User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What happens next
Continue ticking 189 41.81%
Rollback 2 ticks 79 17.48%
End Round10 now 184 40.71%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 01:49   #51
street9009

street9009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
Well knows yes, set date? No, hence we have been keepig ourselves busy roiding instead.
Well known is good enough. As I said, your fault. End now.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 01:54   #52
isotee

isotee is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you really think that its fair to vote about this kinda issue?

Since the round was already almost over, large amount of the playerbase already had stopped
caring and of course they are going to vote for ending the round now.

In the other hand, some of us have been working hard for several days to gain positions in rankings
and to give members of our alliances some special fun before the round ends.
And now youre going to nullify all our work by shutting the game down with zero notice...

R8 déjà vu, anyone?

With all the ****ups that have happened (bugs, closures, that fang thingy, etc), atleast give this round a respectful ending.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 01:59   #53
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Lets end this now and regroup - give us enough time to rest...
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 01:59   #54
Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

Wow something like this happened last round!
AND I PAID for this...... HMMMMMMM seems to me that this group has no better time of it than spinner did at least spinner was dedicated ( wheres this mrbrick and co.)
I reckon give us our fee's back and sort it out THEN ask us to pay.
But I guess we aught not to complain Eh! who knows where that might lead!
I won't be back... After all why bother( even though I think the game rocks).
HA Pity spinner went, YES I SAID PITY but also a shame........ cause we let him go!!!!!!
I would say more but I can get pretty insultive so... Bye maties and have fun.

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 13 Dec 2003 at 02:04.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:03   #55
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

im sure almost everyone wants a break before xmas.
Delete all closed planets, delete all free planets/alliances and make 1 tick for the final ranking.
Offer r11 to those who are still bothered in the new year and provide those long overdue speedgames during xmas-newyear and 1 week havocfun before xmas.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:03   #56
Hector

Hector is an unknown quantity at this point

How about this scenario. We just had 2 new planets pay and join our gal. Literally in the last few days. Would it be fair to those people to end the round now?

If people don't want to play then the simple answer is: Don't log in.

Why spoil it for the people who are still interested?
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:04   #57
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by street9009
Well known is good enough. As I said, your fault. End now.

Here, have a penny, go get a clue.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:05   #58
Tuhoajaz

Tuhoajaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotee
Do you really think that its fair to vote about this kinda issue?

Since the round was already almost over, large amount of the playerbase already had stopped
caring and of course they are going to vote for ending the round now.

In the other hand, some of us have been working hard for several days to gain positions in rankings
and to give members of our alliances some special fun before the round ends.
And now youre going to nullify all our work by shutting the game down with zero notice...

R8 déjà vu, anyone?

With all the ****ups that have happened (bugs, closures, that fang thingy, etc), atleast give this round a respectful ending.
Well, despite what is "fair" and what is not, the fact stands that a rollback would again consume ALOT of time, and I for one would no longer tolerate such. And too many would share my opinions, thus stop playing etc. To continue ticking would also be rather unfair (the usual issues about this, you know them etc).

It's really a dead-end situation for the PA-crew. They don't have a solution that would satisfy everyone. So. DESPITE what is fair and what is not (not that it's yours to decide, but still), it's not a question of just that. It's a question of what the majority of the players think. Despite what you think.

Sorry. I have voted YES for this round to end, as I can no longer take this ****
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:06   #59
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

Noooooooo... I just need a few more days I think we should avoid a premature ending if possible, just doesn't feel right
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:11   #60
Random
living under a rock

Random is an unknown quantity at this point

Stopping the game all of a sudden will not be taken well by the majority of the player base. The same goes for continuing on with the ticks without rolling back.

The game needs to be rolled back and then start the ticker again and let everyone continue playing like normal. That way the issues with the closed planets can be resolved and players can try to jockey for a better rank. If round 11 isn't ready yet then the game should just go on until a week before the signup for round 11 with 2 weeks notice given before the end. Skip the havoc.. it's pointless anyway.

