User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 Jun 2008, 10:12   #1
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Roid initing warning

okay so we all saw it this round those people who init much higher and just get farmed when protection ends.

I think there should be a warning for everyone.

" Warning you are initating over your mining limit, you will NOT be able to mine these roids. Do you wish to continue? "

Still gives the people who have wierd and wonderful tactics and god knows want to init over the limit but it warns the others and new players who probably just keep on initing cause it pushes them further up the board only to be bashed down to reality.

This would only come up when initing so roiding above it would be no problem.

Anyways, thoughts, opinions and mz ready to shoot this down?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 10:22   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Roid initing warning

saying why this might be a problem could help.

eg, " Warning you are initating over your mining limit which might attract unwanted attention from our planet's many universal enemies, you will NOT be able to mine these roids. Do you wish to continue? "

o_O
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 10:27   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's easy to implement and will probably help a few newer players. No downsides. Sounds good to me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 10:45   #4
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

agree, good idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 11:11   #5
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

One learns best by experience. If someone inits loads of roids and gets roided to sh*t, that is certainly a learning point.
Hence, such a warning is imo nonsense, why make the game warn people for things that seem fairly logical. The game should not overprotect and take away learning points.
New players can learn the right tactic by peer communication and having a glance around the universe. If they don't, that's just stupid.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 11:28   #6
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Yeah that definitely makes sense, I mean it's not like the game needs new players anyway. If they get crushed in the first couple of weeks they definately keep playing aswell, and if they don't use IRC to chat to pros, who wants 'em anyway amitrite?

Unread 11 Jun 2008, 11:43   #7
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
Yeah that definitely makes sense, I mean it's not like the game needs new players anyway. If they get crushed in the first couple of weeks they definately keep playing aswell, and if they don't use IRC to chat to pros, who wants 'em anyway amitrite?

I did not say anything about the first few weeks nor the game not needing new players nor IRC chat to pros.
I said, they will be roided to shit once (maybe twice if their learning curve isnt very steep) and they will learn. If not by themselves (depending on being smart/stupid), they will learn by their galaxy making him/her aware. (= peer communication) Communication is done mainly by IRC, I agree, but not solely. There is something like ingame mailing?
In conclusion,I am not in favour of patronising elements added to the game, which this is imo.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 12:10   #8
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I just wrote a reply and the bloody thing logged me out.

The summary was that while I see your point, I don't think it has any basis in a practical sense.
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 12:44   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Sounds fine to me. Should be easy to implement, if new players think they know better they can try it (and then get bashed). Better than just getting bashed on some stupid point.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 14:27   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

" Warning you are initating over your mining limit, you will NOT be able to mine these roids unless you research the next Heavy Cargo Transfer. Do you wish to continue? "

I think it is a good idea to remind new players about the relation between HCT research and roids mining, but not necessary to talk about potential incomings because:
- incomings are not related to your mining capacity
- people with as low as 150 roids get incomings these days
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 17:22   #11
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Seems like a decent idea. One possible suggestion though..

Block free planets from ever going above their HCT limit with roid initiation, don't even give them the option. Paid accounts could get the warning as an option if they want to initiate more than their research allows, incase they're due to finish an HCT research shortly after they go to sleep, etc.

I know it's a slightly evil restriction, but free and paid accounts need differences and this seems like an obvious one. It blocks new players from initiating too many, and could possibly help a little bit against farms.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 17:43   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Block free planets from ever going above their HCT limit with roid initiation, don't even give them the option.
Since there's zero benefit to initing above your HCT limit, I have no problem with this suggestion. You could even expand it to encompass paid planets as well, for the same reason.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 18:50   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Since there's zero benefit to initing above your HCT limit, I have no problem with this suggestion. You could even expand it to encompass paid planets as well, for the same reason.
IT could be a matter of timing.. eg next roid research done in 1-4 ticks or whatever, but you have to go to work/bed/etc. Init the roids now, they start working once the research is done, no worries.

Preventing them (particularly paid planets), is a bad thing imo.

Is farming that much of a problem?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2008, 21:07   #14
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

i like GReaper's suggestion.. but would like to point something out with the initing over the hct limit.

if you start with core in the early ticks, you can init to like ~115 before you finish the 200 roid research iirc. basically, i think you should be able to over init within limits, like maybe 10-20% more than you can actually mine or even 25-50 roids and keep it a static number.
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 19:10   #15
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

You should be able to initiate roids before the tick the research finishes. Research ticks before the resources are added.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2008, 14:56   #16
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
IT could be a matter of timing.. eg next roid research done in 1-4 ticks or whatever, but you have to go to work/bed/etc. Init the roids now, they start working once the research is done, no worries.

Preventing them (particularly paid planets), is a bad thing imo.
Unread 13 Jun 2008, 15:05   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Fair enough. The original suggestion (a warning system) is still on the table though.