User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:24   #1
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
A PA Team members Veiw

This Summarization covers:

PA teams apparent Disorganization
PA’s Plans for the Future
PA’s previous PR Problems
Round 11
As well as various info.

As for rather you think that Mist was being Professional are not, Id say he responded in a very professional manner, speaking as one part of a Team. The title of this post his View from a Pa Team Member, not The View from PA team.

You can find the entire log at

http://www.geocities.com/ztimism/mistlog.doc

In the begging, mist and I are talking about this thread. http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=174326

Mist clarifies what he said in a post by telling me when he posted he was talking about the fact that he got the perception that people thought the PA team sucked as a whole. I responded by saying the way PA team has worked together sucked, because although each individual was doing all right, the team as a whole had no cohesiveness. I suggested that in part, kloopy touched on the same thing I was talking about and mist replied that he disagreed with mist. I then responded by saying that I agreed with kloopy and that I thought that PA team needed a leader because the benefits greatly outweighed the negative. Mist responded that after the experience with MR Brick, that I, or anyone else, would have a difficult time convincing PA team of that, but that Mist rather not talk about it. I responded that the problem was that PA team did not act to pick a new leader, and instead allowed someone who really was qualified (mist) clear up facts. I say that only in my opinion that keef, or someone who is in charge of PA team should have came out with that information and it shouldn’t have been as personal as it was. But that’s just me. Mist felt that the middle ground between to groups (i.e. Karm and Brick) doesn’t look true to either side. I went on to say that from Either side, it didn’t look like PA team had its things together, and that they should have had a line of succession in place incase something like the Mr. Brick incident happened. Mist agreed with me but stated the obvious, that there wasn’t one, but didn’t give me a reason; he didn’t want to get into it he said. He then said because it would lead to people “slagging” other people off. (It appears to me that this happened anyway). Mist said that he didn’t see how having five leaders is different from five creators. I felt that the difference was that (from my perception) Zeus was leader, and then spinner became leader. Mist said that he didn’t perceive it that way… so that’s up for debate.
The Next subject was the un-openness of Mit and Karm. I asked Mist why Mit and Karm, who have more influence on PA’s future, aren’t making comments on anything (i.e. kloopy's thread). I also stated that players didn’t real feel much was going on. Mist said that the problem was that the community doesn’t know whets going on, and that there is actually great communication within PA team and that Mist knows this from the immense volume of posts on the Design thread. And that the real problem lied in the fact that it was hard to let people know whets going on. I agreed with mist that people might not be able to see what was going on, but even in they couldn’t; it didn’t really matter, because the players have the perception that PA team is dreadfully disorganized. Mist explained that from the inside [of pa team] it was hard to see why people thought they were disorganized. I responded by saying it was because the players “have no information, PA team fired its leader, and all Jolt is doing is taking the money and telling you what you can and can’t release.” Mist responded by telling me that he know that saying that things were organized wouldn’t convince the community so he asked what I thought would convince the community.

Anticipating that I would suggest Question Time, Mist pointed out that last creator’s hour was un-productive. I then answered by saying that players would like information as to plans, a weekly creator’s hour with updates and announcements, even if it’s not for a whole hour, just a time where all PA Team is online at one time. I also responded that I felt the community wanted to be kept up-to-dates, and to provide specific dates for planes in the futures, even if it’s highly speculative and in the range of weeks, just so the players can get a range.

Mist response for plans was

<mist|zZz> future plans. First off there's these two speed games, past that there's round 11. when that'll be we don't know, as it's got to be designed, coded and betad

I said that PA team needed to have some answers for round 11, PA needs to have some answers, because the perception the community gets when you have no answers, is that you have no plans.

Mist said that they couldn’t provide anything about round 11 because they didn’t have all the answers figured out for themselves yet. I point out that they didn’t have to have concrete answers but could instead discuss possible planes and ideas for round 11. Mist then said that if you give good ideas, then clones would steal them. I responded that they could tell use which things from round nine and ten will make it to round 11, and he said that they could do that. I also suggested PA team could give us hints as to what to expect in round 11, how ever mist seemed lest enthusiastic about that.

We talked about formulas... ECT, rather dry comments... so im going to not talk about them you can link to the source if you want to.