Under no circumstance should the game just end with rankings being taken from 3 ticks ago. Anyone that actually cares about playing PAX would despise that attitude. And people with that attitude is what's bringing this community down.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:12   #61
street9009

street9009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
Here, have a penny, go get a clue.
Hey, second grade called, they want their joke back.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:14   #62
auther pendragon

auther pendragon is an unknown quantity at this point

i seriously think that we should put PAX out of our misery now

as far as im concerned if hirr want we will declare them the round winners

every day this is kept open means more players bleeding away

if its not done now there will be about 70 players left

the best suggestion is to close it now and start an extended free beta for round 11 should there be one

given the current staus of anyone that can do anything with the game at the moment, the beta will probably be longer that PAX
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:17   #63
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

have we moved into a tiime warp?

i seem to remember this happening in r8!

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:18   #64
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
How about this scenario. We just had 2 new planets pay and join our gal. Literally in the last few days. Would it be fair to those people to end the round now?

If people don't want to play then the simple answer is: Don't log in.

Why spoil it for the people who are still interested?

I think it is really funny somone would pay two weeks before the game ended. However if you are right and the game ended now the best thing would be to credit those two players a entry into a speed round or next round. ( that is just good busness practice). But better buiness practice is to fix what is broken not to drag it out. Tomany rounds and the same bs has taken place. It is time to fix it once and for all. before there is no one left to play it.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:20   #65
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by street9009
Hey, second grade called, they want their joke back.
-Link Removed-

:snowman:

Dabult please don't post those links
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 02:22   #66
Hector

Hector is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen DAX
I think it is really funny somone would pay two weeks before the game ended. However if you are right and the game ended now the best thing would be to credit those two players a entry into a speed round or next round. ( that is just good busness practice).
True. But this is Jolt. So **** that for a game of soldiers.

Without the sarcasm, I see your point, but I just don't think it's realistic.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:00   #67
d-sun
Eylsium Military Pe0n

d-sun is an unknown quantity at this point

this event forced me to my first post on ad after playing this game for years.
the game went down around 6:40 gmt and ticked for 3 more times. u can´t stop now or just continue cause u would ruin the round for most of the players.
rollback 2 or 3 ticks delete all closed planets, annouce a real end and let us continue
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:04   #68
Ugleb

Ugleb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm bored of this round, and have been for awhile now. I'm sick of downtimes and rollbacks from this round, and as a result this round lost its feeling of continuity some time ago. I feel like I'm playing in fits and starts, and I don't feel any empathy for my planet. If I get hit badly I'm irritated, but don't really care. The only reason I'm still playing is because I owe it to my gal members as their GC. If I wasn't as stubborn as I am, I would have surrendered my planet weeks ago.

If R11 is still some time away, how about resetting the game and running a mini round like R9.5. If we started again with full reseearch, a few constructions and roids we could have an entertaining interim game instead of flogging this round over the finish line before commencing the havoc period.

If anyone else has already suggested this, sorry for repeating you, but I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread at 2.00 am.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:07   #69
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

I dont care if round ends yet or we still get 100-200 ticks. but for final ranking all closed players should be deleted that we have a fair final ranking. cause top1 planet and 5 or 6 planets in top1 gal are currently closed and that since weeks, so I guess they couldnt convince PA crew to reopen them but just nobody cared from PA crew for deletings cause it was still time.
and I would suggest to make a short restart cause this looks like the never finished R8 and I really would dislike to see a second round ending by server ****up.

Regards Sonnenbomber
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:07   #70
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

We fought for every roid and every ship just to get a decent cliffdive. Our tradition is what keeps us going. If you take away the possibility of a lemmingrun, then you take away our lives, our small guiding star, our purpose, our meaning of playing.

I beg you not to stop yet. You listened to all the big alliances earlier, so this time you should listen to the smaller ones.

Continue the game or loose us forever........
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:08   #71
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

The round should have ended a long time ago...in fact it should have been half as long and they should have given us two rounds. It has been said a million times...the rounds are too darn long. The game stagnates, it is impossible to change 'class'. You can always be killed and go down...but once you are halfway through the game you cant up and go from 2000 to 50.

End the round now, give us an extra 2 weeks of Havoc / and or accelerate the plans for that intermediate tournament between rounds 10-11.

Also, a lot of people have finals now, and I would love to not have to worry about studying and maintaining my planet.

