User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:04   #51
bobble

bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Actually, no. Most of the people on several forums online (I frequent a lot more than just gaming forums) claim to be in their middle ages. Now unless there's a hidden agenda among US kids to pretend to be between 30-50 and even create "what will you get the kids for christmas" to keep it up, I can say that especially Americans in their middle ages are the ones that scare the **** out of me - because they don't have the excuse of juvenile stupidity.
I'd say that 230 million is a rather large amount of apples for one container. Having said that, if you pick 100 at random and 95 are bad, I think it's fair to say that it's unlikely you had the only 95 bad ones in the lot.
I do. Anyone who can't use 3 sentences without using the word '****ing' does not win the Nobel Prize in my book.
Where have I claimed that I thought of anyone in this thread as 'hideously stupid'? Learn to read and don't jump to conclusions.
Again, don't assume I only know Americans from online gaming forums. I have met enough Americans and know enough people who have met Americans, and who shared exactly the same thoughts as me. And that's not coincidence.
Key word above 'claim'. People claim a lot of things on the internet. Or are you one of those that believe everything you find on the internet? If so, I have some land for sale for you.
i didnt know choice of words was a sign of intelligence. i guess that's news for the world. i think we should scrap the school thing and just rate people based on if they cuss or not.
'hideously stupid' was a term used to possibly describe american teens above. read it again. i didnt jump to any conclusions.
im sure you know tons of americans. after all, you claim to.
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:06   #52
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now, here's something I happened to notice

Quote:
Election = Internal Policy
Invading other Countries = Foreign Policy
Election issues concerning UN resolutions = Foreign Policy
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:09   #53
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by bobble
Key word above 'claim'. People claim a lot of things on the internet.
Seeing as I have met a good few people on this particular forum, and they all turned out to be at the very least the same age as they claimed to be at the forum, I very much doubt age is something that is highly regarded as the thing to lie about on an internet forum.
Quote:
i didnt know choice of words was a sign of intelligence.
That's why some books are harder to read than others.
Quote:
'hideously stupid' was a term used to possibly describe american teens above.
'hideously stupid' is my view of a lot of people on the Internet. I seems to be something more prevalent among Americans, though there are plenty of people from other countries fitting the bill.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:12   #54
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now, here's something I happened to notice

Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
It was actually my post that got deleted temporarily. I would also like to note that I have never posted at DF3. I was not aware of the DF3 discussion board until I came back here after a three-month absence. I played PA for three rounds, but not the last round.

As to the veterans, almost everyone believed them until recently when people -- not content to claim veteran status in Vietnam -- started claiming they were special forces. A little research was done and it was found that thousands of veterans were being treated in veteran's hospitals for free when they had never served in the military.

Most Americans think the United States is a better place to live than the rest of the world. But most of them only know other countries from watching the television. I have lived in Europe for the last 14 years, so I do not necesarily agree with them. I would prefer to live in Heidelberg, Germany myself. Communication is a bit easier in Dallas for me than it is in Heidelberg.

Leshy has it right above... almost. It is politically incorrect to compare the policies of the leader of one's ally to that of Hitler. Especially if you are a German politician. You notice she resigned her job.
I'm not sure you should be glad or sad because you missed the DF3 affair. Altho I happilly link you to some threads there:
(1)
(2)
(Chat forums)

I guess everyone view is limitted to what the media reports, but still I'm a tad bothered by the short-sightedness of a lot of the Americans I've met on the net. I think it's because of the media that mostly reports local news and doesn't give any insight on other cultures. Still, I find that one should look further than their nose is long.

And yes, I agree that it's politically incorrect to have called Bush a "Hitler", but I also feel that the minister has actually said what many people thought (in not exactly that same wording ofcourse). I personally found the American policy at that moment a tad too aggressive and it looked like they really wanted to push countries in joining. I know several people who had that exact same view on the situation.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:12   #55
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now, here's something I happened to notice

Quote:
And of course it isn't politically incorrect to accept a clause that allows you to invade the country of one of your allies to liberate Americans which are being brought to justice there for crimes against humanity

Political Correctness sucks.
I think you need to look more closely at the words of the "Attack on the Netherlands act."

