User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Oct 2004, 17:30   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Total War

Medieval Version, not Goebbels, not Rome.

[18:18] <+Theam> ****
[18:19] <+Theam> cant win the battle of agincourt!

As said, I am in the campagin mode atm, and I have trouble winning the battle of Agincourt, I am thinking of positioning almost all my infantry in the woods to the east of my initial position and then circle the whole lot with my horse to trample their infantry from the back while my men at arms and billmen hold the line long enough to draw the horses away.
I cannot protect my longbowmen long enough it seems that they can be really effective.
Option two come to think of it is to throw my cavalry head on to their cavalry with some help of my billmen while the longbow men wreak havoc on the enemy infantry..... help?
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 17:35   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Total War

Lure the heavily armored knights into the swamp where they can hardly move, then kill them off with your longbowmen.
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 17:38   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Lure the heavily armored knights into the swamp where they can hardly move, then kill them off with your longbowmen.
a) What swamp
b) Does that actually work in this game?
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 17:45   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A) If the game is any good, there should be a swamp. Or marshland. Or at least something with a very soft underground that heavily armored knights would get stuck in.
B) I have no idea, but it worked at Agincourt.
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 17:53   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
A) If the game is any good, there should be a swamp. Or marshland. Or at least something with a very soft underground that heavily armored knights would get stuck in.
B) I have no idea, but it worked at Agincourt.
I thought you would give the historically answer, I tried to lure the knights into the acres, but that truely didnt work, butcher time.

So the forest it will be.
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 18:01   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

bribe them.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:55   #7
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Advance to them a superior vision of society so they will voluntarily change over to your side.
Then arrest them and have them tortured in a long and pointlessly drawn-out fashion.
Then oppress your subjects and generally act in as despotic a manner as possible.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 02:31   #8
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

That sounds familiar...
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 10:12   #9
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

Billman and Longbows vs. Heavy Knights
Heavy Knights vs. Infantry

I like to keep the Cavlery in the background to rush archers or any other missile units or outflank them.
That should do it ?

btw, Great game
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 12:06   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

I hope that will do it .. but I will see, I hope I can wreak enough devastation to make them flee.
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 12:08   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i think its even better than rome
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 12:26   #12
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Uninstall it.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 00:32   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

suprisingly on the same date i just won the battle of agincourt, billmen vs. cavalry as just horrendous (for the cavalry) add to that a barage of longbow fire and they kinda get killed, then they look arround and see all their crossbowmen and peasents slaughtered and their men at arms fighting my men at arms and their general fleeing ..... a winnar was me
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 12:16   #14
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

Told you it whould work
< Likes strategi n games

GL and happy playing
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 13:44   #15
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

yeah thanks, going to do the new orleans siege now, planning to sacrifice my infantry so my horses can kill the ballistas