And I would like to say, ALL HAIL SPINNER. As you all can see he was clearly and still is dedicated to planetarion, being the only person to come and stop the ticks eventhough he has already quit, now that says something about the man.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:08   #72
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-sun
this event forced me to my first post on ad

This is PD :snowman:

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:21   #73
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Seriously, there needs to be a set date until the ticks continue - be it even next Friday or something near christmas, but a sudden stop like this just isn't fair for the players.

Rollback/continue, and announce a proper end of round few days later to atleast show this game has some organization left. Then we can start havoc.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:22   #74
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

End it now.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:31   #75
Hathor
Goddess

Hathor is an unknown quantity at this point

if you look at the stats on the poll you can see that more than half those players that have voted,want to keep playing.A small percentage of those playing mind you.....87 to 70, but it still shows that the majority want to finish the round correctly.
I, for one, am sick and tired of playng agame that is ended before It's time. It's like when I was a small child , and someone would upset the game board out of spite because they weren't winning. So the game hasn't played out the way lots of ppl wanted. That's the way of a game. There are lurks and pitfalls at every corner that you have to leap over or come up with new strategies to circumnavigate. We have had tick stops ever since the game began .......I can remember them ever since rd3 when I was lucky to first stumble on the game. We get over them. We don't just drop our bundle and say things like " well I didn't like the way the game was being played anyway "
I have stayed with this game since rd 3. Through thick and thin;rolls back ; ticker stops ; hacking ; the works. I play the game till it finishes even if I've been attacked every day for a month [ and I have been ] and as yet this game isn't finished.
If it is concluded at this stage, I believe my respect for PA will have finally gone down the drain. It would have finally resolved my addiction to this game.
Play it out the couple of weeks we were told it would go. it's what we paid for and what we expect.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:03   #76
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Ending now would make it more of a joke round then thought possible. Many people left PA over the r8 fiasco, repeating it again would be tragic.

If the round began and continued with problems, at least let it end properly.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:04   #77
Queen DAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor
if you look at the stats on the poll you can see that more than half those players that have voted,want to keep playing.A small percentage of those playing mind you.....87 to 70, but it still shows that the majority want to finish the round correctly.
I, for one, am sick and tired of playng agame that is ended before It's time. It's like when I was a small child , and someone would upset the game board out of spite because they weren't winning. So the game hasn't played out the way lots of ppl wanted. That's the way of a game. There are lurks and pitfalls at every corner that you have to leap over or come up with new strategies to circumnavigate. We have had tick stops ever since the game began .......I can remember them ever since rd3 when I was lucky to first stumble on the game. We get over them. We don't just drop our bundle and say things like " well I didn't like the way the game was being played anyway "
I have stayed with this game since rd 3. Through thick and thin;rolls back ; ticker stops ; hacking ; the works. I play the game till it finishes even if I've been attacked every day for a month [ and I have been ] and as yet this game isn't finished.
If it is concluded at this stage, I believe my respect for PA will have finally gone down the drain. It would have finally resolved my addiction to this game.
Play it out the couple of weeks we were told it would go. it's what we paid for and what we expect.

current stat as of this moment Continue ticking 54 31.95%
Rollback 2 ticks 38 22.49%
End Round10 now 77 45.56%

just becuse somone dont speak dont mean the votes arnt there..... 45 % is alot yes its not 100 percent but i think it shows people are fed up...

and if i can speak bluntly if you are sick of how things are you should vote to end... if you liek the messy state pa is in the by all means vote to play... Just dotn gripe in 2 weeks or next round what a crap round this was. As you will have contributed to it.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:10   #78
Hathor
Goddess

I never griped that the round was crap. reread what I wrote . I
'm not sick of what has happened either, reread my post.
I voted to keep playing...re read my post.
IF the ROUND ended, I will be 'griped' . I want it to continue.
May I say, that perhaps you need to re read my entire post as you have misread the entire contents. I was very deliberate with my words when I posted. It was never intended to be nasty or offensive, yet you have turned it into a flame ?
Do you have a gripe perhaps ?
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:26   #79
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Please put an end to this round now!