The difference between the two actions are the people of the United States did not want their military service members tried by Syria, Iraq and North Korea in the World Court versus a politician wanted to get re-elected in Germany.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:16   #56
Šiscorporation

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now, here's something I happened to notice

Quote:
I think you need to look more closely at the words of the "Attack on the Netherlands act."

The difference between the two actions are the people of the United States did not want their military service members tried by Syria, Iraq and North Korea in the World Court versus a politician wanted to get re-elected in Germany.
what is the difference? If a person commits an act labelled under the 'warcrimes' section, what difference does it make which country files the suit?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:18   #57
bobble

Quote:
Seeing as I have met a good few people on this particular forum, and they all turned out to be at the very least the same age as they claimed to be at the forum, I very much doubt age is something that is highly regarded as the thing to lie about on an internet forum.
That's why some books are harder to read than others.
'hideously stupid' is my view of a lot of people on the Internet. I seems to be something more prevalent among Americans, though there are plenty of people from other countries fitting the bill.
i didnt say it was "THE" thing to lie about. I said it was often lied about. many things are lied about on the internet by many people.
books with harder words != books that only highly intelligent people can read. Intelligence is a measure of several different aspects. Vocabulary would be ONE of these. (see how we're looking at bigger pictures here?)
I'd say it's 'hideously stupid' to make rash unfounded generalizations. i find this to be a common theme among young people, of ALL countries, no more or less than in any other. I'm sure you've taken down statistics to back up your claim though. Truly I'm sure.
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:31   #58
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Now, here's something I happened to notice

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
snipped links

I guess everyone view is limitted to what the media reports, but still I'm a tad bothered by the short-sightedness of a lot of the Americans I've met on the net. I think it's because of the media that mostly reports local news and doesn't give any insight on other cultures. Still, I find that one should look further than their nose is long.

And yes, I agree that it's politically incorrect to have called Bush a "Hitler", but I also feel that the minister has actually said what many people thought (in not exactly that same wording ofcourse). I personally found the American policy at that moment a tad too aggressive and it looked like they really wanted to push countries in joining. I know several people who had that exact same view on the situation.
I have already looked at two or three of the posts at DF3 in the last couple of days. I don't need to see more.

Americans have the capability to watch more informative shows. My grandfather has something like 1,200 channels. Many Americans sit down in front of the television after work so they can relax. They don't actually want to learn anything.

I think the American policy now and then is too aggressive. That is what the United States does based on the will of the people. First they have a few years of being aggressive, when that doesn't work, they try being nice and so on. The problem is that nothing works well. You just have to keep trying. The United States will go back to being nice in two to six years.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:35   #59
Texan
Prince of Amber

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now, here's something I happened to notice

Quote:
Originally posted by ŠiSCoRPoRaTioN
what is the difference? If a person commits an act labelled under the 'warcrimes' section, what difference does it make which country files the suit?
Will you agree that some countries might claim war crimes when none have been committed, and that other countries would not do so?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:41   #60
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I said it was often lied about.
From all experience I have had with the Internet, age is one thing that is very infrequently lied about (especially among men).
Quote:
books with harder words != books that only highly intelligent people can read.
Learn to grab the concepts of sarcasm. It's also one of the signs of intelligence to be able to recognize it.
Quote:
I'd say it's 'hideously stupid' to make rash unfounded generalizations.
All I'm saying is that I find the amount of Americans that act stupid to be much higher than in any other nationality. That does not mean that I think they all are, and I'll judge each case of meeting an American as stand-alone and give them the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately in most of the cases I have witnessed and that others I know have witnessed, they in fact turn out to be.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:50   #61
bobble

Quote:
From all experience I have had with the Internet, age is one thing that is very infrequently lied about (especially among men).
Learn to grab the concepts of sarcasm. It's also one of the signs of intelligence to be able to recognize it.
All I'm saying is that I find the amount of Americans that act stupid to be much higher than in any other nationality. That does not mean that I think they all are, and I'll judge each case of meeting an American as stand-alone and give them the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately in most of the cases I have witnessed and that others I know have witnessed, they in fact turn out to be.
so you've personally met most of the people you find on the internet. right

again we toss out the school system. they should be teaching sarcasm now. right

try looking at more relevent factors (like age). for instance, im guessing by your narrow-sighted line of thinking you are not over the age of 18.

you're not helping yourself.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:54   #62
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
you're not helping yourself.
And you're making yourself look stupid. You don't hear me complaining about that.

