User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:50   #1
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Question Top 5 most ugly languages

so, what are your top 5 most ugly languages?

Here are mine

1.Hebrew
2.Arabic
3.Russian
4.French
5.Dutch(specially the flemish dialect)

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:54   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Top 5 most ugly languages

Arabic and Russian are beautiful languages, just very difficult to learn.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:59   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

French would definately be in my list.
As would German.
Other than that, I don't know.

Dutch is OK-ish I guess. It's absurdly difficult with all the exceptions in the grammar and stuff. But it doesn't sound rude like French and German.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:01   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

1. VHDL
2. shell script
3. C
4. COBOL
5. XML
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:02   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

turkish.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:02   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
1. VHDL
2. shell script
3. C
4. COBOL
5. XML
I had to laugh...

I'd add Visual Basic to it.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:04   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

flemish is bad. welsh gaelic too. ga is awkward. (french, russian and arabic are great by the way)
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:09   #8
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Perle, I'm so disappointed you didn't include English.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:24   #9
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Perle, I'm so disappointed you didn't include English.
this isnt my top 5 most beatiful languages. its the most ugly ones

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:34   #10
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

1) leet
2) french
3) french
4) french
5) french
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 19:00   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
1. VHDL
2. shell script
3. C
4. COBOL
5. XML
C is lovely. Surely C++ is more appropriate?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 19:37   #12
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

written or spoken?
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 20:11   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you mean the words, or the accent they're spoken natively with?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 20:32   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. Russian
2. Aramaic
3. 1337
4. Cuneiform
5. Anything spoken by JammyJim on GD once hes had a few drinks.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 21:19   #15
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light

hmm

-Scottish English
-Turkish (not for the same reason as Koen)
-whatever the name of the languages the people speak in Somalia.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 21:20   #16
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Oh if we're including accents the English spoken with a South African accent is hideous. Is it?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 21:31   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Afrikaans get's my nomination.

edit : And Visual Basic as S/I said.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:27   #18
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr0733
hmm

-Scottish English
-Turkish (not for the same reason as Koen)
-whatever the name of the languages the people speak in Somalia.
this is the list of top5 most ugly languages not the funny ones.
scottish english is funny(funny as in humor and not as weird), its not ugly. and turkish must be
the funniest language of them all. I always laugh when i hear it. They have an ü or ö vowel in almost every word

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:29   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
hmm

-Scottish English
**** you

**** you right in the ass with a sharpened, serrated , 6ft long spear.

I want all of your balls to die. Right now. Mother****er!
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:33   #20
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

so perle sets up a thread where people can say what the ugliest languages are to them, then discounts their input 'coz he doesnt find the languages ugly??

Edit: on topic, i cant say i find any languages ugly tbh, some can be a bit rough on the ear, but still sound nice, although im not too keen on spoken klingon
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:34   #21
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1. German
2. Danish
3. Dutch
4. Afrikaans
5. Greek
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:34   #22
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

spanish

such a lispy language
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:40   #23
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
this is the list of top5 most ugly languages not the funny ones.
scottish english is funny(funny as in humor and not as weird), its not ugly. and turkish must be
the funniest language of them all. I always laugh when i hear it. They have an ü or ö vowel in almost every word
Languages can ofcourse simultaneously be funny and ugly although the latter is more dependant on how one defines it. Also I've only heard a fairly limited amount of languages so it's perfectly well possible that there are many of them that are as ugly or funny or whatever as I mentioned.

The Scottish accent(s) to me often sound like it's a language on it's own.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:41   #24
mpr0733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
**** you

**** you right in the ass with a sharpened, serrated , 6ft long spear.

I want all of your balls to die. Right now. Mother****er!
Oi,

Save your anal references for you own kind.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:44   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Languages can ofcourse simultaneously be funny and ugly although the latter is more dependant on how one defines it. Also I've only heard a fairly limited amount of languages so it's perfectly well possible that there are many of them that are as ugly or funny or whatever as I mentioned.

The Scottish accent(s) to me often sound like it's a language on it's own.
What total bollocks.

The scottish accent is as wide and varied as most other accents of the world. It sounds markedly different all over the country, and some Scots are exceptionally well spoken, whilst others have trouble forming a sentence (although we tend to export these to areas like Berwick and Newcastle, and then call them English).

Gaelic is a language on its own. However its spoken by Scots , Irish , Welsh and Manx , and all the variations. I serious doubt youd be able to pick the difference if they were spoken by the same person.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:47   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Oi,

Save your anal references for you own kind.
Humans?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:51   #27
mpr0733

Quote:
Humans?

QUEERS [/DACEèsque]
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 22:54   #28
mpr0733

Quote:
What total bollocks.

The scottish accent is as wide and varied as most other accents of the world. It sounds markedly different all over the country, and some Scots are exceptionally well spoken, whilst others have trouble forming a sentence (although we tend to export these to areas like Berwick and Newcastle, and then call them English).

