User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Oct 2004, 05:29   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
On election day

I'm going to go to work, come back and vote, and then I'm not going to watch the news for a week, close my ears at the water cooler, and be totally in the dark about it all. :|
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 07:09   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: On election day

I hope you have some good books and a lot of good food and drink stored up cause it's the only way you'll avoid finding out.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 21:25   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I'm gonna stay up all night and watch the coverage on BBC1 and ITV.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 22:13   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my students union is having a late night election thing.
all american beers are cheap.
shape they taste of piss

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 22:24   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
my students union is having a late night election thing.
all american beers are cheap.
shape they taste of piss
Really?
How is it possible I didn't know of this.
Tell me more!

Edit: I've just seen it here - I like the idea of cheap Bud

Although, only til 1 o clock, which is what - 6pm on the West coast - surely no results will be in by then, I don't get it
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 00:52   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

American beers actually taste worse in america, most american branded beers over in the UK are made and bottled over there and are usually different somewhat(stronger for a start), that said there are as many shite american beers as there are european, which just like to generalize on a world politics level :/
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 03:34   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like Grolsh and Moosehead, none of which are American.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 22:05   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ok, I'm confused, when (UK time) will the results start to come in? When will it start to be clear (well has the potential to) who will be the next president. I really fancy watching this but don't want to get up earlier than I have to.
All I have found is this.
Thanks in advance for your much appreciated help
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 22:24   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I like Grolsh and Moosehead, none of which are American.
notice the ''C'' in Grolsch, yankboy.

(you do have taste though so )
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 22:57   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Ok, I'm confused, when (UK time) will the results start to come in? When will it start to be clear (well has the potential to) who will be the next president. I really fancy watching this but don't want to get up earlier than I have to.
Depends what you mean by results. Vote counts will start coming in in the afternoon (US time). If you want meaningful counts you'll probably have to wait until early evening (US time). If you want who-won-which-states you'll have to wait at least until the polls close (thanks to the miracle of exit polling the media can often call the outcome before the polls close, but they got criticized when they did that so now they wait until after the polls close). If you want who-won-the-election, then it probably comes down to the larger swing states and how close they really end up being. Keep your eye on Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio (all in the Eastern Time Zone)--the earlier they're decided then the earlier the election will be decided.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 23:39   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Depends what you mean by results. Vote counts will start coming in in the afternoon (US time). If you want meaningful counts you'll probably have to wait until early evening (US time). If you want who-won-which-states you'll have to wait at least until the polls close (thanks to the miracle of exit polling the media can often call the outcome before the polls close, but they got criticized when they did that so now they wait until after the polls close). If you want who-won-the-election, then it probably comes down to the larger swing states and how close they really end up being. Keep your eye on Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio (all in the Eastern Time Zone)--the earlier they're decided then the earlier the election will be decided.
Thanks.
I'm confused as to how the votes are counted so fast!
In the Uk, polling stations close at 10 and the 1st results are announced at around 11:30-12ish but most not until the early hours - pretty much the same time (both in terms of GMT) yours will be coming in.
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 00:16   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: On election day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Thanks.
I'm confused as to how the votes are counted so fast.
Ballots in urban areas are generally machine readable and can be counted pretty quickly. In rural areas it can take a while. But you don't need to wait for all the votes to be counted to predict a state-wide winner (unless it's really close).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 00:26   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Thanks again.
So just to clarify, if I go to bed real early (yes I know this is faggy but otherwise I won't get any sleep at all) and wake up at 0200GMT (2100EST) I shall be up late enough for results to be in but early enough not to have missed everything right?!