Also, you guessed wrong.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:57   #63
bobble

Quote:
And you're making yourself look stupid. You don't hear me complaining about that.

Also, you guessed wrong.
uh huh good reply, the "I'm frustrated" juvenile insult.

That doesn't help to support your age 'claim'

notice how we went 'full circle'?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:58   #64
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
snip
I find
snip
Have your findings been validated by an editorial board of a professional journal, or were they validated by a bunch of people who lie about who they are on the Internet? Just curious. People of the United States like to know if they are reading a tabloid or a professional journal.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:06   #65
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
uh huh good reply, the "I'm frustrated" juvenile insult.
As opposed to the "Right. I don't believe you." attitude that you have? I find that it doesn't really matter what I say, as you dismiss it anyway, refusing to look beyond the narrow-minded "everyone lies" box you seem to be stuck in.

Also, sarcasm has nothing to do with education, so I'm not quite sure where you drew that comment from.
Quote:
That doesn't help to support your age 'claim'
I don't need to prove anything to you, so you're free to believe me whether you like or not. Those that have met me in person know whether my claims are correct or not.
Quote:
Have your findings been validated by an editorial board of a professional journal
Since when do I need to have my opinion validated by anyone?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:14   #66
Zor

here's something for you people to do

SHUT THE **** UP

YOU SHOULDN'T KNOCK A COUNTRY OR ITS PEOPLE UNTIL YOU LIVED IN THE ****ING COUNTRY.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:14   #67
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:

You said "I find." "I find" has a different meaning in English than "I believe."

Your opinions are perfectly acceptable to me, because I have oftened posted my beliefs in this forum.

I, however, did not post my beliefs as findings.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:16   #68
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
You said "I find." "I find" has a different meaning in English than "I believe."
find Audio pronunciation of Find ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fnd)
v. found, (found) find·ing, finds
v. tr.

3. To discover or ascertain through observation, experience, or study: found a solution; find the product of two numbers; found that it didn't really matter.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:16   #69
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally posted by Zor
here's something for you people to do

SHUT THE **** UP

YOU SHOULDN'T KNOCK A COUNTRY OR ITS PEOPLE UNTIL YOU LIVED IN THE ****ING COUNTRY.
Thank you sir for your input. If we all take your advice, then we could just get rid of all general discussions. That should alleviate the problem.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:17   #70
Zor

Quote:
Thank you sir for your input. If we all take your advice, then we could just get rid of all general discussions. That should alleviate the problem.
But it won't because people can't leave this subject alone
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:20   #71
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
find Audio pronunciation of Find ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fnd)
v. tr.

3. To discover or ascertain through observation, experience, or study: found a solution; find the product of two numbers; found that it didn't really matter.
Why did you only give us definition number three? What are the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th?

Or are you saying you used the third definition even though the best way to say what you wanted to say was better said using a different word?

Sorry I'm being pedantic here, but your findings don't match with mine. Since my findings are as falsely based as yours, I have not posted them.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:25   #72
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Why did you only give us definition number three?
To avoid posting a whole list of definitions, only selecting out the relevant one. But if you want them all:

Quote:
find Audio pronunciation of find ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fnd)
v. tr.

1. To come upon, often by accident; meet with.
2. To come upon or discover by searching or making an effort: found the leak in the pipe.
1. To perceive to be, after experience or consideration: found the gadget surprisingly useful; found the book entertaining.
2. To experience or feel: found comfort in her smile.
5. To recover (something lost): found her keys.
6. To recover the use of; regain: found my voice and replied.
7. To succeed in reaching; arrive at: The dart found its mark.
8. To obtain or acquire by effort: found the money by economizing.
9. To decide on and make a declaration about: The jury deliberated and found a verdict of guilty. All the jurors found him guilty.
10. To furnish; supply.
1. To bring (oneself) to an awareness of what one truly wishes to be and do in life.
2. To perceive (oneself) to be in a specific place or condition: found herself at home that night; found himself drawn to the stranger.
Actually, 4.1 is pretty strong for my case as well. If it is possible to find a book entertaining, who validates that book as being entertaining, and what about people who find that book not to be entertaining?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:36   #73
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
To avoid posting a whole list of definitions, only selecting out the relevant one. But if you want them all:

