying to settle that one, we still struggle with it. So I dont want to hear that slavery bullsh*t!
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:23   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I agree about the sins of the father, but in the context of ownership and private property : If I steal something and then manage to retain physical posession of it until I die (whereupon I pass it to my son). Are you saying that in such a situation the "true" owners of the artefact have no moral right to reclaim the original item or at least some form of compensation?

The citizens of the United States and Europe are enjoying a standard of living which is (partially) the result of theft (or exploitation) of others.

As I say, I personally don't follow this "deserving" or "justice" based notions of redistribution, but that's the argument as it stands.

Unfortunately this is a case impossible to define. If the son then did something with that making it worth more, or different, or produced something else using it, would that then be his or the original owner's? Anyways must be off, ta ta.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:28   #53
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Archi
Thanks for singling out the US once again. I am sure Europe is without sin. Ask about every country in Africa that Europe raped in the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. No my friend this is a problem of the west and not just an American issue.
This thread is about America (mainly). The poster who I was responding to (Nod) was talking about America. Gee, I must have a real complex about America to have mentioned them alone

But you'll see in my later post I also mentioned Europe. If it'll make better for you : Europe's affect on the world is dramatically worse than the United States. As bad as the atrocities of Vietnam, etc they are but a shadow to the combined sins of Europe. Happy now?

And before anyone starts getting het-up about self-hating white men or such nonsense : I personally find it funny that Europe (and Europeans in an ehtnic sense) basically managed to cnut everyone on the planet. We rocked.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:31   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
And before anyone starts getting het-up about self-hating white men or such nonsense : I personally find it funny that Europe (and Europeans in an ehtnic sense) basically managed to cnut everyone on the planet. We rocked.
England invented the Concentration Camp. Now there's an idea that went far.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:32   #55
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Unfortunately this is a case impossible to define.
Just because it's a difficult issue doesn't mean it's one we should ignore or simply define as impossible. I don't think you can say that taking money from Europeans (or whomever) by force is evil without considering situations like the one I've outlined.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
England invented the Concentration Camp. Now there's an idea that went far.
It's alright, the Boers were evil anyway.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:35   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
.It's alright, the Boers were evil anyway.
Just like those damn jews?
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:36   #57
Archi
Mack Daddy

Quote:
This thread is about America (mainly). The poster who I was responding to (Nod) was talking about America. Gee, I must have a real complex about America to have mentioned them alone

But you'll see in my later post I also mentioned Europe. If it'll make better for you : Europe's affect on the world is dramatically worse than the United States. As bad as the atrocities of Vietnam, etc they are but a shadow to the combined sins of Europe. Happy now?

fair enuf
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:37   #58
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I have done nothing to them. My ancestors did nothing to them. I give to them of my own free will. I will help them as much as I want to. I will not force others to help them. It is not ok to rip someone off if it's legal, I was just proposing a solution for them if others act in an unjust fashion. I repeat I will not correct one wrong through another.
I'm not talking about forcing people to help other people, I am talking about acting responsibly in the first place. It is all very well and good saying the wast puts food on the plates of he poor people, but when you pay more money for a jar of coffee than the person who picked that coffee earns in a day, just to sate the greed of some shareholder, then that is exploitation, and it's just plain immoral.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:40   #59
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
They killed Jesus.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:42   #60
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
They killed Jesus.
Jesus was a jew.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:46   #61
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
that served a purpose. we would never have found out about Erik Magnus Lehnsherr .

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 01:39   #62
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Bought from where?
Food - Help make the ground suitable for growing crops all year round, irrigation and the like.
Clean water - Clean the existing water supplies.
Shelter - build adequate shelter.

Although for some reason I don't think that was your point.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 11:27   #63
Archi
Mack Daddy

What is lost behind the horror of the holocaust is that the Germans did have an axe to grind with the Jews. In 1919 Communists tried to start a revoloution in Germany that had to be put down with what remained of the German army. What is not generally known is that a lot of the ringleaders were Jews. The communists were the arch-enemies of the nazis, so when the nazis came to power it was in their interests to get rid of their number one rival. Another reason is that a lot of bankers, doctors, lawyers, jewelers, lawyers and other proffesionals were Jews. During the depression, which hit Germany harder than any other country. It was easy to point a finger at an ethnic group that was well to do, while the rest of the country was starving. So when you combine these two factors you get the death camps of WW2. I am not saying that this justifies the holocaust (nothing justifies genocide). I am just saying that they just did not just decide to kill Jews because they did not like them.
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 12:48   #64
wu_trax

Poland "buys" 48 F-16 for that they gat a $3.8 bn financing-package and a promise for $9.8 bn of investments from the US
is this the kind of "aid" you give away?
so much for "free markets"
(and yes, slowly im really becoming anti-american :/, sorry for that)