Mist then said that now, most arguments had to do now with how much skill to ad to the game and how much chance to leave. I responded by saying, personally, I hope that they add more skill, and Mist said he did as well.

I think said that I felt that Karm needs to express his views on issues instead of saying Nope, we cant to it because of jolt. If he cant say something because of jolt he should say why he can’t say it, how we can get jolt to let him say it, and one of the biggest questions people are asking, Were does the money from PA go.

Mist responded by saying the money isn’t going even and that PA is breaking even. He didn’t get into much detail here… so no answers has to how PA is possibly only breaking even, but did say they hope to bring round 11 to us free (already known)

We then both expressed are dislike in Jolt...

Some useless chatter…

I suggested that PA team find how much it cost to run PA, if they did it themselves, and see if they can do it. This thing with jolt is just not working. Mist responded that Jolt owns the domain, and although the could set up a clone, things are best with jolt in there opinion.

I questioned Mist again, about how PA could not be making a profit, and mist said, “Well, they paid for planetarion, which has to be recouped and ran round 9.5 for free but tbh, I don't know. I said that round 9.5 and round 9 were about the same length as a normal round… and that round 9.5 was useless... he agreed with me on the latter point.

Again, trying to get Karm to post replies to certain issues, I talked about it with Mist and mist replied that Karm would say the same thing Mist said... and that Karm might say less because he has an NDA...

There some other things as well, such as some over-general details about new things in round 11, modules in the game to allow a fully customizable game on customizable servers and the like...and mist stated that the Combat system was done.. But I had given him a new idea about something to add to it...
But you can take a look at the log for the other things.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?

Last edited by Qdeathstar; 17 Jan 2004 at 03:06. Reason: To get red of the log
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:34   #2
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Re: A PA Team members Veiw

Cheers for posting your abuse of the team
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:35   #3
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

huh, no, i did ask before i posted...and he siad it was fine.

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:37   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

for the record, i said he could post it if he wanted to. they're give or take the same answers i'd give anyone else.

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:39   #5
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

see,, ah told ya

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:39   #6
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

oh heh.. i didnt think anything else..by abuse i just meant bugging in pm :P
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:46   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

since when are IRC logs allowed?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:52   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
since when are IRC logs allowed?

That's a very good question.

On a related note, that was a god damn long log

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:52   #9
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Since they're relavant and informative and contain some useful information and a good insight into the current inner workings of PATeam, I think it should stay. Read between the lines and the meaning behind a lot of the things mist said and you can learn a lot.

Qdeathstar, you "interviewed" mist well. Thanks.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:52   #10
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i'll ask him to summarise / link to the log when he wakes up. enirely my fault, wasn't aware there were rules against irc logs

/me remembers why i prefer irc

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 02:02   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's good to see mist really took the advice I gave him to heart, and again is sharing his personal viewpoints with us as official PA Team statements, or at least allowing them to be put forward as such. Tell me mist, did any of the PA Team Senate Leader Emperor People give you permission to speak on behalf of PA Team, and if not, why are you not referring Qdeathstar to someone who can speak on behalf of the Team?

Allow me to comment on a few snippets.
Quote:
<mist|zZz> problem there is that the facts from both sides often look rather different
<mist|zZz> so the "middle ground" often doesn't look very true to either side
If you are going to make a statement about those events, don't come up with a middle ground, come up with facts. If you don't know enough about a situation to come up with a valid statement that is supported by the people involved (as opposed to none), then shut up about it.
Quote:
<mist|zZz> problem is that it's hard to let people know what's going on
No, it isn't. It's called 'frequent updates', 'designer diary', etc. Practically none of the free PA clones out there seem to have any problems whatsoever with keeping the players involved and informed, and they are mostly ran by one or two people in their spare time. If they can do it, give me one good excuse of why you can't.
Quote:
<mist|zZz> what information would you like?
This forum neads a 'bang head against the wall' smiley. Are you seriously saying you're offering a product/service to a community and you have no idea what the customers/players would like to know about it?
Quote:
<mist|zZz> jolt have said that they're happy for pa to break even
<mist|zZz> so realistically, the money isn't going anywhere
1. The money leaves the player's pockets, so it's definitely going somewhere
2. What happens with income beyond the 'break even' point?
Quote:
<mist|zZz> heh
<mist|zZz> i don't like jolt :/
So you guys have finally scrapped the rule about PA Team not being negative about Jolt in public
Quote:
<mist|zZz> jolt own the domain
Jolt own the name, Fudge owns the domain.
Quote:
<mist|zZz> tbh, i lost interest after round 9
It's good to see that PA Team members are taking an active interest in the game
Quote:
<mist|zZz> that's what i did
<mist|zZz> and now you're complaining about it :/
Doing your job is one thing. Doing your job well is an entirely different one.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 02:50   #12
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

giving interviews now mist?

