User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Nov 2004, 22:48   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Billy Connolly

Am I the only person who thinks he's shit and not very funny?

Most of his jokes consist of swearing about stuff. He isn't witty, and he just pisses me off.

Oh well, at least he's got rid of that stupid purple beard he had.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 23:01   #2
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Re: Billy Connolly

don't you see though? He does a world tours...of one country!
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 23:02   #3
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Am I the only person who thinks he's shit and not very funny?
Yes.
Well maybe not, but I ****ing love him - he's my favourite stand up, although he has got less funny and more angry in recent years.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 23:08   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Agree Stew - his stuff from late 80's/early 90's is gold though
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 23:15   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Compared to someone of (for example) Jack Dee or Lee Evan's calibre, he's utterly shite though.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 00:16   #6
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Compared to someone of (for example) Jack Dee or Lee Evan's calibre, he's utterly shite though.

i wouldn't say that
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:01   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i personally find him quite funny. i guess its a marmite factor , you either love him or you hate him.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:11   #8
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
It's all opinion. I think Jack Dee is bearable but Lee Evans is shit beyond belief - I have never found him funny. Equally I fail to see why people find Harry Hill so damn hilarious. I used to find Billy Connelly funny (around 10 yrs ago) but now when I watch him it doesn't seem so good. Similarly when I was in High School Vic Reeves Big Night Out was the funniest thing going whereas if I watch it now it's just crap. There's not a single well known present day stand up that actually makes me laugh. Humbug.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:22   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ive never really liked billy connolly, youre not alone.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:52   #10
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jack who? Lee what?

I rate Billy Connoly as one of 5 top comedians. I like the more natural comedians, the ones who take simple for granted things in our lives and show us just how rediculous they are. The swearing probably also appeals to me cause it's a very Aussie thing to do.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:07   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Billy Connoly is great, however his routine has expectedly after 30 years got a bit tired, I mean you try asking someone who's inspirationally funny to keep that going for 30 years and see if they manage it?

He's given us more funnier material than 90% of all commedians put togehter, Jack Dee and Lee Evans will be lucky to manage a quarter of what he's achieved over their respective careers, while I appreciate the talents of Jack Dee greatly(though I don't rate lee evans, he just does what every comedy jungleur stand up has ever done... he's not anything ground breaking at all) he's never managed to make a massive impact, he's good with the subtle and the satire and the sarcy, but he hasn't given us the major funny, the major TV/Front page grabbing humour. Billy has...

I suggest that you go further than watching his recent, gahd I'm on a contract with the BBC how do I get the best out of my fooking time while giving them what they want, skits and go back and watch his early stuff, or catch his parkinson interviews from the 70's or even better yet, get a few CD's of his early stuff, specially his songs, they'll crack anyone up.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:08   #12
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
It's all opinion. I think Jack Dee is bearable but Lee Evans is shit beyond belief - I have never found him funny. Equally I fail to see why people find Harry Hill so damn hilarious. I used to find Billy Connelly funny (around 10 yrs ago) but now when I watch him it doesn't seem so good. Similarly when I was in High School Vic Reeves Big Night Out was the funniest thing going whereas if I watch it now it's just crap. There's not a single well known present day stand up that actually makes me laugh. Humbug.
Peter Kay's alright.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:15   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe you should write him a letter detailing the parts of his performances you find lacking in the highest level of comedic quality.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:16   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

There are quite a few non-TV standups that are brilliant. no point mentioning them here though as most of y'all will prolly have never seen them.

actually , anyone remember that girl on Grange Hill that had cerebral palsy? ( Francesca Martinez) I saw her do stand up (though it might be more correctly called prop-up as she had to hold a chair to do stand up) and she was absolutely hilarious.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:16   #15
Sunday8pm
Banned

I blame Pamela Stephenson for counselling him and helping him cope with all his childhood trauma's, it's quite obvious that his comedian act was a charade that hid his emotional grief and a way of putting up an impenetrable wall of preventing anyone from finding out his shame.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 10:21   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like Billy Connolly but I have to say if he didn't have a scottish accent i don't know if i'd find him as funny.
Also like Jack Dee (when he tries)
<3 Bill Bailey (saw him live - brilliant)
Peter Kay and Ricky Gervais are on my to watch list this christmas.
I used to like Eddie Izzard but wasn't too keen on his recent tour.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 11:59   #17
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Billy > *
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:26   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think he's a bit shit.