snipped

Actually, 4.1 is pretty strong for my case as well. If it is possible to find a book entertaining, who validates that book as being entertaining, and what about people who find that book not to be entertaining?
Darn, that does not really mean what I thought it means according to the definitions you posted. I have a really big dictionary in the other room, but I'm not getting off my sofa to check it (I'm a fat, lazy American as everyone must surely know by now.) When I was working on my master's degree, findings usually meant things that were proven. Maybe in common English it does not mean that.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:42   #74
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

What you got confused with was this:
Quote:
find·ing Audio pronunciation of findings ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fndng)
n.

1. Something that has been found.
1. A conclusion reached after examination or investigation: the finding of a grand jury; a coroner's findings.
2. A statement or document containing an authoritative decision or conclusion: a presidential finding that authorized the covert operation.
3. findings Small tools and materials used by an artisan: a jeweler's findings.
The verb 'to find' is used and defined in a more broad sense
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:58   #75
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
What you got confused with was this:The verb 'to find' is used and defined in a more broad sense
Thanks. Your findings are not the same as mine. I will give an example of why I ask people about their findings.

A German couple asks me: Why is Israel stealing land from the Palestinians?

Me: When did the Palestinians own that land?

Them: We don't know. That is why we are asking.

Me: The Palestinians never owned that land. It has belonged to a series of conquerors for four thousand years.

Them: Well they should be given their land because they live there.

Me: I agree. So should the Kurds.

Them: Who are the Kurds?

Many people talk about how ignorant the Americans are, but when they do those random test polls they seem to miss all the people I have met.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 03:02   #76
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:

2) 100 apples is a good sample of 230 million? You need to retake Statistics class.
Eh?

It doesn't really matter how many people there are total.

It just matters how accurate you want your poll to be. With a couple thousand, if properly 'random,' you would get maybe a 3% error. For a 100, you'd have around 5-10% error. Not really that bad for your money.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 06:32   #77
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
No, Tietäjä did. It's in the first post of this thread.

He will likely claim he didn't know--but they all claim that. :reindeer:
I didn't link it - I typed white house com.

Now if that's a link, I'm a reindeer.

And Texan, by hating Americans, I wouldn't be any worse in biogtry than the average Americans - for what I've heard quite a few you you there hate the middle east in general.

Now that's alot of people too.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 13:04   #78
Androme

This is not meant as a stupid post but it's something I've brought up in Geography while discussing world famine.

If all the third world countries were nuked, there'd be no more world debts, no more Red Cross aids, no more 3rd world charities (Red Cross example) and more money on people's hands.

Life's tough, and you have to deal with it. I don't see any of you lot giving half of what you earn to charity.

Discuss my view - ta.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 13:55   #79
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
This thread was not about third world countries (unless you consider Finland one), nor famine.

Discuss?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:28   #80
bobble

Quote:
As opposed to the "Right. I don't believe you." attitude that you have? I find that it doesn't really matter what I say, as you dismiss it anyway, refusing to look beyond the narrow-minded "everyone lies" box you seem to be stuck in.

Also, sarcasm has nothing to do with education, so I'm not quite sure where you drew that comment from.
I don't need to prove anything to you, so you're free to believe me whether you like or not. Those that have met me in person know whether my claims are correct or not.
my you really could at least TRY to be original. It would make you look less immature.
You were the one that said this, "Learn to grab the concepts of sarcasm. It's also one of the signs of intelligence to be able to recognize it." Do you not remember? Read up.
without proof, i dont believe anything your small mind concocts. it's plain derrogatory sillyness. if you don't want to appear 'dim' you might want to stop posting
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:40   #81
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
You were the one that said this, "Learn to grab the concepts of sarcasm. It's also one of the signs of intelligence to be able to recognize it." Do you not remember?
Being sarcastic and being able recognise sarcasm in others are two very different things, maybe with a little education you'll see the difference

Quote:
if you don't want to appear 'dim' you might want to stop posting
Oh dear, you really don't understand do you Allow me to put it in words you might comprehend...