Gaelic is a language on its own. However its spoken by Scots , Irish , Welsh and Manx , and all the variations. I serious doubt youd be able to pick the difference if they were spoken by the same person.
I (more or less) know all of this yes. It's just that Scottish at it's worst sounds barely human.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:02   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
I (more or less) know all of this yes. It's just that Scottish at it's worst sounds barely human.
This can be said of almost any language in the world. I couldnt for the life of me understand say, Flemish, if the person speaking it was drunk, or from the poorest, most ill educated areas of Belgium.

Why should Scottish in particular come in for your wrath? You know a particular , poorly spoken Scotsman that makes your life a living hell? (apart from me, obviously).
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:04   #30
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
QUEERS [/DACEèsque]
Now , considering there are people of a homosexual persuasion on this forum, who are quite open about this, why would you feel the need to throw that accusation my way simply because i suggested an exceptionally painful method of retribution for your slander of the Scots tongue?

Homophobia is SOOOOOOOOOOOO 1987.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:09   #31
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

American english ( Especially the spelling - its just raping a perfectly decent language )
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:09   #32
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Visual Basic, though i dont even consider it a 'language' personally - i have such a low opinion of it
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:10   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

1987 or 2003
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:16   #34
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i like some scottish accents.
Like I said in another thread the Cork Irish accent is quite awful.
Oh, and some American accents really make me shudder.

As a language, Hungarian isn't very pretty.
German can sound nice but a lot of accents are dull.

Can you rate a language on how nice "I love you" sounds?
Ich Liebe Dich
Te Amo
Je t'adore
etc
(I know they won't be spelt right but that's how they sound) What is it in other languages?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:25   #35
mpr0733

Quote:
This can be said of almost any language in the world. I couldnt for the life of me understand say, Flemish, if the person speaking it was drunk, or from the poorest, most ill educated areas of Belgium.

Why should Scottish in particular come in for your wrath? You know a particular , poorly spoken Scotsman that makes your life a living hell? (apart from me, obviously).
That I already explained in my post in answer to (Stew) which you after that quoted.

I listed Scottish because English is a language that I usually do claim to understand when spoken but when uttered by -->some<-- Scotsmen it sounds like their tongues have grown attached to their (under/lower) lip.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:28   #36
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Afrikaans get's my nomination.
I got a South African in my workplace who speaks it. Doesn't sound too great.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:29   #37
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

chav language is ugly

chav with a bradford and a shefield accent is shit too

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:29   #38
mpr0733

Quote:
Now , considering there are people of a homosexual persuasion on this forum, who are quite open about this, why would you feel the need to throw that accusation my way simply because i suggested an exceptionally painful method of retribution for your slander of the Scots tongue?

I thought it to be a short but sufficient retort to your trololling.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:33   #39
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
I thought it to be a short but sufficient retort to your trololling.
Which was far from being a troll, a well thought out and skilfully executed response to your slander of my native tongue.

You anticipated no response to said comment on an english speaking forum with many scottish representatives?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:41   #40
mpr0733

Your original response contained many a reasonable and well thought through argument yeah.

I didn't anticipate your kind of response no, especially not as people generally don't pay that much attention to what I say around here the few times that I post.

You anticipated no response to said comment on an english speaking forum with that many ****s and sharp objects?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:41   #41
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Je t'aime is the correct one

and you forgot portuguese: Amo-te
i though aime was like, or is everything you learn in schools these days utter bullshit?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:42   #42
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
flemish is bad. welsh gaelic too. ga is awkward. (french, russian and arabic are great by the way)

you think arabic is great. well, every person has his own taste. Personally, i think the vowels in arabic which they somehow produce from deep out of their throat, are very ugly.

and russian, its like they dont have any freaking vowels. its like ten consonants and one vowel between them. I fuind the language really terrible.

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:44   #43
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

I like Arabic , its easy to learn if you have patience.

Now East Asian languages , THOSE are a ****ing challenge.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:48   #44
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree
written or spoken?
#

hmm good question, id say spoken,.

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:50   #45
Perle

Quote:
I like Arabic , its easy to learn if you have patience.

Now East Asian languages , THOSE are a ****ing challenge.
I had to learn arabic at school. I Didnt like it at all. The funny thing about it is that when they sing in arabic, its quite beautifull. But when they speak normally, its like they are declaring war on you.

How about hebrew? you like hebrew? I really hate that language. (no antisemitism, i just think its really ugly )

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 23:52   #46
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
i though aime was like, or is everything you learn in schools these days utter bullshit?
The verb aimer means "to love"

I forgot how "to like " is translated.

Unread 26 Feb 2005, 00:02   #47
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
The verb aimer means "to love"

I forgot how "to like " is translated.
noo...
J'aime means I like.
J'adore means I love.

in spanish you'd say te chiero instead of te amo
despite it meaning I want you rather than I love you

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 00:06   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Turns out languages don't translate perfectly, who would have expected this startling turn of events?

I would have to say German. Most other languages I've heard struck me as fairly fluid and lyrical. And then there's Russian which just manages to sound really cool.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 00:11   #49
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Havn't any of you ever heard a bloke with a thick Belfast accent speaking?

Now thats English being ****ing raped, let me tell you.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 00:13   #50
Ste
Bored

Iain Paisley?