User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 17:40   #51
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Superbowl

I saw last night 800million people watch the Superbowl, that's about in in ever 7.5, which seeing as a lot of the world don't have access to a tv set.

How many people in America watch it?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:06   #52
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

2/3 of the entire population i think

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:18   #53
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
1/3 of Americas watch the superbowl FOR the commercials..
Although this disagrees with you regarding this.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:20   #54
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

jesus, i have done some sad things in my time but never as sad as watching a TV programme just for the adverts fs
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:22   #55
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

The super bowl sucked.

The commercials came up every 5 minutes, the half time show was poor and the cheerleaders seemed especially plain. It was also nearly as bad as darts for focusing in on the crowd rather than the teams "Oh look theres Will Smith" , "Oh theres Paul mcartney" like I give a flying **** and they tended to wander a little bit to far into the players histories.

Its interesting to watch it for the tactical aspects but i could not maintain interest after the 14th commerical break.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:22   #56
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

our colonial cousins are an odd lot
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:35   #57
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

so who won?
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:37   #58
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i watched the whole thing.. i absolutely enjoyed it, heart skipping beats after the 2-min mark when the eagles scored a touchdown closing them in to 3 points away.. i enjoyed the small get-together i threw with my friends (its almost a tradition to throw a "superbowl" party, or be in one, in every superbowl) - and i loved paul mccartney's show for the half-time -

advertising during the game has been really low.. this year being the lowest.. i think the most expensive advertising during the superbowl was in the mid/late 90's to 2003, was a bit expensive too last year's superbowl with janet's awesome tit exposure.. this year's advertising's been really low.. though i expect the vast majority watching the (actual) game with a really huge demograph, because it always is on every major sports event.. same thing with the world series, stanley cup, nba finals, etc

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:37   #59
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
so who won?
new england patriots, by 3 points again...

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:42   #60
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

oh

a co-worker watched a preview show of the ads for the superbowl... and she said it looks like after last year's fiasco, the ads are really tame this year. they showed the original budweiser one for this year and i guess it was cut and they did the clydesdale thing instead.

i didn't watch, i was working. and i don't watch football anyway (EITHER ONE SO HA!)

baseball is only exciting when you're there. i've tried watching it on tv and it's just not as exciting. it's more fun to get caught up wtih the crowd and do the wave etc.

hockey however seems to be the only sport i enjoy watching on tv but no hockey this year
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:45   #61
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was told today that the British army challenged the US army to a game of rugby.
The US army (being pansies) refused but counter-challenged the Brits to a game of American Football.
The Brits accepted and completely trounced the Americans.
hahahaha

Anyway, 4 hours for 1 hour of play? That takes the piss.

Basketball is a great game (to play and watch) as is Ice Hockey (less stoppages and more fights )

Baseball I've never tried to watch but looks quite boring. Although I do enjoy some decent Cricket so boringness can't be too bad.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:47   #62
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
a co-worker watched a preview show of the ads for the superbowl...
WHAT? A preview of the adverts?
Does anyone else think that is completely wrong?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:53   #63
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I was told today that the British army challenged the US army to a game of rugby.
The US army (being pansies) refused but counter-challenged the Brits to a game of American Football.
hahahaha
the US Army are pussies - i'm the go Navy type of guy heh

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:56   #64
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
hahahaha

Anyway, 4 hours for 1 hour of play? That takes the piss.

Basketball is a great game (to play and watch) as is Ice Hockey (less stoppages and more fights )

Baseball I've never tried to watch but looks quite boring. Although I do enjoy some decent Cricket so boringness can't be too bad.
cool

is there a link to proof tho?...so i can use it against some yanks in future rugby vs american football arguments
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:57   #65
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
cool

is there a link to proof tho?...so i can use it against some yanks in future rugby vs american football arguments
No, I was told by someone who's brother is in the army.
Not really something that would make the news or anything is it...

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 19:47   #66
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I've recently discovered American football is quite good for watching the highlights. It's better than golf or baseball and many other sports, but lasts too long and there are too many stoppages so I doubt I could watch a full game.

I wonder how many people dismiss it out of "lol its called american football which means it sux cuz its american". Probably a fair few.