LESHY > J00!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:49   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's when people like leshy appear intelligent on GD that you know standards have fallen drastically.

No offence m8!
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:51   #83
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
There are not that many people on those forums who post all the anti europe crap, its always just the same few who sprout crap.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:52   #84
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
It's when people like leshy appear intelligent on GD that you know standards have fallen drastically.
HERESY! BUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRN HIIIIIMMMMMMMMM!
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 20:11   #85
bobble

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
[b]Being sarcastic and being able recognise sarcasm in others are two very different things, maybe with a little education you'll see the difference

Oh dear, you really don't understand do you Allow me to put it in words you might comprehend...

I'm not sure what that says, I don't speak 'geek'.

You obviously didn't read what was posted above, please try to do this before commenting, it surely helps when trying to be 'clever'
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 20:29   #86
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
my you really could at least TRY to be original. It would make you look less immature.
Seeing as I'm a much better mood than last night, I have decided not to continue this debate. Mostly on the grounds that you don't seem to understand any word of what I'm saying, and because if you haven't realised by now that the one looking dim and immature is you, you won't realise at all. Also, posting like 'this' is very passé.

Merry Christmas! :smiley1:
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Damn straight
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 20:40   #87
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Come on then leshy, stop arguing with someone with the apparent intellect of a retarded chimp and let's debate something interesting. Freedom v equality perhaps. Religion as contributing to the preservation but not the furthering of knowledge, thus religion as an inhibiting factor to development. Adam Smiths 'The wealth of nations' as opposed to modern European socialist economics.
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 01:21   #88
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like you got a taste of your own medicine there. Now you know how it feels to be an American on these forums. I am not saying that the retard on the DF3 forum is right, but your attitude shows me that you are just as bad as him. Lumping a nation into one mold is stupid. I rarely watch television, I read extensively, and I know what a kurd is, I am familiar with the mid-eastern situation. I am also familiar with the European one too as I do watch BBC news on top of American broadcasts to keep abreast of events on a more global scale.

I played PA originally because the thought of meeting people from around the world and learning their views I found intriguing. Please dont make me regret my decision with your ugly bigotry.

Thank you.
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 04:57   #89
bobble

Quote:
Originally posted by Archi
Looks like you got a taste of your own medicine there. Now you know how it feels to be an American on these forums. I am not saying that the retard on the DF3 forum is right, but your attitude shows me that you are just as bad as him. Lumping a nation into one mold is stupid. I rarely watch television, I read extensively, and I know what a kurd is, I am familiar with the mid-eastern situation. I am also familiar with the European one too as I do watch BBC news on top of American broadcasts to keep abreast of events on a more global scale.

I played PA originally because the thought of meeting people from around the world and learning their views I found intriguing. Please dont make me regret my decision with your ugly bigotry.

Thank you.
they won't understand you. they'd rather plug their ears and yell' "lalalalalalalala" then actually find out the truth. this is clearly evident by actually basing an opinion of a country on the words of teenage video-game players on world events. i cant believe they do not see the flaw in this.

open minds could help this world immensely
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 10:41   #90
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Americans are never happier than when they're blowing things up.
They've been engineering a war with Iraq now for 15 months, to feed this character trait.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 12:18   #91
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
they won't understand you. they'd rather plug their ears and yell' "lalalalalalalala" then actually find out the truth. this is clearly evident by actually basing an opinion of a country on the words of teenage video-game players on world events. i cant believe they do not see the flaw in this.

open minds could help this world immensely
You will find that the subject "America" has been long lost in this thread. It has turned out to be a personal "me > j00" thread.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 20:06   #92
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You will find that the subject "America" has been long lost in this thread. It has turned out to be a personal "me > j00" thread.
Not as bad as the DF3 thread, that is like a bad Jerry Springer show. I cannot even keep up with reading it. All those guys can do is flame on both sides. The debate is gone and every post has cursing in it. Which I find to be the idiots way of debating, if you can't think of a good argument just call the other guy a c**ksucker. Thank God for the PA forums the people here at least attempt to have a civil honest debate, which is refreshing after reading that tripe.
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 20:10   #93
Androme

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
This thread was not about third world countries (unless you consider Finland one), nor famine.

Discuss?
your mother likes it up the ass doesn't she.

discuss?

:(((