User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 15:14   #1
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Synthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Phoenix Wars

Okay, I'm new here and I noticed that most of the threads are dead, so I decided to make one and see if we can't turn this thing around.

The genre is Fantasy/Sci-fi. The premise is this:

In a dimmension much like our own exists a realm of magic and wonder. In Talone, elves, dwarves, fairies, dragons, and even humans live together in peace, and speak only one language. (Dragons have a nasty habit of only speaking when they feel one is worthy to hear them, however, and tend to be rather self-oriented.) All creatures treat women with the respect they treat men with, and they have the same rights. Humans, however, are in a transitional period where the younger men follow this example, and the older ones feel that things should remain as they always have, with men being superior.

In the midst of an existing problem, (described below,) there is a solar eclipse where both of Talone's moons are in perfect alignment with the sun. A portal from a futuristic version of our world is opened and unsuspecting characters are sucked into Talone. Caught up in the confrontation, they must choose sides, fight, and find a way home. Little do they realize that the key to winning the fight lies within two phoenixes: a true phoenix native to the land, and an artificial phoenix, made on Earth by scientists attempting to create a perfect being.

There are three main kingdoms in Talone: Nephilim, Aluran, and Menith.

Nephilim
Center stage for most of the RP, Nephilim is a land on the brink of turmoil. The king is imposing impossible taxes, his queen being cast into the shadows, and his sons at war with one another. The elder prince, and heir to the throne, is conspiring to overthrow his father's rule with the help of the ruler of Menith, a sorceress of great power. The younger prince learns of this plot by mistake and reports it to his father. The king, believing his younger son is making a ploy at a throne that is not promised to him, disowns him. The prince now lives in the village with two friends, planning with them a way to save his kingdom from distruction from the inside. The capital city is Lennah.

Menith
A kingdom known for hating Nephilim. The sorceress who controls it has more power than she lets on, and is only using the elder prince of Nephilim to get what she wants: the throne. The kingdom itself is ambitious, and the people follow their queen loyally in her ploy to rule all of Talone, one kingdom at a time. The capital city is Illium.

Aluran
A 'neutral' nation. Aluran is a safe haven between Nephilim and Menith. They know of the rivalry between the kingdoms, and do their best to stay out of it, although they will hide people from both nations who are being hunted. Aluran is a good place to go if you don't want questions asked, and the swiftest way to either of the two agitated kingdoms. The capital city is, well, Aluran City.

My Character Needs
*Note: This is an RP designed where evil CAN win if they roleplay better than the good guys. I NEED RPers on both sides of the spectrum!

Characters Native to Talone:
Younger Prince of Nephilim, late teens
His two friends, any age and either gender
Elder Prince of Nephilim, early twenties
Sorceress Queen of Menith, any age

I will play the phoenix, just because I wanna do more than just DM this.

Characters Native to Futuristic Earth:
Artificial Phoenix (human hybrid) either gender, late teens early twenties in age. (Will pm interested RPer before bio is posted, with special details; you WILL have certain DM privledges Don't post a bio until we talk please!)

My Character Wants
Whatever you want to be, you can be it. I want more natives from Talone, good and evil guys of all mythical races, and the same goes with the earth ppl. If you want to be an alien, don't be something too outlandish...a humanoid of some sort would be preferred. You can have weapons and powers with you, but nothing so powerful that you can win the war for your side instantly.

Sample Character Bio
When you decide who you want to be, post a character bio on this link. I'll use my bio as an example of what I'm looking for.

Name: Melody
Race: Phoenix
Kingdom/World: Nephilim
Physical Description: Tall, slender, but not sickly thin. Pale complexion, shoulder-length
blonde hair, and blue eyes. Rounded, kind, facial features.
Clothes: Red bodice over a white blouse, (that doesn’t cover her shoulders,) and a skirt of the
same shade of red that extends about half-way down her calves. Made of silken
material, with matching boots that cover her ankles.
Weapons: Hidden dagger
Powers: Typical phoenix powers. (This character is playing alongside you, however, she is a
key character who you will find out more about as the story progresses, and there are
special exceptions to normal rules. Info on powers will come later on.)
Character Orientation (put 'n/a' if you don't want others knowing which side you're on): Good
Personality: Sweet, kind, loves children. Can be funny, good sense of humor. Very shy though.
Underestimates herself. She is trustworthy, and gentle.
Character Goals (again, optional): To help save her kingdom, help the throne be passed to a
just ruler, find love, and live happily ever after.
Character History: (n/a for this character, you will find out when the RP begins, but I need
histories for all the other characters...sorry...)
Additional Info: (Insert any special info that may not be covered in other categories here.)

*For characters I have requested, post which character you want to be and a bio for everyone to see please. That way, everyone knows which required parts are taken. If you want to be the artificial phoenix, just post that you claim that character, and I'll pm you...'kay?

**************************************************************************************************** ****
Remember!!!

In the end, either good OR evil can win this war. Just because I am the DM and have a character in this story, doesn't mean that my side will win. My only role as DM will be to guide you along the story, give key information through random characters, and make sure you all follow the rules. All RPing rules apply to me too. There is a way for the bad guys to kill my character and have her stay dead, and you'll find out how after this RP gets legs under it and is settled in. I promise it's not super hard either. Same goes for the other phoenix.

Well, I hope this thing works out...