Just to not give those ppl that adandoned fang a chance to win by joining some other ally :-)

Of course we should get rid of all them cheaters first for a clean(lol) ranking
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:30   #80
Hathor
Goddess

I believe FAnG abandoned then first :P
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:31   #81
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

It just wouldn't be Christmas without a hirr suicide run.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:32   #82
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
those ppl that adandoned fang a chance to win by joining some other ally

Of course we should get rid of all them cheaters first for a clean(lol) ranking
Yes
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:44   #83
butter

butter is an unknown quantity at this point

i too feel all players deserve an appropriate ending...
one not affected by this tech prob
therefore roll back the 3 ticks announce end date and let the ppl play out the actual strategies and tactics of the game.

so what ppl left one ally and some will join another... since when is this new but it does bring to conclusion mch liaison and negotiation which should be allowed to show in round outcome... an outcome with closed planets removed.

interesting to look at where many asking for round to end have their loyalties in game... ofc its more beneficial for some to have this rnd end abruptly b4 it was meant to

let's not have that become an advantage as was some being closed then reopened or any of the other unfortunate occurences this round.

no this is not a flame simply my opinion.

ps how can i vote in poll when rollback 3 ticks isnt an option... pls fix it
i put this as my official vote on this issue... rollback 3 ticks not 2
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:54   #84
ElCoro

ElCoro can only hope to improve

To quote an old saying "this is no way to run a railroad" Technical problems do happen however the PA team tends to only make a bad situation worse. Your inability to make a decision and stick to it only feeds fuel to the fire. This thread in and of itself is proof of this. Do not leave the decision to the players...too many people have thier own selfish agendas as thier only priority.
The Pa team must decide what is best for the game as a whole and make a quick decision, explain it, and move on.
Just one mans opinion
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:59   #85
Queen DAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor
I never griped that the round was crap. reread what I wrote . I
'm not sick of what has happened either, reread my post.
I voted to keep playing...re read my post.
IF the ROUND ended, I will be 'griped' . I want it to continue.
May I say, that perhaps you need to re read my entire post as you have misread the entire contents. I was very deliberate with my words when I posted. It was never intended to be nasty or offensive, yet you have turned it into a flame ?
Do you have a gripe perhaps ?

actuly when i posted that the stats was for you the rest was ment to the genral public. Perhaps my wording could have been better. I do aplogies for making it look liek i was directing to you.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:02   #86
AxTera

AxTera is an unknown quantity at this point

SIgh i have personally wanted this rd to end for sometime now. I have achieved more then i ever wished to but anyhow. Stopping this rd now with out time for alliance to go to full scale war and top of the rankings and not deleting the closed planets to show the true rankings would just be rude. People have worked very hard to achieve where they are. Also those who want the rd to end just simply quit and come back for rd 11. Because some of us who don't want it to end would like to have something to play till rd 11 that dosnt cost and start a total rebuilding stage. We've come Far Lets keep going let the fight going.

Just Recall all fleets and give all some compsation cash for the delayd ticks. blah blah But no rollback or closer of the rd.

Last edited by AxTera; 13 Dec 2003 at 05:08.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:04   #87
Hathor
Goddess

Thank you Queen Dax. I appreciate your appology and give you hugs and lix
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:09   #88
todos

continue ticking till the end, still some business to atend.

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:12   #89
TardSociety

TardSociety is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_r
A few things for the people who make the decision to think about:

Ending now would be a terrible PR disaster for PA. Giving up on round 8, round 9 only being half a round, Round 9.5 going to plan and then round 10 falling apart gives the game an abyssmal 1 in 4 record of actually giving people the game they paid for.

I've seen no signs of round 11 even beginning testing, let alone being ready to play, and the same goes for the 'ladders' thing that was mentioned.

Here's my proposal:

1) Keep round 10 ticking until round 11 is ready to start signups, than have havoc until round 11 is a day away from tick start. Sure, lots of people have quit, but the round is a long way from stagnant (after all , the #1 alliance just fell apart!) and we've not really seen any of the new end game tactics that the 6k roid people need to invent to battle against each other.

2) Until round 11 is ready for public betas, use the beta servers for free speedgames, to keep the players who have given up on round 10 interested, and to publicise the game.
Makes alot of sense to me.....
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:19   #90
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_r
A few things for the people who make the decision to think about:

Ending now would be a terrible PR disaster for PA. Giving up on round 8, round 9 only being half a round, Round 9.5 going to plan and then round 10 falling apart gives the game an abyssmal 1 in 4 record of actually giving people the game they paid for.