When are you going to hand out autographs?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 03:45   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: A PA Team members Veiw

Odd way to disseminate information but strangely more informative than anything else I've seen in the past month.

Note to self: never put the person in charge of PR under NDA.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 03:46   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

PR.

Karm.

Lol.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 10:17   #15
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

why is there negative stuff here when we are trying to create positive stuff?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 11:04   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Havent had time to read the log yet but please can you upload it somewhere and post a link to it rather than having it all in the post, thanks.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 12:11   #17
Strifeh

Strifeh is an unknown quantity at this point

From my view it seems mist is giving his view as a person, rather than 'as a member of PATeam' so I therefore don't really think it's applicable to bastardise PATeam for his views, as they as his views, not PATeam's views.

Quote:
Tell me mist, did any of the PA Team Senate Leader Emperor People give you permission to speak on behalf of PA Team, and if not, why are you not referring Qdeathstar to someone who can speak on behalf of the Team?
Where in that post did mist say he was speaking on behalf on PATeam? Like you said it's his personal viewpoints, but untill mist states that it was on behalf of PATeam I'm willing to take that log as his views, not shared views.
Strifeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 12:20   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifeh
Where in that post did mist say he was speaking on behalf on PATeam? Like you said it's his personal viewpoints, but untill mist states that it was on behalf of PATeam I'm willing to take that log as his views, not shared views.
I'd assume that a member of the PR team was speaking on behalf of PATeam, especially in publically quoted statements.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 12:24   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<mist|zZz> arguments over formulas are more over them adding some skill to the game or not

Just as an aside.

Does anyone really think that the alliances didn't know how the game worked? The only people that didn't were the 'smaller players' that 'hidden formulae' were designed to 'help'.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 13:59   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifeh
From my view it seems mist is giving his view as a person, rather than 'as a member of PATeam'
One lesson I've thoroughly learned in my time with PA Team, is that once you're in PA Team, anything you say is viewed upon as coming from PA Team.

This thread isn't entitled "mist's views", it's called "A PA Team member's views". Mist wasn't spoken to as a person, off-the-record, but was interviewed as a representative of PA Team. Hence he should have spoken as "PA Team PR Liaison", rather than "Mist". Although mist is a very nice bloke and I personally can't blame him for his own viewpoints, it's these kind of things that create an air of unprofessionality around the Team.

It works the same way in the real world, like it or not. A political figure in the Netherlands was recently involved in a minor scandal, as he admitted to someone that he regularly watches Internet porn and such, which made it's way into the media. I'm certain that if some random citizen shouted on the streets that he watched Internet porn everyday, no one would even give a flying flip, let alone it being plastered all over TV and the newspaper.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 03:13   #21
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

sorry for the log, i wasnt aware it was againts forum rules..

also

Quote:
This forum neads a 'bang head against the wall' smiley. Are you seriously saying you're offering a product/service to a community and you have no idea what the customers/players would like to know about it?
that really did make me laugh out loud..

Unread 25 Jan 2004, 18:21   #22
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

This post is really sad..

OK. Two weeks later, we still havnt seen anything from PA team to indicate they are on track. Mist had said that he would get Karm to post on the forums more and that he would have an announcment on the PORTAL about up-comming round-11 details. Additionally, none of the problems that we discussed in the conversation have been discussed at any level.

A week ago, i had asked Mist if Karm was going to post something, and Mist replied that he had went to the movies, and earlier he was shopping or something. Basicly that Karm was away. Is the PA community left to belief that Karm, like Mr Brick, is no longer here?

Unread 25 Jan 2004, 20:24   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Karm's online on IRC. It's just he doesn't lower himself to talking to the common user.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 23:55   #24
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

great....

Unread 26 Jan 2004, 17:47   #25
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

well, i guess they kept one of there promises.. where the hell is karm? IRC inst relley good enough...