If you come from the North West nobody comes close to Peter Kay .
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:29   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Billy > Peter Kay > Jack Dee > Lee Evans
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:34   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

actually eddie izzard is the best out of any stand up comedian ever like...

billy connolly is somewhere near the bottom of the ones i know though
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:49   #21
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
actually eddie izzard is the best out of any stand up comedian ever like...

billy connolly is somewhere near the bottom of the ones i know though
Have you seen Sexie? It isn't that good.
I saw it live and i was mildly disappointed (although i put it down to being right at the back of the arena) then I watched it on dvd and got bored. I saw Bill Bailey live and was pissing myself all the way through.
Apparently Mark Thomas is really funny, when he's not being political and serious.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 13:52   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
(although i put it down to being right at the back of the arena) .
I was quite near the back when I've seen Peter Kay and Jasper Carrot, both of which I found myself laughing all the way through, so I don't think you can blame this.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 14:02   #23
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I was quite near the back when I've seen Peter Kay and Jasper Carrot, both of which I found myself laughing all the way through, so I don't think you can blame this.
Well, it was Nottingham arena, and i was actually right at the back as far away as you can be i reckon...
But yeh, I blamed it at the time but after watching the dvd i decided it wasn't that.
Don't get me wrong - it was funny, it just was nowhere near as good as his other stuff or other comedians i have seen.

Unread 28 Nov 2004, 14:47   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

billy connolly is among my favourite comedians. rich hall, mark thomas, bill bailey and dylan moran are all excellent, as is (occasionally) jo brand. lee evans is poor, peter kay has peaked already, jack dee from what i've seen has started, well, trying too hard.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:06   #25
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to list my favourite comedians I probably couldn't right now for lack of a good memory, but I'll list the ones I can that have made an impact on me.

Tommy Cooper, Billy Connolly, The Umbelical Brothers, Benny Hill.. many other I sadely can not remember.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 16:23   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I fail to see why people find Harry Hill so damn hilarious.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 16:38   #27
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

anyone remember/heard of Bill Hicks ?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 16:40   #28
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I saw Ardal Ohanlon (i may have spelt it wrong (the guy from father ted)) and he was well funny
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 16:41   #29
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Bill Hicks is well funny

O btw Chris Rock is the worst comedian ever - imo
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 17:45   #30
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

ricky gervais is a funny man
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 19:03   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Most stand-up comedians are of a variable quality. Billy Connolly is alright. I think it depends a lot on whether you "like" him (as does most comedy). It's like if your friend tells a story in the pub it's a lot funnier than if some random person tells it. A good comedian is one who appeals to you almost as a friend just via their delivery style.

Lee Evans is just shit, but I dislike slapstick.

Bill Hicks was very good although slightly over-rated.

Of other American comedians I've enjoyed Dennis Leary or Chris Rock.

Stewart Lee is very good although he doesn't really do jokes, more bizarre quasi-intellectual rants.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 19:47   #32
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As far as Americans go Eddie Murphy is hilarious in parts of Raw and Delerious.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 20:00   #33
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Apparently Mark Thomas is really funny, when he's not being political and serious.
Mark Thomas did a show in my town last year, and was extremely funny. He only mentioned his TV show once, and that was when reminiscing about the last time he'd been up here reporting on radioactive bird crap.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 20:16   #34
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Billy Connolly is absolutely hilarious imo although he hasn't weathered too well over the last few years. Definately one of my all time favourites tbh.

I also like Jim Davidson although only in small doses - his cds are good to listen to on long drives.

Peter Kay is good, as is Bill Bailey and Eddie Murphy in Delirious is an absolute classic. It's all about personal taste.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 20:27   #35
Sunday8pm
Banned

The thing that made me laugh the most of recent years was The Fast Show live! tour.

It made me laugh so very very hard from start to finish, and they done it with only a few of the original show members as well, admittedly the important ones, but it was just classic, I never thought sketch humour could translate any funnier than being on TV but I was wrong.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 21:07   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Have you seen Sexie? It isn't that good.
I saw it live and i was mildly disappointed (although i put it down to being right at the back of the arena) then I watched it on dvd and got bored. I saw Bill Bailey live and was pissing myself all the way through.
i saw sexie live, however ,it was close to the end of the tour, and he has refined it since the dvd was made. So bleh.

however, even if that were true, dress to kill and glorious are still 2 absolutely amazing routines, and imo better than anything else ever. But, that is just mo