I've seen no signs of round 11 even beginning testing, let alone being ready to play, and the same goes for the 'ladders' thing that was mentioned.

Here's my proposal:

1) Keep round 10 ticking until round 11 is ready to start signups, than have havoc until round 11 is a day away from tick start. Sure, lots of people have quit, but the round is a long way from stagnant (after all , the #1 alliance just fell apart!) and we've not really seen any of the new end game tactics that the 6k roid people need to invent to battle against each other.

2) Until round 11 is ready for public betas, use the beta servers for free speedgames, to keep the players who have given up on round 10 interested, and to publicise the game.

could be a good idea

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:23   #91
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about

Spinner Rocks.

*bye now!*

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:57   #92
Shooter16

Shooter16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I for one vote continue ticking.. you guys get too wrapped up in the politics.. I just want to play.. collect roids.. get defense.. mount attacks.. bitch about attacks.. bitch about attackers.. laugh at funny emails.. i can't do that if we stop the ticker and have like a 5 week period between rounds.. they said themselves they are ending it in 2 weeks and we all know its AT LEAST usually 3 weeks after that before they start another signups.. so thats 5 weeks without doing anything. You guys may want to take your break well take your break.. let the ticker ride and let the others play until they decide to start the other round.. we all know this round is over already anyway. It ended before it started. Forget about excuses and just play
[ND]Shooter16

Oh been ND since Round 4 since ya guys like to show what you were and will be and such.. haven't moved anywhere they been good to me.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:03   #93
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

Keep it ticking or rollback, No way in hell u dare to end the round now!!!
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:11   #94
Senater
Never say DIE!

Senater is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't care if we have a rollback or just start tickings (maybe start ticks and recall all fleets, been done before).

Announce the end of round to be late next week (since is a time alot of people go on holidays etc), then play havoc over christmas and new year.

From what i hear Round 11 is no where to being close, no beta/testing has been done, dunno if even the game has been finished coding so i think it's out of the question to keep ticking until then (2-3 more months??). After the holidays, if round 11 is ready go with that, if not play something in between (maybe rd10.5, quicker ticks for a couple of weeks or something??).

Anyway it would be wrong to end the round now, so many people have plans for the end game (like hirr ), do we really want to take that away again?

Elysium HC

Ex-Cell HC
[Loyalty - Pride - Power]
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:27   #95
Random
living under a rock

Random is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion this poll is ridiculous. Why even have it? The last time the ticker stopped no one suggested just ending the game then. I wonder why that was? And the other times the ticker stopped this round I don't recall PA Team asking the community if we just wanted to continue like nothing happened.. Ticks were rolled back and then the game went on and it was the only logical choice their was.

Based on what's happened before this round, it's obvious that the right thing to do is roll back to three ticks ago (and perhaps recall all fleets) and then announce an official ending date. Personally, to me it doesn't even matter how long it takes to get someone to do this because I going any other route is unfair to *anyone* that has been actively playing and enjoying this round thus far.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:41   #96
Hathor
Goddess

well said Random
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:43   #97
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I think they should start up the game again and give me a really good planet so I can goof off.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 07:30   #98
ZeroCool

ZeroCool is an unknown quantity at this point

yes...its better for us to end this round now..holidays are coming and i dont want to stay in front of computer...i want to sleep more etc...and plese try to make PA work good
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 07:31   #99
zmeu
Diablo

zmeu has a little shameless behaviour in the past

[08:22:32] -P- Information about: MrBrick (76475)
[08:22:32] -P- Currently logged on via:
[08:22:32] -P- OFFLINE
[08:22:32] -P- Language: English
[08:22:32] -P- INVISIBLE is Off
[08:22:32] -P- LAST SEEN: 8 days, 13:59:22 ago.

uh huh ? whos there to hear all of u ?
nm. santa's coming soon
ps: that lawyer idea is nice
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 07:33   #100
Jahnda
Retired Peon

Jahnda is an unknown quantity at this point

Oi! I'm dying to see the lemmings run!
Closed Thread