Also the average weight of an American footballer is approximately 1.5 times that of a rugby player and that is why they wear body armour. At least that's what I heard some american footballer saying on the radio yesterday.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 19:54   #67
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i checked on the weight thing and its bullshit

they weight approximately the same as rugby players do.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:39   #68
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

In rugby there's less actual hitting, more wrapping up and bringing down. In merkin football, every yard and inch counts, and your movement is tracked by your forward progress, therefore if you can, you knock him flat back. Everything at the line of scrimmage is running into each other, due to penalties for holding. Linemen take huge strains over the course of a game, as they ram into each other from a sprint position on every play, and that adds up. The NFL has pads out of neccesity, not choice. They used to have only leather scrum cap dealies, and now players wear helmets with specific concussion reducing qualities. That's how hard and how often they get struck to the head.

I'm not saying rugby isn't a tough sport, the average person would take months to recover from a professional game, but american football hits harder.
It's partly that padded shoulders allow you to hit with your shoulder harder, like a boxing glove allows you to put more into your fist. But if american footballers are such pussies for wearing pads, why is rugby going that way? I say it's rugby is only starting to catch up with the intensity of the hits and blows of american football.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:48   #69
Stew
Made of Twigs

Why don't we get good at 'Merican Football - then at least we'd come runners up, which is better than most tournaments we enter.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:51   #70
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
In merkin footbal
What?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 21:28   #71
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My friends and i were going to form a band called "Merkin".
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:03   #72
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

then you realised chicks dig civil servants more.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:07   #73
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
then you realised chicks dig civil servants more.

Not all Civil Servents.

When you get your bronze name plaque thing after 10 years THAT'S when you have to start fighting them off.

I contemplated going to a trophey making kind of shop and getting them to just make a forgery for me but then i realised that it would just cheapen the experience for me so i decided against it.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 23:28   #74
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Hmm, it's something I picked up from my daddy on cix. Merkin is an accented pronunciation of american. Strines are aussies.
In jokes when not "in" = lose /o\

<toot> what do you think
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 23:33   #75
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

or maybe "not in" means "not a homo"

i could be wrong tho....
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 23:50   #76
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

****ing Philly. Chokers , ESPECIALLY McNabb.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 23:56   #77
Gumbie
SiN HC

Bwahaha, Tedy for the win.
I did think the way the eagles ended the game with time wasting while behind was a particularly dumb move, especially since they were just about in a rhythm and making rapid moves.
I must say though that the onside kick was one of the lamest attempts i'd seen in a long time. It just bounced far too far.

All in all, a pleasing result, and a good end to a Boston sports year.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 00:38   #78
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I watched pretty much all of it, though I was also reading at the time. It's the first match I've watched so I didn't understand everything, but I found it mildly entertaining, if a little long-winded considering the ITV coverage was 5 hours long for only 60 minutes of play. Very stop-start too.

I do find it odd when non-Americans who never play rugby call American Football players pansies for wearing protection. I've never really liked rugby myself; the only full match I've watched was the World Cup Final.

Also, as far as the names go, I really couldn't care less what someone else calls their sport.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 01:28   #79
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
****ing Philly. Chokers , ESPECIALLY McNabb.
LOL! yeah!! whats with those 15-second huddles after the 2-minute warning and the interceptions and shit?!?

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 01:29   #80
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
All in all, a pleasing result, and a good end to a Boston sports year.
dont even get me started with the ALCS

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 01:46   #81
Gumbie
SiN HC

I don't really follow anything other than Football, but it's nice when the Sox pwnt

<toot> what do you think
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 02:49   #82
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
I don't really follow anything other than Football, but it's nice when the Sox pwnt
'its nice' meaning they set a major league baseball record of winning the pennant from a 0-3 to a 4-3, and swept the cardinals during the world series to be the first ever major league team to win 8 straight games during a post-season?

or 'its nice' like **** all of you ****ing yankee fans!! kinda sentiment?

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 02:57   #83
Gumbie
SiN HC

"it's nice" In the sense that when I heard about it I went "yay for Boston" and was slightly cheered that they finally won.
Being in England I only really follow the American sports I like. I don't follow the Celtics or whatever the Ice Hockey team is.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 23:17   #84
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

For the first time since 2002, the Superbowl was actually good. Only because it was shown on ITV instead of the usual Channel Five.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote